Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,943 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:41 AM

Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President (42260 Views)

Rivers Assembly Overrides Fubara To Pass Four New Bills Into Law / Buhari Signs Three Bills In Renewed Fight Against Money Laundering, Terrorism / Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2018
93Miles:
hor=lexy2014 post=70417529]

D constitution is d supreme law of d land not d bible or koran.

But u first quoted the Bible

Yes I quoted James 4:17 which talks about if u don't do what u are supposed 2do, it is sin. Its a scripture that talks about responsibility, responsibility 4 leaders and citizens which is in line with d constitution. I made reference 2 this scripture cos u said buhari doesn't do anything until he hears from God. How u knew that, I don't no. But like I said earlier, its d height of incompetence 4d president to no his job responsibilities and not do them in d name of waiting 4 direction from God.

Yes because God has given u ur brain, ur hands ad legs. God will not after giving u a brain, begin 2 think and make decisions 4u.

Read that John 15 very well. It never said God has given u brains and legs therefore do whatsoever on ur own.

It says u can't do a damn without God.

There's something God has given 2 every man, D POWER OF CHOICE. we have d power 2 decide what we want. God doesn't decide anything 4 anybody. God doesn't think 4 anybody that's y he gave us brains. Its that simple. We are created with tools, hands, legs, eyes,ears e.t.c to function in life. Its up to us to decide how we use those tools. U have 24hours everyday. Its u who decides how u will use it, not God. Oprah Winfrey doesn't believe in d Christian faith but is she successful? If she doesn't believe in d Christian faith like many successful people around d world, who told her how to b successful?

Buhari is doing what his brain is telling him 2do not what God is telling him 2do.

who is making that his brain to tell him what to do? Who is the reason behnd the functionality of his brain?

Its like u saying after a car is made, d manufacturer still tries to decide how d car will work after it has been bought. A car is fitted with everything it will need 2 function as a car. D manufacturer doesn't need to b going to meet d owner everyday to tell him how best he should use d car. Everything buhari needs 4 his brain to function properly is already in him.

If ur theory that God controls peoples brains is true, then there should b no problems in d world.

so how does God give knowledge?

Read the book of Provbs and Eccl

U c, u put everything on d shoulders of God. God doesn't give anybody knowledge. When u seek knowledge, u will get it. It is mans responsibility to get knowledge. Its not Gods responsibility to give anyone knowledge

that means buhari is using d recovered loot 2 pay his medical bills and travel 2d UK 4 vacation instead of using it 2 provide social services? No wonder he cant fix d health sector.

he also used that looted money to empower youths

which youths did he empower with d loot? How many of them&with how much? so when u say "also", u are acknowledging that buhari actually misappropriated recovered loot 4 his personal use. Is that not corruption? After recovering d money he accused people of stealing, he now decided 2 use it to travel abroad 4 more than 5 months? Do u realise how much it cost d nation to sustain d president in d UK for more than 5 months? His medical bills, feeding 4 him, his family&staff, parking 4d presidential jet 4d period e.t.c. if this isn't corruption, I wonder what else

Let me conclude with this. No matter how much u believe in d Bible, d constitution supersedes it. Look at d first section of d constitution below. It says d " provisions of d constitution are binding on authorities & persons throughout Nigeria ".

D bible is d supreme book 4d Christian faith but d Christian faith isn't d only faith in Nigeria so it can't used as d basis by which Nigeria can operate. D church in Nigeria is a subset of d Nigerian society & it is subject 2d federal republic of Nigeria & its laws but Nigeria isn't subject 2d bible but 2d constitution.

Section 1

1. (1) This Constitution is supreme and its provisions shall have binding force on the authorities and persons throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(2) The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall not be governed, nor shall any persons or group of persons take control of the Government of Nigeria or any part thereof, except in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.

(3) If any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, this Constitution shall prevail, and that other law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.

Section 3 above is very interesting. Confirming what I have been saying. If d laws of d Christian faith aren't consistent with d constitution, d Christian law will b void.

How did Pmb block avenues 4 looting? Who are d corrupt politicians
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by 93Miles: 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2018
lexy2014:

How did Pmb block avenues 4 looting? Who are d corrupt politicians he probed?

