Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,775 members, 7,908,997 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:37 PM

Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! (7088 Views)

Poll: Do U welcome the new celtel tariffs as improvement?

Yep: 43% (13 votes)
Nope: 36% (11 votes)
not sure: 20% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Spectranet Increases Tariffs / Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 / MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by agnesoseka: 10:15am On Mar 26, 2007
nice one.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Muyiron(m): 10:22am On Mar 26, 2007
@cabali, kindly tell us how to register family and friends on celtel
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by drogba(m): 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2007
the networks that will be most affected by this Celtel new tariff is glo. As for me, it makes a lot of sense to use MTN for calling only MTN contacts during weekdays and Celtel for off peak and weekends to all networks. the bottom line translates to more profit for Celtel. i sincerely hope they are prepared with enough capacity for the overload that will soon hit them.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2007
@ all; the F&F has not been launched yet, as I hear!! I guess it will be soon sha; y'all will be the first to know anyway
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2007
@muyiron to activate family and friends do the following:

To Add

Dial *140*2*MSISDN#

by courtesy of 111
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2007
U can add 5 family and friends numbers

4got to add that!!!! grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by bolaoni(m): 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2007
@cabali,

is it only celtel recharge card you sell? grin You ALWAYS have information about celtel man.

Na wah for you o.

Abeg which one be MSISDN jare. I be lay man wink
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 9:07pm On Mar 28, 2007
sorry man grin

msisdn means the phone number(laymanly) grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by ronnieslimz(f): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2007
oga oo. . well sha its all good
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by bimbor(m): 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2007
Its been 3 days now since i sent the activation request 4 〝simply special〞 and i'm yet to be migrated,and they've deducted their N100.whats happening?
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by nazzyon(m): 6:42am On Mar 30, 2007
Call the customer service centre. They are there to help
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by wormedup(m): 8:20am On Mar 30, 2007
i migrated yesterday; it took just 10secs to receive my migration pin smiley

i wan call die ! celtel is now making life better truly cool
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by toksdara(m): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2007
CELTELS UNITY TARIFF IS DECEPTIVE!

With the new simply smooth, simply smart and simply special, it's all rubbish. Why 100 Naira for migration when it was free for the initial migration of Glo and MTN. I stand to be corrected!

Calls to other within the network ought to be cheaper than to other networks or operators. That's the way it is done all over the world. You can check websites of Vodafone, T-Mobile, Orascom, O2 and Orange

This is because, all calls within the network is at NO COST AT ALL to the network since it is within. It's calls to other networks that is a COST to them. This is because of the INTERCONNECT RATES attached when a network terminates on another network.

Hence, if network operators don't charge at all for INTRA NETWORK CALLS, it's at no cost to them. That explains why Glo and MTN where able to give free MIDNIGHT ON-NET calls because it was it didn't have INTERCONNECT RATES attached to that. That also explains easier ON-NET text messages (e.g. Glo2glo and so on).

So overall, CELTEL's call rates are higher than those of other networks when it look at it statistically. Check the call rates of Celtel, Glo and MTN on each of their websites compair them with an analytical, statistical and mathematical mind to see Celtel is the most expensive! Besides, for now, CELTEL has the smallest suscriber group of the 3 of about 7 million people with GLO and MTN having over 12 million and 14 million people respectively!

Is it true that the minimum transaction which one can make with Celtel's Me2u is 1000 Naira? Glo started it all with 'Glo Me2u'. Later, MTN changed d name to 'MTN Sell and Share'. Celtel simply came out with Celtel's Me2u.

Please respond or educate me! Remember, I stand to be corrected! Thanks!
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2007
@toksdara All I can say is they gat the cheapest tariffs!!

It wont be long before u start calling MTN & GLO customer care that they should follow suit!!

It is easy!! if U prefer glo and MTN's higher tariffs for some reason or the other by all means, stick to it!! It is just good news for celtel subscribers that have deserved this for some time now.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by bolaoni(m): 11:47am On Mar 31, 2007
Cabali,

Abeg make you tell your celtel people o angry

There has been some crazy deduction on my line for a while.

Imagine calling for about three minutes and having to get about
#180 deducted angry I thought U said off peak includes weekend
calls? I tested that this morning and lo and behold, they didn't even
deduct 0.66 they deducted 0.88 from my account. angry

I tired calling customer care and they have always being BUSY

Think I may have to dump your prefered network if this inconsistency
continues.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by nazzyon(m): 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2007
Every calls I made were chargedaccurately as it was stated. I made international calls and nothing changed from what they stated and lots of people are not complaining. Why is yours different, I don't know. You still have to call the Call Centre, Okay?

