Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,215 members, 7,873,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? (6254 Views)

A Challenge For All Financially Unstable Guys / My Friend Is Dating My Little Sister / The Girl I Am In Love With Is Dating A Military Man Who Beats Her Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
We are still talking but I want to make her my Friday night paddy.
ibkayee:

I think she's pretty too, don't start stalking her though lol
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by ibkayee(f): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
DonPiiko:
We are still talking but I want to make her my Friday night paddy.
Just don't be creepy mate lol good luck
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Maxi112: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
DonPiiko:
We are having issues.

All right bruv, just asking, nothing serious.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
Colourich:
If its a challenge then you are dating the wrong person, dating should be fun filled.
No! Dating isn't supposed to be fun filled but duty filled. Don't get me wrong, I'm not insinuating you have to work yourself out In a relationship. My point is having the idea that dating should be fun filled is totally wrong. Dating should be for matured minds who are ready to accept, love, care, support one another to but a lasting relationship (Marriage ) and not to have Fun. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2018
Lool I won't be. I wish me well.
ibkayee:

Just don't be creepy mate lol good luck
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2018
It's all good.
Maxi112:
All right bruv, just asking, nothing serious.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Alariiwo: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
you're dating the wrong guys.
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by banre(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
MissRaine69:
Dating is supposed to be empowering. It’s supposed to make you feel good. It should be about two people, enthusiastically wanting to get to know each other and spend time together.

It’s supposed to make you feel good, add joy and fun to your life.
Am I wrong in thinking talking to/dealing with/dating/getting to know a person is what dating is all about but it seems making an effort that is now a waste of time. It’s all about jumping into the pool with no knowledge or sitting on it ...with the consequences coming later .

lol, who used you and didn't appreciate

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2018
Dating itself is a challenge! Accepting another person who is almost completely different from you into your life for a long period of time isn't an easy task.

But dating has become almost impossible these days because of the misunderstanding people have of it. To some dating is all about getting involved with whom you are attracted to. If only people master the act of taking a step back to observe whom they are attracted to before getting closer, we wouldn't have recycled bin of ex's we have these days.

To some Dating is about getting a girl to cook my food, warm my bed and pay my bills . So when they see someone who does these better, they leave to be with them.

To some dating is to have " someone to call mine". Now this is the most awkward but common reason of all. Dude! Girlie! No one is yours! Except the person wants to be yours. You have no power to own anyone's emotions.

Dating has also become almost impossible these days because people are no longer ready to sacrifice the love, time, patience, materials etc. People do not have faith and hope in one another, People do not want to fight for each other anymore. They prefer to move unto the next 'one' than to make it work with the present one. (A perfect example is Donpiiko who has decided to hook up with a fancy because he is having issues with his reality). Dating has became impossible because everyone wants love but no one wants to be love. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2018
MariaLavina why you mention me, I owe you undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by sacajawea: 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2018
Where do we start @op
We'll it can't really be Explained like that, but visit the Ashawo thread too see why, see reality
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
DonPiiko:
Maria Lavina why you mention me, I owe you undecided undecided
Read up and be enlightened. You can not owe me, We have no dealings. smiley
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Dacronym(m): 12:03am On Jul 07, 2018
Look at all your topics, Are you making money from this?
You don chop belleful abi undecided I No blame you
After they say the country is mourning
Give me Something make I take Stake sure games tomorrow
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 07, 2018
MariaLavina:
No! Dating isn't supposed to be fun filled but duty filled. Don't get me wrong, I'm not insinuating you have to work yourself out In a relationship. My point is having the idea that dating should be fun filled is totally wrong. Dating should be for matured minds who are ready to accept, love, care, support one another to but a lasting relationship (Marriage ) and not to have Fun. smiley
There is a different between dating and marriage, marriage is a different ball game altogether.
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 07, 2018
Colourich:
There is a different between dating and marriage, marriage is a different ball game altogether.
Lol, please read my response over again. To your opposition, If dating isn't intended to lead to something lasting (Marriage / Long term relationship ) Why date?
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 07, 2018
MariaLavina:
Lol, please read my response over again. To your opposition, If dating isn't intended to lead to something lasting (Marriage / Long term relationship ) Why date?
The thing here is, we all don't have marriage in mind while dating, if you keep having marriage in mind while dating, it becomes boring and you won't be free and expressive.
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by donjobill: 6:30am On Jul 07, 2018
Colourich:
The thing here is, we all don't have marriage in mind while dating, if you keep having marriage in mind while dating, it becomes boring and you won't be free and expressive.

