Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,622 members, 7,979,105 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:30 PM

Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. (4310 Views)

Please How Do I Get Rid Of This issue Disturbing Me / Atheists This Message Is For You Guys. / This issue of 'the future' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Butterflyleo: 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
darkchild64:

the tactics you are using is quite old
The bible mentions that there are mansions in heaven,and in heaven there is gold as well, i put it in one sentence and that becomes a problem for you, meanwhile I asked a more important question in that post and unlike the butterflyleo I know who looks for arguments you quietly avoided that one,I'm not surprised,u have finally gained some sense shaa

p.s since you are insinuating that the gold and silver are not in the mansion then where are they,in the swimming pool ?

darkchild64: 7:28pm

fine I'll be in oblivion, but to put it in an accurate way,after death I cease to exist just like it was before birth,but where would you be, you believe you would be in a mansion filled with silver and gold, where you would never suffer and would always live happily ever after,and that is what you call HOPE,no problem I don't envy you at all

Confused fellow, see your own quote above. Stop lying to yourself.

When did silver and gold being on the streets translate to silver and gold BEING INSIDE MANSIONS?

I ask again, what version of the bible are you reading from? The atheist version?

I opened a thread where I specifically stated that I would choose what to respond to and what not to respond to from atheists.

Look up that thread. I have learned not to cast my pearls before swine. wink

2 Likes

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by ScienceWatch: 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
darkchild64:

I do not intend using the name Jesus except if it becomes necessary, and what exactly happens when a believer mentions the name because virtually every christian shouts Jesus before an accident or mishap,a lot of them still die
Ok I get your meaning.
Please recall, I emphasized a "sincere believer".
not every Christian has progressed spiritually to get the instantaneous results that have scientists baffled.

You asked what exactly happens when a true Christian calls out the name Jesus. I never discuss this incredible power with anyone.

Let me put it this way, if I asked you to go with me to meet 50 people from different countries and religions that have medical proof that they are deaf, blind or have broken bones that science was impotent to fix.
After you have met them and viewed the medical reports you do your own checks to see if all those people are genuine cases.

Then you stand close to each person one by one as they are prayed for. Each prayer takes 10 seconds per person. You have the right to go check each person and do any test on them to your satisfaction. You notice that broken femur bones were knitted together and perfectly healed in 10 seconds. And so on. And on.

Conclusion:
You would still not believe your own eyes. You would still come and mock your own experience.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Confused fellow, see your own quote above. Stop lying to yourself.

When did silver and gold being on the streets translate to silver and gold BEING INSIDE MANSIONS?

I ask again, what version of the bible are you reading from? The atheist version?

I opened a thread where I specifically stated that I would choose what to respond to and what not to respond to from atheists.

Look up that thread. I have learned not to cast my pearls before swine. wink
fine that is trivial,whether you have silver and gold in your mansion in heaven or not that is your own cup of tea,you think atheists are hopeless because we don't believe in your fantasy,well your sense of judgement is really wack,I don't need your heaven if I can live up to 80 honourable years on earth I'm satisfied,all I am concerned about is the legacy I leave behind,so many Nigerians can't get access to power supply,if I become that person that changes that situation so that every Nigerian coming after me gets good power supply then that is a life well spent for me,even if I don't exist after death,I leave behind a legacy that would exist for a long time,so what you see as hope is that when you die you would live happily ever after in your mansion in the sky,what I see as hope is that humanity has the potential to make the world a better place,and I believe that if we put behind our differences we would create the world of our dreams here on earth
I DON'T WISH TO GO TO YOUR HEAVEN,NOTHING IN YOUR HEAVEN INTERESTS ME,AND IF THAT IS WHAT YOU DEFINE AS HOPE,THEN I WOULD BE INDEED HOPELESS IF I HAD SUCH HOPE
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Butterflyleo: 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2018
darkchild64:

fine that is trivial

So to an atheist lying is trivial? So much for morality in atheism grin

,whether you have silver and gold in your mansion in heaven or not that is your own cup of tea,you think atheists are hopeless because we don't believe in your fantasy,well your sense of judgement is really wack

Its my own cup of tea yet you served the cup of tea to me FROM YOU despite being an atheist. That clearly shows whose cup of tea or coffee or cocoa or chocolate it really is. Hope it doesnt burn . Lmao