Ciao
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by bimbor(m): 10:31pm On Mar 31, 2007
Is the family n friends on-net or off-net?
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2007
It's on-net only!!!!
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by drogba(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2007
This unity tariff only makes much sense if you have less Celtel contacts and make more calls off-peak.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2007
There's a point but the F&F tariff is unbelievable though!!
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by drogba(m): 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2007
How much is F&F?
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by wormedup(m): 12:12pm On Apr 03, 2007
@toksdara,
the last time i checked, mtn 2 other network calls were 70k/sec.
mtn 2 other network sms = N15
peak and off peak !
so what r u on about ?

if on-net calls are so free, why r u paying 50k at peak period and hardly able to make use of the so called free midnight calls ?
have u bothered to check celtel's midnight call connections ?

drogba,
F&F is 21k/25k for off-peak/peak periods respectively.

Bolaoni,
probably, u'v not been migrated.
the billing if perfect here on my end cool
find out from customer care center.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by cabali(m): 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2007
Need I say more?!!!! grin
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by bolaoni(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2007
But I was told I have been migrated now.  embarassed

Now that I check my account balance today, I am seeing for the
first time, you are on simply special.

Have I just being migrated today? After sending the pin or whatever
over a week ago 

Na wa o.

Still going to get another line sha. If person never taste two wives, he
won't know which one dey better  grin  grin  grin

BTW, I tried activating the FnF using my fiancee as the first person and to
my surprise, Please Call Me was sent to her. She had to call to know if I
am okay shocked
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by Douzy(m): 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2007
bolaoni:

BTW, I tried activating the FnF using my fiancee as the first person and to
my surprise, Please Call Me was sent to her. She had to call to know if I
am okay shocked
A similar thing happened when my cousin wanted to add my number.
I'm yet to confirm if it was later successful.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by drogba(m): 10:58pm On Apr 03, 2007
i sincerely hope NCC will penalize these corporate robbers for charging their loyal subs 100 bucks for switching. i'll personally write a letter to NCC on this issue.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by wormedup(m): 10:06am On Apr 05, 2007
i haven't tried the F&F yet, but i suggest u guys get in touch with customer care to confirm the code.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by kollyp2000(m): 11:12am On Apr 05, 2007
WHAT I THOUGHT IS CHEAP IS NOT SO CHEAP AFTERALL, MTN IS STILL THE BEST CONNECTION IN TERMS OF LOW TARIFFS, DEAR FELLOW CELTEL USERS, IT IS HIGH TIME WE THREW THIS USELESS NETWORK AWAY, THEY ARE EXPLOITING US. cry
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by wormedup(m): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2007
kollyp2000:

WHAT I THOUGHT IS CHEAP IS NOT SO CHEAP AFTERALL, MTN IS STILL THE BEST CONNECTION IN TERMS OF LOW TARIFFS, DEAR FELLOW CELTEL USERS, IT IS HIGH TIME WE THREW THIS USELESS NETWORK AWAY, THEY ARE EXPLOITING US. cry

prove please.
show us some figures and stop spitting dust !
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by ckc(m): 7:00pm On Apr 06, 2007
@kollyp2000 _u can throw away ur own celtel sim.Mine is precious to me.If u love mtn so much then stick to them and close ur mouth if u hv nothing better to say.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by nazzyon(m): 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2007
What other network subscribers did not understand is that the strategies Celtel is using in selling its market is way better than theirs. MTN free calls are only to MTN's, the same apply to Globacom and yet they did not admit that live they complain about Network problems. During the day they always complain about either network been busy or not been able to get to their contacts.

If you feel you are been exploited no bid deal in that it only take 1 minute take out you phone cover raise the battery and remaove the SIM. Or open the SIM tray and take out your SIM. Resolved

Celtel's method is way better and with this procedure both the subscribers and the service providers will smile without any grudge in the back of their minds.

Sometimes the complains people lodge makes my head spin. You know that all the service providers with free calls only works for their networks. That is very very bad.

A do gooder ought to resolve all the possible problems before it comes it way. Nah, this is not in the case of the service providers you are praising. You still encounter problems numerous undresolved problems. Why not just shut that mouth in the d**khead of yours and mind they damn network you own.

Surprisingly most of the people who lodge their complains at the moment will shut their crap as soon as they get to the customer centre. It has been said not once not twice move butts and go to them it will be resolve. And if you don't want to do that you can always always calll the toll free line it will be resolved.

Note: I no dey work for Celtel o! And don't take it personal. I just don't like people refering to the same thing always.
Re: Celtel Slashes Tariffs: Now The Cheapest! by syskay(m): 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2007
In my own opinion Celtel is one big joke. I successfully migrated to their simply special platform, but now it seems to me like one big rip-off. My friends and family numbers are being charged 66k per second while weekend calls cost the same. I migrated cause i thought Celtel will have a weekend advantage. It is now apparent that their off-peak call do not apply throughout the weekend.

Let me stick with my GLO contract line for now.

MTN use to be the stingy network, now Celtel has has successfully dethroned them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Browse Wit Ur Phone As Modem Witout Pc Suite. / Can't Change Bbm Dp On Android - Come In Let Us Rub Minds / Help!! S5 Get Fake??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.