Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,110 members, 7,928,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 01:19 PM

John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup (9855 Views)

Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by 9jafreak: 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2010
Sir, I concede that it is fair to CRITICISE Mikel for his failure to become the player we all anticipated

But considering the talent (mediocrity) we now have for a "National Team",

Mikel is definitely one of our best players and one Africa's most poupular(rated) players at the moment
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by larimo(m): 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2010
too bad for Mikel and Nigeria. he would have made an impact especially in winning fouls in attacking plays. Lukman has all responsibilites / expectations now on his shoulders. I think he likes the big stage.

Shocking is Mikel's replacement according to eurosport - Ideye!

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/05062010/58/world-cup-2010-mikel-world-cup.html
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by CLT123(m): 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2010
Ideye Brown replaces Mikel

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1229093/index.html#ideye+replaces+mikel

Who is Ideye Brown exactly? I was finking Anichebe but wasnt the case.

No Jay Jay Okocha to replace Mikel
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by bossman3: 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2010
Anyone who is happy to see Mikel go clearly knows nothing about football and definitely doesn't have the country's best wishes at heart. Even the likes of Aguero some days ago acknowledged that his team(Argentina) have to be wary of Mikel. Mikel was integral to our success at this tournament and his absence is a major loss.
 Those asking for anichebe to be his replacement don't know what they are talking about as anichebe is an average striker/winger who has a lot of commitment at best and Mikel is a midfielder. If anybody should be picked from the 7 dropped players it should be Ideye or Uche who can both play as attacking midfielders
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by sley4life(m): 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2010
Call back Ike Uche. He would do the damage
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by sley4life(m): 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2010
It seems they followed Mikel to his village. Too bad!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by CarlosVent(m): 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2010
pls call back ike uche for us
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tinkinfela(m): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2010
He actually opted out, fucking coward!

"We have dropped Mikel from the World Cup squad after he told the team he did not want to put his career at risk as his knee injury has yet to fully heal after a recent surgery."
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2010
9jafreak:

Sir, I concede that it is fair to CRITICISE Mikel for his failure to become the player we all anticipated

But considering the talent (mediocrity) we now have for a "National Team",

Mikel is definitely one of our best players and one Africa's most poupular(rated) players at the moment

You seem to be the only one who understands my position on Mikel. Mikel should be worth more than the players like Aguero, Di Maria, Fabragas, Yaya Toure, Song etc had he improved himself since 2005 he was nearly valued more than Lionel Messi, Now can you compare both Messi and Mikel now??
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tosinaded(m): 12:51pm On Jun 05, 2010
its a shame sha . . . . .
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tosinaded(m): 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
You seem to be the only one who understands my position on Mikel. Mikel should be worth more than the players like Aguero, Di Maria, Fabragas, Yaya Toure, Song etc had he improved himself since 2005 he was nearly valued more than Lionel Messi, Now can you compare both Messi and Mikel now??

stop posting tru ur anus my friend. . . . use ur brains once a while! stop being a daftie
can u compare messi with any player in the world?
so because mikell dsnt play like messi,it means he hasnt improved?
are u dis st.upid?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by ReLaTE(m): 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
If my name is michael i wl neva play for chelsea in midfield because that wl be a disaster waiting to hunt me anytime.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tosinaded(m): 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2010
miceheal essien
micheal ballack
micheal(mikel) obi
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by CarlosVent(m): 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2010
brown idey has been called to replace mikel and dis guy god is a master in creativity. he can create so many things and i know with him nigeria will have a lot of lipton sacks to feed argentina with
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by illusion2: 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2010
tosinaded@:

miceheal essien
micheal ballack
micheal(mikel) obi
(michael) rio ferdinand tongue
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by medjai(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2010
definitely a big blow to the Super eagles. I really expected Mikel to shine.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by franctony(m): 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2010
Brown Goodluck Ideyen
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by larimo(m): 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
Mikel's absence is a very big loss for Naija. His vision, his passing, his calmness. He wins fouls in good areas. We are now very limited in options in midfield creativity - Haruna and yes Kanu, maybe Kaita too.

