Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,388 members, 7,940,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (249834 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:54am On Aug 04, 2011
chyz, wot are u even saying? first u said:

"The itsekiri were labeled by Nigeria as Yorubas,"

then now u say:

"Clearly i said that Nigeria does not see the Itsekirirs as yoruba."

dat is why i said u should try to make sense with your posts and not just post for posting sake. well, unless u want to tell me your first quote was a typo and wot u meant was "The itsekiri were NOT labeled by Nigeria as Yorubas,"

and then my question would be why not? is it becos they have been able to establish, strengthen and sustain their identity for centuries long before the british came with the yoruba identity? and well, the usen identity was also etablished, strenghtened and sustained long before the british came with the yoruba identification or categorization or whatever you choose to called it.

and i will check the pic u posted later on my lappy cos i don't see pic on my fone. otherwise like i have told u repeatedly, usen people are edo people and whether we appear in a diagram as edo or not does not change that fact coz i just checked the list of nigerian tribes posted on another thread, i didn't see my tribe usen.

and i don't really care about "pinning" you against the old dummy iguefi, i just want to know who is telling the truth on the thread. is it you? iguefi or agbontaen? coz all three of u claim to be from the same anioma. all of you cannot just be coming up with different versions of the same issue and expect anyone to take u seriously.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 7:08am On Aug 04, 2011
I think you are not a bonafide citizen of that community because all Usen

so dat is all u can say? u think? and who the fvck cares wot an old dummy like u think especially wen u are posting the retarrded thoughts on the internet? and well i have also said long ago that i think u are actually from owerri or somewhere else in the east and not anioma.

all Usen people know that they are of Yoruba stock

hahahaha so dat would mean u know all usen people to make dat statement. even me dat is usen do not even know all usen people not to talk of u who is from the far east and the first time u heard of usen was on the internet and through google. can't u see why u are the biggest idiiot and oldest dummy on this thread? and all your dumb comments i always find amusing so keep em coming.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 7:18am On Aug 04, 2011
I can infer that I have never seen in any town in Nigeria where there are large concentration of bats like Benin City.

iguefi, so are u trying to tell me u didn't see a large concentration of bats in ogwashi uku? a pot cannot call kettle black and a kettle cannot call pot black so shut up!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 9:27am On Aug 04, 2011
well, mr or mrs chyz, i just checked the pic u posted, and it doesn't seem usen is not categorised as edo. and again, even if your map say otherwise, i never take such shyte as conclusive cos like i said someone just posted the tribes of nigeria and their states and outta 372 tribes posted, usen is missing from the list. so unless u want to tell me we do not exist in nigeria or dat we exist in a vacuum outside wot is regarded as "nigeria", i never take such maps and lists as conclusive. i take wot the people say they are as conclusive, and to my knowledge, i am yet to meet an usen person who identify as anything other than usen and edo.

and iguefi, keep doing your so-called research thru google and wikipedia and your phd will be awarded to u by users who upload shyte on wiki. and im sure u will also be quick to flaunt dat around as the first african/nigerian wiki phd holder as some kind of achievement.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
exotik:

chyz, wot are u even saying? first u said:

"The itsekiri were labeled by Nigeria as Yorubas,"

then now u say:

"Clearly i said that Nigeria does not see the Itsekirirs as yoruba."

dat is why i said u should try to make sense with your posts and not just post for posting sake. well, unless u want to tell me your first quote was a typo and wot u meant was "The itsekiri were NOT labeled by Nigeria as Yorubas,"

I saw the typo and corrected it. I meant "NOT labeled".

exotik:

and then my question would be why not? is it becos they have been able to establish, strengthen and sustain their identity for centuries long before the british came with the yoruba identity? and well, the usen identity was also etablished, strenghtened and sustained long before the british came with the yoruba identification or categorization or whatever you choose to called it.

The "usen" did get it as easy as the itsekiri did. They not only were carved out of the old western region which later let to them being in Delta state as of now but were also given the recognition by Nigeria as a seperate and distinct identity apart from the yoruba. In fact from what I'm hearing, you all are even more "yoruba" than them.They can actual slide,lol.

As for the usen identitity strength, obviously it was not strong enough to get you all a separate identity from the "Yoruba" label as the itsekiri. In fact I myself even hesitate calling them yoruba clan. Even you said that your group wasn't found on the list of nigerian ethnic groups. I also told you that it(Usen) is not found on google either.

and i will check the pic u posted later on my lappy cos i don't see pic on my fone. otherwise like i have told u repeatedly, usen people are edo people and whether we appear in a diagram as edo or not does not change that fact coz i just checked the list of nigerian tribes posted on another thread, i didn't see my tribe usen.

