Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,027 members, 7,966,779 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (842134 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2019
NoQualms1:

Thanks so much for this. Yes, this is the first time a professor is responding to my mail and I have sent several. I mentioned how wonderful his latest research (summarised the research) is and asked if he will like to be my supervisor. I want to apply for PhD. in the school.

I will send a follow up mail. Thanks again.
So you were requesting mentorship smiley smiley smiley
You are most welcome and may the Force be with you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
CuteRedd:
Thanks alot Bracelum, yeah i also joined GMAT club last year, it has been a great networking experience. I had an unofficial call interview from one of the graduate officers which i met on GMAT club. Which went awesome (his words) and hopefully it leads to a nice scholarship package when i apply in October. Interacting with the outside world as so much opened my eyes to alot of things.

Please how can I join the GMAT club, I'm preparing for GMAT by August.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
tboy47:
Good day house. Please if i may aks, like how much can i estimate for visa application?? And also sevis payment?
Visa application: Fifty nine thousand, two hundred naira only.
SEVIS fee $200
If you are ready to pay your SEVIS fee, please send Texrem a message, he would be most glad to help. He paid mine and that of my friends.
Please let me know if you require additional information.
We are all in this together!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
ProYouWebsiteUK:

lol go to GMAT club and click join now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sharwama(f): 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
Baggiopreshy:
Please I just head from an agent that if you have ever applied for us lottery before should please keep up to the information you gave out before most especially your age, and your details would show in their computer . I just want to ask if any one know of this news before, if it true or false? Becus I think the agent is trying to do ' I TOO KNOW' just because he head I was doing it my self.
I just have three questions for you:
First, have you ever applied for US lottery?
Second, did you give false details about your age or whatnot( assuming you applied)?
Third, why are you "hearing" from an agent if you are processing your stuff by yourself.
I do not need the answers to these but I pray you catch my drift.
May His wisdom rest and abide with you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aig01: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
Kendrix69:

Is there anything like this for GRE.. Like maybe GREclub ..lol

There is a section of the GMAT club for GRE - https://greprepclub.com/forum/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
Contrary to popular opinion, Visa Officers do not enjoy handing anyone the 214b refusal letter.
Proof: Visa Officers will be live on Facebook to talk about some of the commonly misunderstood questions on the DS 160 and help you improve your next application.
Join us on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 2:00pm and #AskTheConsul your questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 16, 2019
ProYouWebsiteUK:

Go to gmatclub.com and signup.

August is four months away. I hope you are prepping super hard. You can buy their practice tests. They have the best quant practice test on the market - even more difficult than Manhattan and official tests.

Whatever you score on their fresh quant test, you should expect to score higher on the main exam. This is assuming you take the test under normal test conditions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 16, 2019
Kendrix69:

Is there anything like this for GRE.. Like maybe GREclub ..lol

They have a GRE Section on GMATClub but that section is almost dead.Since the forum mostly consists of the bschool community, it is normal for them to place more emphasis on GMAT because it is a gold standard for MBA admissions.

I don't know of other forums for GRE. I think they have one here on nairaland but I don't know how effective it is cos I'm not a regular there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MasterforceII: 10:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre is the thread for GRE. Very effective.

Also, since we're on the topic of business schools, I just want to inform the house that UTexas Austin (Mccombs) waives app fee for Nigerians who apply in round one.

"If you're a citizen of Nigeria, when you apply for round 1 then you're application fee would be waived automatically"
There's also some other business schools that waive application fees.
Information is key!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
bracelum:

Go to gmatclub.com and signup.

August is four months away. I hope you are prepping super hard. You can buy their practice tests. They have the best quant practice test on the market - even more difficult than Manhattan and official tests.

Whatever you score on their fresh quant test, you should expect to score higher on the main exam. This is assuming you take the test under normal test conditions.
Thank you. I'm just gathering the reading materials that I will need and trying to know what the questions looks like so I can know how to strategies my reading and how to work on the timing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Timotte(m): 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2019
NoQualms1:
I mailed a professor and he asked, in his response, if I have funding. I replied that I was hoping to get from the school but he has not responded since then. Was my response wrong? If yes, what's the best way to respond to such question?

Thanks.

