Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,770 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? (3832 Views)

Grazing Reserve Law In Northern Nigeria Criminalises Open Grazing – Basiru / Wawa-Zange Grazing Reserve: Gombe Governor, Inuwa Provides Modern Facilities / Niger Bobi Grazing Reserve Comes Alive, Decades After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Empiree: 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
EternalTruths:

Then take it to Yoruba land.
They are welcome cheesy

I saw them grazing openly as a child and there was never any problems. Why now?.
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
FriendNG:
@TheCabal you still made no point only long grammar

I Know that grazing reserves were designed in 1965 by sardauna of Sokoto..

Like I said, from the get go!

TheCabal:
@FriendNG. This is a poor presentation on this topic.
In Nigeria, when we have an electrical fault we are more interested in what the plumber or bricklayer has to say about fixing a broken circuit breaker, than seeking the counsel of an experience electrician. This is biggest challenge we face as a nation.

You can read my updates here: https://www.nairaland.com/4590457/grazing-reserve-private-business/2#68971465

However, I have a strong feeling you are the picture book type.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_book
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by FriendNG: 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheCabal:

Like I said, from the get go!

You can read my updates here: https://www.nairaland.com/4590457/grazing-reserve-private-business/2#68971465

However, I have a strong feeling you are the picture book type.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_book

It's time I ignore you. You have nothing to contribute but cyber nuisance.
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
FriendNG:

It's time I ignore you. You have nothing to contribute but cyber nuisance.

Yeah, a lot of people get frustrated when the realize I am far more knowledgeable than the average Nigerian.
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by FriendNG: 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
TheCabal:

Yeah, a lot of people get frustrated when the realize I am far more knowledgeable than the average Nigerian.

A butterfly thinks itself a bird.
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Afonja007: 1:46am On Jul 01, 2018
Empiree:
That's it. You guys want no peace. What's religion has to do with this issue?. See why those pastors lied to you to think this is about religion?. Rather this is about business and entrepreneurship. But crazy people want you to think it is islam versus everyone else. The earlier you think before you do something stupid the better.

Pastors and politicians are not telling you the truth. That's why these killings dont stop. They don't want to address the real issue. They want no peace. Ranch, cow grazing is for the benefit of all just like agriculture. Also note that, this kind of hullabalou is not exclusive to Nigeria actually. In the USA, farmers too do have disagreements with govt. Sometimes, it about land like farmers want to expand their business.

Sometimes, it is about products qualities. When it comes to expanding their business, since govt controls the land, they try to accommodate them bcus they know it is for the benefits of everyone. Not all state produce food. Like New York for instance, they import from other states like Idaho, California and Phoenix.

Had it been lands are in control of families, it would have been difficult for the farmers to maneuver. There should be some sort of proper coordination headed by the govt. Because everyone is doing thier own thing is the reason there is hike in gas and food prices. It is high time many things need to be regulated in Nigeria and not individual or group of people.

If ranches are only in the north, cows and ram price will continue to skyrocket due to many obstacles fulani people have to go through all the way from North to transport livestock down south and East. You need to give them credit for that and stop calling them murderers. All these years they serviced everyone in nigeria with this business. Appreciate their efforts for once, buddy.
in America if you find oil in your land it belongs to you buy here in Nigeria when oil is found in bayelsa state one gambo or dankwambo from north will claim it and government will sign it to him
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Empiree: 1:51am On Jul 01, 2018
Afonja007:
in America if you find oil in your land it belongs to you buy here in Nigeria when oil is found in bayelsa state one gambo or dankwambo from north will claim it and government will sign it to him
from whence you got bold from?.Can you prove it?
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by IamJames: 8:08am On Jul 01, 2018
Mylove55:
will the jobless evil PDP support financial aid to herdsmen to build ranches in their various state as farmers are supported financially by government?

According to your point,
Is The port built by Igbos?
Will the Igbo's dredge rivers by themselves?

Remove ports from FG exclusive list first and see whether private individuals won't build it to world standard.

1 Like

Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Mylove55(f): 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
IamJames:

Remove ports from FG exclusive list first and see whether private individuals won't build it to world standard.
the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra should also allow ranches to be added to fg exclusive list.

1 Like

Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by grandstar(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
Blue3k:
The situation can be solved with better law enforcement. When 80 people die in a week thats simply a breakdown in secruity.

It wouldn't take overwhelming police presence because after a few peoole go to jail the rest get the message. You could say something about border secruity, illegal mining and traffic law violations. All you need is man power and intelligence. These guys cant move very far fast since they travel with herd and there is only x amount of open land.

I restate open grazing is not illegal in 34 states and there are minimal regulations on practice. What is illefal is traspassing on farmers property and murder. Nobody at federal level is trying ban open grazing or herding. Only states are so far.

These guys chose not to adapt their lifestyles. Next how does the FG know who's cow belongs to who in event of rustling. Do these guys brand cattle?

Did you know the Plateau killers slaughtered with impunity for 7 hours? It's inexcusable

1 Like

Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Develpeast: 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2018
Why are all these people shallow in thinking? I am only commenting because I feel some young people will be seeing reasons with whatever jargons this man is spewing. The bone of contention is land. If the herders want grass, they can ask the government to subsidize the price of grasses for them so that the cost of feeding the cows will reduce.

The government cannot provide land for farmers but can only reduce the cost of production through subsidy. Stop making people look like fools with your false analogy.

