Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,357 members, 7,881,310 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:25 PM

So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! (4276 Views)

AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries / Turai, Terminally Ill; Also, Real Cause Of Yar'adua's Death Revealed - Wikileaks. / Primate Olabayo Predicts Yar'adua's Death! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 3:38am On Jun 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Beaf will always see anything ''jonathan'' as good.how do you justify spending a whooping #10 billion on common party?
i dont yaradua would have acted in this stu.pid manner if he was alive.this has really[b] showed the naivety of some region to effectively rule this country[/b].na wao,everybody wan produce president,they get am finish they dey mess up

How desperate can you get to say something so so foolish? shocked A grown man?
No need to be racist against the ND, if (as usual grin)you have nothing to say.
Shame.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 3:41am On Jun 18, 2010
hatch#:

Sometimes i suspect that Beaf may even be goodluck jonathan under a screen name. Giving the manner he tries to justify some really silly moves he makes

Yes o! Make you begin fear de kain SSS I fit release! grin
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 3:54am On Jun 18, 2010
These South South peeps sef !
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Rhino3dm: 5:45am On Jun 18, 2010
@ beaf.
You can see how stupidity has be clouded your sense of judgement. And what more can you get from 'far south' than bunch of useless 'incest'. I know the next stage is to start sleeping with your mothers. God forbid!. 'Phil ben' pregnating his 12 yrs old daughter.what about those pedo.phile catholic priest. Pathetic!.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 6:18am On Jun 18, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

@ beaf.
You can see how stupidity has be clouded your sense of judgement. And what more can you get from 'far south' than bunch of useless 'incest'. I know the next stage is to start sleeping with your mothers. God forbid!. 'Phil ben' pregnating his 12 yrs old daughter.what about those pedo.phile catholic priest. Pathetic!.

What a dunce, your first statement on the thread and you can't even address the topic? Instead you are waxing tribalistic? Damn!
No wonder Boko Haram has members! grin
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Rhino3dm: 8:17am On Jun 18, 2010
@ beaf.
I can see dat 'beaf' is very rotten dat can only be fed to rabies affected dogs!. You did not see anythin wrong when you jump out of the issue at hand and started making general statement against the people of the 'far north'. i quess by now you learn how to remain in your lane. Grande casso!
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Okpurhe: 8:50am On Jun 18, 2010
I dont kno abt u guys but i found this.

Govt denies increasing Golden Jubilee budget
By Vincent IkuomolaPublished YesterdayNewsRating: Unrated
From: Vincent Ikuomola and Gbenga Omokhunu, Abuja, and Bisi Oladele, Ibadan.

The Federal Government yesterday denied that the proposed N10billion budget for the celebration of the nation's 50th Independence anniversary was jacked up from N62million by President Goodluck Jonathan. A paper reported yesterday that the N62million budget was initially approved by the late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua.

But the government said the N10billion, was proposed by the committee set up by the late president to celebrate the Golden Jubilee.

According to the Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, who briefed reporters yesterday, there was no single truth in the story as there was no initial budget for the celebration.

The said N62million, she pointed out, was specifically budgeted for the usual low key independence celebration and not for the Golden Jubilee celebration. The amount, she said, was for three ministries: Information, Police Affairs and Interior.

The minister added that there was no budget approved by the former president for the Golden Jubilee celebration.

Explaining the circumstances that led to the controversial N10billion budget, Mrs Akunyili said it was the late president who set up a committee headed by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Alhaji Ahmed Yayale, to draw up a comprehensive Golden Jubilee anniversary celebration programme and appropriated budget for the celebration when he realised that there was no budget for it.

She also promised that a detailed breakdown of the budget as submitted by the committee would be released in due course.

Also yesterday, the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) expressed displeasure that Dr Jonathan’s administration is planning to spend about N10 billion to celebrate the nation’s independence anniversary.