Listen to news always you'll get to more those PMB has probed and how he was able to blocked access to stealing public funds.

By d way, where did d funds used in sponsoring buharis election in 2015 come from?

FROM SPONSORS AND WELL WISHERS

Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2018
[quote author=93Miles post=70430480][/quote]

How did Pmb block avenues 4 looting? Who are d corrupt politicians he probed?

Listen to news always you'll get to more those PMB has probed and how he was able to blocked access to stealing public funds.

Am not interacting with news, am interacting with u so I don't need 2 listen 2 news except u are telling me that u can't defend ur claims.

By d way, where did d funds used in sponsoring buharis election in 2015 come from?

FROM SPONSORS AND WELL WISHERS

Who are these sponsors or is this info in d news also? Even if u can't provide d identities of d well wishers, that of d sponsors will do. At least let's no d guys behind d multimillion naira buhari campaign of 2015.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by 93Miles: 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2018
lexy2014:

Am not interacting with news, am interacting with u so I don't need 2 listen 2 news except u are telling me that u can't defend ur claims.

I refered u to the news because my fingers really hurting.

But well, the below names a few among the numerous people His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) probed. Most of the people listed below were convicted and jailed.

Dr Kayode Fayemi

Yahaya Bello

Ayodele Fayose

Walter Onnoghen

Mukhta Ramaian Yero

Abubakar Gaya-Haruna

Jonah David Jang

Bala Ngilari

Nyame Jolly

Nwaoboshi Peter

Sule Lamido and sons

Oliseh Metuh

Bala Mohammed and son

Sen Dino Melaye.

Who are these sponsors or is this info in d news also? Even if u can't provide d identities of d well wishers, that of d sponsors will do. At least let's no d guys behind d multimillion naira buhari campaign of 2015.

Sorry I won't do that for security reasons
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2018
seunmsg:
Osinbajo is the first vice president in the history of Nigeria to exercise full presidential powers when the substantive president is outside the country. OBJ was perpetually outside of Nigeria during his first term but never for once handed over to Atiku. Even Yaradua who was rushed to Germany at the point of death never handed over power to Jonathan. When the supplementary budget of year 2009 was passed by the national assembly, it was parcelled to his sick bed for signature as Jonathan was not considered good enough to sign it.

Reverse is the case however under a president they want us to believe is a tyrant. It was the same osinbajo that signed the 2017 appropriation bill into law. Last year, he signed about 5 bills into law and he has just signed another three. This is how to know a truly democratic leader. Not one phantom hero who never allowed his vice to flourish.
You make me weep tears of joy with this your comment.

This coming election is not a battle against against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms, and only people with eyes like your own seem to see it, and I am glad that you exist.

You will surely live long upon the land!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 11:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
damola1:
Bubu as always been fortunate with his vice. And usually they outshine him because he gives them that leverage.

The same thing with idiagbon and now Osinbajo

Says my papa

Bubu chooses wisely and trusts those he chooses so he can leave them to get on with the job at hand.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 11:40pm On Aug 19, 2018
Alva2018:
do you have anything to counter what he said
I do! bla bla bla bla! In case you never got it the first time!
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2018
flames01:

As usual, senseless BMC members are too mentally derelict to counter intelligently. They blab unintelligently like the childish senseless minors that they are. grin
Bla bla bla bla is all you deserve!
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 11:51pm On Aug 19, 2018
lexy2014:
how does looting throw an economy into recession?
Is that a serious question or a joke?
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2018
krendo:

Nigeria was the only country in the world in recession during 2015-2017
Are you talking from Mars? Come London at the time see retrenchment ever where! Even Saudi Arabia screamed at the time and I guess you haven't been following the news in Venezuela!

Mars is not far enough for you to make this ignorant statement from. You must be on Jupiter or the next galaxy sef!
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 5:33am On Aug 20, 2018
budaatum:

a very serious and valid question. U sabi d answer abi u no sabi am?
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 12:48am On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=93Miles post=70433415][/quote]

m not interacting with news, am interacting with u so I don't need 2 listen 2 news except u are telling me that u can't defend ur claims.

I refered u to the news because my fingers really hurting.

