Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,576 members, 7,905,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:21 AM

Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup (1341 Views)

FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) / 155 Nigerians Stranded In Russia After World Cup Return Home(photos) / Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by Opinionated: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
By Ola‏ @firmhigh

This is for Nigerians who came to Russia with a Fan ID and want to use this as an opportunity to stay behind by force.

It’s not very pretty but it’s the truth.

Fan ID is not a visa. It was only created by the Russian government to enable football fans come to Russia and watch the game and go back home without any immigration and visa problems.

The Nigerian embassy or government can’t help you here and you can’t change your status if you have fan ID.

If you stay beyond 10 days after the World Cup, you have automatically converted yourself into an illegal immigrant.

You can NOT get a job in Russia without an official, legal residency permit. No Russian company will risk paying a million Rubles in fine or getting closed down.

Russian winter is coming – I can confirm to you that it is a very harsh one. And a Russian detention/deportation camp is the worst place any human can be during the winter. It is really horrible.

There are already several Nigerians stranded, some are already at the detention camps, all crying out for help. This has already created overwhelming problems for the Nigerian Embassy and Nigerian Community here.

If you or any other Nigerian World Cup fans you know are stranded or have issues with tickets, there is a fix. The Russian authority provided a flight through Turkish airline, leaving this evening (12th), from Sheremetyevo Airport, Moscow. You must have your Fan ID and passport.

Go to this airport Terminal A, ask any immigration office to point you to the World Cup Volunteer’s stand. Tell them you are a Nigerian and you are ready to return home.

The Russian government has done their best. They have an “Operation Sweep” commencing 10 days after the World Cup. They will sanitize their streets and rid it of any illegal World Cup lurkers. Knowing the Russian government and policing system, I can tell you they have big brooms and sweep well.

I think today’s flight is the last. But if you sincerely want to go back but you miss the flight for today 12th (before you become illegal), see what I think you can do below.

Contact family and friends back home to raise funds for the ticket. Beg them if you have to, don’t do fine boy. One day beyond your legal limit can take all your fine boy away. One day on the streets of Moscow in winter can kill you.

Start a crowd-funding stuff online – a genuine one. Don’t go fooling people if you don’t intend to travel back. Provide Fan ID and other info to prove you’re stranded and intend to go back. There are generous Nigerians out there willing to help.

You can still contact, write or visit the embassy in Moscow to find out if there’s something they can do – NO GUARANTEES once this provided plane leaves. IT’S AN ADVICE! I DON’T WORK FOR THE EMBASSY, I JUST KNOW PEOPLE WHO DO. I CAN’T GIVE GUARANTEES ON THEIR BEHALF.

Remember the keywords though: “operation sweep”, big broom, fantastic sweepers, cold winter, detention camp, freeze like mad. GO HOME and come back the right way if you really want to live abroad.

Source: Must Read: Advice for Nigerian Football Fans that Want to Stay in Russia after the World Cup

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by Opinionated: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nigerians, it is not by force to travel.

This rubbishing yourselves globally is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by bedspread: 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
Abeg abegLets shift this Advice to the FRONT PAGE .. we need to Help our Brethren over der now before we begin to Hear Stories that Touches the Heart....

Make nobody blame Buhari for this one ooo

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by Munzy14(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
people searching for green pastures, when we have all it takes to be world class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by bewla(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
let's c
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by bewla(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
Munzy14:
people searching for green pastures, when we have all it takes to be world class.
listing to Adekule gold song more
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by chimaobikanu(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by femmoy(m): 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
bedspread:
Abeg abegLets shift this Advice to the FRONT PAGE .. we need to Help our Brethren over der now before we begin to Hear Stories that Touches the Heart....

So who is to be blamed for this? If he puts the country in order, what would people be looking for upandan? How many Germans, French or even South Africans have u seen struggling to move out in search of a greener pasture?
I guess u are one of the brain-washed people that support him but don't worry it will soon dawn to you...
Shior
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by femmoy(m): 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Munzy14:

Yes we have it all to be world class but did corruption allow our useless leaders to properly put things in their right places?
A question to ponder on.
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nigeria World cup fans don cast cheesy
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by Jorussia(m): 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
Sometimes i just wonder the way we disgrace ourselves in this country.This issue was thoroughly addressed here on this forum before the commencement of the world cup. sometimes i ask myself Na we just come suffer pass for the whole world?Let us always learn to respect ourselves.
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by igwe44(m): 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
I believe the guys spent at least 1.5 million each to get there,if their plan was to look for a greener pastures then they must be sick in the brain. Some people in Nigeria are looking for 500k to 1m to Start a business. You must not to travel out before you become rich.

3 Likes

Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by salford: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2018
I am guessing the Russian winters are just as brutal as the Canadian winters if not more brutal. Frost bites and amputation things.
I do not understand why some people like illegal stuffs.
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by onatisi(m): 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2018
Been stranded in Russia is an experience capable of destroying someone's life totally. If one becomes stranded in Russia as an illegal immigrant he or she will wish he was never born.
Russians are very hostile when it comes to issues like this ,all their smiles and warm attitude is because of the world cup, immediately the world cup is over ,all those smiles will vanished and be replaced with stern hostile faces

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by good4all40: 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
I don't know what is wrong with our people a good Samaritan created a thread like 3 months or thereabout before the commencement of the World cup, and gave a very stern warning and was very explicit about the danger of absconding after the game but VOILA!! my countrymen will never heed to life saving and simple advice it's extremely disheartening to see people l share same country with in this inhumane condition l pray you get solution asap because the inescapability of death during Russia winter having no where to stay is mightily apparent. Please stop the fine boy and solicit for help even from your enemies if you have to, l Pray you get aid soon.
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by maclatunji: 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2018
bedspread:

I agree.

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Must Read: Advice For Nigerian Fans That Want To Stay In Russia After World Cup by maclatunji: 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
good4all40:
I don't know what is wrong with our people a good Samaritan created a thread like 3 months or thereabout before the commencement of the World cup, and gave a very stern warning and was very explicit about the danger of absconding after the game but VOILA!! my countrymen will never heed to life saving and simple advice it's extremely disheartening to see people l share same country with in this inhumane condition l pray you get solution asap because the inescapability of death during Russia winter having no where to stay is mightily apparent. Please stop the fine boy and solicit for help even from your enemies if you have to, l Pray you get aid soon.

I am really tired of the trend. People will just spend a lot of money and energy to become nuisances in a foreign land.

Let nobody bring that crap about no opportunities in Nigeria. No opportunities, yet you had money to travel illegally. #Rubbish

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

US Immigrant Visa Applicants Undergoing Administrative Processing. Let's Talk. / Hong Kong Visa / Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.