Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,705 members, 7,889,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:31 AM

Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? (1274 Views)

Victor Anichebe Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today! / Anichebe Slams Kit Harington, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor For Snubbing Him / Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by OYBMEND: 9:56pm On Jun 01, 2010
It appears somebody lied about Anichebe's fitness for the Worldcup.

The boy had a choice like Victor Moses, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Nedum Onuoha, Cole, to play for England where they will be judged on their abilities or at least not lie about why they are dropped. But he instead chose Nigeria his fatherland.

Now in what appears to be a white lie NFF claims Anichebe was dropped due to injury and this claim has been vehemently rejected by Everton who are so furious about the debacle.

The question is: Do we still have the moral right to try to lure any young Nigerian with dual nationality in future?
Are those who choose to reject Nigeria not right after all?

Can anything be done about this case and can Largerback reverse himself on Anichebe?

What use is Danny Shittu, Yakubu, Kanu Nwankwo in the team?
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by OYBMEND: 3:58am On Jun 02, 2010
Comment by Olumadu - - - - - -Culled from Vanguard comments

Under Lulu we are again, in witness of another bungled plan in lieu of the Mundial. I must confess, I’m NOT surprised, nor perturbed any more; disaster is glaring and awaits at the end of this tunnel!

While others are making painstaking effort in proffering winning solutions, we are again enmeshed another day-by-day wake-up call filled with bad news.

I have been termed obstructionist and schizophrenic when I hit the nail on the root ridden our football management; however, been vindicated by the self revealing slim that exudes from the dirty glass-house

AN OBNOXIOUS CRIMINAL CARTEL HAS HIJACKED THE SOUL OF THIS ABLE BUT INEPT NATION. Greed and outright stupidity is in display by castrated maggots in the pilot seat. LULU, OGUNJOBI, ONIGBINDE; EKEJI and BIO (for sidon look posture); what is next in your play book?

The claim by the British lad that there was a deal between Lagerback and the NFF has been colored by these series actions, culminating in the lies that Anichibe was dropped because of injury. It is clear that he has been stewed in the NFF 419 School of Deception. The club Everton, finally has shined their goring a$$es!

My first incite into this 419 arrangement between Largerback and Lulu was the selection of assistant coaches. The fact that Siasia, who raised most of the current eagles was not allowed anywhere around the team. Amokachi and Eguoavon was forced on him, despite his denial that he is his own man.

Largerback talked BIG and deceived the nation into thinking he was going to form a new team from the ashes of Lulu/Amodu. He went as far as mentioning names in a very philosophical way. However, at the end, it is the comatose failed Nations Cup pedigree that is going to SA, with the exception of Lukman.

As we speak, Ghana is involved in a friendly with the Netherlands, Cameroon against Portugal, this just today. Sun was Ivory Coast against Parague and the meet Japan on Friday. These are world class friendlies with teams that are qualified for the world cup. However, we continue in our placebo ways, playing second rate teams fielding homeless people not qualified to play their first eleven. the irony is that we struggle against these substitute teams.

From the hotel debacle, to postponed and canceled friendlies these shameless maggots are ever-ready with explanations – and we gullible buy into their flimsy excuses.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Jonathan must save us another disgrace by banning these IDIOTS FROM THE FOOTBALL FEDERATION. They have failed, woefully, and deserve not another chance after the world cup. IDIOTS!
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by tosinaded(m): 7:17am On Jun 02, 2010
He can regret if he wants. . .i doubt if any of dem other players wil ever play 4 england!

He has played the olympics and a couple of matches 4 the super eagles?
Wuts there to regret?
Aghonlahor woulda been in d mundial if he didnt choose to play 4 england dat wil neva use him
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by tosinaded(m): 7:18am On Jun 02, 2010
He can regret if he wants. . .i doubt if any of dem other players wil ever play 4 england!

He has played the olympics and a couple of matches 4 the super eagles?
Wuts there to regret?
Aghonlahor woulda been in d mundial if he didnt choose to play 4 england dat wil neva use him
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by hollandis(f): 7:18am On Jun 02, 2010
My friend(poster),If you must pledge allegiance to any team in the world.You game must be at its peak.Why his everybody criticizing the decision of dropping Anichebe? Apart from the injury theory,Anichebe is not much of a team player to me.He is very selfish when upfront.I believe he refused to play to coach's instructions.I saw another part of Obafemi thatI'd never saw before or never taken note of.He wasn't targeting goals himself but making passes to players in better positions.If not for Obafemi's unselfish play.Would Haruna have scored that goal