,I don't need your heaven if I can live up to 80 honourable years on earth I'm satisfied,

What you do not need of course you shouldn't be talking about them. I NEVER OFFERED YOU HEAVEN but here you are rejecting what was never offered. Your mind is surely in a daze. grin

all I am concerned about is the legacy I leave behind,so many Nigerians can't get access to power supply,if I become that person that changes that situation so that every Nigerian coming after me gets good power supply then that is a life well spent for me,even if I don't exist after death,I leave behind a legacy that would exist for a long time,so what you see as hope is that when you die you would live happily ever after in your mansion in the sky,what I see as hope is that humanity has the potential to make the world a better place,and I believe that if we put behind our differences we would create the world of our dreams here on earth

Goodluck and I "hope" you have power supply in oblivion too. cheesy

I DON'T WISH TO GO TO YOUR HEAVEN,NOTHING IN YOUR HEAVEN INTERESTS ME,AND IF THAT IS WHAT YOU DEFINE AS HOPE,THEN I WOULD BE INDEED HOPELESS IF I HAD SUCH HOPE

By now in real life people would be holding tightly onto you thinking you are running insane. Why are you rejecting what I NEVER OFFERED YOU. grin

When did I say "hey darky do you want a piece of heaven?".

Your soul is in obvious torment over images lurking in the shadows. You think the shadow of a cat is a tiger and that of a worm to be a snake.

Your torment will keep multiplying on per second basis cheesy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by superhumanist(m): 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
budaatum:

The Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun is in Osun State. I do not experience hostility from religious people there or anywhere else, even despite that I have the largest concentration of family members - whom one may feel have the need to save one - there than anywhere else in the world.

A favorite phrase of mine, and I quote from the bav, is, "buda's god is a selfish god. It has no time to be saving anyone else but buda". So I don't feel the need to be asking anyone to abandon their gods and convert to my ways. But that's not to say there are no idiots amongst them. I once had some prick come to save my so called "damned soul", and hours later that person was begging me to save them from starving!

Not many people are as rude to me as to think they should convert me, and if they did feel the need, they could at least try to do so without the prickiness. You would notice from my engagements on here that most who quote me would modify their prickiness or dare not quote me. It is, I think, because I respect myself and wish other's would too, or perhaps they fear I would befuddle them with my superior intellect and what some have called "wisdom", or maybe its just because perhaps I am not a prick to them.

My religious conversations are mostly with the Chief Imam, the Anglican Vicar or the heads in the various other religions, and the well educated, and my aim is to understand, and not to argue that my ways are better than their's. Perhaps the hostility you experience could be because of the level of people you engage with, or how you engage with them. On the whole, I find that I reap what I sow. Maybe you do too?

Guy, you be local champion. Son of the soil.

1 Like

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

So to an atheist lying is trivial? So much for morality in atheism grin

Its my own cup of tea yet you served the cup of tea to me FROM YOU despite being an atheist. That clearly shows whose cup of tea or coffee or cocoa or chocolate it really is. Hope it doesnt burn . Lmao

What you do not need of course you shouldn't be talking about them. I NEVER OFFERED YOU HEAVEN but here you are rejecting what was never offered. Your mind is surely in a daze. grin

Goodluck and I "hope" you have power supply in oblivion too. cheesy

By now in real life people would be holding tightly onto you thinking you are running insane. Why are you rejecting what I NEVER OFFERED YOU. grin

When did I say "hey darky do you want a piece of heaven?".

Your soul is in obvious torment over images lurking in the shadows. You think the shadow of a cat is a tiger and that of a worm to be a snake.

Your torment will keep multiplying on per second basis cheesy
this guy,you love playing games

you describe paranoia so well that I begin to suspect you are suffering from it so much as to have a clear view of what it is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by budaatum: 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Guy, you be local champion. Son of the soil.
I am, you know! At great expense too but it's worth it, as it is a battle against ignorance which is what their religion encourages. And you should see the impact it has, and the opposition it garners.

I recently spent two years in the kingdom promoting and teaching people to read. It's where I picked up the bug that paralysed me. The rumour was that I had been deported, or else, "why would he come to live in this hell with us". And, "Books? Who needs books? Just give us the money jo!" Some claim the bug was put on me to make me desist from what I do. Some are even afraid that I might go into politics and run for local government chairman knowing not many could compete with my reputation and record. And I also have quite a few people coming to tell me how the books in the library changed their lifes. Many haven't got the space in their homes to sit down to read, so the library is a place for them to go and study in peace. And the nightwatchmen come outside my house on the night I arrive shooting their guns in salute.

