Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,120 members, 7,970,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 08:56 AM

Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child (1230 Views)

Do Live-In Relatives Ruin The Spark In A Marriage? / Do Live-in Relatives Ruin The Spark In A Marriage? / Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by suggyspic: 8:09pm On Jun 02, 2010
Hi all. am sending this post cos its really needs an argent reply. A friend of mine got married Nov 2008. Three months after had a fatal accident with his wife in 2009. Thou my friend came out ok but the wife since then had a broken limp. Not minding the disability she got pregnant

Her pregnancy lasted for about 10 months. Series of prayers was said for her before she delivered. In the prayer session the pastor said that her father inlaw is the course of her misfortune. she asked her husband not to tell his worried parents she has delivered that if he does she would know he does not love her. its 3 days now and my friend has not told his parent and he is so worried. do you support his wifes idea. what do u advice considering the problems this might cause if the parent hears it from someone else.
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by Sissy3(f): 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2010
all this "pastors" and their third eyes sef undecided

so how long does she plan to keep it a secret to the husbands parents?

if the father in law was the "devil doer" she think he wouldn't mysteriously find out she has delivered?

IMO, she is setting up a family problem that may take long before its repaired cause her inlaws wouldnt find it funny that she hide their grandchild away from them all in the name of an unproven thing the "pastor" said.

was she having issues before with the fatherinlaw before?
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by eddy1977(m): 7:24am On Jun 03, 2010
those kinds of prophecies only happen in africa. most of our pastors mix our african traditions with theology.if your friend really believes that his dad is behind his wife's misfortunes ( which is an insult),then he should ask the pastor to deliver the father of these diabolical forces.

a ten month old pregnancy can be explained  scientificaly.in fact most first time mother deliver their babies on the 41st week of pregnancy.

car accident and disabilities are just instances of life.

tell you buddy to cool off and avoid the so-called PASTOR
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by 28Schweet(f): 9:02am On Jun 03, 2010
eddy1977:

those kinds of prophecies only happen in africa. most of our pastors mix our african traditions with theology.if your friend really believes that his dad is behind his wife's misfortunes ( which is an insult),then he should ask the pastor to deliver the father of these diabolical forces.

a ten month old pregnancy can be explained scientificaly.in fact most first time mother deliver their babies on the 41st week of pregnancy.
car accident and disabilities are just instances of life.

tell you buddy to cool off and avoid the so-called PASTOR
grin thank you for the voice of reason, a pregnancy is actually ten months,legally where I'm at, you're allowed to carry until 42 weeks if the baby doesn't want to make it's appearance, medical intervention would only be sought after 42 weeks, SMH @ ur friend denying his mother and father their grand child, what kind of Christians are they; that they won't believe God will see them through even if THEIR FATHER harbours ill will for them undecided
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 03, 2010
What is the name of their church? I hope it's not one of these spiritual churches? My friend, don't allow pastor to ruin you friend's home and marriage.
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by invisible2(m): 11:16am On Jun 03, 2010
Pastor my foot! These people have so much overbearing interest in other peoples lives that some cannot breathe if the pastor says so. If the parent caused the accident, prolonged the pregnancy, then it will be easy for him to kill the child same way, inform him or not.
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by Jummy4real(f): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2010
First time mothers deliver their babies at 10 mths or on the 41st week. So no cause for alarm; it's normal.
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by DrTee1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2010
@Poster: Be careful! Most nairalanders are easy-go-freely people with little regard for God or spirituality. So don't be deceived to think that the preponderance of opinion is that you should jettison's the Pastor's advice. Be careful indeed.

Tell your friend to go back to the pastor and seek an amicable way of sorting the family rift that is in the offing. I'm sure the God he serves - that's if the Pastor is genuine - would show a way out. However, don't mislead your friend by the many people who are quoting medical facts without being doctors.

Hmm!Where were they when your friend went through the harrowing period before giving birth? Where were they all when you went seeking the pastor in the first place? A word, they say, is enough for the wise. It is not impossible that one's father or mother may be concocting against one. Our soceity abounds with all of such.
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by Outstrip(f): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2010
Does the man believe that his father is also responsible? I am pretty sure that his wife is under a lot of stress so this has to be dealt with carefully because his parents will never forgive him if they find out that the wife delivered and they were not notified.
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by luap: 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2010
sounds like a pastor of Vodoo. Go and consult your ouija board, and the Stars, maybe some tarrot cards also.
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2010
The pastor must re-consult God once more.
Before I got married, I had 4 different pastors tell my Wife-2-be that we were not meant to be and that I was a womaniser who cannot be tamed (WTF!! angry) they got the womaniser part, but 7 years after and 2 kids later, we are still together and not one spot of womanising,

In the mean time one of the pastor calls my wife telling her he is in love and another offers his cousin as the suitable husband in place of me grin

Trust pastors as far as your taste in road-side food
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by Outstrip(f): 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2010
lol
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by jokingmary(m): 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
which church is that?
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by lallafati(f): 11:52pm On Jun 09, 2010
God doesnt need to go thru a middleman to reveal His will. She should do what she is supposed to do as a daughter-in-law and just keep praying if she has doubts or suspicions of bad intentions. She will ruin her family life just like that. God's will is also always wise and this situation is def not putting her in a good light.
Re: Would You Allow Your Pastor To Ruin The Joy Of Your First Child by laprince(m): 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2010
If your friends family does not pray well, they may end up breaking.
it seems that all they do is just listen to pastors say something about them; whic h is always negative.

let her go and pray with her family.

If the father-in-law were really devious, he would be aware that she has given birth.

the father-in law would be even more devious and have a good reason to strike if they deny him of
his grandchild.

some people always want to hear from pastors, so pastors will always have to say something, so that nobody will say God does not talk to this one.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Ur Contribution Wil Be Appreciated / My Friend's Hubby Abuses Her / Signs To Know A Marriage Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.