Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,782 members, 7,909,005 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:50 PM

Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! (7090 Views)

Poll: Do U welcome the new celtel tariffs as improvement?

Yep: 43% (13 votes)
Nope: 36% (11 votes)
not sure: 20% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Spectranet Increases Tariffs / Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 / MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by kollyp2000(m): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2007
Kudos to Caballo

I just migrated to special, but the message keeps entering and entering, How can i stop it, I am getting fed up
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by jaguda(m): 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2007
how do i migrate to these packages?
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by ckc(m): 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2007
Celtel introduces “Unity Tariffs” – the First Ever Flat Tariffs in Nigeria
Celtel’s “Unity Tariffs” are the first FLAT tariffs to be launched in Nigeria. With our new plans, subscribers can call to all networks (on-net and off-net) for the same affordable price per second.

The new attractive tariffs come in three convenient plans: Simply Special, Simply Smooth and Simply Smart. All come with different characteristics and are tailored for the various needs of the Nigerian people. By providing the same rate, regardless of what network you belong to, the “Unity Tariffs” unite all subscribers regardless of their network, while providing affordability, simplicity and transparency.

Follow the links below to view further information.

Celtel Simply Special
Simply Smooth
Simply Smart
Information on International calls
Additional Benefits
How to migrate
Celtel Simply Special
For all Nigerians looking for a simple tariff plan with affordable prices and maximum benefits.

Tariff highlights On peak Off peak
Celtel to Celtel N0.66/sec N0.39/sec
Celtel to other N0.66/sec N0.39/sec
SMS (local) N9 N9
SMS (international) N15 N15

Plan includes

Friends and Family
Midnight Happy Hours
15 Free SMS per month
Simply Smooth
For business people and high volume users looking for affordable prices while removing complexity and price discrimination for calls between networks.

Monthly: N400

Celtel to Celtel N0.59/sec N0.33/sec
Celtel to other N0.59/sec N0.33/sec
SMS (local) N9 N9

Plan includes

Friends and Family
Midnight Happy Hours
15 Free SMS per month
Simply Smart
For business people, very high volume users or SME owners looking to increase convenience and take control of their phone costs.

Monthly fee 3,600
Includes 100 free minutes and 30 free SMS

Celtel to Celtel N0.61/sec N0.33/sec
Celtel to other N0.61/sec N0.33/sec
SMS (local) N9 N9

Plan includes

Friends and Family
Midnight Happy Hours
30 Free SMS per month
Additional Benefits with the Unity Tariff Plans
Voucher Validity Available via

Midnight Happy Hours Call for 10k/sec between 00.30-04.30
Friends and Family Select 5 friends or family members and make calls for as low as 21k/sec to them
Free On-net SMS per month 15 (Simply Special and Simply Smooth), 30 (Simply Smart)
Recharge bonus 10% upon recharge
“Call me back” 300 per month
“Credit me” 300 per month

New international Tariffs
The “Unity Tariffs” from Celtel reduce international calling rates to the most popular international destinations by up to 45%. Also, additional discounts enable subscribers to enjoy the benefits of Celtel’s pan-African presence and get great rates to popular countries in regional Africa.

Countries Zone Tariff (N/sec)

UK, USA, South Africa, Netherlands, UAE, Ireland, Germany , Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Spain, Canada 1 0.55
Ghana, Niger, Benin, Italy, Togo, India, Cameroon, China, Chad, Phillipines 2 0.65
All other 3 1

How to migrate
This is how you migrate to the new Celtel “Unity Tariff” plans:

Send an SMS and receive your activation code
- For Simply Special, text “YES” to 701
- For Simply Smooth, text “YES” to 702
- For Simply Smart, text “YES” to 703
You will receive a PIN to your phone within 48 hrs
Migrate by sending *126*PIN# and hitting SEND
- You will be migrated and receive an SMS when done
- Send only 1 SMS as you will be charged for each SMS if you send more than 1
Congratulations! You just Simply Made Your Life Better
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by ckc(m): 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2007
Celtel introduces “Unity Tariffs” – the First Ever Flat Tariffs in Nigeria
Celtel’s “Unity Tariffs” are the first FLAT tariffs to be launched in Nigeria. With our new plans, subscribers can call to all networks (on-net and off-net) for the same affordable price per second.

