Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,116 members, 7,887,240 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:28 AM

30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers (5767 Views)

Jesus Of Zimbabwe Dies After Fasting For 30 Day And 30 Nights / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Think Ur Way Back 2 Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by nuclearboy(m): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2010
^^^ Forgive me Inesqor, but whist I too am happy swords have been sheathed (I hope), I think the argument between the "Titans" has served this thread well and readers will glean knowledge from the exchange
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 11:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
Day 6:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Jesus Calls his Disciples (Luke 5:1–11; Matthew 9:9–13)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
Obedience From Love (Deuteronomy 11:13–21)

PSALMS
Faithfulness of God (Psalm 105, 119: 137–144, 146)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 6
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2010
@nuclearboy: You are right, bro. I was only concerned about possible major digressions! Thanks!!
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2010
Day 7:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Sermon on the Mount (Luke 6:17–46)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
Cycles of Disobedience (Judges 2:10–19)

PSALMS
Fear (Psalm 37, 49, 91)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 7
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 2:15am On Jun 20, 2010
Day 8:

A STUDY OF JESUS
A Centurion, a Widow’s Son and a Sinful Woman (Matthew 8:1–13; Luke 7:11–17; 7:36–50)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
The People Demand a King (1 Samuel 8 )

PSALMS
Glory of God (Psalm 19, 24, 29)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 8
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by Image123(m): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2010
Hello,
I was on Proverbs 8 where we read of the importance or praise of wisdom. I have a little question, I don't know if you could help. It's a little thing I think, because by His grace, I have the two/one. Was just curious, I don't remember where exactly, but I heard before that wisdom in Proverbs 8 is the Lord Jesus. Reading through 8, the attributes of wisdom aptly describes Christ, but on the other hand, I think Jesus created wisdom and not that they're the same. It's not a disturbing issue like I said, but if you had some clarifications, I'd be gladys.
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2010
@Image123: Thanks for your post, bro.

I believe the wisdom in Proverbs 8 is the wisdom of God, an insight into the application of His unparalleled enlightenment. This wisdom was the wisdom that was IN Solomon

1Ki 3:28  And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do judgment.

Jesus refers to the Wisdom of God, personified, as the one who sent the prophets and apostles

Luk 11:49  Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

1 Cor 1:21-24 teach that this Wisdom of God was ignored by men through the ages but eventually Christ was manifested as the Wisdom of God.

With reference to 1 Ki 3:28 above, what Solomon had a bit of, Jesus was the entire embodiment. As Christ said,

Mat 12:42  The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

In all, Proverbs 8 describes the Wisdom of God, that was fully personified in Christ.

Have a blessed Sunday!
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by Image123(m): 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2010
InesQor
Thanks a lot. It's clearer especially with 1 Corinthians 1. A blessed sunday to you too.
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by aletheia(m): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2010
@InesQor:
Great work here & may the Lord strengthen you. Have been visiting the thread sparingly of late. Making travel plans - off to the States.
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 7:26am On Jun 21, 2010
Image123:

InesQor
Thanks a lot. It's clearer especially with 1 Corinthians 1. A blessed sunday to you too.
You are welcome, bro. I am glad you found the post useful! May the week bring forth much fruit for you in Jesus' Name.

aletheia:

@InesQor:
Great work here & may the Lord strengthen you. Have been visiting the thread sparingly of late. Making travel plans - off to the States.
Thank you very much for the support, sir. As for your travel plans, the author and finisher of your faith has mapped it all out! The Lord is your keeper.
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 7:29am On Jun 21, 2010
Day 9:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Encounters With the Pharisees (Matthew 12:1–13; 22–45)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
Saul Fails and Is Rejected (1 Samuel 15:17–23)

PSALMS
God, Our Helper (Psalm 54, 115, 119:169–176)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 9
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by viaro: 8:28am On Jun 22, 2010
@InesQor,

Thank you for continuing the 30-day digest.

