Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,323 members, 7,881,189 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:07 PM

So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! (4275 Views)

AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries / Turai, Terminally Ill; Also, Real Cause Of Yar'adua's Death Revealed - Wikileaks. / Primate Olabayo Predicts Yar'adua's Death! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2010
In as much as i was a core critic of late president Umar Yar'adua's final days due to how his illness saga was handled while he was away in Saudi Arabia and his arrival in Aso rock before his death. One fact we couldn't take away from late Yaradua is the fact that he was a really honest and prudent president.

My greatest regret after his death was the fact that we lost a gem who atleast in terms of prudent and sensible spending of the nation's resources.

Well all that is history as the Federal Executive Mafia currently lead by the Don Goodluck who appears to have turned the National Treasury into a Basket of useless and senseless waste of funds. If not how would you explain the purported budget of 10 billion Naira to celebrate 50 years of corruption within the Country Nigeria.

The recent denial of the reports that Yaradua actually budgeted 64 Million alone for the celebration may have been true but we all know the president we had in the person of Yar'adua while he was alive. I knew that man very well from his early days as the Governor of Kastina state. He would never in his right thinking senses have approved the wasteful budget of 10 Billion naira to celebrate 50 years of hardship for the masses.

Lastly for all those agitating that Don Goodluck seems to be the only answer to 2011, I wish you all good luck after all  your pres. Goodluck  Jonathan is proving to be good luck to only his family and the bunch of thieving executives at the Federal, State and Legislative level.

RIP Yar'adua ,
You'll never know the value of what you have until you've lost itundecided
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by afrobaby(f): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2010
nigeria, when will thou be saved?
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
When we agree to collectively get rid of these corrupt bas.tards in power angry
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by desgiezd(m): 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2010
I also criticized Yar Adua and the way his sickness was handled but that man would never have been a party to this wasteful venture, never!

It is still very fresh in our memories How Yar Adua threatened to cancel Nigeria's hosting of Youth Football in 2009 when a budget of #34billion was presented to him. He slashed the budget to #9 billion, though #12 billion was eventually spent on the tournament but Nigeria saved #22 billion that would have gone into private pockets just as a greater part of this #10 billion would end up in private pockets.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2010
desgiezd:

I also criticized Yar Adua and the way his sickness was handled but that man would never have been a party to this wasteful venture, never!

It is still very fresh in our memories How Yar Adua threatened to cancel Nigeria's hosting of Youth Football in 2009 when a budget of #34billion was presented to him. He slashed the budget to #9 billion, though #12 billion was eventually spent on the tournament but Nigeria saved #22 billion that would have gone into private pockets just as a greater part of this #10 billion would end up in private pockets.

May Allah continually guide you for this piece ! grin
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2010
The Minister of Information stated very clearly yesterday, that IT WAS YAR ADUA's people that created the 10 billion budget DURING Yar Adua's time.
Rumour mongering is a terrible thing.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by desgiezd(m): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2010
^^^ Are we saying this figure can not be slashed or adjusted?

Moreover, we knew that Yar Adua was no longer in control before he went to Saudi so this may have been
done in his name. Too bad for the Yar Adua people that created that budget because now they have lost out and have
succeeded, albeit unwittingly, in creating a chop-chop avenue for new power brokers.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
desgiezd:

^^^ Are we saying this figure can not be slashed or adjusted?

Moreover, we knew that Yar Adua was no longer in control before he went to Saudi so this may have been
done in his name. Too bad for the Yar Adua people that created that budget because now they have lost out and have
succeeded, albeit unwittingly, in creating a chop-chop avenue for new power brokers.

I don't know what the case is, or how and where the money is to be spent; so I can't say if its over budgeted or not. However, I know it isn't moi-moi to organise security, fly jet fighters and all the other stuff they do during the match past. We can neither defend nor point fingers until all facts are known; afterall, it is the govt itself that has let out the info voluntarily, we didn't ask for it.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2010
Beaf:

I don't know what the case is, or how and where the money is to be spent; so I can't say if its over budgeted or not. However, I know it isn't moi-moi to organise security, fly jet fighters and all the other stuff they do during the match past. We can neither defend nor point fingers until all facts are known; afterall, it is the govt itself that has let out the info voluntarily, we didn't ask for it.