But well, the below names a few among the numerous people His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) probed. Most of the people listed below were convicted and jailed.

This ur list is funny my brother. By d way, how's ur hand? Seems u don't no d some d people on ur list.

Dr Kayode Fayemi
Fayemi ekiti governor-elect and former minister of solid minerals. When on earth did buhari probe him?

Yahaya Bello

This one na buhari personal person. Buhari will never touch him except he decamps 2 PDP.

Ayodele Fayose
He wa buharis no 1 enemy but saraki has taken over. Of course, buhari fights his enemies with everything he has.

Walter Onnoghen
Bros pls tell u me u dont no who Walter onnoghen is. When on earth did buhari probe this guy, d chief justice of Nigeria?

Mukhta Ramaian Yero

Abubakar Gaya-Haruna

Jonah David Jang

Bala Ngilari

Nyame Jolly

Nwaoboshi Peter

Sule Lamido and sons

Oliseh Metuh

Bala Mohammed and son

Sen Dino Melaye.

Ngilari and lamido have been acquittes but one thing is common in those names. Apart from fayemi&onnoghen, d rest are members of PDP. what about APC members. aren't they corrupt? U acknowledged that d president misappropriated recovered loot using it to take care of his vacation &medical bills in d UK. Kemi adeosun nysc saga is corruption. But she's still a minister. what about oil subsidy payments buhari is making payments without approval of d NASS? Wasn't it d same buhari who said during d Jonathan administration that oil subsidy doesn't exists that oil subsidy payments are fraud? Y is he paying d same subsidy he called fraud? Y has probed d N10b stolen from NHiS under his administration? Y hasn't he probed d N18b stolen by babachir but which was meant 4 IDPs? Y hasnt he probed d allegation that shittu one of his ministers bought a house worth N250m in abuja?
Selective justice isn't justice

Sorry I won't do that for security reasons

Guy leave that thing. D world over, it is common practice 4 sponsors of elections 2b made public. D problem is that if u disclose their identities, it will b a dent on buhari and will expose d so called anti corruption fight as a biased campaign with no intention to arrest corruption.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 8:38am On Aug 21, 2018
budaatum:

lexy2014 post=70415326:
how does looting throw an economy into recession?

lexy2014:
a very serious and valid question. U sabi d answer abi u no sabi am?

Am still waiting 4 ur response on d above question?
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2018
lexy2014:

Am still waiting 4 ur response on d above question?
You keep waiting. Don't bother putting in the effort to inform yourself. That would be learning, which I'm told is overrated and a complete waste of your valuable time.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by 93Miles: 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
lexy2014:

By d way, how's ur hand?

MY HAND? HOW?

d rest are members of PDP. what about APC members. aren't they corrupt?

WERE DINO AND SARAKI NOT IN APC WHEN D WERE DRAGGED BY POLICE FOR CRIMINAL OFFENCES? DID THEIR POLICE SAGGA START THE MOMENT THEY DECAMPED OR DID IT START WHILE THEY WERE STILL APC MEMBERS?

U acknowledged that d president misappropriated recovered loot using it to take care of his vacation &medical bills in d UK.

DID YOU NOT READ THE PART I SAID HE USED MOST OF THE LOOT FOR YOUTHS EMPOWERMENT?

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU HUMANS?

NO MATTER WHAT YOU HUMANS CAN NEVER BE PLEASED.

HE USES THE LOOT TO EMPOWER YOUTHS. YOU HAVE REFUSED TO SEE THAT SIDE. U ONLY SEE THE ONE HE USED FOR HIS MEDICALS.

INDEED HUMANS ARE UNGRATEFUL ANIMALS

Guy leave that thing. D world over, it is common practice 4 sponsors of elections 2b made public.

THEN WHY HAVE THE NEWS CABLES AND NEWPAPERS NOT MAKE IT PUBLIC?

D problem is that if u disclose their identities, it will b a dent on buhari and will expose d so called anti corruption fight as a biased campaign with no intention to arrest corruption.

I DON'T THINK SO BRO
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by utioh(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
the man
the man
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=93Miles post=70475848][/quote]

By d way, how's ur hand?