ANPP, in a statement by the Party’s National Publicity Secretary, Emma Eneukwu, said proper attention should be given to power, which is the pillar of development in any society, adding that over the years, government has paid lip service to this particular sector which has helped in crippling the manufacturing sector and millions of small scale businesses.

Former Minister of Petroleum, Prof. Tam David-West, also criticised the N10 billion budgeted by the Federal Government.

David-West, who spoke in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital yesterday, described the budget as wasteful, saying it is a misnomer in a country where millions of jobless graduates are roaming the streets.

According to the Professor of Virology, the huge sum can fix part of the problems in the major sector such as power or education, adding that it can as well be used to revitalise the health sector.

He said: "Spending N10 billion on a mere celebration is completely out of place in a country that is itching to borrow more money to attend to ailing sectors of the economy. That could have done something to create job opportunities for many of our graduates who are roaming the streets, supply drugs to hospitals or even fix the education sector."

Link:
http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/50147/1/Govt-denies-increasing-Golden-Jubilee-budget/Page1.html
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2010
Beaf:

How desperate can you get to say something so so foolish? shocked A grown man?
No need to be racist against the ND, if (as usual grin)you have nothing to say.
Shame.
Sky Blue:

What a silly, childish, patronising and condescending statement to make, the cheek and audacity of it all. I don't know why I actually expected a little better from you.
if you think i cant question jonathan for his excesses,you guys are mistaken.first,he sent 62 senators to south africa;he's to travel to G8 with 200 delegates despite the fact that he's just an observer and next thing,we would be throwing a party with a whooping 10 billion naira and you are telling me he's capable of ruling effectively.you guys should be sincere for once.jonathan is incapable!!!!
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by wazobiang: 9:45am On Jun 18, 2010
please check your facts well. if you know how govt works you will know that such budgets could hardly have bee approved recently. it most likely was approved by yar'dua administration. but i am sure the man never knew about it or was fooled into aproving it. That is if it stands fully approved and the funds have been released for disbursement.

govt doesn't work like your pocket. there are processes. i believe the time jonathan came is was too short for that approval.

haba! are you saying that we started preparing for our 50th anniversary just a few months to the even? comon, that budget was approved by yar'dua administration. period.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by namski(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2010
Shame Nigeria!
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by OAM4J: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2010
wazobia-ng:

please check your facts well. if you know how govt works you will know that such budgets could hardly have bee approved recently. it most likely was approved by yar'dua administration. but i am sure the man never knew about it or was fooled into aproving it. That is if it stands fully approved and the funds have been released for disbursement.

govt doesn't work like your pocket. there are processes. i believe the time jonathan came is was too short for that approval.

haba! are you saying that we started preparing for our 50th anniversary just a few months to the even? comon, that budget was approved by yar'dua administration. period.

You are the one that need to get the facts

The N10b, is part of the supplementary budget that has just been sent to National assembly less than a month ago.

Ten billion naira will be spent by the Federal Government to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Nigeria’s independence in October. This was the highlight of the N639 billion naira Supplementary Appropriation Bill that President Goodluck Jonathan sent to the National Assembly for approval yesterday. (June 1st, 2010)

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19850:n10bn-voted-for-50th-year-party&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by ahmedoo(m): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2010
i am beginning to loose confidence in goodluck. it seems he is no different from the others,
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by sizzlers(m): 11:22am On Jun 18, 2010
ahmedoo:

i am beginning to loose confidence in goodluck. it seems he is no different from the others,
i cant buy that, gudluck is a good man but that dosent make him a saint but atleast he's better that ,
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by SkyBlue1: 11:25am On Jun 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Beaf will always see anything ''jonathan'' as good.how do you justify spending a whooping #10 billion on common party?
i dont yaradua would have acted in this stu.pid manner if he was alive.this has really showed the naivety of some region to effectively rule this country.na wao,everybody wan produce president,they get am finish they dey mess up