1 Like

Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Blue3k(m): 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
grandstar:

Did you know the Plateau killers slaughtered with impunity for 7 hours? It's inexcusable

Didnt know, I agree it inexcusable. Thst mean gun shots were going off for 7hrs without sny secruity coming to aid. If it like tgst you would be fool not to have weapons on you.
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Blue3k(m): 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
grandstar:

Didnt know, I agree it inexcusable. Thst mean gun shots were going off for 7hrs without sny secruity coming to aid. If it like that you would be fool not to have weapons on you.
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by overhypedsteve(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2018
TheCabal:

I shared my position.

For a lay man like "yours truly"; the people talking do not have the slightest idea about what they are talking about.

Its like asking if the FGN should stop subsidizing education, or bailing out disco's and genco's or providing funds for BOA, NEXIM or the Anchor borrowers. When people listen to unqualified parties, they suffer a fate far worse than the uneducated man, who believes his life's fortunes are correlated to the number of children he bears.

Your position on the issue "this is not rocket science". Supports my theory regarding Nigerian's and unfounded opinions. If you had spent your time reading "Grazing reserves in Nigeria", you would learn that grazing reserves (ranching) started as far back as the 60's; with the first National livestock development project, which was supported technically and financially by the World Bank, UNDP and ILCA now ILRI.

That there are three models for ranching; (i) private, (ii) group, (iii) co-operative. As we speak, Nigeria only practices the private model; while nations like Pakistan, Brazil, Malaysia , Kenya, Senegal and Tanzania are either group or co-operative or a hybrid.

The U.S.A has Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program , she subsidizes meat and diary production to the tune of $38B each year 1.

What do Nigerians and Nigeria have to gain from ranching?

1. Increase meat and milk production
2. Increased taxes for host states
3. Job creation for the unemployed youths
4. States have greater control on pastoralists, grazing paths, meat and milk quality.
5. Land ownership conflicts would be resolved, pastoralists normally do not own land in Nigeria. However, through Miyetti Allah, we can
consolidate them under various co-operatives which provide tenure, loans and technical support.
6. School enrollment for the young, healthcare and vaccination for toddlers and pre and ante natal for pregnant mothers.
7. Identification of Nigerians, improvement in census and migration figures and estimates.

1.http://scet.berkeley.edu/wp-content/uploads/CopyofFINALSavingThePlanetSustainableMeatAlternatives.pdf

. When Your Final Research Project is due and you don't even have a topic yet, who would you go to? When your Msc Papers are long overdue for defense but you have no idea how to go about it yet, who will you go to? what about your Phd Research papers? Your Assignments, Your Term papers, your conference papers? who will do all this for you? well I know the answer. we will. we the team of professional researchers with years of experience writing research papers for Nigerian and International Students. We are here for you when you have a deadline that must be met, we are here for you when you are having a marriage crisis and you are too distracted to write anything on paper, we will be here for you in your darkest nights when the thoughts of your recent break-up have ruined your intellectual ability to co-ordinate a research, when your supervisor just canceled your almost completed research and ask you to write a new one we will be there. Whenever you think you can't, Look to those who can. book a research paper right now here https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Empiree: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
Develpeast:
Why are all these people shallow in thinking? I am only commenting because I feel some young people will be seeing reasons with whatever jargons this man is spewing. The bone of contention is land. If the herders want grass, they can ask the government to subsidize the price of grasses for them so that the cost of feeding the cows will reduce.

The government cannot provide land for farmers but can only reduce the cost of production through subsidy. Stop making people look like fools with your false analogy.
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by IamJames: 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
Mylove55:
the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra should also allow ranches to be added to fg exclusive list.

Your nightmare didn't put the ports in the FG exclusive list in fact if they have their way they'll remove it and build ports to their taste.
Re: Is Grazing Reserve A Private Business ? by Nafizzey(m): 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2018
Empiree:
That's it. You guys want no peace. What's religion has to do with this issue?. See why those pastors lied to you to think this is about religion?. Rather this is about business and entrepreneurship. But crazy people want you to think it is islam versus everyone else. The earlier you think before you do something stupid the better.

Pastors and politicians are not telling you the truth. That's why these killings dont stop. They don't want to address the real issue. They want no peace. Ranch, cow grazing is for the benefit of all just like agriculture. Also note that, this kind of hullabalou is not exclusive to Nigeria actually. In the USA, farmers too do have disagreements with govt. Sometimes, it about land like farmers want to expand their business.

Sometimes, it is about products qualities. When it comes to expanding their business, since govt controls the land, they try to accommodate them bcus they know it is for the benefits of everyone. Not all state produce food. Like New York for instance, they import from other states like Idaho, California and Phoenix.

Had it been lands are in control of families, it would have been difficult for the farmers to maneuver. There should be some sort of proper coordination headed by the govt. Because everyone is doing thier own thing is the reason there is hike in gas and food prices. It is high time many things need to be regulated in Nigeria and not individual or group of people.

If ranches are only in the north, cows and ram price will continue to skyrocket due to many obstacles fulani people have to go through all the way from North to transport livestock down south and East. You need to give them credit for that and stop calling them murderers. All these years they serviced everyone in nigeria with this business. Appreciate their efforts for once, buddy.
Thanks for educating the educated religious bigot who does not want anything good.

Some Nigerian are not actually interested in the peaceful coexistence of the country

We know them and unfortunately for them, they belong to the minority, whether or not they like it we re gon implement it.

Tell them

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Blasted By His Followers For Lying To Them / Nairaland The Ajegunle Of Social Media Platforms[photos] / APC Potential Candidate In South-west, Not South-east- Yakasi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.