The new attractive tariffs come in three convenient plans: Simply Special, Simply Smooth and Simply Smart. All come with different characteristics and are tailored for the various needs of the Nigerian people. By providing the same rate, regardless of what network you belong to, the “Unity Tariffs” unite all subscribers regardless of their network, while providing affordability, simplicity and transparency.

Follow the links below to view further information.

Celtel Simply Special
Simply Smooth
Simply Smart
Information on International calls
Additional Benefits
How to migrate
Celtel Simply Special
For all Nigerians looking for a simple tariff plan with affordable prices and maximum benefits.

Celtel to Celtel N0.66/sec N0.39/sec
Celtel to other  N0.66/sec  N0.39/sec
SMS (local) N9 N9

Plan includes

Friends and Family
Midnight Happy Hours
15 Free SMS per month
Simply Smooth
For business people and high volume users looking for affordable prices while removing complexity and price discrimination for calls between networks.

Monthly: N400

Celtel to Celtel N0.59/sec N0.33/sec
Celtel to other  N0.59/sec  N0.33/sec
SMS (local) N9 N9

Plan includes

Friends and Family
Midnight Happy Hours
15 Free SMS per month
Simply Smart
For business people, very high volume users or SME owners looking to increase convenience and take control of their phone costs.

Monthly fee 3,600
Includes 100 free minutes and 30 free SMS

Celtel to Celtel N0.61/sec N0.33/sec
Celtel to other  N0.61/sec  N0.33/sec
SMS (local) N9 N9

Plan includes

Friends and Family
Midnight Happy Hours
30 Free SMS per month
Additional Benefits with the Unity Tariff Plans
Voucher Validity Available via

Midnight Happy Hours Call for 10k/sec between 00.30-04.30
Friends and Family Select 5 friends or family members and make calls for as low as 21k/sec to them
Free On-net SMS per month 15 (Simply Special and Simply Smooth), 30 (Simply Smart)
Recharge bonus 10% upon recharge
“Call me back” 300 per month
“Credit me” 300 per month

New international Tariffs
The “Unity Tariffs” from Celtel reduce international calling rates to the most popular international destinations by up to 45%. Also, additional discounts enable subscribers to enjoy the benefits of Celtel’s pan-African presence and get great rates to popular countries in regional Africa.

Countries Zone Tariff (N/sec)

UK, USA, South Africa, Netherlands, UAE, Ireland, Germany , Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Spain, Canada 1 0.55
Ghana, Niger, Benin, Italy, Togo, India, Cameroon, China, Chad, Phillipines 2 0.65
All other 3 1

How to migrate
This is how you migrate to the new Celtel “Unity Tariff” plans:

Send an SMS and receive your activation code
- For Simply Special, text “YES” to 701
- For Simply Smooth, text “YES” to 702
- For Simply Smart, text “YES” to 703
You will receive a PIN to your phone within 48 hrs
Migrate by sending *126*PIN# and hitting SEND
- You will be migrated and receive an SMS when done
- Send only 1 SMS as you will be charged for each SMS if you send more than 1
Congratulations! You just Simply Made Your Life Better
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2007
The N100 is not a bid to extort - completely not!!!