Hey there's nothing wrong with being called an Edo, just keep in mind that it is not an ethnic group label. Aniomas are called Edos as well by some but we are Igbo. Itsekiris are called edos,urhobo,isoko are too. Let think of it like this, if your group were carved into a "yoruba" state your whole swag would be different.

and i don't really care about "pinning" you against the old dummy iguefi, i just want to know who is telling the truth on the thread. is it you? iguefi or agbontaen? coz all three of u claim to be from the same anioma. all of you cannot just be coming up with different versions of the same issue and expect anyone to take u seriously.

Me Ogbefi are pretty much saying the same thing but in different ways. His is more on the diversity side. Agbotean, is just ashamed to be Igbo(Identity crisis). Agbontean and Ogbuefi are both Ikas, I am not. Agbotaens information is false i've given examples and links from his hometown,even using a link that he provided, affirming that they are Igbo. You should go back and read it. He provides no direct rebuttal with evidence.

exotik:

well, mr or mrs chyz, i just checked the pic u posted, and it doesn't seem usen is not categorised as edo. and again, even if your map say otherwise, i never take such shyte as conclusive cos like i said someone just posted the tribes of nigeria and their states and outta 372 tribes posted, usen is missing from the list. so unless u want to tell me we do not exist in nigeria or dat we exist in a vacuum outside wot is regarded as "nigeria", i never take such maps and lists as conclusive. i take wot the people say they are as conclusive, and to my knowledge, i am yet to meet an usen person who identify as anything other than usen and edo.

Out of the 372 groups listed, Usen was not found. This is because Usen is under a group on that list and group is "Yoruba".
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2011
but u have also failed to provide "rebuttals with direct evidence" to all iguefi has written extensively about. he said there are yoruba groups in anioma who speak a language that is primarily yoruba yet u claimed it was igbo. oh i get it, u are not for diversity

he also wrote of how igbos corrupted ikhime to chime and i guess since u are against diversity u also don't believe dat but have failed to provide evidence to support your claim.

Let think of it like this, if your group were carved into a "yoruba" state your whole swag would be different.

and if my group is carved into a "yoruba" state, my swag will remain dat of an ovbiedo kpataki.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2011
As for the usen identitity strength, obviously it was not strong enough to get you all a separate identity from the "Yoruba" label

really? i don't even have time to argue dat point with u.

Out of the 372 groups listed, Usen was not found. This is because Usen is under a group on that list and group is "Yoruba".

u know wot u shuld do? wen u see honourable west idahosa an usen man who represented his constituency in edo state at the house of representative, u should tell him is confused about his identity, then tell him he is no longer an edo man dat his group is now part of yoruba becos they were not included in a list of 372 tribes across nigeria and see if u will not get a dirty slap to your face.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2011
and why was ijaw not included in the list? their identity was not "strong" enough to included? and who were they grouped as in dat list? igbo?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2011
-----
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2011
exotik:

but u have also failed to provide "rebuttals with direct evidence" to all iguefi has written extensively about. he said there are yoruba groups in anioma who speaking a language that is primarily yet u claimed it was igbo. oh i get it, u are not for diversity

Do you know exactly what he meant by "primarily"? Do to assimilation, they are now Igbos. Olukumi is an extinct dialect.They accept the title Igbo as well.

he also wrote of how igbos corrupted ikhime to chime and i guess since u are against diversity, u also don't believe dat but have failed to provide evidence to support your claim.

I have nothing to do with the ikhime story.

and if my group is carved into a "yoruba" state, my swag will remain dat of an ovbiedo kpataki.

This is because you have already been in Edo state. If you had been in Ondo or Ekiti from the beginning, you'd have a different take on the issue. You'd be scream 'Omo Yoruba sileeeee!" grin

exotik:

and why was ijaw not included in the list? their identity was included in the list? and who were they grouped as in dat list? igbo?

The Ijaw are the Izon people. The names are well known and used interchangibly.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2011
I have nothing to do with the ikhime story.

ok. but who is eze chime? was he not the same bini man ikhime as iguefi has claimed? or u want to pretend eze chime never existed in anioma?