MY HAND? HOW?
I thought u said ur hand is paining u?

d rest are members of PDP. what about APC members. aren't they corrupt?

WERE DINO AND SARAKI NOT IN APC WHEN D WERE DRAGGED BY POLICE FOR CRIMINAL OFFENCES? DID THEIR POLICE SAGGA START THE MOMENT THEY DECAMPED OR DID IT START WHILE THEY WERE STILL APC MEMBERS?

D question is this: are saraki&dino d only corrupt APC members in d NASS? If they are, let them face d music. But if not, then its a case of selective justice which isn't d same as fighting corruption.

U acknowledged that d president misappropriated recovered loot using it to take care of his vacation &medical bills in d UK.

DID YOU NOT READ THE PART I SAID HE USED MOST OF THE LOOT FOR YOUTHS EMPOWERMENT?

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU HUMANS?

NO MATTER WHAT YOU HUMANS CAN NEVER BE PLEASED.

HE USES THE LOOT TO EMPOWER YOUTHS. YOU HAVE REFUSED TO SEE THAT SIDE. U ONLY SEE THE ONE HE USED FOR HIS MEDICALS.

If u say d president is fighting corruption and u earlier told me how PDP raped Nigeria naked, y should I now look d other way just because he empowered youths when there's clear evidence of corruption with buhari? That's bias. What is d proportion of what he gave youths compared to what he used 4 his medical expenses and vacation in d UK 4 more 5months? Its not a question of ingratitude its a question of accountability cos d money he used 4 his medical bills and his vacation belongs to Nigerians not him. So that's misappropriation of funds and abuse of office which is corruption.

INDEED HUMANS ARE UNGRATEFUL ANIMALS

I don't no who u are referring 2 as an ungrateful animal but I don't c d relevance of that 2d discussion. Pls keep ur emotions in check. Nigerians are in a social contract with d president. Am sure u no what a contract is. For instance, when u open an account with a bank, that's a contract. When u go 2 withdraw ur money, d bank isn't doing u a favour. It is fulfilling d terms of its contract with u. If buhari empowered youths with recovered loot, he didn't do them a favour. He only fulfilled d terms of d contract he has with Nigerians. After all, d recovered loot belongs to Nigerians.

Guy leave that thing. D world over, it is common practice 4 sponsors of elections 2b made public.

THEN WHY HAVE THE NEWS CABLES AND NEWPAPERS NOT MAKE IT PUBLIC?

D problem is that if u disclose their identities, it will b a dent on buhari and will expose d so called anti corruption fight as a biased campaign with no intention to arrest corruption.

I DON'T THINK SO BRO

What do u think?
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
budaatum:

You keep waiting. Don't bother putting in the effort to inform yourself. That would be learning, which I'm told is overrated and a complete waste of your valuable time.
When I asked this: "how does looting throw an economy into recession?", I wasn't even talking 2u. I was having a discussion with another gentleman&he couldn't answer d question though he just like u, had alleged looting led 2 recession. But u decided 2 enter d discussion with a false confidence. Confronted with a request to inform, u are stranded. I believe this, if u can't defend ur claims then don't talk about it until u are sure u have enough info to share. For your information, part of learning is asking questions and having d maturity 2 hear people's opinion b4 jumping into conclusion.

Looting leads to corruption is a theory. In research, no theory is fool proof and no theory is valid just because it has been stated. It must b proved valid. So if ur theory is that looting leads to recession, then u should b able 2 proffer at least a bit of information as to how u came 2 such conclusion. So ur theory might b right, it might b wrong. But u can't just make such claims and then when u are asked to defend it, u take off.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by 93Miles: 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
lexy2014:

Oh my fingers? Still hurting really bad.

D question is this: are saraki&dino d only corrupt APC members in d NASS? If they are, let them face d music. But if not, then its a case of selective justice which isn't d same as fighting corruption.

Were Saraki and Dino in APC when their police saga began? If yes, then the fighting of corruption by PMB is not one-sided. If no, then the fight is one-sided which is wrong.

So, were they in APC when their police matter began?

What is d proportion of what he gave youths compared to what he used 4 his medical expenses and vacation in d UK 4 more 5months?

In my earlier post I said MOST of the loot went to youths empowerment.

