Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,924 members, 7,942,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? (916 Views)

An Ultimatum In Niger: Become Muslim Or Be Slaughtered / Watch As United States Department Debates On Genocide On Christian By Fulani Her / Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by CodeTemplar: 7:36am On Jun 29, 2018
Who is a Muslim or Christian by the constitution ?

I invite all lawyers in the house to shed light on this question.

My reason for asking is to know how the things like sharia police works. For example, what happens if a muslim and a christian commit adultery and are caught by hisbah (sharia police), does it mean that the constitutional rights of one of the suspects is suspended until punishement while the other walks free?
Does it imply that one can't change his/her faith again due to the sharia court impending judgement?

Why doesn't the law require a change of religion advert in reputable national daily like marriage based change of name?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by izzou(m): 7:41am On Jun 29, 2018
I think the issue of Sharia law governs the region involved, irrespective of whatever faith the person pledges his/her allegiance to

If you fornicate, even if you no believe in God, Sharia law still applies as long as it is being exercised wherever you committed the Nyansh-ing grin

As for the question you asked, I came to learn too smiley

I know one Ukwu mango lawyer here on nairaland. Na only affidavit the guy sabi do. Maybe he will see this post and comment grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by orisa37: 8:26am On Jun 29, 2018
The question is good but I wish you luck in your deliberations.
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by orisa37: 8:34am On Jun 29, 2018
Shagari knows the Constitution more than this. The Name Abacha sounded funny to him. This one is demented and obviously leading us nowhere.
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by CodeTemplar: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2018
orisa37:
Shagari knows the Constitution more than this. The Name Abacha sounded funny to him. This one is demented and obviously leading us nowhere.
No need trying to subtly derail the discussion.
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by orisa37: 9:44am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
No need trying to subtly derail the discussion.

Sorry.
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by CodeTemplar: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
Who polices the hisbah themselves? The police of imams?
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by CodeTemplar: 7:57am On Jul 14, 2018
Can a Christian face sharia court?
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by Dranoid: 9:29am On Jul 14, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Can a Christian face sharia court?
This question is highly underrated.

Can I face a court with laws that are not in line with my faith?

Or as a Muslim what stops me from claiming another religion (that is if not being a muslim grants me immunity) and escaping punishment

and if it doesn't grant me immunity, can an atheist (for example) be prosecuted by the court for what it(the court) considers as 'immoral/indecent' dressing? considering that he does not believe in religion, the punishment will be logically unfair, the laws are primitive and that prosecuting someone for that is almost like violating a human right. I am not familiar with the sharia law so I stand to be corrected on my example
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by OLORIPAPA: 9:31am On Jul 14, 2018
F
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by CodeTemplar: 6:34am On Jul 20, 2018
Dranoid:

This question is highly underrated.

Can I face a court with laws that are not in line with my faith?

Or as a Muslim what stops me from claiming another religion (that is if not being a muslim grants me immunity) and escaping punishment

and if it doesn't grant me immunity, can an atheist (for example) be prosecuted by the court for what it(the court) considers as 'immoral/indecent' dressing? considering that he does not believe in religion, the punishment will be logically unfair, the laws are primitive and that prosecuting someone for that is almost like violating a human right. I am not familiar with the sharia law so I stand to be corrected on my example

You can see how Muslims are using their 'misinterpreted' beliefs to claim territory. By forcing laws that threaten the lives, businesses and relationship of people on citizens in any territory they have successfully annexed.
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by CodeTemplar: 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
I am feeling like a prophet right now. Kano empowers Hisbah to handle criminal prosecution and Buhari turns a blind eye....
Hello Nairalanders!
Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by JonDon12: 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Who is a Muslim or Christian by the constitution ?

I invite all lawyers in the house to shed light on this question.

My reason for asking is to know how the things like sharia police works. For example, what happens if a muslim and a christian commit adultery and are caught by hisbah (sharia police), does it mean that the constitutional rights of one of the suspects is suspended until punishement while the other walks free?
Does it imply that one can't change his/her faith again due to the sharia court impending judgement?

Why doesn't the law require a change of religion advert in reputable national daily like marriage based change of name?

Good idea.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Muslim Or Christian By The Constitution ? by CodeTemplar: 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
JonDon12:

Good idea.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

See What Fayose Said On Tv / President Buhari To Import Grass To Feed Cows. / Can Southern Nigeria Collectively Fund A Mega Refinery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.