Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,753 members, 7,875,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:40 AM

See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress (37225 Views)

Who Is Out Of Reality In Terms Of Minimum Wage: FG Or Chatgpt ? With Snapshots / How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. / See Where Southeast States Rank In Economy Due To Sit-at-home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
OkutaNla:

What is your basis for arriving at such a conclusion? I mean where is the data to support that statement of yours, because the datas below frim telecoms companies actually indicate/strongly suggest that Ogun state is already FAR more populated than Anambra.

Well, according to the last census, Anambra was more populated than Ogun. Only Lagos and Oyo from the SW were more populated than Anambra. Sure, the 2006 census was a sham (MASSOB agitations led to massive boycotts in the SE around the time), but even if Ogun is more populated (which is highly possible considering the massive influx of residents and businesses from Lagos), I doubt it is by that large a margin.

2 Likes

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by totit: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
OkutaNla:

What is your basis for arriving at such a conclusion? I mean where is the data to support that statement of yours, because the datas below from telecoms companies actually strongly indicate that Ogun state is already FAR more populated than Anambra.

The dude have actually corrected himself. I guess his use of English get leg.

Here is his response after correcting the same quote you responded to :

No, I just didn't understand your intention. I suggested it is a joke to say Ogun has more lines and internet subscribers than Lagos, and you sent me a link supporting my point. I couldn't make out whether you were confirming my statement or trying to refute it.

I guess him English nah briton grin
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by OMANBALA1: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2018
Has Osun paid workers yet?
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by OkutaNla: 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Well, according to the last census, Anambra was more populated than Ogun. Only Lagos and Oyo from the SW were more populated than Anambra. Sure, the 2006 census was a sham (MASSOB agitations led to massive boycotts in the SE around the time), but even if Ogun is more populated (which is highly possible considering the massive influx of residents and businesses from Lagos), I doubt it is by that large a margin.

Did you hear yourself? Lol. Look, you are free to retain your 'doubts' even in the face of facts, but that will only expose your bias and irrationality. I just showed you verifiable and credible data from the telecoms industry that is perhaps the closest thing to an accurate estimate of the current population spread in the country in the absense of an official and recent census. And until and unless you can back up your doubts with some concrete data, don't come on a forum like this and make bold statements that call your intelligence into question. undecided

9 Likes

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by mcyemite(m): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
Everything written about Ogun state in this article is a big fat lie!!!

I don't know about other states but Ogun state is the direct opposite of Lagos despite sharing borders with it.

I don't know if the state government is paying this people to write all these.. How can they say Ogun state has more internet user than Lagos.. ?

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Light1259: 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2018
Wow, I can't believe my state ranked in a good position.
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Corrinthians(m): 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
wristbangle:
Ogun - Good in Industrialisation, Education and Agriculture. Electricity and Road infrastructure needs to be improved.

Osun is known for good road, electricity supply and Education. Just welfare of the people is the major challenge.

Lagos ticks all the boxes except for poor waste management and urgent road rehabilitation.

Nice analysis if I must say. Anambra appears to be doing well in some sectors.
Very good analysis I must say, unfortunately, instead of constructively debating or discussing the stats, watch our lazy friends and layabouts turn it into another tribal dîck measuring contest.
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by bestviewer: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
Anambra always leading the pack and growing so fast.

LOL..@ danfo and okada states, these are the worthless and useless states.

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Corrinthians(m): 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
OkutaNla:

Did you hear yourself? Lol. Look, you are free to retain your 'doubts' even in the face of facts, but that will only expose your bias and irrationality. I just showed you verifiable and credible data from the telecoms industry that is perhaps the closest thing to an accurate estimate of the current population spread in the country in the absense of an official and recent census. And until and unless you can back up your doubts with some concrete data, don't come on a forum like this and make bold statements that call your intelligence into question. undecided
Great retort my brother. It is high time we improved the quality of discourse around here. Let us insist on credible facts with source and not some emotionally induced mumbo-jumbo.

4 Likes

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by bestviewer: 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
Partaker:
How can i become anambran?, ebonyi always disgraces me. Just negodu ebe ha no?

Chai..you need a visa bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by deomelo: 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
wristbangle:
Ogun - Good in Industrialisation, Education and Agriculture. Electricity and Road infrastructure needs to be improved.

Osun is known for good road, electricity supply and Education. Just welfare of the people is the major challenge.

Lagos ticks all the boxes except for poor waste management and urgent road rehabilitation.

Nice analysis if I must say. Anambra appears to be doing well in some sectors.

Osun state.

