Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,544 members, 7,932,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 11:54 AM

She Lied To Him About Her Age. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Lied To Him About Her Age. (1118 Views)

She Lied To Me She' AA ....and I'm Caught Up In Sex / She Lied To Me About Her Virginity.. / She Lied For Been A Virgin For 3 Yrs. Pls Advice Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Lied To Him About Her Age. by lareine(f): 4:11am On Jun 02, 2010
I have this friend who met a guy she thought would not have a thing for her since according to her, he's smoking hot and all the chics were clamouring for him. It turned out he liked he, there was chemistry and before she knew it, they were in love. But she'd lied to him she was 4years younger than she actually is. He's principled and she fears if she tells him the truth he'll freak out and may dump her or might never trust her. My advice is that she should tell him now and face the consequences, if he dumps her for a little white lie, he ain't worth the trouble. What d'you u think?
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by selena(f): 4:25am On Jun 02, 2010
Atleast she should have told him the truth about her real age.If the guy loves her,he would stay.If he doesn't,his loss.She would find a better guy.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by lareine(f): 4:30am On Jun 02, 2010
yeah Selena, but the deed's already done. So what's your advice?
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by tjosh(m): 4:33am On Jun 02, 2010
[red]To me, age hs gt nufin 2 do wif tru Lov! Am datin sum1 far oldr dn i do ATM. Avnt gt any issues abt dt[/red]
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by tjosh(m): 4:39am On Jun 02, 2010
[red]Principled or nt. . Dts nt d case. Lt hr tel him or betr stil, if she is scared abt telin em face 2 face, dn jst a phone cal shld do. Atleast peepz dont bite on phone. . If he truely luvs hr, then he mgt av 2 drop d principle Sh*T![/red]
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by iice(f): 5:01am On Jun 02, 2010
He's principled. . .so i don't see how he's not worth the trouble if he dumps her.  She's not worth the trouble for starting with lies. . .unnecessarily wahala
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by selena(f): 5:23am On Jun 02, 2010
tell him the truth.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by Osama10(m): 5:35am On Jun 02, 2010
Why did she lie in the first place?
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by adamse(f): 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2010
thats more than a white lie.if he dumps her, good for her.what was the point lying at first,when she knew she would later tell him the truth.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2010
@poster
you wrote the following:

if he dumps her for a little white lie, he ain't worth the trouble.

what about if the guy has moral and dont agree with starting a relationship on deceit?!
if the guy has principles and this girl decided to lie in order to fall within his principles then she has only herself to blame when she gets dumped for these same reasons.

the fact that the guy is smoking hot & liked her clouded her judgment!
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2010
is the girl ugly or why did she make a fool of herself just because she saw a "handsome" guy?

the man may not even be that good looking anyway, or even if he is, why was she so desperate as to lie about her age?
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by deniyor: 11:27pm On Jun 02, 2010
iice:

He's principled. . .so i don't see how he's not worth the trouble if he dumps her. She's not worth the trouble for starting with lies. . .unnecessarily wahala

MRbrownJAY:

@poster
you wrote the following:

what about if the guy has moral and dont agree with starting a relationship on deceit?!
if the guy has principles and this girl decided to lie in order to fall within his principles then she has only herself to blame when she gets dumped for these same reasons.

the fact that the guy is smoking hot & liked her clouded her judgment!

Gbam!!!! You guys said it all
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by tjosh(m): 5:23am On Jun 03, 2010
this is getin hot, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr shocked
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by lareine(f): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2010
ok crucify her all you want but which of us haven't been guilty of lying? Let me see your hand up.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2010
selena:

Atleast she should have told him the truth about her real age.If the guy loves her,he would stay.If he doesn't,his loss.She would find a better guy.

how is it his loss?

one would have thought that you women who ae quick to hold on to such stuff will not be the one to gloss over it.

well the problem is not with the lie already told, its with the ones that have not been revealed, and the ones to be told in future.
depends on the guy really, he may be over the moon enough to forego this but remember that there will be times when he will look at the girl and wonder," is this another lie?"
doesnt make for rest of mind when your woman (whom incidentally are such liars) is a known Liar
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by spicyhoney(f): 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2010
Since the deed is already done, she should just tell the truth now or the truth will still reveal itself some how some day in the future.

And if the guy decides to dump her for telling the truth; then she should take it as the price she's got to pay for telling lies.

And let her know she doesn't need to lie about her age before she can find love.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by deniyor: 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2010
lareine:

ok crucify her all you want but which of us haven't been guilty of lying? Let me see your hand up.

Believe it or not, I don't tell lies. Have I told a lie b4? Of course, thousands - I used to be an expert liar grin. But I don't tell lies anymore. To me, it's an act of cowardice. Have I ever told my lady a lie? Nope, and it's been a yr and a half. Lying is a choice and a relationship based on lies will not last. But I won't crucify her for lying. It's totally up to the guy to accept her with her lies or not.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2010
lareine:

most are guilty of lying but we live with the consequences of the trouble that we get into when the lie is discovered. . . . . . . . . so should the poster's friend.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by iice(f): 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2010
lareine:

About something as age in a relationship? Never. You don't start wahala unless you want wahala.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by Kayit(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
What does age gat to do with love? Who knowz if the guy too is lying about his age. Thatz 1:1 no foul.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by lareine(f): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
God bless you kayit. Who knows if he hasn't lied about something too. Abi na because my friend don feel guilty.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kayit:

What does age gat to do with love? Who knowz if the guy too is lying about his age. Thatz 1:1 no foul.
lareine:

God bless you kayit. Who knows if he hasn't lied about something too. Abi na because my friend don feel guilty.

it has nothing to do with the AGE, it has all to do with the DECEIT.
she could have lied about her name, religion or even her address (for all we care), the fact that she lied is what is important here.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by lareine(f): 3:13am On Jun 11, 2010
DECEIT is too strong a word for describing an act of lying about your age.
Re: She Lied To Him About Her Age. by spicyhoney(f): 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
lareine:

DECEIT is too strong a word for describing an act of lying about your age.
My dear, DECEIT is actually the right word for lying about ur age. There are some things that we dnt need to lie about especially in relationships, it becomes deceitful when u tell such lies, like in this scenario.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Dump You For Your Best Friend / Care And Protection / My Xperience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.