Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:44 AM

Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) (7630 Views)

Governor Udom Emmanuel's Second Term Declaration In Pictures / Governor Udom Emmanuel Stops His Convoy To Buy Pears From A Roadside Seller / Udom Emmanuel Gives Lexus SUV To Udom Free Chanel, Physically Challenged Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by tempest01(m): 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Akwa Ibom state government did not invest one kobo in the Metering industry, Syringe project and others. It is 100% PPP where investors put in money and the state play their own non monetary role.

The board of the Syringe Factory is made of 10% foreigners, 70% Akwa Ibomites and 20% non Akwa Ibom citizen but Nigerians.

Still rhymes with my predicted ownership composition.

If that is the case then, with all the money, what are the state govt capital projects?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
Akwa Ibom Pencil and Toothpick Factory, Etinan Local Government Area

[img]https://i2.wp.com/techpoint.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Techpoint-Tour-2017-Day-11-39-of-287.jpg?zoom=2.8899999999999997&resize=760%2C500&ssl=1[/img]

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:22pm On Jun 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
tempest01:

Still rhymes with my predicted ownership composition.

If that is the case then, with all the money, what are the state govt capital projects?
Oga wetin be your point?
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by Banmeallday: 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
All mediocre thins
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
Banmeallday:
All mediocre thins
Envy kills faster than AIDS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Gabbysky:
Nice post @OP.
But please, what is the Govt doing to tackle insecurity in the State ?
I hear the armed robbery and kidnapping there now is unprecedented onto a whole new level
Insecurity is a very challenging but the state of security Is improving.

I encourage you to write the Governor directly and trust me he will answer you
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
Very mediocre indeed, especially considering that they are using billions to set up these "one-man" cottage factories. Look at the factories and buildings, it is either one small machine inside or one small warehouse....Everything is small!

Imagine a government that sets up a chicken hatchery but farmers in the state are still buying their chickens from Oyo state. Why is it so difficult for Udom to scale up these ventures to massive production operations which would trigger high levels of economic activity?

Etok mindset is the main problem. Etok means "small mindedness" and fear of "big things" or "fear of huge success." Late Akpan Isemin, former Akwa Ibom governor during IBB talked about this problem extensively.

Banmeallday:
All mediocre thins
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
namet:
Very mediocre indeed, especially considering that they are using billions to set up these "one-man" cottage factories. Look at the factories and buildings, it is either one small machine inside or one small warehouse....Everything is small!

Imagine a government that sets up a chicken hatchery but farmers in the state are still buying their chickens from Oyo state. Why is it so difficult for Udom to scale up these ventures to massive production operations which would trigger high levels of economic activity?

Etok mindset is the main problem. Etok means "small mindedness" and fear of "big things" or "fear of huge success." Late Akpan Isemin, former Akwa Ibom governor during IBB talked about this problem extensively.

You have been doing bad belle all through the thread.

That there is a hatchery doesn't mean that it will solve all problems overnight. Jesus! How do you critics sleep?

Meanwhile, is the Syringe Factory small? The largest in Africa

What about the Pencil and Toothpick factory? First in Nigeria

I know you are pained but please show your hatred with fear of God
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
There is no bad belle here. I want the very best for my country. If Akwa Ibom gets it right, all Nigerians can benefit from that because folks would be attracted to the state.

I am simply holding the "richest state in Nigeria" to a higher standard, which you are not accustomed to. You and other promoters of Udom's government are doing so because you are benefiting financially from selling your fake and cooked-up industrialization story to the world.

What I am saying is that the work Udom is doing is not good enough, for the amount of money he is using to do it. You're being disingenuous when you keep saying " the biggest this and that" when you should be telling us the economic impact of those projects.

Tell us how many jobs these one-man factories create and their direct impact on the economy of the state. Don't tell me the factory is biggest because the Chinese who sold you the machines said it can produce millions of pencils.

Akwa Ibom citizens are among the poorest in Nigeria. So, where are all the high allocations that come to the state monthly, if not that the monies are shared by Udom to PDP hacks in the state.

Sorry to say, but Akwa Ibom monies are not benefitting the people of the state - the reason why there is high unemployment and poverty. Instead, the monies are dissipated into the bank accounts of PDP hacks which is less than .1% of the population. You and Udom's government are a fraud!

TonyeBarcanista:

You have been doing bad belle all through the thread.

That there is a hatchery doesn't mean that it will solve all problems overnight. Jesus! How do you critics sleep?

Meanwhile, is the Syringe Factory small? The largest in Africa

What about the Pencil and Toothpick factory? First in Nigeria

I know you are pained but please show your hatred with fear of God

3 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
namet:
There is no bad belle here. I want the very best for my country. If Akwa Ibom gets it right, all Nigerians can benefit from that because folks would be attracted to the state.