2nd lowest unemployment rate in Nigeria

Osun rated 2nd in human capital index

Osun is least on poverty index

Osun is least in misery index

Osun is the most peaceful state in Nigeria

Osun state delivered more infrastructures than any other state in Nigeria

Congratulations..............

3 Likes

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by proprince(m): 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2018
Please kogi is my state and it should be the last on the list instead of that number 13.

No single progress in the state.
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Deadlytruth(m): 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2018
AngryNigerian22:
shocked shocked What is edo doing on that list grin grin

What will Edo not be doing on the list?
If we were practising true federalism Edo would have always topped the list. You can take that to the bank.
Up Edo!
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
Partaker:
How can i become anambran?, ebonyi always disgraces me. Just negodu ebe ha no?

Ebonyi is anambra and anambra iss ebonyi....just take it that way.

2 Likes

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
OkutaNla:

There are other factors that might affect telephony coverage, from availability of network infrastructure and coverage and quality of service to the level of economic activity - not just population. Any 10-year-old of course knows that population would correlate strongly with mobile ownership and usage. That isn't my point.

The main point is that the original table posted in this thread claimed for example that Anambra's IGR per capita is almost equal to Ogun's. This isn't realistic for the simple fact that Ogun has been posting annual IGR figures in excess of N70billion while Anambra has yo-yoed between over 20 billion in 2016 and 17 billion in 2017. So if both have nearly equal IGRs per capita, simple mathematics dictates that Ogun would have to have over triple Anambra's population to satisfy this equality condition. Meaning there is a clear discrepancy there. That was the point I was getting at and the mobile subscriber stats you're posting has nothing to do with it. There's also no need for the rudeness. You can make arguments civilly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Justiceleague1: 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
EponOjuku:
If only crime was a legitimate source of income, some people would been in this list.

Please, nobody should stain me with mud o!

yesoo,like yauba ppl grin
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Deadlytruth(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
success1smyn:
is Edo not part of the 36 state of Nigeria?

ayam not understanding

Na bad belle dey worry am.
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
50% Off! A rare Opportunity to
Own Christal Villa Queens Court
with CofO Shapati Lekki at N5m
+ Free Deed of Assignment

For details/Inspection:

NIKE 07064401427
IYKE 08023963432
SAHEED 09066815852
ABIOLA 07036435999
---
Becoming a Landlord has been made easy!
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Shigabs(m): 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
This list is trash, I am from Kogi. for KOGI to appear in that position, I conclude this is trash.
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Akabuking: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mynd44:
So in Per capital income, Osun is second and 4th in electricity.

Seems like business is easier to do in the North though.

Anambra is also doing pretty well too

Ondo used to be burning but in the past 8 years…….

Interesting
yes of course, no touts upandan like the southern states(most especially Lagos, an am bra, abia).
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by fimi: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2018
kennygee:
Who ever put Kogi state there has replaced the devil as the father of all liars.
u don talk my mind, God bless u
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
Deadlytruth:

What will Edo not be doing on the list?
If we were practising true federalism Edo would have always topped the list. You can take that to the bank.
Up Edo!
grin grin
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Topmaike007(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
I know one day my state will get to the top..
#team Ebonyi

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Amberon11: 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
It says IGR per capita. That is different from the per capita income.
Mynd44:

Interesting
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by kettykin: 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
horsepower101:
Can someone post a link to the actual study. I don't care about colorful table. I want to see how this study was conducted.

Anyone that believes the scam report needs brain surgery
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by kettykin: 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Has Osun paid workers yet?
the report put osun higher than rivers, enugu, kaduna,. I am beginning to fear for Nigeria and nigerians
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Topmaike007(m): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
DonPiiko:
My state is a disgrace
bro that is not the end of our dear state, all those on number 1 started somewhere,I believe our dear state can be great if I and you want it to be great.. but for me,I believe one day we will get to the top..

#team Ebonyi afikpo north

the real king in the north Topmaike
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mynd44:

Interesting

Osun, my state

wink
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by CaptainKodak(m): 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
All thanks to Almighty Allah for Osun state, then governor Argbesola baba Kabiru. Glad to see the state doing well to some extent.

Just praying we get someone like or better than him come next election.��
Re: See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
That's nice, you are my brother, one day I will improve our state if I get a chance to, my mums father used to be chairman of our local government.

Topmaike007:
bro that is not the end of our dear state, all those on number 1 started somewhere,I believe our dear state can be great if I and you want it to be great.. but for me,I believe one day we will get to the top..

#team Ebonyi afikpo north

the real king in the north Topmaike

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senator Babayo Gamawa Is Dead / Why Akpabio Withdrew From Senatorial Rerun - PDP / Governor Obaseki Snubs Shaibu's Handshake At Diri's Swearing-In (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.