Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,697 members, 7,938,122 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

Efcc Should Stay! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Should Stay! (1990 Views)

Gani Adams Collected N10.6b From Jonathan; EFCC Should Probe Him - OPC Leaders / Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable / James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Afam(m): 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2007
McKren:

@BigB1

I thought you will be nice enough to tell me one innocent person in EFCC net.
I restate my case, I simply don't know why a law abbiding Nigerian will want Ribadu gone.

I am with you McKren on this one, only people with skeletons in their cupboards will be complaining bitterly about EFCC.

Even though I have written a full page article condemning the EFCC sometime in 2003/2004 I still support their so called selective fight against corruption because if reducing the number of corrupt officials from say 100 to 40 or even 50 is not a good thing for Nigeria then I wonder what is.

And as long as innocent people have not been arrested nor convicted there is no need to oppose something that is trying to rid our nation of corruption.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Bolarge(m): 3:42pm On Mar 28, 2007
Abi O! Only the thieving powers that be and their relations are jittery about EFCC and Mr Ribadu. I'm sure Ribadu is intelligent enough to know he's stepping on hitherto sacred toes so shldn't expect thunderous ovation from the entire populace especially when the voice of the common man is the unheard.
BigB1 pls answer the question how many innocent people that u know of are in EFCC net?

Even if what obtains now is selective justice it simply implies we've progressed from the crass abysmal total injustice that was hitherto our lot. We're definitely on the right track.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2007
For the 255555th time, no one is asking for the EFCC to be dissolved; we are only presenting a recommendation to have their protocol and operation style restructured, so that Nigeria as a nation can fully benefit from the implementation of this organization. (I hope this is the last time I will be making this statement). Sometimes people make me feel as if I'm speaking French!

I thought you will be nice enough to tell me one innocent person in EFCC net.
I restate my case, I simply don't know why a law abiding Nigerian will want Ribadu gone.

Your question is the same as show me a clean politician in Nigeria, therefore I do not have an answer for you; but regardless of what may be going on in Nigeria, we should all still embrace doing what is right the right way; not doing what is right the wrong way.
Believe me, this is the only way our country will be listed among the fully developed nations.
I'm sick and tired of African way of doing things (rushing and short cuts), which is the same thing as doing things without basic common sense.

Do you get it, AFAM?

I hope so!
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Afam(m): 8:45am On Mar 29, 2007
Big B1:

Do you get it, AFAM?

I hope so!

Get what? One moment you are talking about not having any need for EFCC as ICPC could do the job and the next minute you are saying the opposite.

Honestly, I do not know where you stand on this issue.

Again, since it is easy for you to note where EFCC is doing the right thing in the wrong way it wold be easier for you to know at least one innocent person that has been arrested or indicted by the EFCC.

The excuse that "I am a thief but Mr A is also a thief and you have not arrested him" is nonsense.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by 9ja4eva: 8:56am On Mar 29, 2007
I get so scared cos of the New Ribadu.Who knows anyway.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2007
Posted by Afam:
Get what? One moment you are talking about not having any need for EFCC as ICPC could do the job and the next minute you are saying the opposite.

My man, even the topic says "EFCC should stay". What are you talking about?

OK, I will make this easy for everybody.

EFCC as a vital Federal Government organization should be restructured or should be left as it is?

Could you please present your suggestion?
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Afam(m): 6:09pm On Mar 29, 2007
@BigB1,

Na wah for you oo.

Ok, are you saying that the EFCC should stay or no?

I need to understand your position as the puzzle you are giving my big head is really causing my headache.

As for me, EFCC should stay and if possible ICPC should go since it has not achieved any meaningful thing since its creation.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2007
You see, the problem here is, instead of people in general (including you) to forget the hate for Big B1 and focus more on the topic; no, they choose to neglet the subject and focus on attacking Big B1, bringing brother down, regardless of whether his recommendation is bright or not.

And that is totally wrong and sad.

And that is also why you're having headache. Read the topic, pay attention to my points and you will quickly discover that my recommendation signifies long term resolution that will be beneficial to all forever.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Afam(m): 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2007
My friend, there is absolutely no reason why I should hate you.

Which is better, to provide a simple and straight forward answer to the question or to write all you wrote in your post without answering the question?

Do you believe that the EFCC should stay or no?
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2007
As long as the organization is restructured, absolutely yes.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 6:38pm On Mar 29, 2007
Afam:

For more information, I think you should take your time and read the intro of this topic.

The point is crystal clear.

I don't beat around the bush, I come on head on.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Afam(m): 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2007
Big B1:

Ehen, na now you come.

Your position is a good one and I agree with you even though I will still support the EFCC as it is currently structured now rather than see it go altogether as the selective fight against corruption is better than no fight at all.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Crownvilla(m): 2:50am On Mar 31, 2007
Quote by McKren: I thought you will be nice enough to tell me one innocent person in EFCC net.
I restate my case, I simply don't know why a law abbiding Nigerian will want Ribadu gone.

Well said Bro, only the guilty are afraid!!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by 9ja4eva: 5:01am On Apr 01, 2007
Big B1:

I tink dt wld walk anyway cos EFCC was performing well b4 bt changed all of a sudden.Lets c wat happens anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Position On Zoning Is Right –tafida ! / Jonathan Opens The Importation Gate For Igbos: Politics? / Ebonyi State Enters Mining Lease Agreement With Expatriate Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.