Or don't u know the meaning of 'MOST'?

d money he used 4 his medical bills and his vacation belongs to Nigerians not him.

Is PMB not a Nigerian? If u say d loot money shouldn't be spent on him because the money doesn't belongs to him, then u can as well say d money shouldn't be spent on youths because the money doesn't belongs to the youths.

I don't no who u are referring 2 as an ungrateful animal but I don't c d relevance of that 2d discussion.

I referd to those who upon all what PMB has done for Nigeria, they are still not satisfied.

Pls keep ur emotions in check.

Mind the way u also talk.

Nigerians are in a social contract with d president. Am sure u no what a contract is.

I do bro.

After all, d recovered loot belongs to Nigerians.

Is Buhari not a Nigerian?

What do u think?

I thing it's not good to bring people's pravcy to the public without their permission.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by 93Miles: 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
lexy2014:

When I asked this: "how does looting throw an economy into recession?", I wasn't even talking 2u. I was having a discussion with another gentleman&he couldn't answer d question though he just like u, had alleged looting led 2 recession..

My bad! Why lied against me?

Did I tell u I can't answer d question or I told u I will creat a thread on 'HOW GEJ THROWN THE COUNTRY INTO RECESSION AND HOW LOOTING CAN CAUSE RECESSION' that for now my fingers hurting u should give me time.

Why this lie?

Stop it bro.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
93Miles:

Did I tell u I can't answer d question or I told u I will creat a thread on 'HOW GEJ THROWN THE COUNTRY INTO RECESSION AND HOW LOOTING CAN CAUSE RECESSION' that for now my fingers hurting u should give me time.

Why this lie?

Stop it bro.
oooh that's true. U did say si. My apologies my darling. I didn't lie. It only slipped my mind. But u are getting emotional from d tone u using in ur posts today. I am still very very eager to read ur thread on d subject
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
lexy2014:

When I asked this: "how does looting throw an economy into recession?", I wasn't even talking 2u. I was having a discussion with another gentleman&he couldn't answer d question though he just like u, had alleged looting led 2 recession. But u decided 2 enter d discussion with a false confidence. Confronted with a request to inform, u are stranded. I believe this, if u can't defend ur claims then don't talk about it until u are sure u have enough info to share. For your information, part of learning is asking questions and having d maturity 2 hear people's opinion b4 jumping into conclusion.

Looting leads to corruption is a theory. In research, no theory is fool proof and no theory is valid just because it has been stated. It must b proved valid. So if ur theory is that looting leads to recession, then u should b able 2 proffer at least a bit of information as to how u came 2 such conclusion. So ur theory might b right, it might b wrong. But u can't just make such claims and then when u are asked to defend it, u take off.

Your question, "how does looting throw an economy into recession?" was asked on a public forum. If you meant it for anyone in particular, perhaps you should have tried emailing it to that peron, or asking it on some other private forum where the only person who'd see it is the person you intend it to be seen by. But you didn't, so here I am!

Second, that "looting throws an economy into recession" is not a theory, and claiming it is "a theory" is like claiming the statement "One can't fill a bucket with a big hole in the bottom", is a theory. It isn't. It's a fact. And anyone with an ounce of sense who asks such a question should be told to use their brain and try it out themselves if they want to learn, as you claim, if it is or not, rather than ask someone else to prove it to them.

Thirdly, the question "how does looting throw an economy into recession?" is a silly question. If you'd meant it rhetorically you might have gotten away with it, but you didn't. You actually called it "a theory" and want proof of the statements validity presented to you, which makes your 'question' slightly worse than it would have been if it truly were a question asked in search of knowledge. It's more likely you were just trolling, which I seriously hope you were. The question is so stupid that if you aren't trolling, one should worry about you. If you were in a position to loot, you just might go ahead and loot without realising the harm you might be doing to the institution you might be looting. Ordinary, put your wallet down and me looting it would answer your question and provide you with evidence of the statements validity, as would you going to work and looting your employer, or if you were in the position, letting your employees loot you, so you hardly need anyone educating you, a Nigerian, on the fact that looting throws an economy into recession, especially in a political discussion on a Nigerian forum involving Nigerians and Nigeria!