I am simply holding the "richest state in Nigeria" to a higher standard, which you are not accustomed to. You and other promoters of Udom's government are doing so because you are benefiting financially from selling your fake and cooked-up industrialization story to the world.

What I am saying is that the work Udom is doing is not good enough, for the amount of money he is using to do it. You're being disingenuous when you keep saying " the biggest this and that" when you should be telling us the economic impact of those projects.

Tell us how many jobs these one-man factories create and their direct impact on the economy of the state. Don't tell me the factory is biggest because the Chinese who sold you the machines said it can produce millions of pencils.

Akwa Ibom citizens are among the poorest in Nigeria. So, where are all the high allocations that come to the state monthly, if not that the monies are shared by Udom to PDP hacks in the state.

Sorry to say, but Akwa Ibom monies are not benefitting the people of the state - the reason why there is high unemployment and poverty. Instead, the monies are dissipated into the bank accounts of PDP hacks which is less than .1% of the population. You and Udom's government are a fraud!

When you are ready to argue factually do let me know
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nigerian Navy Military School, Ikot Ntuen in Oruk Anam Local Government Area

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2018

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2018

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by ednut1(m): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
Just left Mobil QIT/eket today. Nothing to write home about . na only okada work boys dey see do
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by deomelo: 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

FEAR GOD!

The Syringe Factory alone has created over 600 direct jobs (as at time of inauguration in 2017). Not to talk of hundreds/thousands of indirect jobs

Now add the metering factory, pencil industry, fertilizer factory and others that are already in full operation.

Hate is allowed but always have fear of God

Syringe factory created hundreds and thousands of Jobs?

You people just fabricate lies and rubbish that you cannot substantiate with facts.

You should be the one fearing God..
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by OlujobaSamuel: 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
lol, no be person wey get education go work for this company or manage the structures, abegi, with all those sch pinsure, which kind education dey wan give, btw, i served there so i know what was on ground compared to Udom, all of dem be thief
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TheTakeOver: 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
Its today I know this guy tony whatever is paid. The government aids give him all this details to throw out here. He is not even from Akwa Ibom States. This is a cosmetics pics if you know you know. Just like the old woman make up pics trending today.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by deomelo: 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheTakeOver:
Its today I know this guy tony whatever is paid. The government aids give him all this details to throw out here. He is not even from Akwa Ibom States. This is a cosmetics pics if you know you know. Just like the old woman make up pics trending today.

You know there's a problem somewhere if these scanty and mediocre projects are all you have to show from there richest state in Nigeria.

Sadly for this paid agent, I can list better quality infrastructures from poorer states with half of their budget in Akwa Ibom to fill several pages on NL.

With the absurd and mediocre projects the OP posted, he's actually doing a disservice to his paymaster.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by madamgrace: 11:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
deomelo:

You know there's a problem somewhere if these scanty and mediocre projects are all you have to show from there richest state in Nigeria.

Sadly for this paid agent, I can list better quality infrastructures from poorer states with half of their budget in Akwa Ibom to fill several pages on NL.

With the absurd and mediocre projects the OP posted, he's actually doing a disservice to his paymaster.
You have been ranting since yet no substance
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by madamgrace: 11:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:
lol, no be person wey get education go work for this company or manage the structures, abegi, with all those sch pinsure, which kind education dey wan give, btw, i served there so i know what was on ground compared to Udom, all of dem be thief
Pointless! This is just rant without fact
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by gameboyo: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2018
saintkeppy:

Is like you have friends working almost everywhere in the state wink
I want to get ur opinion about the road construction executed by Gov'nor Udom compare to Senator Akpabio's era

Once u do good, I'll praise you and when u don't get it right, I'll criticize you. Udom hasn't done roads, that's the fact.
Which standard road has he done? None. In Akpabio's 8year reign, he never went to commission any 1km of road anywhere. Udom is busy commissioning roads less than 1km and claiming he's building roads. In ikot ekpene, Udom hasn't done even a single road, same applies to eket and most others. He's a failure in road construction. I think he should have retained ex governor Akpabio's commissioner for works, that man was the reason akpabio excelled in roads design and construction. Though I'm told the guy refused to be retained, but he should have gone extra mile to keep Don Etim, he was the real deal
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by DabuIIIT: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2018
deomelo:

Syringe factory created hundreds and thousands of Jobs?

You people just fabricate lies and rubbish that you cannot substantiate with facts.