You either missed the point of my post because you have a tendency to do so, or perhaps on purpose. Was simply drawing attention to the ethnic chauvinism that is so glaringly apparent in your post. In retrospect I over reacted because I should really expect no different from such a staunch supporter of rotational presidency (even if flawed and not taking all ethnic groups into account) and quota system, so why did I even expect different? What on earth does the following statement mean?

this has really showed the naivety of some region to effectively rule this country.na wao,everybody wan produce president,they get am finish they dey mess up

What nonsense? So what do you want? A medal for acknowledging Goodluck (a Nigerian citizen) as president of Nigeria? 'The naiveté of some region to effectively rule the country'? WOW. Don't even bother answering because I really don't think I should even bother replying to your posts or joining issues with you because it would probably be a wasted effort, my bad, I apologise. Have a nice day.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by sizzlers(m): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2010
not nigeria but those fraudulent politician
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by merge(f): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2010
Spend that MONEY grin grin grin
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by koolboi(m): 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2010
abokis do not want the south/christians to rule even tho the north generates nothing for the economy
yar adua was busy most of the time perpetuating his hausa/islamic agenda and did nothing good for nigeria
he branded the revolutionist of the niger delta militants(dats already a minus for him) these people own the resouces
yet it is the southerners/christians that end up antagonizing each other while the north propagate their hegemony
wat a pity
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by hatch: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2010
koolboi:

abokis do not want the south/christians to rule even tho the north generates nothing for the economy
yar adua was busy most of the time perpetuating his hausa/islamic agenda and did nothing
he branded the revolutionist of the niger delta militants(dats already a minus for him) these people own the resouces
yet it is the southerners/christians that end up antagonizing each other while the north propagate their hegemony
wat a pity

It is very obvious that you have some ax to grind with the North,its written all over your post.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Fhemmmy: 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2010
Nigeria will rise one day
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

@ beaf.
I can see dat 'beaf' is very rotten dat can only be fed to rabies affected dogs!. You did not see anythin wrong when you jump out of the issue at hand and started making general statement against the people of the 'far north'. i quess by now you learn how to remain in your lane. Grande casso!

This is why they say, the black man's biggest problem is reading! If only you had read through the exchanges between hatch# and myself, you would have seen where he asked my about the "far North" and I very naturally obliged. But you only "see" what you want, isn't it?
Olodo tribalist basket brain like you! grin grin grin

Instead of you people to be serious about life, you're running around blaming Jonathan for Yar Adua's suplimentary budget which was signed by whoever was signing things with the hands of a dead man. Talk of misplaced priority. Basket brain! grin
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Fhemmmy: 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2010
Beaf:

This is why they say, the black man's biggest problem is reading! If only you had read through the exchanges between hatch# and myself, you would have seen where he asked my about the "far North" and I very naturally obliged. But you only "see" what you want, isn't it?
Olodo tribalist basket brain like you! grin grin grin

Lol . . . Small Small oh
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Godalone(m): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2010
10 Billion is too much,Uncle Joe needs to reduce it to 1/10th of that figure or even lesss. Anyway, he has less than 10 months to go back to his village. What a wasteful President !
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2010
Sky Blue:

You either missed the point of my post because you have a tendency to do so, or perhaps on purpose. Was simply drawing attention to the ethnic chauvinism that is so glaringly apparent in your post. In retrospect I over reacted because I should really expect no different from such a staunch supporter of rotational presidency (even if flawed and not taking all ethnic groups into account) and quota system, so why did I even expect different? What on earth does the following statement mean?
What nonsense? So what do you want? A medal for acknowledging Goodluck (a Nigerian citizen) as president of Nigeria? 'The naiveté of some region to effectively rule the country'? WOW. Don't even bother answering because I really don't think I should even bother replying to your posts or joining issues with you because it would probably be a wasted effort, my bad, I apologise. Have a nice day.
you havent answered my question.''is jonathan fit to be our president based on his spending spree tendency ?'' Yes or no
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 1:52pm On Jun 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

you havent answered my question.''is jonathan fit to be our president based on his spending spree tendency ?'' Yes or no