I knew that some will justify their brothers decision to spend such a whooping amount of money celebrating God knows what ! Any way i have clearly stated that this man is only good luck to himself and his immediate family and friends,
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2010
^
Is he not your brother too? Or are you sad that our other brother planned it and you are now a rumour monger?
Charlie, spreading false rumours is second only to theft. Stop it.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
Beaf:

^
Is he not your brother too? Or are you sad that our other brother planned it and you are now a rumour monger?
Charlie, spreading false rumours is second only to theft. Stop it.

What else will you say, its not a far North Issue so you will not be against it. By the way this ain't a rumor but my candid opinion that if Yar'Adua were to be alive till date we would not be lavishing such an amount of money on a dumb celebration !

Please take note, By the way if you guys claim that Yaradua's men prepared the budget of 10 Million which i still find hard to believe.Is Jonathan's hands now tied to reduce the proposed wasteful spending ?

Speak the truth and set your soul free angry
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
hatch#:

What else will you say, its not a far North Issue so you will not be against it. By the way this ain't a rumor but my candid opinion that if Yar'Adua were to be alive till date we would not be lavishing such an amount of money on a dumb celebration !

Please take note, By the way if you guys claim that Yaradua's men prepared the budget of 10 Million which i still find hard to believe.Is Jonathan's hands now tied to reduce the proposed wasteful spending ?

Speak the truth and set your soul free angry

Isn't Yar Adua from the "far North"? Don't make make me laugh.

Anyways, long and short is, it was Yar Adua and his people that budgeted that money. Blame Yar Adua for the amount, if you are looking to blame someone,
but if you don't know exactly how the money is to be spent; it would be best you find out. Independence ceremonies can never be cheap; find out first if the amount is justified before waxing hysterical.

What far North issue are you talking about anyway? That Yerima the paedophile married a child? You're funny.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Akanbiedu(m): 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2010
Beef and hypocrisy. inseparable!
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

Beef and hypocrisy. inseparable!

I am sure you baffle yourself.
Point is, you guys are blaming Jonathan for something Yar Adua did. A bit strange, isn't it?
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
But Jonathan could have in his WISDOM reduced the amount IF it was of that amount and IF he truly wanted to. So, why can't we blame Jonathan, who is the current president for letting the excess CONTINUE?  Isn't it all too convenient to continue blaming the DEAD GUY when the current president had chances to change things but REFUSED TO?
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by redsun(m): 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
Why should any sane government waste money celebrating mediocrity,ignorance thuggery,looting and the abject suffering of her people?

But who ever said jonathan is in any way different from other prominent PDP thugs and looters?
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by buffox: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2010
Beaf:

Isn't Yar Adua from the "far North"? Don't make make me laugh.

Anyways, long and short is, it was Yar Adua and his people that budgeted that money. Blame Yar Adua for the amount, if you are looking to blame someone,
but if you don't know exactly how the money is to be spent; it would be best you find out. Independence ceremonies can never be cheap; find out first if the amount is justified before waxing hysterical.

What far North issue are you talking about anyway? That Yerima the paedophile married a child? You're funny.

Damn, we must have been 'hercules' to get through all these years of not spending N 10 billion each time we have to celebrate 'nothing'!

Besides, she didn't say the Yar'adua administration budgeted N 10 billion, she said a committee was set up by the late president headed by the SGF to come up with a comprehensive budget, and the projected amount by the committee would be released 'in due course'! *I wonder why it has become sacred. . .
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2010
buffox:

Besides, she didn't say the Yar'adua administration budgeted N 10 billion, she said a committee was set up by the late president headed by the SGF to come up with a comprehensive budget, and the projected amount by the committee would be released 'in due course'! *I wonder why it has become sacred. . .

