Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,413 members, 7,917,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 10:23 PM

Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" (2269 Views)

Israel's new helmsman: Profile of PM Naftali Bennett / Armed South African Protesters Ask Foreigners To Leave / 7 Important Facts You Should Know About Jerusalem, Israel’s New Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
I have lived, schooled and even setup shop in the north , so what are you telling me ? Yes , parts of the north are unstable; no doubt about that . But that does give you the right to generalize.

The north is the north.!
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 2:43am On Jul 21, 2018
Bethor:

The north is the north.!
The north is the north Dude! You're generalizing, stop it !
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Nobody: 3:06am On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
The north is the north Dude! You're generalizing, stop it !

Where You out of this world when one of their House of Rep member came to the hallow chambers in front of live camera and told Nigerians and the entire world that God created them to value cow more than human beings?

Well the topic is not even about Nigeria but Isreal and the Arabs who claim to own the land Isreal is living on today...

So it's better we discount Nigeria and her teeming wahala from the topic under discussion...
Peace..!!
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by ChristianNorth: 7:34am On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
I have Muslim friends, and I can tell you this in all confidence : not every Muslim is a potential terrorist . What you should have said is : every true Islamic extremist , is a potential terrorist.
You have friends, so do I.

Those people you call Islamic extremist are the ones carrying out allah's injunction while the ones you call moderates, are the ones disobeying koran.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2018
ChristianNorth:

You have friends but I am a Northern Christian. Those people you call Islamic extremist are the ones carrying out allah's injunction while the ones you call moderates, are the ones disobeying koran.
I too am a northern Christian, and I have seen instances where Muslims came to the rescue of Christians. As for those who promote violence among the Muslim faithful, they are the extremist who are being swindle by politicians for political gains .

1 Like

Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
Put your religious sentiments aside and face the facts here : History is in the past ; so let it remain in the past . This is here and now ; it is wickedness to deny these Arabs of their right to lay claims on Israel . PEACE !
Pls don't get me wrong, I am just wondering if I hv a right to lay claim to Holy Mecca just because I was born n raised there?
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

Pls don't get me wrong, I am just wondering if I hv a right to lay claim to Holy Mecca just because I was born n raised there?
Brother , there are basically three ways of claiming citizenship anywhere in the world : by birth , by naturalization and by marriage . Since you said you were born and raised in Mecca, then, you have a claim .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

Brother , there are basically three ways of claiming citizenship anywhere in the world : by birth , by naturalization and by marriage . Since you said you were born and raised in Mecca, then, you have a right to lay claim .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 8:39am On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
Brother , I live in the north ...where do you live PLEASE? Oh , let me guess . You're a southerner who does not even know where the north is located talk more of experiencing the life here !
I am a southerner born n raised in d north, my father was given birth to in the north, he met n married my mum who was also given birth to in the north, so I can state authoritatively that there is nothing like religious extremism in d north, what you see happening in the north in terms of violence is a testament of who they truly are and they have support and coordination from high places.
I have also seen and heard of a northern man dat told his friend that in the event of conflit, his Christian friend will be d first to taste his blade and truly he did it. I knw u are familiar with this Hausa adage "son kaji ba zai hana mai shi yanka".
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 8:47am On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

I am a southerner born n raised in d north, my father was given birth to in the north, he met n married my mum who was also given birth to in the north, so I can state authoritatively that there is nothing like religious extremism in d north, what you see happening in the north in terms of violence is a testament of who they truly are and they have support and coordination from high places.
I have also seen and heard of a northern man dat told his friend that in the event of conflit, his Christian friend will be d first to taste his blade and truly he did it. I knw u are familiar with this Hausa adage "son kaji ba zai hana mai shi yanka".
I thank God that you used the words " support and coordination ". From your post , it is clear that those behind the killings are politically motivated to do so . But does that mean the entire populace is into the habit ? No.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 8:54am On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
I thank God that you used the words " support and coordination ". From your post , it is clear that those behind the killings are politically motivated to do so . But does that mean the entire populace is into the habit ? No.
Bro politically motivated or not, 4 parents 2 allow n encourage their ward to perpetrate such heinous atrocity only shows complicity, there are even instances where elders cheer rampaging youth on.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 8:55am On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
Brother , there are basically three ways of claiming citizenship anywhere in the world : by birth , by naturalization and by marriage . Since you said you were born and raised in Mecca, then, you have a right to lay claim .
Pls don't get me wrong, I did not say I was born n raised in Mecca, I only infered.
You might not want to knw dis, but d truth is you are not considered one if u r not one.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 9:28am On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

