Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,484 members, 7,881,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:29 AM

‘the Catholic Church Has Blood On Its Hands’ Says Abuse Survivor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘the Catholic Church Has Blood On Its Hands’ Says Abuse Survivor (224 Views)

Port Harcourt Pastor Attempts Suicide, Says His Church Has 15 Members Since 2000 / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘the Catholic Church Has Blood On Its Hands’ Says Abuse Survivor by Jesutomisin: 8:59am On Aug 10, 2018
..http://naijachurchnews.com/35815-2/

A victim of sexual abuse at Downside school in Somerset has hit out at the Catholic Church as a report into two institutions is published.

The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse found monks covered up criminal offending at Downside and Ampleforth across 40 years.

Responding to the report in a statement released by legal firm Slater and Gordon, the victim said: “I was vulnerable, broken and needed help from the church when I was a child.

“I trusted them to help but instead my life was destroyed and I was handed a life sentence of suffering by my abuser and those who failed to act against it.”

They added: “Many people who were abused by clergy have ended up taking their lives or..... read more...http://naijachurchnews.com/35815-2/

(1) (Reply)

Think About Heaven / Vision Plus Dedication Will Lead To Realisation / Feed Your Faith - Romans 10:17, Proverbs 14:7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.