I so miss home, and the palmy!

1 Like

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by ScienceWatch: 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
Martinez19:
What kind of statement is this?
A bank statement.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by ScienceWatch: 9:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
superhumanist:

Johnydon22 said something that annoyed me on another thread. He was reluctant to blame religion for violence or wars....or sha something.

If you know my story, I have almost beaten an innocent child to death because I thought he was a witch. So I am very vocal about the danger of religion
Ok I know that even a non-existent god annoys you. What you call his reluctance is in fact his superior wisdom.

Most CRIMINAL have been known to blame religion as the reason for hate crimes. But you are pushing the boundaries of legality here by claiming that religion caused you to commit attempted murder of an innocent young child.

Now I am afraid of you.

1 Like

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Butterflyleo: 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
darkchild64:

this guy,you love playing games

you describe paranoia so well that I begin to suspect you are suffering from it so much as to have a clear view of what it is

So says the guy afraid of shadows. grin

3 Likes

Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by Evangkatsoulis: 7:29am On Jun 26, 2018
johnydon22:

This assumption is not necessarily true. I get emails from these non-commenting ghost readers. Most just have questions ..

That reminds me, someone sent me an email recently but Yahoo have refused to log my account in. They have refused to send me activation key to my phone.

Any ideas?

Just change the email attached to your nairaland account to a more active email.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by pressplay411(m): 1:47am On Jun 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Is it right and safe to reveal the fact that you are an atheist especially if you are student on campus or looking for job? I feel that as a student, staffs in the university might want to put you in a difficult position(reduce your mark, increase your carry overs or extend the duration of your post graduate programme) so that you can be frustrated and "see that without god, you can't be anything in life". During job interviews, it seems that selection is influenced by religious bias ie. A religious boss favours a religious candidate.

General it seems when you are atheist and outspoken about it and you are doing well in life, religious people that you are better than (especially those who are destitute and can only dream of what you have) seem to want you downfall or would try to bring your downfall - - - - all to prove life would be hard without god.

So is it right to reveal your atheism when you are a student on campus or when you have a religious supervisor in your doctorate programme ? Is it right when job hunting? In fact when and in what scenario should one keep a low profile about one's atheism?

Interesting.
Truth is, it's all in your head. No one really cares what you believe or don't believe as long as you don't let it interfere with your responsibility at work or school. What they really care is Can You Deliver? Can You Get The Job Done? Can You Be A Model Student Showing Diligence and Humility? Just don't go around trying to fight the system or shove your (ir)religion down people's throats.

But that said, I was once an atheist and initially used to conceal my atheism until eventually I became bold enough to express my beliefs (principles) and lack of (God).
You should see the look on people's faces they realised I didn't believe in God. They were amazed that any one could really say there's no God and be normal. They were shocked to be in the presence of a live atheist, most of them had only read about atheism or watched it in movies.

The most likely reaction you will get instead of victimisation is Concern. Every one would want to evangelise to you, to "help" you cos they would genuinely believe there's something wrong somewhere.
While you will genuinely believe there's something wrong with them instead cos How Can People Believe so Passionately what and who they do not see?

Now the crux of my epistle is, I've been there. You know what I found? Whether or not I believed in God or devil didn't stop their operation. I argued vehemently against charms as only real in Nollywood movies. Little did I know my family was actually a victim.
After Grace found me and ordered my steps to Christ, I found salvation and liberty. Much later I found Deliverance and Transformation. Those are my testimonies.

The testimony of deliverance came after my dad uncovered a buried charm deep beneath the foundation of our house. Bro, You do not believe in God or devil because you're yet to see the things that are happening around you. I pray it won't be late when you do. I pray Grace finds you, I pray it brings you to the knowledge of all truths. I pray you find answers to your questions and Solution to any and all your problems.

Peace and Grace be unto us all in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. by johnydon22(m): 11:23am On Jun 29, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Just change the email attached to your nairaland account to a more active email.

Done. Thank you boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evolution Or Design? Why Do You Subscribe To Either? / Rccg Pastors I Know Hiding Under Religion / Do You Fear Hell ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.