I like the post for Day 9 above: Encounters with the Pharisees. It reminds me of a study we had recently on 'Seeing the Big Picture'. While the Pharisees may argue 'that which is not lawful', they often are not aware about the substance of their argument - which was why the Lord showed them in Matthew 12 that it is in the same Law that the leaders (the priests) profane the sabbath are yet are blameless!

What's the 'big picture' there? Verse 6 - 'in this place is One greater than the temple'.

How often we miss this. Indeed, the Temple and all that occur there in service are important. But above that, the essential and most vital aspect of our spiritual relation and worship is often missed out. Sometimes I wonder where many Christians 'lost it' - it seems the buildings, public address systems (PAS), gadgets, etc have become prominent to such an extent that we lose sight of the One who is greater than all those things!

Christ is greater than the Temple - He is greater and more important than our edifices, empires, and all such things. I love the song: Heart of Worship - says it all, and how refreshing to hear and sing it again this morning.

God bless us as we come back to the most important part of our lives and worship: the One who is greater than the 'things' we emphasize these days.

[flash=380,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-snsXw1as&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by beneli(m): 10:44am On Jun 22, 2010
viaro:

What's the 'big picture' there? Verse 6 - 'in this place is One greater than the temple'.

God bless us as we come back to the most important part of our lives and worship: the One who is greater than the 'things' we emphasize these days.

Thanks Viaro. In this maze, which is our life's journey, it's so easy to get distracted by the pettiness of 'reason', 'logic' and the shadows cast by the embellishments of religion; when that which opens the portal of heaven, is but the simplicity of true worship.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/n/m/nmgtthee.htm
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2010
beneli:

Thanks Viaro. In this maze, which is our life's journey, it's so easy to get distracted by the pettiness of 'reason', 'logic' and the shadows cast by the embellishments of religion; when that which opens the portal of heaven, is but the simplicity of true worship.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/n/m/nmgtthee.htm

Thats one of my challenge since early march. I found it difficult to pray/study the bible outside sunday during service. I ve been discouraged by couple of things happening in both my physical&spiritual life. Even at that, im sure i will never become an atheist,muslim/worship idols if worse comes to worst. Seriously i need to be back on track. I help myself by going back to page1 of this thread. Shalom
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by beneli(m): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2010
^^^

I know what you mean.

Until you find your own 'relationship' with the Christ, a relationship that makes you understand in the matrix of your being that it's not so much about the things we do or try to do: the rituals of religion-the leaves that Adam uses to hide his unclothedness-but it's about what God has done for those of us who are imperfect, then the discouragement; the stumbling on and on, will continue. It is guilt that paralysis the most. The guilt of one that wants to walk with God, but finds himself, far from able. And it is only once we can learn to rise above that paralysing guilt (psalm 32.1) and embrace the redeeming grace of our Christ; only then can the process of redemption start. It is a process. That is my testimony.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-77812.0.html
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2010
@viaro and beneli: Wow. I totally agree with both of you! And that's one reason I try to be extra careful in my life of worship in recent times; there are many irrelevancies that try to cloud the core of a life that walks with God. Thanks for your enriching contributions to the thread! Please you are welcome to make further posts as the discussion progresses.

@toba: God bless you too, bro. In your walk with him, I wish you the speed and accuracy that only God gives!
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2010
Day 10:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Parable of the Sower, Weeds and Seeds (Matthew 13:1–43)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
Many Other Kings Fail (Jeremiah 1–17)

PSALMS
My Identity (Psalm 8, 139)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 10
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by KunleOshob(m): 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2010
@All
Until "christians" start imbibing and living by that commandment which Jesus repeated so often and declared to be his greatest commandment they haven't started the true christian walk. Christianity is not just about being "spiritual" + praise and worship, it is first and foremost about keeping christ's commandments.
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 2:02am On Jun 24, 2010
Day 11:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Jesus Calms the Storm and Later Walks on Water (Luke 8:22–25; Mark 6:45–56)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
The Sin of the People (Ezekiel 20:5–26)

PSALMS
Justice of God (Psalm 7, 26, 82)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 11
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2010
Day 12:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Jesus Heals a Man, Woman and Girl (Mark 5:1–43)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
An Eternal King Promised (Jeremiah 23:1–6; Isaiah 9:6–7; Zechariah 9:9–10)

PSALMS
Meditation (Psalm 119:9–16, 41–48)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 12
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by noetic16(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2010
why are the passages not coming with teachings?
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 10:59am On Jun 26, 2010
@noetic: Please furnish your own teachings to the scriptures, it would make for good discussion!

