Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,106 members, 7,939,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:23 AM

Bad For Federal Workers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bad For Federal Workers (3064 Views)

Nairaland Is Very Bad For Your Internet Marketing And Online Business / The Month Of April Was So Bad For Me Financially / Money Gone Bad For Doyin Motors, Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad For Federal Workers by Ranoscky(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2010
@Acidosis - why are you advertising your ignorance?

grin grin grin . . .Omo u wicked no be small oo.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by Youngichou(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2010
martinosi:

SHUT YOUR IGNORANT MOUTH UP, U SUCH A MUPPET!!! A TOSSER
A DUMB-backside,

U think you are better than those that went to Poly becuase
you have a degree!!! u such a lame a** individual,

i have a 22 year old white boy sitting opposite me who i manage
doing our financial & software systems work and he did not go to
Univerisity, and i know you could not do the work his doing wit your
ignorant self, they guy likes systems and has a talent for it,

LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE AND STOP DE-RAILING THE THREAD!!!
lol! you are funny
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by robin707(m): 10:07am On Jun 01, 2010
I am a University Graduate, however , I do have alot of friends, who are Graduates from Polytechnics, who I admire and respect alot, in my own opinion it does'nt matter the kind of higher institution one attended, it is being able to defend whatever you have. The Federal Govt. should stop victimising our poly colleagues and instead fish out ghost workers,old and redundant staff in the civil service, so as to employ we graduates.May God have mercy.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by bisiaet: 10:10am On Jun 01, 2010
Sack? What for and why?
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by hassymo5(m): 10:13am On Jun 01, 2010
Gamesmart:

There is really nothing wrong in reducing public sector workforce to tighten public purse.

What is worrying is the process of getting rid of people based on qualification type, instead of competency demonstrated on the job so far.

And later, they would wonder why Nigerians are bitter towards their own country.

you have spoken well my brother, competence should have been the main issue and not certificate.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by Ranoscky(m): 10:18am On Jun 01, 2010
Robin 707 "it does'nt matter the kind of higher institution one attended, it is being able to defend whatever you have."

Exactly!!!  ori e pe jare, omo iya mi. wa ri ike, wa tu ri ayo! wink
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by Youngichou(m): 10:20am On Jun 01, 2010
robin707:

I am a University Graduate, however , I do have alot of friends, who are Graduates from Polytechnics, who I admire and respect alot, in my own opinion it does'nt matter the kind of higher institution one attended, it is being able to defend whatever you have. The Federal Govt. should stop victimising our poly colleagues and instead fish out ghost workers,old and redundant staff in the civil service, so as to employ we graduates.May God have mercy.
nice talk thank you
bisiaet:

Sack? What for and why?
lol funny dude am just enjoying my day today on nairaland than that nonsense facebook
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by sizzlers(m): 10:23am On Jun 01, 2010
I have bought a lot of popcorn grin grin to watch the fights so make una no stop grin smiley

Re: Bad For Federal Workers by bisiaet: 10:38am On Jun 01, 2010
The reason I ask why and what for it may sound somehow to some posters but lets be honest if the Fed. Government say this will it not ends up be the innocent who will be fire? Or will it go down to the youths in public work places that will ends up been sack? This is just my fear
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by hassymo5(m): 10:41am On Jun 01, 2010
sizzlers:

I have bought a lot of popcorn  grin grin to watch the fights so make una no stop grin smiley

our politician are cheating us and you are there eating popcorn ko.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by topkin(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2010
Not good news at all. . .  But i wonder why they are still recruiting! 
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by ladiesman(m): 11:05am On Jun 01, 2010
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color].na wah o wit federal govt.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by Jaytee67(m): 11:12am On Jun 01, 2010
snowdrops:

home page says 5,000 workers, poster said 50,000 workers?

moderators am i missing something
I wonder which is which. Altogether, it is a bad news for the affected and by extension the society at large.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by stagger: 11:16am On Jun 01, 2010
A trip to any of the Federal ministries and secretariats will tell you why the government needs to sack a lot of so-called civil servants.

Many of them sit in office idle. Doing nothing! All they do is gossip day in day out. That is on the days they decide to show up for work.

What kind of system will tolerate such nonsense? I only pray the exercise is not turned into a witchunting exercise. Those who are not qualified and who are redunant should be kicked out.