Bro politically motivated or not, 4 parents 2 allow n encourage their ward to perpetrate such heinous atrocity only shows complicity, there are even instances where elders cheer rampaging youth on.
That is true , but everything still boils down to politics . Some years back(in the PDP era),Dr Mauzu Babangida Aliyu was declared governor for the second time. This enraged some politicians in the state , who then employed the chief Imam of Bosso mosque ,to mobilize youths to destroy and burn public utilities: the chief Imam would point at posters , billboards , and even shops belonging to Igbo business men and his army of rampaging youths would set them ablaze. But who was gaining in all this? It is the politicians ! The politicians know that once there is unrest in a particular place , security forces will be deployed , and also funds to repair damaged utilizes would be released by the government. Thus embezzlement occurs .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

Pls don't get me wrong, I did not say I was born n raised in Mecca, I only infered.
You might not want to knw dis, but d truth is you are not considered one if u r not one.
That is the mentality putting Nigeria, and the black race in bondage. We should change our mindset so as not to allow this trend of tribalism and ethnicity eat into the very fabric that unites us as a nation .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
That is the mentality putting Nigeria, and the black race in bondage. We should change our mindset so as not to allow this trend of tribalism and ethnicity eat into the very fabric that unites us as a nation .
It is not just about Nigeria, all over the world what we have here in Nigeria as tribal sentiments is regarded as racial discrimination. So if u r not 1, u r not 1.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
That is true , but everything still boils down to politics . Some years back(in the PDP era),Dr Mauzu Babangida Aliyu was declared governor for the second time. This enraged some politicians in the state , who then employed the chief Imam of Bosso mosque ,to mobilize youths to destroy and burn public utilities: the chief Imam would point at posters , billboards , and even shops belonging to Igbo business men and his army of rampaging youths would set them ablaze. But who was gaining in all this? It is the politicians ! The politicians know that once there is unrest in a particular place , security forces will be deployed , and also funds to repair damaged utilizes would be released by the government. Thus embezzlement occurs .
And where they not cheered on by Northern elders? Do u remember d when Isreal invaded Lebanon, are u aware that it caused civil unrest in major northern cities in Nigeria? Are u also aware of the movie dat was made in France Blaspheming d prophet Mohammed, it led to serious civil unrest in Northern Nigeria, what about the civil unrest of 2011, or the more recent one that happened in Kano where a woman was beheaded in broadday light simply because she denied her neighbours of using the front of her shop to perform abullution, n d most painful thing that happened afterwards was that a court of law discharged and aquitted the killers or is it the preacher dat was beheaded in Suleja? The people that carried out this killings where never terrorist neither were they fulani herdsmen, they are all neighbours of d victims and they where not only protected by the Northernresult, they where applauded. Bro d list is endless
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

It is not just about Nigeria, all over the world what we have here in Nigeria as tribal sentiments is regarded as racial discrimination. So if u r not 1, u r not 1.
So what are subscribing to ?
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
So what are subscribing to ?
The Palestinians are not Jews and should not be regarded as Jews likewise the Isrealis are not Palestinians neither are they arabs and should not be regarded as Palestinians or Arab. So it's only fair they (Israelis) enact a law that states with certainty who the Jews people are.
I believe that the Palestinians have a right to their own state that they can be loyal to, u don't expect to be loyal to 2 parties do u? You can either be loyal to one and disloyal to the other.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

And where they not cheered on by Northern elders? Do u remember d when Isreal invaded Lebanon, are u aware that it caused civil unrest in major northern cities in Nigeria? Are u also aware of the movie dat was made in France Blaspheming d prophet Mohammed, it led to serious civil unrest in Northern Nigeria, what about the civil unrest of 2011, or the more recent one that happened in Kano where a woman was beheaded in broadday light simply because she denied her neighbours of using the front of her shop to perform abullution, n d most painful thing that happened afterwards was that a court of law discharged and aquitted the killers or is it the preacher dat was beheaded in Suleja? The people that carried out this killings where never terrorist neither were they fulani herdsmen, they are all neighbours of d victims and they where not only protected by the Northernresult, they where applauded. Bro d list is endless
Extremism is extremism ; what happened in northern Nigeria happens all over the world . Or have you forgotten that there are Christian militia groups like LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) who tend to portray evil every now and then ? Or how about Ireland(before the split ), were catholics and protestants were tossing bombs each other ? Would you then say these groups are innocent and are not inclined to extremism ? No .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