The "claim" that "looting throws an economy into recession" is made. Hopefully, the person who made it is still not wasting their time responding to you like I am. But hopefully, you'd stop everything else you might have going and find out if looting really does throw an economy into recession. And the economy you should consider, if you really want to learn, does not have to be some nation's abstract economy either as it applies to one's very own economy too. And the looting doesn't have to be of money only, as the statement applies to the looting of a person's sense, as well as anything else that can be looted.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=93Miles post=70480944][/quote]

Oh my fingers? Still hurting really bad.

Sorry about that. what did u do with them that they are hurting this bad?

Were Saraki and Dino in APC when their police saga began? If yes, then the fighting of corruption by PMB is not one-sided. If no, then the fight is one-sided which is wrong.

So, were they in APC when their police matter began?

What is d proportion of what he gave youths compared to what he used 4 his medical expenses and vacation in d UK 4 more 5months?

In my earlier post I said MOST of the loot went to youths empowerment.

Or don't u know the meaning of 'MOST'?

If u are using d word "MOST", then u no d exact proportion that went to d youths 4 empowerment. Most is ambiguous and at best a guess work.

d money he used 4 his medical bills and his vacation belongs to Nigerians not him.

Is PMB not a Nigerian? If u say d loot money shouldn't be spent on him because the money doesn't belongs to him, then u can as well say d money shouldn't be spent on youths because the money doesn't belongs to the youths.

I really love this response because if this is a justification, then no politician is corrupt. They are just helping themselves to d resources cause it also belongs to them.

I don't no who u are referring 2 as an ungrateful animal but I don't c d relevance of that 2d discussion.

I referd to those who upon all what PMB has done for Nigeria, they are still not satisfied.

What exactly are all d things buhari is doing? Like I told u earlier, Nigerians are in a social contract and I gave u d analogy of bank/customer relationship. that's d reality. Are u under any obligation to b grateful 2 ur bank 4 giving ur money? Are u under any obligation 2b grateful 2 glo, mtn or airtel if they give u network to make ur calls? I don't think so cos they aren't doing u favour. Same way buhari isn't doing any Nigerian a favour. And if according 2u, some Nigerians are ungrateful, does that give u d license to refer 2 Nigerians as "ungrateful animals"?

Pls keep ur emotions in check.

Mind the way u also talk.

I didn't ask u to mind d way u talk. I only said keep ur emotions in check cos I notice a belligerent tone in ur post hence ur use of insults like "ungrateful animals".

Nigerians are in a social contract with d president. Am sure u no what a contract is.

I do bro.

After all, d recovered loot belongs to Nigerians.

Is Buhari not a Nigerian?

D same way monies stolen by our corrupt belongs to Nigerians&d corrupt politicians are also Nigerians

What do u think?

I thing it's not good to bring people's pravcy to the public without their permission.

D essence of such enquiries d world over is 2 check corruption. Sponsors of d president can influence d president. if people who stole money sponsored d president, then there isn't anyway they won't b protected. Usually source of campaign funds are supposed 2b in public domain. Its part of Nigeria's electoral act.

www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/2019-track-sources-campaign-funds-inec-urges-efcc/amp/
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
93Miles:

Why this lie?

Stop it bro.
I'm sorry 93Miles, but why would your fingers or hand not hurt if this is the sort of questions you bother responding to?

I took this one on to save your fingers so that you can continue with the intelligent posts I have been reading you post. Please let the person asking the question go do some research instead of wasting your valuable time and depriving me of reading the more intelligent stuff you have to write with those wonderful fingers of your's please!

It is my opinion that in not making him use his own fingers you are allowing yourself to be looted!
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
budaatum:

Your question, "how does looting throw an economy into recession?" was asked on a public forum. If you meant it for anyone in particular, perhaps you should have tried emailing it to that peron, or asking it on some other private forum where the only person who'd see it is the person you intend it to be seen by. But you didn't, so here I am!

Second, that "looting throws an economy into recession" is not a theory, and claiming it is "a theory" is like claiming the statement "One can't fill a bucket with a big hole in the bottom", is a theory. It isn't. It's a fact. And anyone with an ounce of sense who asks such a question should be told to use their brain and try it out themselves if they want to learn, as you claim, if it is or not, rather than ask someone else to prove it to them.

