Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:34 AM

We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce (23922 Views)

Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet / Buhari Has Reduced His Vote By Himself - Islamic Prophet / "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by clemz85(m): 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
This is like when Japan introduce electronic and digital wrist watch, they turned it down but regrets it today,

The same with when the Wright Brother said that heavy and metal objects can fly,

Small minds laughed at them,

Stupid Governments and stupid citizens
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by wizsolzy(m): 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
Is anybody from his constituency here... Is is this man fairing over there..
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
mokt:

This man sense don mix with the old senators, they have turned him to ziombie

I believe you. Lol.

I can't believe a Nigeria senator will suggest such thing. I have over 10 sim cards at home.

To support my candidate during election, I can buy and own 500 plus.

These men are just useless. Nothing good can ever come from them. I believe this one will also contest for president in future
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by kezbaba19(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
what is wrong with dis man's brain?
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by boiz2men(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
wht he could have sad was we shoukd vote by bvn or nin. i believe blockchain can help solve election malpractice

1 Like

Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by Sluvist(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2018
You see where this man become short of senses. Then, INEC will use Facebook to verify identity, abi. Olodo!!
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by ikevictor: 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
How can you vote via text with the issue of one person using multiple lines? Stolen phones? Central lines?

We voted in person you people rigged the election, na text message go safe?

Next thing now PDP will buy 300million MTN lines on the night before election, while APC will buy 460 to beat the record.

#Ndiara
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by zabuur: 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
This is the first time I'll react to this senseless common sense being. This is d easiest way of buying votes. All you have to do is just gather people together, collect their phones and send texts on their behalf before and after paying them.
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by mokt(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ekitimadman:

I believe you. Lol.

I can't imagine a Nigeria senator will suggest such thing. I have over 10 sim cards at home.

To support my candidate during election, I can buy and own 500 plus.

This men are just useless. Nothing good can ever come from them. I believe this one will also contest from president in future
I will just buy the whole Glo lowkey beging dey vote.
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by egoldman(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
BVN would hv been the best, but the penetration is still not deep enough.
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by DemolaUnbias(m): 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2018
Yes
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by BafanaBafana: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2018
Dumb, foolish and assnine. You can't just pull out an idea from your nyash and call it common sense. How about those who don't have phones? And if Mike Adenuga has a preferred candidate?
And you don't think dead people also had registered lines?
Behave Oga Sinater
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by frowland(m): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2018
Eggcelent:
Good Idea.

However, It Has Its Downsides

1. Not All Adults Own Phones;

2. Some Who Own Phones Didn't Register Inserted SIMs In Their Names;

3. If This Is Implemented, Phone Theft Is Likely To Increase Couple Of Days To Election;

4. In Event Of Need To Recount Votes, How Will We Go About It;

5. Finally, It Doesn't Really Stop Vote Buying. All A Political Party Needs To Do Is Send Town Criers To Each Ward Announcing That It Has Freebies For Willing Electorates At A Particular Venue On Day Of Election And All You Need To Get The Freebies Is To Come With Your Phone.

Simply Stated, It's A Good Idea. However, It Needs More Critical Thinking If It Will Work

Seems you and the senator dont think properly.
If you want to use phone voting to cut out vote buying, then what makes you think that vote buyers wont communicate with me and make sure I vote their candidate then I get alart? Easy, no police to arrest or harass both the buyer and the seller.
Infact this nonsense idea will even make vote buying escalate.
Increase the standard of living of the populace and see vote buying fade away with time.
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by kenex4ever(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2018
bjayx:
A lot of folks v more than two lines while below 18 also do.
you don't get it.

The age shows when you register, so under age can't vote, they will b screened out. Data used to register the lines are usually the same, whether glo or mtn.
So you can be detected if u double vote.