Believe me, 75% of the Federal workforce fall into this category. Like I said, anyone who is against this should go to any of the Federal Ministries or secretariats and see things for themsleves. Then ask yourself how you would feel, if as a business owner, you have such workers in your payroll, .
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by jarkbauer: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2010
POLY PRODUCTS will always want to be elevated to the level of uni graduates.That naturally tells us something-poly products are lower.besides why are all these fake polyproducts with no SON numbers fighting like touts and chicken cursing and attacking my personality.defend your inferior heritage not me.thanks for reminding me PGDE is prerequisite for post graduate training.thank god i dont belong to the less privileged.meanwhile you all settled down for poly after several failed attempts at securing admission at the unifafiti(yorubas call it ifafiti )
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by juanna: 11:44am On Jun 01, 2010
jarkbauer:

POLY PRODUCTS will always want to be elevated to the level of uni graduates.That naturally tells us something-poly products are lower.besides why are all these fake polyproducts with no SON numbers fighting like touts and chicken cursing and attacking my personality.defend your inferior heritage not me.thanks for reminding me PGDE is prerequisite for post graduate training.thank god i dont belong to the less privileged.meanwhile you all settled down for poly after several failed attempts at securing admission at the unifafiti(yorubas call it ifafiti )
@jarkbauer or wat ever u call ur self grow up ok
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by jarkbauer: 11:47am On Jun 01, 2010
im just 19 so what do you expect
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by otokx(m): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2010
Why is the thread being derailed?

Joins the spectators stand to watch the fight.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by seunbballo(m): 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2010
@stagger: A trip to any of the Federal ministries and secretariats will tell you why the government needs to sack a lot of so-called civil servants.

Many of them sit in office idle. Doing nothing! All they do is gossip day in day out. That is on the days they decide to show up for work.

What kind of system will tolerate such nonsense? I only pray the exercise is not turned into a witchunting exercise. Those who are not qualified and who are redunant should be kicked out.

Believe me, 75% of the Federal workforce fall into this category. Like I said, anyone who is against this should go to any of the Federal Ministries or secretariats and see things for themsleves. Then ask yourself how you would feel, if as a business owner, you have such workers in your payroll, .

Check ma previous comment and u'll find the answer to ur question. If you had a family member working in the ministry and been paid 7,500 naira with 3 children in secondary school. Tell me how they will survive. To work in an office where there are no infrastructure, computer nor electricity then you will that the whole govt is a JOKE!!
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by ifkunlethe: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2010
thosinebro:

@Jackbaeur, can't  you construct a simple sentence? You asked two questions and forgot to put question marks? Don't you know that a sentence should begin with a capital letter after every full stop? Which University did you attend? I am sorry for your children if you have one.  

LWKMD. grin grin grin grin

wait a mo, do you notice that "SOME" of these people who call themselves graduates from universities can't even speak/construct a good english? I'm not here to cajole or ridicule anybody but, the truth always hurt.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by Jeboy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2010
Please lets take time to read the News Highlight b4 condemning FG's move.

The people affected are people whose presence and productivity had overstayed their time limit in the Fed. Civil Service(Grade Level 14-17).

If I am able to rise to Level 17 or 14 by attaining age 60 or had served 35 years in the Fed. Service what again I am I looking for.

Its painful that its youth like us that are crying foul whereas these are the people in civil service that are preventing young graduates from being absorbed in the civil service to make good inputs

The ND/HND holders they are talkiing about are people who got their certificates so many years back(b4 the 80s) and failed to advance their career and those whose years in civil service had already passed the certificates they have just acquired.

Please lets look very well before putting down our comments. The fact that a woman is a widow and is overdue should not make her stand in the way of new graduates youth who have better. At the end we all cry that FG is not employing when the rate at which people leave the the sysytem is not commesurate to people entering the system. For a viable reform in any country, toes must be stepped on afterall Govt. is packaging training and other resources they need to help them go on with life
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by sizzlers(m): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2010
hassymo5:

our politician are cheating us and you are there eating popcorn ko.
what do u expect, by the way who tell you that they cheating us! they are not, only making us to be stronger and adaptable to any condition. by the way, i need anoda popcorn
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by GOODYDAVE: 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2010
seunbballo:

Check ma previous comment and u'll find the answer to your question. If you had a family member working in the ministry and been paid 7,500 naira with 3 children in secondary school. Tell me how they will survive. To work in an office where there are no infrastructure, computer nor electricity then you will that the whole govt is a JOKE!!