Sad!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tinkinfela(m): 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
CarlosVent:

brown idey has been called to replace mikel and dis guy god is a master in creativity. he can create so many things and i know with him nigeria will have a lot of lipton sacks to feed argentina with

Me like!!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2010
tosinaded@:

stop posting tru your anus my friend. . . . use your brains once a while! stop being a daftie
can u compare messi with any player in the world?
so because mikell dsnt play like messi,it means he hasnt improved?
are u dis st.upid?

I know what u want but I won't step down to ur level to trade insult with you.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Ibomade1: 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2010
I can't remember a world cup that so many players missed because of injury like this one.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by skoten(m): 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2010
So sad,Mikel injury is a big blow to Nigeria.Even Argentina players confirmed Mikel Obi as a superb player for Super Eagles.I dont think Lukman can handle that creative job,he's good but cant hold ball like Mikel,we dont have choice he has to put on Mikel's shoe.Pray and hope he can handle the likes of Mesharano and Veron,that means Etuhu will play defensive and Lukman to play creative role, Eagles attack is bad,they cant score, why?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by franctony(m): 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2010
PurestBoy:

I know what u want but I won't step down to your level to trade insult with you.
and what level do you think you are , the one that insults a successful player right. gerrout jor
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tosinaded(m): 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2010
u dey mind the i.diot ni?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by CarlosVent(m): 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2010
ideyey brown is d man.

infact dis is d best call up d new coach has made dat i can gv a pass mark

dat boy will show he can do better dan mikel.

pls go to espnsoccernet and read about him.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2010
franctony:

and what level do you think you are , the one that insults a successful player right. gerrout jor

U guys are hopelessly daft and highly moronic in nature, what has been successful got to do with my liking of his style of play? Is he as successful ans C. Ronaldo? Yet 25% of football fans all over the world hate him and call him diver, crynaldo, cry baby and other derogatory names, So no one is talking about about money here thinking defending him will make him send some pounds to you, Hungry Goats
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by ayusco: 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2010
men sad mikel is out of d wc not that i'm a fan of his backwarding n sidewaysing but his presence does help our midfield that side we'v won games without him b4 so hope dey! hope for mikels sake he did not say he cant risk his career
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by otokx(m): 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2010
Mikel knows that Nigeria has no chance in the World Cup hence he has taken the honorable step.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by chazy4real(m): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2010
Well, its really a blow no matter how we try to say that it won't  matter, he is one of the main dudes in that team though he misbehaves sometimes, just like others. But the matter is, what will Brown Ideye really offer undecided undecided undecided
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2010
Who gives a flyin fck if he's not playing?
The last time people cried about him for missing the olympics, we saw how the boiz fared- they got to d finals

Whoever represent us will represent us well

@Chidicris
Why do u curse parents when people talk about Mikel
U get papa and mama so?
Ewu!!

If the dude won't give his best cos of the injury, its best he leaves for home
We need those that will give 100% on d field

Go Go Go Nigeria!!!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by hooged: 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2010
nice the guy is out , how will that fucking lagerbeer take an injure match rusty player along to the world cup, i bet ideye will perform very well . up super eagles
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2010
tkb417:

Who gives a flyin fck if he's not playing?
The last time people cried about him for missing the olympics, we saw how the boiz fared- they got to d finals

Whoever represent us will represent us well

@Chidicris
Why do u curse parents when people talk about Mikel
U get papa and mama so?
Ewu!!

If the dude won't give his best cos of the injury, its best he leaves for home
We need those that will give 100% on d field

Go Go Go Nigeria!!!

God bless you jare,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Birmingham 2022: Nasiru Sule Wins Silver In Men's Para Table-tennis Event / FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive / Rasheedat Ajibade Extends Her Contract With Atletico Madrid

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.