This is because you have already been in Edo state. If you had been in Ondo or Ekiti from the beginning, you'd have a different take on the issue. You'd be scream 'Omo Yoruba sileeeee!"

personal opinions don't matter to me and u are entitled to urs while i have already told u mine.

The Ijaw are the Izon people. The names are well known and used interchangibly.

ok cool. im yet to go thru the list thoroughly since i am posting with my fone. but i noticed kwale was not grouped as igbo. why so? i thought u claimed they were igbo?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2011
Do you know exactly what he meant by "primarily"?

i just ran primarily thru the dictionary and look at the result:

pri·ma·ri·ly
[-mair-uh-lee, -mer-]

- adverb
chiefly  
originally

^^

so according to iguefi they speak a language till this day that is originally and chiefly yoruba. so how is that "igbo" in any sense of the word?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
exotik:

ok. but who is eze chime? was he not the same bini man ikhime as iguefi has claimed? or u want to pretend eze chime never existed in anioma?

I've asked you to provide a link on the story abt ikhime/eze chima but you didn't. I'd like the read one that doesnt refer to the man as "eze chime".

exotik:

ok cool. im yet to go thru the list thoroughly since i am posting with my fone. but i noticed kwale was not grouped as igbo. why so? i thought u claimed they were igbo?

kwale is Ukwuani. I am Ukwuani. We are Igbo. In the '70s, various Igbo groups/clans were given separate identities to divide and weaken us after the Biafra war. A lot of us went with it and denied being Igbo twort discrimination by the FG,etc. Obviously it aint work. Ours is a totally different case from yours.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
exotik:

i just ran primarily thru the dictionary and look at the result:

pri·ma·ri·ly
[-mair-uh-lee, -mer-]

- adverb
chiefly 
originally
^^

so according to iguefi they speak a language till this day that is originally and chiefly yoruba. so how is that "igbo" in any sense of the word?

It WAS originally a yoruba dialect(olukunmi),now extinct.It is not anymore because of assimilation of the people and language into Igbo
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2011
how can it be extinct when they are still speaking the distinct language? and i don't have time to be searching for links for clowns on the net. like i do in real-life i go by wot the people say, and from all the posts so far on this thread, it is clear anioma is not strictly an igboland. and ur posts are pretty boring unlike dat of iguefi who is good at making wild claims so i guess i will have to wait for iguefi cos im sure he is busy googling and cooking something interesting as we speak.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2011
btw, dat list was not compiled in the 70s it was compiled recently after delta has been created so i see no reason why the identify u claimed was "imposed" on u in the 70s will still be on the list. if the identify still appears on a recent list even after biafra is long over, it means kwale is not igbo which is why they were not grouped as igbo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
exotik:

how can it be extinct when they are still speaking the distinct language? and i don't have time to be searching for links for clowns on the net. like i do in real-life i go by wot the people say, and from all the posts so far on this thread, it is clear anioma is not strictly an igboland. and your posts are pretty boring unlike dat of iguefi who is good at making wild claims so i guess i will have to wait for iguefi cos im sure he is busy googling and cooking something interesting as we speak.

I didnt ask you to search the link on the internet for yourself(the clown).,so what are u talking about?

Lets not get mixed.People settle on other tribal land. We igbos have settle in lagos and Sabo-Gari, so i guess according to you all of lagos and Sabo-gari is not yoruba and hausa land?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2011
exotik:

btw, dat list was not compiled in the 70s it was compiled recently after delta has been created so i see no reason why the identify u claimed was "imposed" on u in the 70s will still be on the list. if the identify still appears on a recent list even after biafra is long over, it means kwale is not igbo which is why they were not grouped as igbo.

reread the bolded at see why you dont make sense,lol. grin. Infact go back and read what I posted concerning Ukwuani and read all of what you posted above and see why what you wrote is senseless.ROFLMAO! grin
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2011
exotik:

btw, dat list was not compiled in the 70s .

One secret I will reveal to you is to focus on pre-1970 books when reading about Igbos.BTW Chyz is from "Kwale" which is a corruption of "Ukwuani" or "Ukwuali" which in Igbo means Southland.The present Anioma was known in Igbo as comprising of 3 groups of Igbo people Ukwuani(Southland),Ndi Oshimili(Riverine) and Enuani(Upland).The Europeans gave them the name "Ika".The history is not hidden but known by every Anioma.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
Abagworo:

One secret I will reveal to you is to focus on pre-1970 books when reading about Igbos.BTW Chyz is from "Kwale" which is a corruption of "Ukwuani" or "Ukwuali" which in Igbo means Southland.The present Anioma was known in Igbo as comprising of 3 groups of Igbo people Ukwuani(Southland),Ndi Oshimili(Riverine) and Enuani(Upland).The Europeans gave them the name "Ika".The history is not hidden but known by every Anioma.

