Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (7207 Views)

Aba Banks Drop Nigerian Flags To Avoid Vandalization By Biafra Rioters / I’m Concerned About Traffic Gridlock, Robberies –gov Ambode / Again!aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by tunde300us(m): 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
It is the height of insecurity when banks close down for fear of attacks.I was in aba last year,and then it was kidnapping,infact it was so bad that even primary and nursery school pupils were kidnapped.
Some how i tend to think Ngwa people in aba rent helping the matter atall,cos obviously something similar to this happened sometime in lagos and lagosians rose up to the challenge and relatively u can say lagos is safe,atleast in the last 2 years since fashola got a hold of things.

Abia state has a whole does not have a governor,all they have is a figure head who is still re-cupping his 9billion he claimed he used to get orji to power,and so i am not surprised that nuffin is happening in abia.

If ure in aba rite now i wish u all the best and pray ur families and friends dont get attacked by this stupid boys.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by johndavid1(m): 5:32pm On Jun 08, 2010
EzeUche:

On second thought. Nevermind. Ngwa babes are very beautiful and I would be pained if we deported them.

The women can stay!  grin

I still remember the Ngwa girl who broke my heart. cry
Nkiru, bad girl grin grin grin
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by wazobiang: 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2010
make dem try use the benin style. have the traditional rulers, curse dem thieves to hell. open up the bank's the next day to see if it will work.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by sonya4all(m): 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2010
Guys,aba has turned to something else,the bank have decided to shut down till further notice,for the past 3 days,there hasnt been any electricity supply reason? The kidnappers demanded for 15million naira,hence they decided to shutdown,i believe even NTA has been affected cos for some days now the station has not been broadcasting,God save abia state.(God own state)
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2010
sonya4all:

Guys,aba has turned to something else,the bank have decided to shut down till further notice,for the past 3 days,there hasnt been any electricity supply reason? The kidnappers demanded for 15million naira,hence they decided to shutdown,i believe even NTA has been affected cos for some days now the station has not been broadcasting,God save abia state.(God own state)

What area of the town are you?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by sayso: 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2010
stupid town,though I was raised there but ruined most of my friends
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by kobikwelu(m): 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2010
pity that aba has turned into what it is,

and it seems that the governor is at a loss as to what to do, or its a convenient distraction heading to next year election.

sources has it that they are in his employ and they will be used for his next yr election campaign.

as the doc said in his story,   they have a camp of some sorts where they  are being trained, fed and housed!!!!! daily.

tell me, all such logistics requires funding and somebody high up.

to other things,

when the young aba men on this thread realize that its in their common good is to come together and try to bring solutions forth then they would stop fighting like primitive old men in their 80's.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2010
sayso:

silly town,though I was raised there but ruined most of my friends
mehn,i thankGod for your life for living that town else you would have become one of those bad boys
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by sonya4all(m): 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2010
@kobo,am at the umungasi area,do u stay at aba?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2010
sonya4all:

@kobo,am at the umungasi area,do u stay at aba?

I lived in that area some years ago. Spent some time also at number 40 omuma rd and then off faulks road. I am not in Aba at the moment but I have a history there. I heard our old neighbours are still there.

The rains were terrible. It was as if the city become irritating during the rainy seasons. Faulks and omuma were just nightmares. And then there was crime to deal with. You could tell the government, and people were always too busy with ethnic politics to actually demand things be done.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by redsun(m): 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I lived in that area some years ago. I am not in Aba but I have a history there. I heard our old neighbours are still there.

You seem to have lived everywhere,Are u really a woman?You talk like a typical nigerian male hustler
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Katsumoto: 6:57pm On Jun 08, 2010
redsun:

You seem to have lived everywhere,Are u really a woman?You talk like a typical nigerian male hustler

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Katsumoto: 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2010
For those that think this problem should concern only the residents of Aba or the Ngwa people, what do you think will happen after Aba becomes deserted and everyone moves out? Don't you think the miscreants would simply move to neighbouring towns and cities?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by sonya4all(m): 7:05pm On Jun 08, 2010
Yea those areas are stIll cook,it really hasnt been easy cos with every busting of an empty sachet water,resisdents would scamper for safty.We really r living in fear.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by CarlosVent(m): 7:15pm On Jun 08, 2010
dis robery in na politicians dey cause am
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2010
redsun:

That you are still, after over 3 years, obsessed with discovering my gender, which you still aren't sure of and I am still not going to reveal to you, thrills me.

sonya4all:

Yea those areas are stIll cook,it really hasnt been easy cos with every busting of an empty sachet water,resisdents would scamper for safty.We really r living in fear.

Our neighbour used to, on dark nights, shoot up into the sky to scare the thieves away. lol.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by mamagee3(f): 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2010
And what effect would the protests have on the armed robbery problem.

It doesn't make sense, Do they expect the robbers to care or something?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by ChinenyeN(m): 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2010
mama-gee:

And what effect would the protests have on the armed robbery problem.

It doesn't make sense, Do they expect the robbers to care or something?

None, but it isn't meant for the armed robbers. It's meant to send a message to gov't.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by redsun(m): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That you are still, after over 3 years, obsessed with discovering my gender, which you still aren't sure of and I am still not going to reveal to you, thrills me.