Just a little chip in as to why he may have asked you about funding. Is the PhD programme fully funded? If it is, is funding provided by the department or by professors whom students work under (i.e. your advisor/supervisor)? If funding (in part or full) is provided through the grants of professors in the department, then the question will be whether the professor in question has any current grants for his research projects. If he doesn't, that may be why he asked you specifically about funding to be sure that if he accepts you, you will be able to fund yourself. You can check online if the professor has current grants for his research projects.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
ProYouWebsiteUK:
Thank you. I'm just gathering the reading materials that I will need and trying to know what the questions looks like so I can know how to strategies my reading and how to work on the timing.

If you're writing in August, you should start prepping ASAP. Four months is usually the average time it takes very good students to master the process. If you're an average or a below average student, it might take you more time. However, the time it takes you does not matter as long as you get your desired score.

But you should start immediately if you're writing in August. Except you have plans to move the date further. 4 months is usually the average time it takes a very good student to master the test and ace it.

Also, make sure you take one test prep before you start studying. Use the test prep to know your areas of weaknesses. Then focus on those areas. For instance, if you score 95% on geometry questions on your tests, then you don't need to study geometry again. If you spend much time studying geometry, you are wasting the time you need to focus on your weak areas.

The process is brutal - GMAT is extremely hard! Don't be sad when you don't get your desired score in your first attempt. The average Harvard Business School MBA student took the GMAT 2-3 times. Just learn and improve. If a stellar score is what you desire, don't be shy to rewrite as often as possible. But be careful not to rewrite more than three times cos it shows a red flag to the admissions officers.

Best of luck to you!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by favor100: 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
Hey Guys. I wanted to ask for your advice with taking the GRE in late may towards august/September. I know its a bit too close and I am willing to shift it till next year. Pls if you have suggestions of centres where I can prepare well preferably in the island area that will be well appreciated. Also given the timing, i would like if anyone can give advice for schools that will still meet the timing . Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Wretch32: 11:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
You could prepare quite well on your own, what you need are just materials
You don’t need any centers per say
My 2 cents
favor100:
Hey Guys. I wanted to ask for your advice with taking the GRE in late may towards august/September. I know its a bit too close and I am willing to shift it till next year. Pls if you have suggestions of centres where I can prepare well preferably in the island area that will be well appreciated. Also given the timing, i would like if anyone can give advice for schools that will still meet the timing . Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 11:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
aig01:

There is a section of the GMAT club for GRE - https://greprepclub.com/forum/
Thank you bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 5:01am On Apr 17, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Contrary to popular opinion, Visa Officers do not enjoy handing anyone the 214b refusal letter.
Proof: Visa Officers will be live on Facebook to talk about some of the commonly misunderstood questions on the DS 160 and help you improve your next application.
hello.
what's the facebook page to follow?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 17, 2019
MasterforceII:

https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre is the thread for GRE. Very effective.

Also, since we're on the topic of business schools, I just want to inform the house that UTexas Austin (Mccombs) waives app fee for Nigerians who apply in round one.

"If you're a citizen of Nigeria, when you apply for round 1 then you're application fee would be waived automatically"
There's also some other business schools that waive application fees.
Information is key!
This is duly noted. Thanks for the heads-up! We need more of it, please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pepperoni001: 8:00am On Apr 17, 2019
WE DEY HERE OOOOOO
Obyknow:

GSU applicant wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2019
bracelum:

If you're writing in August, you should start prepping ASAP. Four months is usually the average time it takes very good students to master the process. If you're an average or a below average student, it might take you more time. However, the time it takes you does not matter as long as you get your desired score.

But you should start immediately if you're writing in August. Except you have plans to move the date further. 4 months is usually the average time it takes a very good student to master the test and ace it.

Also, make sure you take one test prep before you start studying. Use the test prep to know your areas of weaknesses. Then focus on those areas. For instance, if you score 95% on geometry questions on your tests, then you don't need to study geometry again. If you spend much time studying geometry, you are wasting the time you need to focus on your weak areas.