@OP: I apologize I missed my post for yesterday. I was seriously unable to come on to NL.
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 11:15am On Jun 26, 2010
Day 13:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Feeding of the 5000 (John 6:1–14)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
The Promised King Is Born (Luke 2:1–20)

PSALMS
Mercy (Psalm 13, 28, 86)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 13 and 14
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2010
Ah the christians find relative peace, good thing.
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 5:29am On Jun 27, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Ah the christians find relative peace, good thing.
@Chrisbenogor: Thanks! Your questions and / or contributions on the thread are also welcome!
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 5:32am On Jun 27, 2010
Day 14:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Peter Identifies the Christ and the Transfiguration (Luke 9:18–27; Luke 17:1–cool

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
The Word Became Flesh (John 1:1–18)

PSALMS
Music (Psalm 6, 149, 150)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 15
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2010
Day 15:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Healing by Faith (Mark 9: 14–32)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
Signs and Miracles of Authority (Matthew 9:1–8; Luke 13:10–17)

PSALMS
Nature (Psalm 50, 104, 147, 148)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 16
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
Day 16:

A STUDY OF JESUS
Teachings and Parables (Matthew 17:24—18:20)

GOD's BLUEPRINTS
Jesus Fulfills the Law (Matthew 5:17–20; Romans 8:1–4)

PSALMS
Peace (Psalm 23, 133, 119:161–168)

PROVERBS
Proverbs 17
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by eyzhvntsn: 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hello InesQor,

While I'm not a new believer, I enjoy study of the word. Would it be possible to have more light shed on Mark 9:29 from yesterday or am I too late?

Thanks.
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2010
eyzhvntsn:

Hello InesQor,

While I'm not a new believer, I enjoy study of the word. Would it be possible to have more light shed on Mark 9:29 from yesterday or am I too late?

Thanks.
Thanks and welcome, eyzhvntsn. Truly, eyes haven't seen, and ears haven't heard what God has in store for you, Amen.

Mar 9:29 And He replied to them, This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer and fasting.

What I understand from this scripture is that the disciples were used to seeing Jesus just approach a demon-possessed person and order it out of him at a command. This was an act of faith in God, and they did the same. Now, while this would work for some demons, it would not work for some kinds (maybe due to the demon's hierarchy or spiritual authority in wickedness?). For those ones, Jesus explained that you must have soaked yourself in prayer and fasting before-hand, and the overflow of that anointing is what will enable the breakthrough.

It's like preparing for an exam when you don't know the date, as opposed to just waiting for the exam date to be announced and trying to crash-read on that morning, like the disciples tried casting out the demon right there without having properly cooked themselves before-hand.

Jesus was used to spending quality time praying and fasting, far from all the crowds, and so he could order the demon out by faith-on-demand; faith empowered by previous prayer and fasting.

Mat 14:23 And after He had dismissed the multitudes, He went up into the hills by Himself to pray. When it was evening, He was still there alone.

Stay blessed!
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by eyzhvntsn: 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^Thanks InesQor. I have heard an interpretation of the same account in Matt 17:20-21 that ties in with what you have said.

Matt 17: 20-21

20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

The interpretation to that was vs 21 was refering to the part in bold, in other words where there is faith, anything can be moved. And just as you've said, prayer and fasting are part of the things that help develop one in faith in order for there to be as you said, 'faith on demand'.
Re: 30-day Back-2-basics Bible Digest >>> Viaro, Aletheia, &other Christian Teachers by InesQor(m): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2010
Thanks for the extra context, eyzhvntsn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / Does Your Pastor Sit In A Bigger Chair On The Altar / Iwe Orin Mimo On Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.