Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,537 members, 7,905,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:26 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (822485 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by steinmajor: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2018
None, just that.
CapitoneMax:
Hello, thank you for posting your experience.
I feel I can learn one or two from this.
Please apart from your uncle's SOA, what other financial documents did you go with for your interview?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2018
Please when exactly will visa interview for spring 2019 student commence?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by santricedupas(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2018
hello house, I have a degree in agricultural extension and rural development. university of ibadan 2014. I have a 2.2 based on point 7 scale grade.
I want to proceed for a master degree into universities that offer agric courses in usa, I want to ask that, can only toefl exam get me funding and scholarships.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CapitoneMax(m): 11:39am On Aug 31, 2018
ohhh...okay thanks
You didnt go with a reference letter from the bank?
steinmajor:
None, just that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paroh137(m): 11:42am On Aug 31, 2018
Please can anyone help me with SAT materials? I'll come to anywhere in Lagos to collect it please. Plus I want to take SAT in October. Is it too late to register?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by EncephalonPikin(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2018
santricedupas:
hello house, I have a degree in agricultural extension and rural development. university of ibadan 2014. I have a 2.2 based on point 7 scale grade.
I want to proceed for a master degree into universities that offer agric courses in usa, I want to ask that, can only toefl exam get me funding and scholarships.

I'm not saying this with authority but I doubt that. Toefl is an English proficiency exam, a more appropriate exam would be the GRE/GMAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2018
BigUgo21:
Anytime before yr school resumes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 12:42pm On Aug 31, 2018
paroh137:
Please can anyone help me with SAT materials? I'll come to anywhere in Lagos to collect it please. Plus I want to take SAT in October. Is it too late to register?
Go to collegeboard site....I do not think you still have much time left...just hurry or you can still wait for november own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paroh137(m): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2018
Flaame:
Go to collegeboard site....I do not think you still have much time left...just hurry or you can still wait for november own.
On paper it's not too late to register. Can I register myself via college board?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
paroh137:
On paper it's not too late to register. Can I register myself via college board?
I think it is possibl. Well,if it is paper reg,time still d. But how much preparation have you made? That is the most wimportant thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 2:04pm On Aug 31, 2018
i have gotten my reference number. am in d process where skul wil send d transcript...wes also asked for final exam cert (waec)..i dont know if my secondary school can handle that(wich will b easier for me) or will i have to go to head office?
Enasdan:
have you registered with WES already ? & secondly have you gotten your reference number from WES as well?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
tboy47:
i have gotten my reference number. am in d process where skul wil send d transcript...wes also asked for final exam cert (waec)..i dont know if my secondary school can handle that(wich will b easier for me) or will i have to go to head office?
go to WAEC head office is better, but have to go with your statement of result and your personal certificate

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paroh137(m): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2018
Flaame:
I think it is possibl. Well,if it is paper reg,time still d. But how much preparation have you made? That is the most wimportant thing.

I took SAT in 2010 back when it was 2400 so I know the basics, but I've been brushing up since last month by reading GRE preparation text. Just reading and writing parts sha cos English is my weak point. I'll see if I can make it before then, else I'll go for November. Please what would you recommend, is it better I register with an agent or I do it myself online? Do I get to choose the venue I want? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by angelajuni(f): 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2018
great stuff you guys do and great learning place.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Frankaka8(m): 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2018
angelajuni:

My visa interview is early October for Spring 2019. I am a little concerned about two things
1) Two of my friends are standing in as my sponsors. I see a lot of people say uncle but these guys are actually my close friends and from a different tribe. When asked about my sponsors, it is ok to tell the interviewer that my sponsors are my friends?

2) I submitted 2 bank statements for my i20, on my i20 just one name of the sponsor is on it instead of two different names. School says it's ok like that. Is it really ok to have two different bank statements but just one name on the i20?

Thanks.
lagos or abj? you hav to dig deep and come up with good explanations to the V.O in that regard. sucess las las.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
angelajuni:

My visa interview is early October for Spring 2019. I am a little concerned about two things
1) Two of my friends are standing in as my sponsors. I see a lot of people say uncle but these guys are actually my close friends and from a different tribe. When asked about my sponsors, it is ok to tell the interviewer that my sponsors are my friends?

2) I submitted 2 bank statements for my i20, on my i20 just one name of the sponsor is on it instead of two different names. School says it's ok like that. Is it really ok to have two different bank statements but just one name on the i20?

Thanks.
I am not God neither am I a VO but you will have a hard time convincing a VO that your friends will ACTUALLY sponsor you. However, do you have assistantship? Are your friends really going to pay your tuition? How do you plan to pay Tuition and fees?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2018
paroh137:

I took SAT in 2010 back when it was 2400 so I know the basics, but I've been brushing up since last month by reading GRE preparation text. Just reading and writing parts sha cos English is my weak point. I'll see if I can make it before then, else I'll go for November. Please what would you recommend, is it better I register with an agent or I do it myself online? Do I get to choose the venue I want? Thanks
I do not. I registered with a school,and also took it there at the school. You can ask another person.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2018
angelajuni:

Thanks.
You can do it all on your PC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Please do not tell them friends. No matter how close u guys are.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Oh, I am sorry, I just misquote, I wanted to quote
paroh137

Cc: Flamme, angelajuni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by paroh137(m): 7:33pm On Aug 31, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Oh, I am sorry, I just misquote, I wanted to quote
paroh137

Cc: Flamme, angelajuni

aoh wow really? Thanks But my question is, I can choose the centre I want or will one be assigned to me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2018
paroh137:

aoh wow really? Thanks But my question is, I can choose the centre I want or will one be assigned to me?
You can

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2018
BigUgo21:
Anytime.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2018
Good day Nairalanders. I will like to know how to apply for the Prodigy finance for Spring entry. I do not get such information for Spring entry applicant or they only lend to Fall entry applicant only. Please I need a reply urgently as I just got admitted into a MSC program to begin in Spring 2019.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 12:36am On Sep 01, 2018
Gurus in the house...please what do you think about georgia southern state university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tobilento: 6:26am On Sep 01, 2018
Thank You for the help.
Spotlighte:

Yes, you can. There are people giving the GRE soon who have started applications already. It all depends on the school's/programme's application deadline.

The idea is to submit your application before the deadline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (536)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.