I think it is to reduce mis-use of the migration process; if it is free, there will be multiple migration which may put some tension on the network and cause a possible congestion which is the famous network demon!! grin

Who knows, it may be ruled out when there has been a steady flow as regards migration. I think i would prefer to pay N100 and call for as low as 33k per sec to all networks constantly

I guess the GPRS is still being worked on cool
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2007
kollyp2000:

Kudos to Caballo

I just migrated to special, but the message keeps entering and entering, How can i stop it, I am getting fed up

I think they can handle it at the 111 call centre stations cool

@ jaguda; read through the thread, am sure u will see what u need!! wink
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Douzy(m): 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2007
Is the Celtel Midnight Happy Hours only On-net (Celtel to Celtel)?
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2007
Of course it is!! would u want to give out freebies and loose money at the same time to other competitors? I dont think so!!

Is there any network doing night calls to other networks?? That would be an acid venture grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by olta(m): 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2007
i think basically Nigerians love to eat thoer cake and have it, UNITY rates do not mean all the packages would be 33k it just means no more discrimination between networks.
Really 66k and 39k/s are not that bad.
It is a welcome development and should be celebrated, Now we have real competition befor transcorp wakes up and Mubadala roll out services,
Guess wat we are the one going to enjoy on the long run, 3 gbosas for celtel.
GBOSA GBOSA GBOSA
bet MTN and Glo by force willl be pissing in their pants.
Even international calls and free sms are in tooo
and all MTN is giving is free MMS, NONSENSE
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by syskay(m): 10:04pm On Mar 23, 2007
Does their off-peak period still start at 10pm? If so, this price hype is absolute nonsense. It means you pay 66kobo/sec to call celtel lines for most of the day.

The hundred naira migration charge, in my own opinion is a rip-off. MTN and GLO succeeded in migrating all their customers for free, so what's celtel's excuse.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Vongauche(m): 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2007
GBOSA GBOSA GBOSA to Celtel!
GBOSA to Cabali!

However, I'm confused with the international tariffs. Let's say i have migrated to the Simply Special tariff. How much would I pay to call Ghana, say a landline? Is it 65 kobo per second or 55 kobo per second? The information on the Unity Tariff homepage suggests 65 kobo per second http://www.ng.celtel.com/en/personal-plans/unity/index.html#international yet their "Special Offer-International plan promo"(March 19th-31st) says it'll be 55 kobo per second http://www.ng.celtel.com/en/get-connected/special-offers/int-calls-promo/index.html http://www.ng.celtel.com/en/get-connected/special-offers/int-calls-promo/index.html.

Does this mean from now till the 31st it'll cost 55 kobo and 65 kobo thereafter? After the 31st would Ghana (and other similar countries as listed on the Unity page) revert to being in international zone 2? Please clear the air.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by eunisam: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2007
Please i don't understand the arithmatics in the post above. just tell me how much is a minut call? is it up to #10 if no why above 10 naira? we need to be making a minute call 5 to 10 naira.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by texazzpete(m): 8:12am On Mar 24, 2007
@eunisam
If you can't perform this simple mathematics, i dunno what to say to ya!

@olta
Since when did free MMS become nonsense, especially when you could actually send a message (like SMS) through MMS. Just because you don't use this feature doesn't mean it isn't useful to others.

@cabali
Celtel seems to be improving, at least i'm less worried about their future plans. However, i do think we'll all get burnt by the 3G pricing. They've got to make their cash back from the huge investment!
Any idea about the roll out? I'm glad all 3 companies won the license, so we can actually see some competition in this arena. I'll switch to the company offering the cheapest HSDPA 3G! Hope it's Celtel sha.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by fashfisher(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2007
celtel's still the best they've been reasonable all the way
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by bolaoni(m): 9:46am On Mar 24, 2007
Cabali,

But you once told me you are not an insider in Celtel. This one has shown otherwise. cool

Thanks for this info sha, I was about throwing my Celtel line away. I just
got fed up with their yeye pricing. cool

If off-peak starts at 10pm, what attraction does that hold please? Do I have to wait
till 10pm to make cheap calls?