I still think you are a CIA spy,you have changed your tune a bit but you are still spying.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2010
@afam4eva : You are the uninformed fool , is Peter Obi the governor of Abia state cos last I checked Aba is in Abia.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by gerona: 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2010
What is required in this unruly town to curtail the violence are MOPOL that can barely understand english all they understand is "kill am'. This will end the criminal conspiracy that the robbers and kidnappers have with the police in Aba. No need detaining anybody caught , silently waste them.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by tunde300us(m): 9:34pm On Jun 08, 2010
@gerona: U mean jungle justice abi ! Wait till they mistakenly arrest one of ur own and does like u said,am sure that day u will wish GANI was alive cos all you will hear is that he led a thiefing gang to a bank robbery and was shot.

U also said they shld bring mopol wey no dey hear english abi, i think u shld visit ABA and see if all the military men can understand that much english cos english is a requirement to the police,even if na pidgin.

Somehow i tend to believe that the situation has some political coloratoin to it cos one of the keke napep guy that took me the last time i was in ABA actually said something like that,cos those in power are busy stealing to come back to power,while those who are not in power and desire political office dont have where to get money to fight for office so they turn to the banks.

I say it again,i cry for aba, anytime i imagine what ABA can become without this madness
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by rhymz(m): 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2010
Mehn guyz, I just recieved a very bad news from my uncle: My Elderly aunty in Umuohia was kidnapped on saturday at her residence in the night, they say her childrien are in the process of bargaining the ransom with her captors. She came back from the US since december and has not gone back as she was busy overseeing some work at her maternity clinic. I am very sure that she wont step her foot again here again in Nigeria after her release. Geeeze. . This is worse than I thought, people being kidnapped in their own house? Coupled with nonsense going on in Aba. Haba! It is time to make that decision abeg, call a state of emergency or sth, Theodore Orji is a lameduck at this point, he is not in control of anything, if old people can be whisked off at the wee hours of the night. I pray they don't do anything that will deteriorate her health, God be with her, very Sad.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by tunde300us(m): 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2010
I join u in praying for her oh shocked
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2010
gerona:

What is required in this unruly town to curtail the violence are MOPOL that can barely understand english all they understand is "kill am'. This will end the criminal conspiracy that the robbers and kidnappers have with the police in Aba. No need detaining anybody caught , silently waste them.

Oh Come on!!! I can't believe anyone who knows of the history of the Nigerian police would advocate for such.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by naijadoll1: 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2010
these forum suld be called the 'tribalistland' !  shocked damn, 5 pages of comments on this thread , all mostly on irrelevant tribalistic crap rather than solutions/ideas !!!  am quite suprised at hw some pple are excited about the bad news in Igboland, thats intense ! am nt sure wat thats about but its disturbing, for real ! like there's any flawless tribe in Nigeria !  sad
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Oh Come on!!! I can't believe anyone who knows of the history of the Nigerian police would advocate for such.
the soldier can support our yeye mopol to form to joint taskforce.orji is just too lazy to take the proper initiatives.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by sonya4all(m): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2010
@kobo,thats really funny,dat was in the days when robbers would run away cos the owner of the house shouts.'who are you'!But now,the reverse is the case,the sad news now is that one of the leaders of the kidnaping group who acepted the gov's amnesty was shot dead,and the rest of his boys ran away with their arms,and dats where the problm lies cos they will be coming back in full force,despite the heavy presence of mopol/army/A.T.S.Anyway i think this is a politically motivated problm cos they want to send the message that the gov is incapable.(My guess),@chinenye,how are you doing,nice to see u r on this thread,i hope u remember me?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by rhymz(m): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2010
Am begining to agree too that the situation in Abia state has some political maneuvering to it. How come crime just suddenly peaked now that elections are getting close? It appears there is some kind of violent campaign going on to the give the present government of Abia state( even though I personally think he is a lameduck and should not be re-elected) a bad name and image to swing votes away and make him look like a lame duck and redundant. This appears to be more than the norm, remember before in Anambra state before the elections, the spate of kidnapping and robbery increased sharply and after the election, it decreased sharply thesame way.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by ChinenyeN(m): 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2010
sonya4all:

@chinenye,how are you doing,nice to see  u r on this thread,i hope u remember me?
I'm good. Hope you're doing fine, as well. Of course, I remember you. I haven't forgotten.
Maybe I'm reading too much into what you said, but why is it nice to see that I'm on this thread?
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2010
sonya4all:

@kobo,.Anyway i think this is a politically motivated problm cos they want to send the message that the gov is incapable.(My guess)

Issues down there have always been political. I remember how politics comes to play everytime the issue of state of roads came up. On Nairaland, Someone even went as far as to claim Faulks was a Federal road and so cannot be fixed by the governor. It is not just the thieves in this; the residents are deep in it.
Re: Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies by sonya4all(m): 12:14am On Jun 09, 2010
@chi,i dont mean anything,@truely the crime is not carried out by the ngwas only,but they use most ngwa villages as their hideouts,no wonder the gov centred all the arms collection units in ngwalands(amnesty),i remember last year,the eze of ihie(ngwa) was detroned because he deals on arms and protect kidnappers in his village.the state has turned sour,just this evening my mum told me that one of our relatives from my town(delta)was kidnaped at his house in ihie.And guess what after two days they released him after paying 50,000,(lol)thats funny but true,i think petty thieves are using the frey to enrich themselves,imagine 50k,my neighbour was kidnaped and paid 5million.And these are small boys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet President Buhari's Personal Photographer, Bayo Omoboriowo / Abducted Enugu Permanent Secretary, Augustine Udeh Rescued / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala CV That She Submitted To The WTO.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.