The Palestinians are not Jews and should not be regarded as Jews likewise the Isrealis are not Palestinians neither are they arabs and should not be regarded as Palestinians or Arab. So it's only fair they (Israelis) enact a law that states with certainty who the Jews people are.
I believe that the Palestinians have a right to their own state that they can be loyal to, u don't expect to be loyal to 2 parties do u? You can either be loyal to one and disloyal to the other.
The nation of Israel gained independence in 1948 , but prior to that , Palestinians were dwelling there , in fact, they were not just dwelling , they sleeping there ; eating there and even doing business there ! So why should the Zionist, wake up all of a sudden and demand that these people leave the land? Secondly , it is wrong for Israel, to pass a laws which solely recognizes Jews as legitimate citizens and marginalizes other non-Jewish people (Palestinians) .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
The nation of Israel gained independence in 1948 , but prior to that , Palestinians were dwelling there , in fact, they were not just dwelling , they sleeping there ; eating there and even doing business there ! So why should the Zionist, wake up all of a sudden and demand that these people leave the land? Secondly , it is wrong for Israel, to pass a laws which solely recognizes Jews as legitimate citizens and marginalizes other non-Jewish people (Palestinians) .
Yes go and read about the conquest of Jerusalem 1815 or 1845 not so sure about the year, then u will knw who the original owners of Jerusalem is, don't try to paint your way around the fact that the state of Israel is d eternal state of the Jewish people.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

Yes go and read about the conquest of Jerusalem 1815 or 1845 not so sure about the year, then u will knw who the original owners of Jerusalem is, don't try to paint your way around the fact that the state of Israel is d eternal state of the Jewish people.
I shall ask you a question: does it make sense (in this modern era) to throw people out a land they have been occupying for more than 100 years? Please be sincere in answering.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
Extremism is extremism ; what happened in northern Nigeria happens all over the world . Or have you forgotten that there are Christian militia groups like LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) who tend to portray evil every now and then ? Or how about Ireland(before the split ), were catholics and protestants were tossing bombs each other ? Would you then say these groups are innocent and are not inclined to extremism ? No .
Do you know dat it was Obama that used the word "Extremist" 2 rationalise the irrational behaviour of dis murderer's? And like you claimed that catholics and pentecostals where tossing bombs at each other is a great lie, also it wasn't a between Pentecostals n Catholics, it was btw d Anglican UK and the Catholic Ireland. I know a lot about the IRA militia and what they fought for. Today do u still hear of I.R.A? Pls do not misinform the public simply coz u want to prove a non existent point.
The L.R.A u made mention of never received the support of christians not even locally nor internationally. The only country dat assisted LRA was d Sudanese govt as a pay back to the Ugandan government. So bro your argument is not justified.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
I shall ask you a question: does it make sense (in this modern era) to throw people out a land they have been occupying for more than 100 years? Please be sincere in answering.
And I will answer you with a question, "just 48 hours after Isreal was declared as a State by the United Nation the League of Arab Nations decided to invade the state of Israel with a goal to annihilate the entire jewish people, is it fair to d state of Isreal?
But let me not be a blackman who answers question with question, sincerely speaking, if I take something that belongs to u coz I am more powerful than you, it's only wise you build yourself up to be able to evict me when you are strong enough. So it is fair, very fair
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