Gbam, Gbosa, thank you Abagworo!

He's not even Ukwuani and knows nothing about kwale,lol. In fact, the Ukwuani, Enuani, and the people now known as "Ika" were all under the same name "Ika" at one point. See how much you know? grin. . .I will post the information.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
chyz, don't bold my comments coz i can't see it, but the only thing i guess was wrong with my comment is i said after biafra war is long over which u have already stated. fine.

but this was wot u said:

"In the '70s, various Igbo groups/clans were given separate identities to divide and weaken us after the Biafra war."

so let me get dis straight, u were in ur words "given separate identities" to weaken biafra after the war even though u are igbo. so i guess it was imposed and u said some of u accepted it.

den u went ahead to say dis

"A lot of us went with it and denied being Igbo twort discrimination by the FG,etc."

apart from u foolishly accepting an identity dat was imposed on u the complete sentence does not make sense cos i don't know wot "twort" means and dat was the reason u foolishly accepted. forgive me i never hear oyibo reach there.

den u now said this:

"Obviously it aint work. "

obviously it worked cos fast forward years later, kwale is listed as a seperate group from igbo in delta state.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 3:40am On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

but this was wot u said:

"In the '70s, various Igbo groups/clans were given separate identities to divide and weaken us after the Biafra war."

so let me get dis straight, u were in your words "given separate identities" to weaken biafra after the war even though u are igbo. so i guess it was imposed and u said some of u accepted it. 

Never said anything about weakening Biafra. The war was already over in 1970. The identities were used as a divide and conquer technique. This tactic is nothing new.

den u went ahead to say dis

"A lot of us went with it and denied being Igbo twort discrimination by the FG,etc."

apart from u foolishly accepting an identity dat was imposed on u the complete sentence does not make sense cos i don't know wot "twort" means and dat was the reason u foolishly accepted. forgive me i never hear oyibo reach there.

My bad,was a typo. The word is thwart. If you witnessed and suffered what they went through during the war and even the time leading up to the war then you wouldnt see it as being too foolish. It is called desperation.

den u now said this:

"Obviously it aint work. "

obviously it worked cos fast forward years later, kwale is listed as a seperate group from igbo in delta state.

When i said "Obviously it aint work.", i was referring to Ukwani and other Igbo groups thinking that denying Igbo and taking up a a new "ethnic" identity was going to stop them from being discriminated against verses the Igbos who still kept to the name "Igbo".
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 4:35am On Aug 05, 2011
"The identities were used as a divide and conquer technique."

to divide and conquer wot? the biafran cause or the igbo ethnic group?

"If you witnessed and suffered what they went through during the war and even the time leading up to the war then you wouldnt see it as being too foolish. It is called desperation."

witnessed wot exactly? u claim u were igbo before and during the war, so i guess u fought for the biafran cause but after losing the war, u could no longer persevere with wotever fate was facing you and your igbo brothers dat u now had to take on an identity just to escape it and betrayed the igbo unity. i don't see how dat is desperation, dat is foolishness and cowardice.

"i was referring to Ukwani and other Igbo groups thinking that denying Igbo and taking up a a new "ethnic" identity was going to stop them from being discriminated against verses the Igbos who still kept to the name "Igbo". "

so after u have cowardly taken up a new ethnic identity foolishly thinking it will stop u from being discriminated against but "obviously it aint work", u now want to return to the ethnic identity u previously disowned.

sorry but the whole thing looks like the life of a loser to me and i don't even know why your other igbo brothers want to take u cowards back after helping to weaken the igbo "ethnic" identity coz tomorrow now if there is another biafran war, after losing, u guys will also be the first igbos to take on a new identity and disown igbo just to avoid discrimination.

but this has still not answered the question:

why is kwale still listed as a different ethnic group from igbo in delta state?

a) are they still foolishly holding on to the identity to avoid discrimination even though the igbos claim they are booming and doing well?

b) they are keeping it coz they know they are actually not igbos and a different group?

c)  they just want to keep it so dat they can continue to play both sides of the fence like cowards?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

"The identities were used as a divide and conquer technique."

to divide and conquer wot? the biafran cause or the igbo ethnic group?

