Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,187 members, 7,970,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:39 PM

Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? (4662 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) / What Do U Feel Bout This Couple #be Sincere Oh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by Chief2B(m): 7:40am On May 18, 2006
Sometimes it can't be avoided. When we bought our house, the bank would not finance it with my wife on the deed( because of her lousy credit score). I had no problems getting it financed but the only problem is the wife is not on the ownership paper. Now I can go to the Lawyers office and get a document drawn up donating half ownership to her in the event something happens to me. This might would work in your friends situation if all parties agree.
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by GL(f): 3:45am On May 22, 2006
ono:

I'm not surprised, I know Lady GL will come to the rescue and wield the magic wand and everything will be alright.

Madam, you too much. God bless.

But I didn't get that story you described up there very well.

Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by ono(m): 1:45pm On May 22, 2006
GL:

Well, OK, as in you're surprised at my entry up there? But you've stated what should pacify everyone. Marrying for love, and getting the parties concerned to be privy to all the properties owed by them. I think that's good enough.
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by charleson: 2:01pm On May 27, 2006
[b]what does it profile a man if he kill th[/e all world and loses is own life.b]
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by Coco29(f): 1:20pm On May 30, 2006
that is why i love living in the west. could you imagine being a wife to a man for god knows how long, only for his family to take every thing that you rightfully worked yr ass of for! when he came home you were the one cooking and cleaning, so you worked just as hard hell, there would be some blood shed up in there am telling u.
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2006
thanks all for yr contributions
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by sammyjl(f): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2006
I dont think so. Thats why ya'll ladies gotta go to school and get educated so ya'll can have your own things. What if the man decides one day he doesn't want her anymore, where is she gonna go next. She must think about all this consequences.

Nowadays like in my country there are threeoptions in marriage:

1. You stay with what you have I stay with mine and whatever I buy is mine.
2. We share our things (in community of property)
3. Whats mine is mine and whats yours is yours (out of community of property)

Marriage is so complicated. I'd choose the first option. But than I always ask this question, who's going to buy the stove,[color=#770077] the bed, the fridge, those very important things but only one can be used?
lol undecided[/color]
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by Busta(f): 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2006
Nope, why can't it be in both their names?
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by Mystique(f): 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2006
I believe the property should be in both thier names, afterall, dats wat marriage is all about init?
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by iice(f): 11:02am On Dec 24, 2006
Both names, if they want to do separates, one can have something in his name, other can have something in her name
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2006
they can have majority in both names,and and have minority in individual names.
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by harvey(m): 10:00am On Dec 27, 2006
@ThoniaSlim

i agree with you on this.properties like cars should be on individual name.other assets should be in joint names.
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by sammyjl(f): 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2007
shocked Its a big mistake she's making, things could turn around anyday and where will she end up. She gotta think about this first.
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2007
If they live here in the states the man's assets are automatically hers in death and they share it in divorce but in Naija and our non existence laws,she's in danger.
she needs to wisen up,this is 2007
Re: Should Every Property Owned By A Couple Be In The Husband's Name? by frankiriri(m): 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2007
I beleive in the concept of joint and individual properties. Properties that she is using like her car will be in her name even if I paid for it. While some others will have both our names i.e Mr & Mrs Lagbaja on it. I will also make will leaving all the residue of my property to her or my Kids so that at any point in time she can lay claim to them if I die

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sombody Wants To Spoil My Joy. Guys, Is This Fair? / Married Men and Flirting / Babashola Rhodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.