The process is brutal - GMAT is extremely hard! Don't be sad when you don't get your desired score in your first attempt. The average Harvard Business School MBA student took the GMAT 2-3 times. Just learn and improve. If a stellar score is what you desire, don't be shy to rewrite as often as possible. But be careful not to rewrite more than three times cos it shows a red flag to the admissions officers.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much. I really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lambotee(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2019
Pepperoni001:
WE DEY HERE OOOOOO

is application for GSU free?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 8:27am On Apr 17, 2019
sharwama:

Visa application: Fifty nine thousand, two hundred naira only.
SEVIS fee $200
If you are ready to pay your SEVIS fee, please send Texrem a message, he would be most glad to help. He paid mine and that of my friends.
Please let me know if you require additional information.
We are all in this together!
okay tank u boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2019
Oasishavenng:
whats their facebook handle
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2019
tboy47:
whats their facebook handle

U.S. Embassy Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Merico96: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2019
Hello. I got admission into Ashland university in Ohio and have scheduled my interview for 22nd may 2019. I placed my father's name as my sponsor but the bank statement I will be going with doesn't have my father's name. Its from my uncle. I want to know if this is wrong and if I can change the name to that on the statement. Moreover, must the amount on the bank statement be same or beyond that on my i20? Because the statement of account I have isn't upto the amount stated on my i20. Please I need urgent help regarding this. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2019
Merico96:
Hello. I got admission into [b]Ashland university in Ohio [/b]and have scheduled my interview for 22nd may 2019. I placed my father's name as my sponsor but the bank statement I will be going with doesn't have my father's name. Its from my uncle. I want to know if this is wrong and if I can change the name to that on the statement. Moreover, must the amount on the bank statement be same or beyond that on my i20? Because the statement of account I have isn't upto the amount stated on my i20. Please I need urgent help regarding this. Thanks

You should be more concerned about the status of this school. Smells like a red flag.

Forbes analyzed 25 schools n said Ashland U is on number 20th as d schools with the worst return on investment

Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Merico96: 11:56am On Apr 17, 2019
I intend to switch to another school after my first year. But would you mind explaining what the red flag really implies?
AgreatMan:

You should be more concerned about the status of this school. Smells like a red flag.

Forbes analyzed 25 schools n said Ashland U is on number 20th as d schools with the worst return on investment

Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tmd(f): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Baggiopreshy: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
sharwama:

I just have three questions for you:
First, have you ever applied for US lottery?
Second, did you give false details about your age or whatnot( assuming you applied)?
Third, why are you "hearing" from an agent if you are processing your stuff by yourself.
I do not need the answers to these but I pray you catch my drift.
May His wisdom rest and abide with you!
yes I have actually applied for the lottery scheme twice and dat was wen I was in secondary school. My parents actually reduce my age wen I wrote waec in 2011. The problem is my dad already told the agent about the student visa traveling plan (Masters degree), unfortunately for the the guy I meat with this nairaland site and have learnt alot. So far so good have been doing everything my self, the agent is trying to win my dad heart wit his I TOO KNOW atitude. And I just wanted know if I will be having any problems wit my age
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tmd(f): 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2019
https://ng.usembassy.gov/education-culture/exchange-programs/opportunity-fund/

VisiFisiMisi:
Hello Nairaland Family, I have a huge passion in studying in the U.S but financially I'm not okay and it's driving me crazy, I have make researches day and night if there are opportunities or possibly loan i could get and payback. I'm not lazy i would pay back in time but none gave without a cosigner.

The biggest problem I'm having right now is that, It's only me that have interest in this my parent doesn't seems to care about my passion towards this because they believe they don't have the millions and not ready to support my passion

I'm set to take the SAT I've been studying for the exam for the past 4months now but haven't seen any opportunity to register due to financial incapability...

Pls can anyone generous register me for the SAT...I know I might not have anything to reward the person but the God of Favour will favour the person in returns....
I strongly believe, I'll pass the exam with a great grade and qualify for scholarship...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
Merico96:
I intend to switch to another school after my first year. But would you mind explaining what the red flag really implies?

D embassy needs to know u r a genuine student. Applying to decent schools n writing SAT and TOEFL is one way to prove that.

Applying to just any school suggests u just want to grab d Visa and disappear when u get to emelika.

U said somewhere u r going for computer science. Your school has 3 Profs, and non of them has a degree in computer.

I won't say more than this otherwise, I will look like "Bad Belle."

Prepare well for d interview, after that, perhaps, d discussion will be better.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (536)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.