Some people with inferiority complex would say, why have America n other countries not done it if it is possible. I say, lets start it and they learn from us in future, we have working brains too
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by Justinah4real(f): 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hemanwel:
INEC will be like:

"To vote APC for Change, text LIE to 419"

BTW:

When you have a mod like mynnd44 openly supporting APC/FG, the result is that more B M C posts will be seen while anti govt posts will be hidden

Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by saltoasis: 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
flex04:
He has come with his complex common sense

He thinks he is working with brainards see this man o

How do you expect them to steal ballot boxes... mind yoursef ooo

Buhari and co- [img]https://media1./images/65ad080952d0f43d2d9549e5fd8428b9/tenor.gif?itemid=8036016[/img]

if dem come do am like U.S own that you can see poll-counting life online, they go spoil market for people o
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7408468_img20180711202611481_jpege8eacd58b80ed573848c9804138a23e1
what's the title of this movie showing Taraji Henson. I would like to watch it
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by sexdoll: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
sometimes, common sense is not just common even among those who think they are making sense.

you wan make dem begin use multiple voting to dey rig election anyhow abi?

sir, see make i tell you, you no get common sense at all...
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by sabrohmp: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
well, that is an opinion let check the positive and negative side of it, then we will give you a reply.
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by Powerengr(m): 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
This is another wishful thinking just to stay relevant on twitter without putting into considerations the pros and cons like; is it everybody that still have active line among 100 million users? Is everybody that has a phone that can send a text message? There are so many aged people who have phones just to answer call when it rings but have PVC.What is the probability that desperate politicians will not connive with network providers to hack the lines/rig the election?

1 Like

Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by jaxxy(m): 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
flex04:
He has come with his complex common sense

He thinks he is working with brainards see this man o

How do you expect them to steal ballot boxes... mind yoursef ooo

Buhari and co- [img]https://media1./images/65ad080952d0f43d2d9549e5fd8428b9/tenor.gif?itemid=8036016[/img]

if dem come do am like U.S own that you can see poll-counting life online, they go spoil market for people o
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7408468_img20180711202611481_jpege8eacd58b80ed573848c9804138a23e1

Common sense won't tell him dat Nigerian senators are the richest senators in the world collecting too much money beyond wat is reasonable.
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by sabrohmp: 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
grin
sexdoll:
sometimes, common sense is not just common even among those who think they are making sense.

easy bro grin
sexdoll:

easy bro
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by haykaybabatunde(m): 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
see me see trouble o, na that one go they easy self. as in oga take this 5000 naira oya vote for my side now b4 I comot
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2018
abumeinben:
Good question.
Infact, a common sense question.
A very good way to syncronize NCC and INEC database.

So... someone from Niger republic who buys MTN at Ojuelegba can vote abi? U needs slap
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2018
abumeinben:
Good question.
Infact, a common sense question.
A very good way to syncronize NCC and INEC database.

So... someone from Niger republic who buys MTN at Ojuelegba can vote abi? U need slap
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by adaifx: 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
Since the required age of voting is by attaining the age of 18 years. I think the government should mandate all citizens who has reached the age of 18 to open a bank account and the bvn will be used as social security number. It can also be used for electronic voting too
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2018
pweshboi:
Very dumb, I hope senator Bruce hasn't forgotten he's in Nigeria. We always look for backdoors and loopholes to legitimate things. Moreover it won't work cos one person has up to 2 to 3 lines. And sometimes registered with different names. In fact I've started thinking of so many ways to beat this system if it were to be in play. That's how easy and dumb it'll be to even think of voting this way.
if banks could develop the bvn tech
why can't ncc develop a tech to link diff network lines to same owner?
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by lexyman(m): 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2018
this idea is a nice idea , it can work ... but alot has to be done , their must be physical registration of the people above 18 . it is a very good idea , and it can work
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by bigsmoke2(m): 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
This guy doesn't have sense even the most advanced counties still require physical presence . Voting by text even makes it easier to rig ode. There will be alot of coersion of voters. It will be easier to buy peoples votes as they will be there with you while you cast your votes. There will also be a lot of voting by proxy.
Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ejimagift:
Had PDP won Ekiti this loud mouthed Agama lizard senator won't remember the number of phone lines in the country. Why not recommend voting by twitter since that is your constituency. Yeye man
savage! No tiwa

1 Like

Re: We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
He didn't make sense this time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twitter Ban: FG Develops Code Of Conduct For Facebook, Instagram / Fayemi Revokes Shop Allocations, Orders Refund / Buhari Reconstructs Ikeja Military Cantonment Buildings Damaged By Bomb Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.