I don't like that one o wink
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 10:05am On Mar 24, 2007
@ vong the international rates as I understand it is 55K to frequently dialed contries like Ghana, benin, south africa, USA, the ones in Europe. these are all 55k per sec (the cheapest around) grin It will continue that way according to their site even after the 31st. cool

@ bolaoni, am not an insider o! i have financials that depend on their success; I SELL RECHARGE CARDS!! cool

grin grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by texazzpete(m): 10:08am On Mar 24, 2007
dunno why these prepaid guys aren't excited at the 10K per KB GPRS pricing. It's far cheaper than the other networks.

Y'all are spoilt on free browsing if you ask me! grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 10:39am On Mar 24, 2007
Trust me Texazz, we know!!!
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by sw: 10:48am On Mar 24, 2007
MTN IS STILL THE BEST shocked
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by celemel(m): 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2007
Please whats the code for adding numbers to the Celtel Friends and Family list? And please, who knows the rate applicable in the F&F?
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by ckc(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2007
you pple speak as if u dont know what is off-peak.off-peak is not only from 10pm.off-peaks includes the whole,as in whole,of saturday and sunday.so wht r u talking abt off-peak being from 10pm and not being good enof?Nigerians can never be pleased.Who said MTN is still d best? Still d best on whta grounds?Dont just rush into d room and say MTN is still the best.U tell us why they r d best and charge 70k to other networks while celtel has made it possible 4 u to call other networks at 39k.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by celemel(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2007
The mathematics is simple: Use Celtel throughout the weekend! Use Celtel and MTN weekdays to call the respective networks. That way, you keep your bills down. Split th money u spend on airtime evenly between d 2 networks. Above all, keep 3 family n friends in MTN, and 5 in Celtel. If they think they are smart, lets show them we are smarter!

Corny man die, corny man bury am. grin grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Seun(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2007
You have every right to take advantage of whatever discount is made available to you by the networks. That is not just cunning, it's wise. What would be wrong would be hacking their system to get free browsing or calls.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2007
Seun:

You have every right to take advantage of whatever discount is made available to you by the networks. That is not just cunning, it's wise. What would be wrong would be hacking their system to get free browsing or calls.

I'm amazed at such intelligent post!!

Rightly put, seun wink cool
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2007
The Family and friends; I think it is 0.21k off peak and 25k peak; not so sure
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by pati(f): 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2007
Wow! how nice i might just change to celtel
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2007
Well, I guess u might, pati cool
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by bunmeee(f): 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2007
2 good to be true, i just bought a celtel line for just 1oo naira, can anybody beat dat angry lipsrsealed
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 7:53pm On Mar 24, 2007
Some guy bought for N80 grin cant beat that can u!!
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by otokx(m): 6:01am On Mar 25, 2007
This is a price war that will put celtel 6 feet under. To start with their services are still not reliable in the University of Port Harcourt where I stay. I tried migrating to their most basic of the new plan and up till now even after deducting the N100 am not migrated; can u beat that? There is no family & friends on celtel so I don't know wetin that guy the yarn? Lets speak on the facts and they are plenty. Celtel gprs does not exists in the whole of Port Harcourt even inside their office in GRA so what is all this misyarn about 3G.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 7:11am On Mar 25, 2007
I am sure u did not load the Pins in right!! Others have been migrating If u feel it is the worst thing to happen in telecoms as u tend to imply, u are welcome to remain with MTN, GLO or even MTEL grin

Why did u even try migrating when the services at UNIPORT are not reliable??

I advise u remain with the network u think is the best the option. U know the options are wider now grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 7:24am On Mar 25, 2007
Did u not hear the gprs is suspended? why are u looking for the signals at their office for?

Besides if i remember correctly gprs is advertised in lagos only abi? I wonder why u search for signalls in GRA port harcourt grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All / Some Loan Apps In Nigeria Are Owned By.................. (read!!!!!!) / A Snitch Reveal MTN Loopholes On Twitter

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.