It's funny how a dead man is still blamed for the purported 10 Billion to be lavished on some ish all in the name of celebration. This is outright hypocrisy that stinks to the high heavens. Thieving Governments are never to hard to identify ,
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by xterra2(m): 8:38pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=14pt]Okay now people[/size]
@desigedz -Thnx for the Post
@hatch#-Yea true
@Beaf- its okay to support Jonathan,you have shown you are his biggest fan here, Yaradua is a man with wisdom and with strict financial discipline of our resources, example of desigedz sais above is good
But keep that away,This is true In Government especially Nigeria "dont believe anything untill it is denied by the government" remmeber this,
Obviously,Information ministers and other members of the cabinet who are appointed by the C-in-C would not say something that will tarnish his image or ghenerate a public outcry they MUST and ARE doin and WILL say anything lieing even,that will reduce the public outry and petitiona dn all those shit,
They must make sure the president is to be believed that he is good.
now yaradua is dead,they can accuse him of anything afterall,they dead cant talk
Secondly,IF(notice my emphasis on if) he is a good leader as he is specualted to be,he ought to reduce it, obviously he cant but y?Cause he is a bad leader and a bad manager of our treasury he wil just pack and go, he will not bring change
Beaf,i appreciate your love of your man Jonathan,i do but he is no saint an evil man,a bad leader we can say he is, thats just the fact!And tell him to tell his wife or tell his wife to return the $13.5 million she stole from bayels + N104 million, thats even abuse fo power as first ladIES are unconsitutional and havae no power over a state treasury but she dubai woman obviosuly did! Jonathan you shll go back to Bayelsa May 29 2011,not Aso rock, Corrupt Bastard!
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by xterra2(m): 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2010
WHere i said pack and go i meant chop and go
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2010
Sometimes i suspect that Beaf may even be goodluck jonathan under a screen name. Giving the manner he tries to justify some really stupid moves he makes
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by MRMoneyE(m): 9:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
Jonathan is another joker, just wait and see he has noting to offer rather day the normal delay tactics
excuses and lack of time to build mansion for every nigerians,
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by 190: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2010

Breaking News!,

A new mental sickness has just been discovered by
Neurosurgeons. It is called KAITAISIS. It affects the victim's ability
to think right or make right judgement especially when it matters most.
Victims often confuse the game of soccer for a karate session. Its derived from the new word KAITA

Kaita - A term that describes a temporary but catastrophic loss of mental competency. See also amnesia.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
We have put the Nigeria vs Greece match behind us.Kaita may have been intoxicated but I doubt if is anything compared to that of those in govt that are spending N10 Billion on a senseless celebration.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by OAM4J: 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
Imagine what N10B can do in other sectors, like Health, Education, infrastructures etc.

And some people want to lavish thIS amount on celebration of 50yrs of failure.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
my [b]g[/b]uy [b]j[/b]ust got less than 8 months to go.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by PapaBrowne(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2010
@Hatch
I agree with you oh. 10 Billion is a humongous waste to pour on a 50th Birthday that we have nothing to show for.

However, to call Yar Adua a prudent saint on financial matters is something I would disagree with you on,

For two reasons:
1) The Julius berger contract for the Abuja Runway. That contract has been reduced from  about 88 Billion to 49 Billion without the quality of the project being affected.
2)The Abuja Airport road project which is been done for N257 Billion.

The corruption involved in these two projects alone would supercede any corruption Ibori and Odili combined can accomplish in their lifetime.

I think though that Jonathan should be man enough and slice that budget rather than send Akunyili to start pointing fingers at Yar Adua
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by dplordx(m): 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2010
Johnathan Goodluck my backside. Isn't he just another corrupt criminal who is still dazed with so much power and money at his control.
At least, no northerner ever went totally crazy and declared he would spend 10billion naira for a meaningless celebration.
Come 2011, I would hold my nose and vote any decent person running against this disgrace of a young man.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by CarlosVent(m): 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
JESUS I STIL CANT BELIEVE DIS.
DO DEY WANT TO WAKE ANY 1 UP FROM DEATH?
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
Beaf will always see anything ''jonathan'' as good.how do you justify spending a whooping #10 billion on common party?
i dont yaradua would have acted in this stu.pid manner if he was alive.this has really showed the naivety of some region to effectively rule this country.na wao,everybody wan produce president,they get am finish they dey mess up
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by SkyBlue1: 12:09am On Jun 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Beaf will always see anything ''jonathan'' as good.how do you justify spending a whooping #10 billion on common party?
i dont yaradua would have acted in this stu.pid manner if he was alive.this has really showed the naivety of some region to effectively rule this country.na wao,everybody wan produce president,they get am finish they dey mess up

What a silly, childish, patronising and condescending statement to make, the cheek and audacity of it all. I don't know why I actually expected a little better from you.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 2:58am On Jun 18, 2010
^^ Another pro Jonathan soldier !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What I Told Mend Commander Before Agip Bombing – Anthony, Ndlf Spokesman / The State Of FG Rehabilitated Roads In Your Area / Idoma People Disown Biafra, Warn Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.