Do you know dat it was Obama that used the word "Extremist" 2 rationalise the irrational behaviour of dis murderer's? And like you claimed that catholics and pentecostals where tossing bombs at each other is a great lie, also it wasn't a between Pentecostals n Catholics, it was btw d Anglican UK and the Catholic Ireland. I know a lot about the IRA militia and what they fought for. Today do u still hear of I.R.A? Pls do not misinform the public simply coz u want to prove a non existent point.
The L.R.A u made mention of never received the support of christians not even locally nor internationally. The only country dat assisted LRA was d Sudanese govt as a pay back to the Ugandan government. So bro your argument is not justified.
Before commenting , why not do a bit of research into what I said, hmm? How much do you really know about the LRA? Yes christians would dissociate themselves from such ; it is the normal thing to do when wrong is being done .But are you aware that the fundamental principles that governed them(The LRA) stemmed from the Bible and the laws of Moses? Their extremist views led them to into kidnapping , pillaging and in some cases the raping of women(this is a fact you can easily get from Wikipedia if you want! ) . Two, whether it was in the past or present , one thing still stands : Protestants and Catholics in Ireland did toss bombs at each other . There is an excerpt of a magazine which gives details of how a Girls' Catholics school , was attack on the 6th of September ,2001. If you want me to send the link, all you need to do is ask! Peace .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

And I will answer you with a question, "just 48 hours after Isreal was declared as a State by the United Nation the League of Arab Nations decided to invade the state of Israel with a goal to annihilate the entire jewish people, is it fair to d state of Isreal?
But let me not be a blackman who answers question with question, sincerely speaking, if I take something that belongs to u coz I am more powerful than you, it's only wise you build yourself up to be able to evict me when you are strong enough. So it is fair, very fair
Please my post carefully. Because it seem this post ours is talking about the era where neanderthals and barbarians walk the earth without impunity .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by ChristianNorth: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
I too am a northern Christian, and I have seen instances where Muslims came to the rescue of Christians. As for those who promote violence among the Muslim faithful, they are the extremist who are being swindle by politicians for political gains .
There is no extremist in Islam. All are terrorists.
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
ChristianNorth:

There is no extremist in Islam. All are terrorists.
If all Muslims were terrorist then you would have long been dead .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
Please my post carefully. Because it seem this post ours is talking about the era where neanderthals and barbarians walk the earth without impunity .
1948?
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Blacknight28: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
Before commenting , why not do a bit of research into what I said, hmm? How much do you really know about the LRA? Yes christians would dissociate themselves from such ; it is the normal thing to do when wrong is being done .But are you aware that the fundamental principles that governed them(The LRA) stemmed from the Bible and the laws of Moses? Their extremist views led them to into kidnapping , pillaging and in some cases the raping of women(this is a fact you can easily get from Wikipedia if you want! ) . Two, whether it was in the past or present , one thing still stands : Protestants and Catholics in Ireland did toss bombs at each other . There is an excerpt of a magazine which gives details of how a Girls' Catholics school , was attack on the 6th of September ,2001. If you want me to send the link, all you need to do is ask! Peace .
No matter how much you try to make a point, you are still not making any. In d case of Ireland, pls tell me if any Muslim was caught in the crossfire deliberately? Give me just 1 Christian state that is a known sponsor of terrorism or encourage their actions? N in d case of d LRA that u claim profound knowledge of, pls can you state with evidence any Christian state that offered them aid or encouraged their actions? To the best of my knowledge, Christiandom condemned their actions even the Holy Father (Pope) spoke against them, so also notable men of God, their plot to solicit help from Christaindom hit a brick wall from the start, so no matter how hard you try to associate Christianity with terrorism, you argument will never hold water.
#peace
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:

No matter how much you try to make a point, you are still not making any. In d case of Ireland, pls tell me if any Muslim was caught in the crossfire deliberately? Give me just 1 Christian state that is a known sponsor of terrorism or encourage their actions? N in d case of d LRA that u claim profound knowledge of, pls can you state with evidence any Christian state that offered them aid or encouraged their actions? To the best of my knowledge, Christiandom condemned their actions even the Holy Father (Pope) spoke against them, so also notable men of God, their plot to solicit help from Christaindom hit a brick wall from the start, so no matter how hard you try to associate Christianity with terrorism, you argument will never hold water.
#peace
Brother , our discussion is on extremism; not the defamation of Christianity or Islam . Extremism is something that is common to every group , religion and race .
Re: Israel's New "Nation-state" Law Makes Arab Citizens "Permanent Foreigners" by Shelumiel: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blacknight28:
1948?
No

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World’s Largest Gay Mass Wedding Holds In Brazil [see Photos] / Russia Dey Collect Hot Hot / Wikileaks: Clinton, Obama, Soros Overthrew Pope Benedict In Vatican Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.