Anyone who feels he is being paid poorly should get the hell out of that job. It's as simple as Abc. A standard truckpusher or barrow boy in a market does not make up to 7,500 a month, but because they know their survival depends on their working for this money (unlike the lazy civil servants who don't care because they will get salaries at the end of the month for work not done), they work harder than any human being on the planet.

I still maintain my stand. The laziness of civil servants in Nigeria is beyond tolerance. We always have a way to excuse the most despicable of behaviours. The same way we justify the 50 naira police collect from commercial drivers and blame it on poor salaries.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by wazobiang: 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2010
God <-> Satan;
New Born Baby <-> After Birth
Heaven <-> Hell
Sky <-> Sea
New Salary Structure <-> Staff That will lose their job

What did they expect.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by PupetMasta(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2010
Everybody will always fight for his own Alma Mata. I could remember when private universities where coming up, if u tell someone u graduated from a private university, u will be looked down on.

The F.G. is going about this the wrong way. They should have first remove ghost workers and then sack redundant staffs.  Marginalizing HND holders will send a rippling effect to the employers of labor in the country. It will also affect the education sector. Nobody will want to go to a polytechnic and this will put a strain on the Universities.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by seunbballo(m): 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2010
@GOODYDAVE - i WISH U WOULD WORK AS A CIVIL SERVANT FOR 20 YEARS AND THEY GIVE YOU 7,500 NAIRA PER MONTH AND YOU WILL WORK SO HARD LIKE U WORKING IN A BANK. ALSO, IF DEY LEAVE THE JOB BECAUSE ITS PAYING TOO LOW, WHERE WILL DEY GET ANODA JOB FROM WHEN GRADUATES YOUTH SELF NEVER GET JOB, I LAUGH IN CALABA
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by tubabie(f): 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2010
I did not attend a Polytechnic, I was just correcting the wrong information he was passing across on a public forum.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by alldone(m): 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
It should not be based on Hnd/degree but i know that a lot of this civil servant dont work for the pay. some just read papers and are not productive. will you be in the bank without working? no it is almost impossible.

some do not work, others continue to change their age to remain in service. the only thing is that those on the said cadre have enough money.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by lakode(m): 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2010
hmmm , on the job cut it so sad, BUT ON THIS HND & BSC ISSUES GUYS grin, u make me laugh , having a HND or BSC or MSC is not a must in life(the problems is we nigerians always want to be better than each other)and for guys saying HND is a low life education( u naive), the HND in UK is different and its just for 2 yrs in addition there are polytechnics still in western countries(USE GOOGLE tongue), and i studied Geology in Nigeria poly (i was taught by few PHD holders and one ASO professor), and for poly graduate u need to venture more into science related areas and maybe social sciences but it freaks me out when a poly grad wants to work in humanitarian and secretarial stuffs(its for uni grad even banks), and to tell some of u so called UNI grad with high shoulder "i am completing a masters in few months now in Europe and i didnt do no shit PGD(why) simple i sent in all my transcript for OND - HND that makes up all transcript u guys also send as BSC holders(what counts in european system of education is number of years), AND GOING BY YOUR SO CALLED 2.1 UNI GRAD I MET HERE DEM NO KNW SHIT grin(instead they claim is cos i studied geology that makes me better), and poly grad that wants to go into humanitarian and economics u can further in this area get a masters , mba blah blah .In addition am very sure the HND holders they aim to sack are those ones that refuse to further or maybe they are old
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by dipo2much(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2010
jarkbauer:

@Jarkbauer

Without any attempts at insulting you, I think you are a disgrace to university graduates (thats even if you are actually one). And even if you are,then you are not educated at all. Its one thing to go to university,its another to be an educated person.
Re: Bad For Federal Workers by Rmc1(m): 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2010
They want to expand the unemployment market. lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Billionaires And Top 30 Richest People In Nigeria 2013 / Color Separation Machines Available For Sale. Both CTP And CTF / Any Part Time Business I Can Do With My Toyota Sienna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.