You haven't answered your own question as to why you are so shamelessly racist against the Niger Delta. A grown up man! Why?
These are you disgraceful words, they can make Satan convulce;

~Bluetooth:

i dont yaradua would have acted in this stu.pid manner if he was alive.this has really[b] showed the naivety of some region to effectively rule this country[/b].na wao,everybody wan produce president,they get am finish they dey mess up
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2010
Beaf:

You haven't answered your own question as to why you are so shamelessly racist against the Niger Delta. A grown up man! Why?
These are you disgraceful words, they can make Satan convulce;

my comment is based on my analysis of jonathan's government.he's doing nothing other than wasting money and that was why i made that comment
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by wizo: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2010
Guys, instead of saying no northerner has ever spent such amount of money on celebration, y not wait until the budget for the celebration is out. What if the Bro Joe decides to give scholarship and empower both the unemployed youths and aged people? Remember as head of govt. you take both the blame and the praise, if yar'adua set up a planning committee to this effect and they came up with 10b and you think its not right then he should take the blame. Remember the amount for the RENOVATION of Abuja airport runway? about 63.5b!  A news paper called it "RUNWAY OF FRAUD"

Somebody asked if Jonathan is fit to be our president or not. Pls which of the past leaders from the NORTH has ever been FIT to lead nigeria?
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

my comment is based on my analysis of jonathan's government.he's doing nothing other than wasting money and that was why i made that comment

You made a racist comment based on your "opinion" of one man? shocked
I am amazed.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by jmoore(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2010
we know who the liars are? stop getting news from newspaper

Dora Akunyili said that 10 billion was never budgeted by Goodluck Jonathan
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by OAM4J: 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2010
jmoore:

we know who the liars are? stop getting news from newspaper

Dora Akunyili said that 10 billion was never budgeted by Goodluck Jonathan

But she didnt deny it was presented by Jonathan less than 3 weeks ago as part of the supplementary budget.

Yes, Yardua set up the committee that drew the budget, but Jonathan presented it to the National assembly because he agreed with the budget.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by SkyBlue1: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

~Bluetooth:

i dont yaradua would have acted in this stu.pid manner if he was alive.this has really showed the naivety of some region to effectively rule this country.na wao,everybody wan produce president,they get am finish they dey mess up

I could go on and discuss wether Jonathan is fit to be president of Nigeria or not but that was not the reason for my post at all and you know it but as usual would want to divert attention, the part in bold is what I was responding to but you would choose to feign ignorance just to save face. I will not indulge you and would certainly not oblige. Please just ignore my posts and don't feel the need to respond to them, just move on. I am not interested in having exchanges with you. Have a nice day.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2010
Beaf:

You made a racist comment based on your "opinion" of one man? shocked
I am amazed.
beaf.let us be sincere with ourselves.would you have lavished 10 billion on a common party amidst poverty in every corner of nigeria.if you can do that,then i wont retract my comment and until then,my generalisation of niger deltan based on one man stands.
Re: So So Sad ! Yar'adua's Death Paved Way For This N10 Billion Madness ! by Beaf: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

beaf.let us be sincere with ourselves.would you have lavished 10 billion on a common party amidst poverty in every corner of nigeria.if you can do that,then i wont retract my comment and until then,my generalisation of niger deltan based on one man stands.

Who is begging you to retract your comment. If as a grown man, you can't tell right from wrong, who am I to butt in? Am I your dad?
You claimed to have made a terrible racist comment because of your flawed opinion of one man. I am amazed.

Please cut the to and fro. I really am not interested.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia Gives Condition For Military Aid To Nigeria. / Igbo VS Yoruba: Reno Omokri Reacts To Bail Variation Of Sowore / IPOB Members Clashed With Nnamdi Kanu Over New Biafra Redesigned Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.