You should be the one fearing God..

pls quit sweating in the pants to bring down Tonyebarcanista,you just can't. You aint in league. Maintain ur mud,pls.
grin
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2018
DabuIIIT:

pls quit sweating in the pants to bring down Tonyebarcanista,you just can't. You aint in league. Maintain ur mud,pls.
grin
Them plenty boss...

Pull Tonyebarcanista Down Nigeria Limited...

But one with God is majority

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2018
gameboyo:

Once u do good, I'll praise you and when u don't get it right, I'll criticize you. Udom hasn't done roads, that's the fact.
Which standard road has he done? None. In Akpabio's 8year reign, he never went to commission any 1km of road anywhere. Udom is busy commissioning roads less than 1km and claiming he's building roads. In ikot ekpene, Udom hasn't done even a single road, same applies to eket and most others. He's a failure in road construction. I think he should have retained ex governor Akpabio's commissioner for works, that man was the reason akpabio excelled in roads design and construction. Though I'm told the guy refused to be retained, but he should have gone extra mile to keep Don Etim, he was the real deal
Oboy try fear God o...

The roads for Uyo LGA alone are massive talkless of those of other 30 councils...

UYO LGA ALONE
(Na only roads be this o other project I no add dem)

Ongoing construction of high-rise and investment buildings at the central business district of the Uyo metropolis.
10. Ongoing construction of 8,500 capacity International Worship Centre.
11. Dualization of 25.0km Uyo – Ikot Ekpene Road.
12. Dualization of 20.0km Uyo – Etinan Road (Ikot Oku Ikono)
13. Dualization of the 14.5km Uyo/Airport Junction – Okopedi Okobo Road, Phase I
14. Dualization of 9.5km Ring Road III in Aka Nung Udoe Road
15. Construction of 2.1km Road around State Secretariat Annex and Believers Assembly, Mbiabong Etoi, Uyo
16. Construction of 1.5km Nsikak Eduok - Tropicana Outfall Drain
17. Construction of 1.05km Information Drive, Uyo
18. Construction of the 6.1 km Atan Offot Road in Uyo
19. Construction of 19.317km Anua – Mbak – Ishiet Road
20. Construction of 5.1km Ewet Housing Extension
21. Remodeling/Rehabilitation of Selected Roads, Strategic Junctions & Roundabouts In Uyo Metropolis, Phase I
22. Construction of 1.3km Ntiedo Udosen Street
23. Construction of Ikot Akpan Abia - Oboyo Ikot Ita - Enen Nsit Road
24. Citrus & Pineapple hybrid plantation, Uyo Village Road
25. Construction of Akparen Street
26. Construction of Ibiono Lane
27. Construction of Etoi Street
28. Construction of Udotung Ubo Lane
29. Construction of Afaha Etok Ibesikpo
30. Construction of Vision Close, Nsukara
31. Construction of Akpasak Extension
32. Construction of Kastrophy Hotel Road Off D Line, Ewet Housing
33. Construction of Graceland School Road, Shelter Afrique
34. Construction of Aka Community School Road with Spur to Aka/road by ‘C’ Division Police Station
35. Construction of Akpa Ube Close by IBB Opposite Ibom Hall
36. Construction of Akpa Ube Crescent by AKEES Office Opposite Ibom Hall
37. Proposed Completion of Nung Ette – Shelter Afrique Dual Carriage
38. Construction of Access Road to Atlantic FM and its Environs
39. Construction of All Grace School Road and Prof. Offiong Street, Shelter Afrique
40. Construction of Youth Avenue (Winners Chapel Mbiabong Road) in Uyo
41. Emergency Completion of Ediye Street by 4Lane, Ewet Housing Estate
42. Emergency Completion of Stallion Hotel Road Linking G-Line, Ewet Housing Estate, Uyo
43. Emergency Completion of Akpan Andem Street, immediately after 4Lane traffic light, Itiam/Ewet Housing, Uyo
44. Emergency Completion of Akpan Andem Street, immediately after 4-Lane traffic light, Itiam/Ewet Housing, Uyo
45. Construction of Ukim Close off D-Line, Ewet Housing Estate.
46. Construction of Akpasak Est. Access Road