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Stycon(m): 7:38am On Jul 07, 2018
MissRaine69:
Dating is supposed to be empowering. It’s supposed to make you feel good. It should be about two people, enthusiastically wanting to get to know each other and spend time together.

Am I wrong in thinking talking to/dealing with/dating/getting to know a person is what dating is all about but it seems making an effort that is now a waste of time. It’s all about jumping into the pool with no knowledge or sitting on it ...with the consequences coming later .

Yeah, it's supposed to and it could be. It's a phase in the forever journey where two people purposefully choose to get to know each other, build each other up...towards an end.

You are not wrong MissRaine69. It's Just that the process could get frustrated if the other party doesn't see it that way.
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 07, 2018
Colourich:
Quit the generalization, some people still have a clear understanding of what dating means.
To you dating is for fun, to some it isn't. smiley
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 07, 2018
MariaLavina:
Quit the generalization, some people still have a clear understanding of what dating means.
I like fun tongue.
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 07, 2018
MissRaine69:

My dear, time's have changed. I hate reminicing on the good ol' days but I do miss it. Genuine attraction, genuine smile, the way their eye's light up when they see each other. We will never experience that again, that smile, that enthusiasm, all gone ; (
Its one of the disadvantages of technology.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by PUSSYHOE(m): 10:08am On Jul 07, 2018
MissRaine69:

You have met all Nigerian girls to come up with that statement? There are many women who could argue the issue is with the men.
we both know no Nigerian lady is seeing just one partner at a time yet no Nigerian girl in history has ever agreed she is a hoe!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by romenna: 10:25am On Jul 07, 2018
LivingFree:
People want things out of a relationship and when they get what they want they leave. Relationships used to be about what you can offer and now it's about what it can offer you.
dear u r correct. Alot of pipo go into relationship wit a wrong mindset, a mindset to defraud the other party. Whoeva goes into any relationship empty handed is a fraudster wether male or female.
Some go into it with only their bodies, no single personal life achievement and expect to feed off their partner.
Fraud!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by jorion(m): 10:25am On Jul 07, 2018
fact is most girls don't know how to hustle n strive for success. they don't even know that it is a process that involves gradual and steady growth. When girls start placing more values on running a successful business rather than running down their partner's pocket in shoprite, then things might change. FYI, not all girls
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by romenna: 10:30am On Jul 07, 2018
Dacronym:
Look at all your topics, Are you making money from this?
You don chop belleful abi undecided I No blame you
After they say the country is mourning
Give me Something make I take Stake sure games tomorrow
aggressive begger
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by donjobill: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2018
MariaLavina:

Different strokes for different folks!
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by MissRaine69(f): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2018
banre:

lol, who used you and didn't appreciate
So every post has to have some personal story? You are incapable of thinking objectively or talking about what you observe around you?
If this is how you view life in general you have my sympathies.
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by MissRaine69(f): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2018
PUSSYHOE:
we both know no Nigerian lady is seeing just one partner at a time yet no Nigerian girl in history has ever agreed she is a hoe!
That’s your view your are entitled to it.
And I am certainly not in that category of yours. And I know many who are not as well. Whateever it is you are trying to justify with the name calling is generalisation and stereotypes . You are just one big ball of anger misplaced anger.
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by MissRaine69(f): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2018
Admin401:

My dear, time's have changed. I hate reminicing on the good ol' days but I do miss it. Genuine attraction, genuine smile, the way their eye's light up when they see each other. We will never experience that again, that smile, that enthusiasm, all gone ; (
Its one of the disadvantages of technology.
Depends on where you cast your fishing rod ....
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by MissRaine69(f): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2018
ZxN657:
Are you a sports bettor? Visit my signature.
No thank you
Re: Why Is Dating Such A Challenge? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 07, 2018
MissRaine69:

Depends on where you cast your fishing rod ....
That's the thing about catching fishes, you don't tell the sea what kind of fish to give you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Church Is Rotten!sex TAPE Of A Kamba PASTOR Having SEX With A Member(watch) / My Husband Is Asking Me To Him The Guys Number / This Is The Life Plan Of Every Woman Of The 21st Century!! [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.