Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,311 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:12 PM

19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew (926 Views)

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / DON'T RUSH MARRIAGE: Some Married Men Still Secretly Wish They Were Single / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew by Ortintin: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Etiquette are customary code of polite behaviour in society or among people. In this article, I have outlined some basic etiquette that most people do not know
1. Don’t show up at a party empty-handed, unless you’ve been instructed to.
2. Don’t break up with someone by text. And don’t announce a death in the family by text.
3.If you’re forgiven after you’ve apologized, don’t touch the person again just to say you’re sorry.
4. The golden rule when using perfume is moderation. If you can still smell your perfume in the evening, everyone else is already tired of it.
5. If someone calls you rudely (’You there!’), you shouldn’t answer.
6. Don’t touch someone’s belly when she’s pregnant; or even when she isn’t.
7. Chew your food with your mouth closed
8 Don’t talk with food in your mouth.
9. Wash your hands after going to the restroom.
10. If you bump into someone, say sorry.
11. If you say, ’I invite you,’ that means you pay.
12. Never pay a visit without calling first.
13. A man should never carry a woman’s handbag.
14. If you’re walking along with someone and your companion greets a person, you should also greet them.
15.A man should always walk on a woman’s left-hand side. Military men are the only exception, because they should be ready to salute.

Others are http://www.ortintin.com/2018/07/19-etiquettes-most-people-wish-they-knew.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew by XhosaNostra(f): 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
I knew these, except for #14.

Allow me to add a few smiley

*Place a hand over your mouth when you cough, sneeze or yawn.

*Remove your hat when you enter the home.

* Don't wear sunglasses at night or indoors.

* You don't pick food between your teeth using a finger or in front of people. Do it in the bathroom.

* At night when you go to bed, the clothes you wore during the day should be folded & put away, not left scattered all over the floor.

* You don't stand up while other people are eating or disturb someone else while they're eating. Basically, no interruptions during mealtimes.

* A toothbrush is changed every 3 months.

* Your bedding (sheets & pillow cases) should be washed once a week.

* You don't leave the house without making the bed. A bed should be made daily, even if you're not going anywhere.

* You don't smack your lips or lick your fingers while eating.

5 Likes

Re: 19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew by Heavance(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
Number 1 isn't for Nigerians...

1 Like

Re: 19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew by Moveonmax: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
I don't do etiquettes because I forget. I just try to be nice cheesy
Re: 19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew by Ortintin: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
XhosaNostra:
I knew these, except for #14.

Allow me to add a few smiley

*Place a hand over your mouth when you cough, sneeze or yawn.

*Remove your hat when you enter the home.

* Don't wear sunglasses at night or indoors.

* You don't pick food between your teeth using a finger or in front of people. Do it in the bathroom.

* At night when you go to bed, the clothes you wore during the day should be folded & put away, not left scattered all over the floor.

* You don't stand up while other people are eating or disturb someone else while they're eating. Basically, no interruptions during mealtimes.

* A toothbrush is changed every 3 months.

* Your bedding (sheets & pillow cases) should be washed once a week.

* You don't leave the house without making the bed. A bed should be made daily, even if you're not going anywhere.

* You don't smack your lips or lick your fingers while eating.

Seems u are a master of etiquette

1 Like

Re: 19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew by meobizy(f): 4:10am On Jul 05, 2018
It's a good thing life is not a straightforward thing governed by strict rules. It's not so serious. I apply the ones I remember and discard the rest.

1 Like

Re: 19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew by Ortintin: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
meobizy:
It's a good thing life is not a straightforward thing governed by strict rules. It's not so serious. I apply the ones I remember and discard the rest.

Sure, u cant know all
Re: 19 Etiquettes Most People Wish They Knew by Solaodubi(f): 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hmm. Well i know half of these, Op tnx for the other half i do not know

(1) (Reply)

Home Made Food For Children (photo) / What The Rationale Behind Huge Burial Expense / A Friend Has Been Scammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.