For Eket Local Government, see Road wey Udom do

1. Construction/Remodeling of Selected Roads, Strategic Roundabouts/Junctions in Eket Metropolis (Phases 1 & II). (1.6km Dualized & 2.2km expanded Carriageway (10m)
2. Dualization of the 19.5km Eket – Ibeno Road
3. Dualization of 23.4km Eket – Etinan Road with 3Nos Bridges
4. Construction of 3.0km Osiok Iko Eket
5. Construction of 2.7km Ikot Abasi Road in Eket Local Government
6. Renovation of Secondary School Blocks/Fence at Ikot Akpan Ishiet
7. Construction of 2.7km Ikot Abasi Road in Eket Local Government
8. IKot Udota – Ikot Afaha Road (2.0km)
9. Nim Nnong Road (1.6km)
10. Ikot Ibiok – Ikot Udota Raod (0.9km)
11. Etebi Ikot Udota - Ikot Abasi
12. Ikot Udota Etebi Road (0.46km
13. Construction of 2.08km Assam Crescent in Ede Urua, Eket Local Government
14. Construction of Proposed 55.1km Ibaka Super Highway with 3No Spurs, Akwa Ibom State under the Alternative Project Funding Approach (APFA)

Abeg see more here... https://www.nairaland.com/4535073/governor-udom-3-years-physical#68054236

Its obvious you have lost touch with realities
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
uyo ikot ekpene road is not completed.

Seriously what's the work of a governor?

We are celebrating a hatchery, class room blocks as achievements, it's well.

I asked before what his human development plans are?

The state with the highest allocation can do better.

Akwa ibomites are hungry and impoverished and need help. Help us tell the governor.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by ocelot2006(m): 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
Gabbysky:
Nice post @OP.
But please, what is the Govt doing to tackle insecurity in the State ?
I hear the armed robbery and kidnapping there now is unprecedented onto a whole new level

I'm afraid you're not totally correct. I think the major issue is the cultism terror at the Etim Ekpo/Ukanafun axis. Uyo itself along with other LGAs are relatively safe. There are a few burglaries in isolated areas of the capital, and also cult wars on a street or two.
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by ocelot2006(m): 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
Governor Udom has done well, but there's so much more to be done, particularly with youth empowerment and job creation. The Governor needs to do much more in attracting the necessary investments into the state. This will create more jobs and also increase the state's IGR. But we as Akwa Ibomites need to sit up. That's why I'm glad about the Dakkada philosophy. For long we've relied on civil service jobs and political appointment. Frankly it's painful when I see able bodied men and women waste their time as they run from one political rally to another kissing the a$$es of political big wigs in the state in exchange for crumbs. But I'm glad we're slowly waking up as more youths now embrace Agriculture and entrepreneurship. Slowly but surely we'll get there as a state. There's still no place as beautiful, serene and sweet as Akwa Ibom smiley smiley
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by saintkeppy(m): 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
gameboyo:

I understand ur point.
I don't stay in the state most times, but I do visit &spend time once in a while, &few times have been around I notice the few streets Gov.Udom has done though there are not much in KM, my issue is the quality of the jobs done, some contractors did a good job, some roads are narrow, the drainage&Ashaltin'are poorly done when there're space for expansion, what I need is wide roads with drainages & high Quality Finishin'.
Few major dual roads he inherited from the previous govt Is yet to be completed &3yrs gone.

He's complainin'of Recession, low Fed.Allocation, he's only Tryin'with Ca$h made available, i'm pretty sure he's also payin' some debt he inherited from previous Govt.

I heard he's doin'Great in Eket Town but i've not gone there to see.

I'm sure Senator Akpabio recommended Don Etim to stay on but maybe Gov.Udom had his own anointed kinsman(Ephriam Inyang) from Onna for that Juicy Ministry of Works.

Don Etim Delivered as Comm.for Works, his performance was Top-Notch, check out Senator Akpabio's Road Projects under his Ministry, High Quality!

Surprisingly, Don Etim wasn't an Engineer by Profession but he gave us Roads we all proud of.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
Newly Constructed Dr. Ann Ward Gynaecology Block, St. Luke’s Hospital, Anua, Uyo
Re: Udom Emmanuel Akwa Ibom In Pictures (NO STORIES) by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 08, 2018
Stop trying to convince people that Udom is performing with Akwa Ibom monies. He is not! The amount of monies that accrue to the state compared to the projects done exposes the high level of corruption and stealing that is going on in that state. No credible Nigerian is impressed with Udom's performance.

The projects are mediocre in nature and they don't have much economic bearings on the state. All these pictures of one building-one machine-one man factories do not equate to industrialization. Udom is just using these projects to steal monies from the state.

Tell Udom to expand each of those operations to 10 times what there are today and then we start talking. It is common sense that much is not achieved when you claim to build a hatchery but farmers in the state still buy day old chicks from Oyo state. You and Udom are a fraud and no amount of pictures will change that.

TonyeBarcanista:
Newly Constructed Dr. Ann Ward Gynaecology Block, St. Luke’s Hospital, Anua, Uyo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Begs Tinubu, Sends Ahmed To Bourdillon / Massive Crowd Troop Out For Palliatives In Lagos Today - Photos / Suntai’s Aides Return From German Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.