Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,052 members, 7,973,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:51 PM

Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? (758 Views)

Does Religion Cause More Harm Than Good? / Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated / Does Religion Really Matter In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? by djeezy(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
I just cant figure this out; your posts are needed to make a change.
Re: Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? by VALIDATOR: 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
Because each religion claims to be the only true religion and that you should be intolerant of other religions because they are false and will cause you and your people to derail.
Re: Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? by lactemps(m): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2010
Simply because people focus on being Religious than practicing what the creator (God) has set for us to follow.

If you believe in God, practice what He says in his GUIDE BOOK: BIBLE rather than the Dogma or doctrines of men.
Re: Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
lactemps:

Simply because people focus on being Religious than practicing what the creator (God) has set for us to follow.

If you believe in God, practice what He says in his GUIDE BOOK: BIBLE rather than the Dogma or doctrines of men.
Are you serious? If i should start practicing what the good god in the bible said, i would be in asylum lockdown so fast, it will make my head spin. No, the "guide book" is the last book to read if one is looking for world peace.
Re: Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? by lactemps(m): 2:35am On Jun 10, 2010
Lol @ Jen U crack me up so hard hahahahahaha.
Reading the good Book as u said which I prefer to call Bible need the Holy Spirit to help us understand it, else it more like reading a newspaper.

Once the holy Spirit is invited to come and interpret, then be rest assured that peace will be kept.

Our problem is that we don't always ask for the Holy Spirits interpretation, we just go along with what the Preacher says.
Re: Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? by agathamari(f): 4:59am On Jun 10, 2010
exactly what VALIDATOR said, everyone thinks thier religion is correct and everyone else is wrong (as you can see above). that if your neighbor believes in something differnt somehow it will cause you to be doomed to hell or a lesser reincarnation or whatever
Re: Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? by DrKnow1(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2010
In most places where there are frictions between the different religious group, one thing is prevalent - The original indigenous cultural and religious beliefs of the natives have been jettisoned and replaced with other religions imported from other places in the world. These imports are often practised in a distorted ways; they are often misconstrued because they are alien to the cultural set up of that society. Christianity and Islam as practised in Nigeria are typical examples of religions that are completely in contradition with our cultural set up and that is why we keep having all these problems. Go to Britain where Christianity was imported to Nigeria, the Church of England will never ask its members to buy a private jet for the Arch Bishop neither will it ask the church members to bring 10% of their incomes as tithe to the church.Saudi Arabia is comparatively a peaceful place without the incessant skirmishes associated with our Muslim communities here in Nigeria. We need to go back to basic and start practising the religions of ou ancestors. I am not an atheist because I still believe in Obaluaye as my God.
Re: Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? by djeezy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
Wow! Absolute minds from y'all, i musta say i'm realy impressed;bravo!
Re: Why Does Religion Cause So Much War? by manmustwac(m): 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
because my religion is better than your religion and my religion is the right way while your religion should take the highway.

(1) (Reply)

World End Will Not Happen Anymore / Revelation! Revelation! Revelation! / Newsflash! Only Yoruba Escape The Great Tribulation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.