The duo of Uche and Anichebe are still very young players(If their ages are real) and can still make it to brasil 2014 and hopefully england 2018 wink
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by Embele: 7:47am On Jun 02, 2010
this is a stupid thread. He's an Olympic medalist (something impossible for England) and he is poised to be the best Nigerian striker of the nxt ten years. He's been hurt for TWO YEARS! We haven't seen anything yet. Once he's at full fitness, he will be unstoppable and gives something Yakubu Martins and all can't:hope.
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by Kgdavid(m): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2010
such silly comments as this post make me furious. representing your fatherland is an honour my friend not a right. as far as im concerned it is a matter of national pride. what kind of nonsense is this? so because he chose nigeria instead of England we should be eternally grateful to him and offer him a first team berth automatically? do you think that the England that dropped Walcott and Darren Bent will ever have even glanced at Anichebe?
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by tkb417(m): 8:39am On Jun 02, 2010
the OP has no sense

who woulda looked at him in England

is Agbonlahor going to world cup?

what about the olympic medal?

so what should Apam do? change his nationality to Beninoise?

crap
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by oisehumen(m): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2010
Some Nigerians always make me laugh and think! .
What is so special about Anichebe anyway? This guy is still young for God's sake.
He can still make the next 2 editions of the World Cup if he is fit.

Ask Agbolahor and Cathy Cole how they feel now. They were used as Guinea Pigs; training materials for friendly matches.
I bet, these guys can never make the English squad to any tournament.

Back to your funny question poster; NO regret whatsoever. He was given the chance to prove his ability just like Lukman and the rest 22 players but he failed to deliver.
Better years ahead of him jare!
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by AndreUweh(m): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
But the NFF did not say he was dropped because he did not raise his game. Rather, that he was injured. Nigerians demand honesty from them.
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by medjai(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2010
The pressure Nigerians pile on the NFF is just too much. Thats why NFF had to lie about why Anichebe was dropped. I'm not in support of the NFF playing pranks, if you want to drop a player, come clean about it. Its the coach's job anyways. That being said, I dont see anything Anichebe had done to deserve a place in SA in the first place or even being in the provisional list. He had a great 45 minutes against Saudi but is that enough basis to justify his inclusion? Has he stood up to be counted at club level? Does he even have any glorious past or experience that would have favoured him in the selection process which is the basis people like Yakubu, Kanu and Utaka made the team. Besides, is he better than the others selected?
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by omar22(m): 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2010
What is so special about Anichebe anyway? This guy is still young for God's sake.
He can still make the next 2 editions of the World Cup if he is fit.

Its due to people like you, players like Pappi Kanu and Yakubu could walk into the national team without no problem,  The whole WORLD were saying atleast theirs one Nigerian player (Anichebe) we could say we know his age,   Kanu moves across the field like someone who has wlked across the sahara, Victor would burst his guts for the shirt, no wonder Rahidi Yekini called the current team spineless,
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2010
Think of what Michael Owen as an 18yr old did to the Argentine defence line of Pellegrino Moriccino and Roberto Ayala.

There are times in football when tactics don't work anymore, both teams have cancelled each other out, they are perhaps even exhausted by the shear level of tactical machinations at which the game is played.

Sometimes in times like this in football it takes youthful exhuaberance to break the deadlock, it takes a kid with pace to change your fortunes. The Argentine defence line in this world cup is highly experienced but they are also old and slow. Demichelis, Walter Samuel, Ottamedi, these guys are slow but experienced. When tactics fails against them, you could simply introduce a fresh young boy to run at them.

That is simply where we will miss Anichebe in this world cup.

I wish you guys goodluck though, but I am off this case.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xZYZsNHXRQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by sultan003(m): 8:56am On Jun 04, 2010
If he lyks let him regret. Is he the First person to be drop from going to the worldcup?
If he had choosen England, he won't even smell the training camp.
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by makajibbz(m): 9:06am On Jun 04, 2010
of cos he should regret,if he chose england he's chances would be more cos of their need of a big striker not dem skinny crouch and co.
NFA is a joke,the Nigerian team is also a joke, even odemwingie for stay russia,sumtin for happen for hm life.
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by Kgdavid(m): 10:04am On Jun 04, 2010
u r one sad bloke. i bet you could bleach your skin and do plastic surgery to get a polish passport. Anichebe for which england? go and ask him whether England contacted him on playing for them. the same England that just kicked out Darren Bent(2nd or 3rd highest brittish born EPL goal scorer) and theo Walcott abi? did England tell you that Anichebe is what they ae looking for? in any case even if that was the case, this is the national team. this is not a case of choosing which club to play for that will best help your career. and you are not owed anything except for fair treatment which is the only bone of contention as far as im concerned
Re: Should Anichebe Regret Putting His Fatherland First? by medjai(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2010
If the NFF had or is doing its job, there wouldn't be need to start luring players to play for the Super Eagles given the talents abound in the league.

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho 'rejected World Record Salary' / The Philosophy,the Formation, The Discipline=the Result / 2013 CAF U-17 Championship Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.