"If you witnessed and suffered what they went through during the war and even the time leading up to the war then you wouldnt see it as being too foolish. It is called desperation."

witnessed wot exactly? u claim u were igbo before and during the war, so i guess u fought for the biafran cause but after losing the war, u could no longer persevere with wotever fate was facing you and your igbo brothers dat u now had to take on an identity just to escape it and betrayed the igbo unity. i don't see how dat is desperation, dat is foolishness and cowardice.

"i was referring to Ukwani and other Igbo groups thinking that denying Igbo and taking up a a new "ethnic" identity was going to stop them from being discriminated against verses the Igbos who still kept to the name "Igbo". "

so after u have cowardly taken up a new ethnic identity foolishly thinking it will stop u from being discriminated against but "obviously it aint work", u now want to return to the ethnic identity u previously disowned.

sorry but the whole thing looks like the life of a loser to me and i don't even know why your other igbo brothers want to take u cowards back after helping to weaken the igbo "ethnic" identity coz tomorrow now if there is another biafran war, after losing, u guys will also be the first igbos to take on a new identity and disown igbo just to avoid discrimination.

but this has still not answered the question:

a) are they still foolishly holding on to the identity to avoid discrimination even though the igbos claim they are booming and doing well?

b) they are keeping it coz they know they are actually not igbos and a different group?

c) they just want to keep it so dat they can continue to play both sides of the fence like cowards?

^^^A clear case of crying more than the bereaved. You would think that they were YOUR people,lol.

Cowardice? Hmm. . .This is coming from a yoruba guy.Funny. grin

Not every ukwuani denies being igbo. One can claim there clan and Igbo as well.

Your write-up should be for people like Agbotean. Agbotean is ashamed. I'm glad you are now getting the picture.

For you three questions. . . for a and b the answer is, yes. For ur other question it is, no.(of course we are talking about the ones who deny being Igbo)
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
yeah wotever. but my main question that i am still not getting a clear answer to was why kwale is still listed as a seperate group from igbo in delta state.

and the (a) (b) (c) were options u could choose your answer from kinda like objs. but i guess cos i added a question mark to the options, it now seemed like questions.

so lets try it again:

a) are they still foolishly holding on to the identity to avoid discrimination even though the igbos claim they are booming and doing well

b) they are keeping it coz they know they are actually not igbos and a different group

c)  they just want to keep it so dat they can continue to play both sides of the fence like cowards
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

a) are they still foolishly holding on to the identity to avoid discrimination even though the igbos claim they are booming and doing well

b) they are keeping it coz they know they are actually not igbos and a different group

c) they just want to keep it so dat they can continue to play both sides of the fence like cowards

Your question as already been answered. Go back and re-read. wink
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
lol, i have re-read and i dont get a clear answer and this was wot u said

"For you three questions. . . for a and b the answer is, yes. For your other question it is, no.(of course we are talking about the ones who deny being Igbo)"

i dunno that is a bit too vague for me to understand coz i cant remember asking three questions in the first place. so help me out, make it clearer.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2011
Are you still here? You don't get tired oh!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2011
ezeagu:

Are you still here? You don't get tired oh!

aha, but the thread was started: June 07, 2010, 08:48 PM

and over a year later u have not left it, yet u made such a comment.

dat was funny!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2011
Hope the below refreshes your memory:

exotik:

c)  they just want to keep it so dat they can continue to play both sides of the fence like cowards?

For your question of "why is kwale still listed as a different ethnic group from igbo in delta state?" Read what I wrote below:

exotik:

In the '70s, various Igbo groups/clans were given separate identities to divide and weaken us after the Biafra war. A lot of us went with it and denied being Igbo twort discrimination by the FG,etc.

"A lot went with it" not All.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2011
ok cool. so kwales are not igbos in delta state since they made the list.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

ok cool. so kwales are not igbos in delta state since they made the list.

Hmm. . .not that simple. Delta state is a dynamic place. Ukwuani are allowed to go with either or.It's for political reasons. Its kinda like the Urhobo and Isoko. The Isoko are Urhobo but the Isoko area of Urhobo land were given the right to use Isoko as identity apart from Urhobo.Its an either or thing.

Notice from the delta state map that i posted, the Isoko are not listed by name because they are under Urhobo.

The groups are more or less playing both sides of the fence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.