Thirdly, the question "how does looting throw an economy into recession?" is a silly question. If you'd meant it rhetorically you might have gotten away with it, but you didn't. You actually called it "a theory" and want proof of the statements validity presented to you, which makes your 'question' slightly worse than it would have been if it truly were a question asked in search of knowledge. It's more likely you were just trolling, which I seriously hope you were. The question is so stupid that if you aren't trolling, one should worry about you. If you were in a position to loot, you just might go ahead and loot without realising the harm you might be doing to the institution you might be looting. Ordinary, put your wallet down and me looting it would answer your question and provide you with evidence of the statements validity, as would you going to work and looting your employer, or if you were in the position, letting your employees loot you, so you hardly need anyone educating you, a Nigerian, on the fact that looting throws an economy into recession, especially in a political discussion on a Nigerian forum involving Nigerians and Nigeria!

The "claim" that "looting throws an economy into recession" is made. Hopefully, the person who made it is still not wasting their time responding to you like I am. But hopefully, you'd stop everything else you might have going and find out if looting really does throw an economy into recession. And the economy you should consider, if you really want to learn, does not have to be some nation's abstract economy either as it applies to one's very own economy too. And the looting doesn't have to be of money only, as the statement applies to the looting of a person's sense, as well as anything else that can be looted.

I don't have a problem with u getting into a conversation. as u rightly pointed out, it is a public forum. Since u decided 2 get into d conversation, i don't c how u have tried 2 engage me in a meaningful& respectful manner. D same way it is a public forum where u have d freedom 2 get involved in any conversation, is d same way I have d right 2 make enquiries about any subject I so desire. what I don't have d right 2do is 2 demean any person because of what he/she stands 4 or says in accordance with d second rule governing interaction on this forum. So if u have a point 2 make regarding d subject, u have d freedom and right 2 make it. What u don't have d right 2 do is to criticise me 4 expressing myself on a public forum and use demeaning words in interacting with me because I said something which u don't agree with.

Below is a response from d gentleman I was having d conversation with.
93Miles:

I will creat a thread on 'HOW GEJ THROWN THE COUNTRY INTO RECESSION AND HOW LOOTING CAN CAUSE RECESSION' that for now my fingers hurting u should give me time.

Ur analogy of wallet and hole in a bucket are great but don't adequately address d issue of recession except we aren't discussing d same thing. Historically and internationally, I am yet 2 hear about any economy that got into recession cos of looting. Several countries over d years have experienced recession. was it because of looting? That's y I still insist that its a theory not a fact cos I don't no if u can point 2 one economy in d world were u can prove ur "fact". U are talking about me being abstract but I am yet 2c anything practical in ur write up. So let's get practical. Provide facts, historical and international

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by budaatum: 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2018
You are right lexy2014. I have not engaged with you "in a meaningful& respectful manner" regarding the question you asked at all. Without intending it as an excuse of my disrespect, I can not believe that you already do not know the answer to the question you asked, and that you only meant it as trollish bait. And when you go on and call it "a theory", I see more evidence to believe you are indeed trolling, which if you are, I can't help but disrespect you since, by asking the question and requesting evidence that it is not a theory but a fact, you are, in my opinion, disrespecting those engaged on this thread and deserve to be served in the same coin.

However, if it is indeed the case that you do not know that looting throws an economy into recession, then might I suggest that you start a thread. Not only would I apologise to you for being disrespectful, I will also take my time to meaningfully show and prove to you how looting does throw an economy into recession as part of my penance.

lexy2014:

I don't have a problem with u getting into a conversation. as u rightly pointed out, it is a public forum. Since u decided 2 get into d conversation, i don't c how u have tried 2 engage me in a meaningful& respectful manner. D same way it is a public forum where u have d freedom 2 get involved in any conversation, is d same way I have d right 2 make enquiries about any subject I so desire. what I don't have d right 2do is 2 demean any person because of what he/she stands 4 or says in accordance with d second rule governing interaction on this forum. So if u have a point 2 make regarding d subject, u have d freedom and right 2 make it. What u don't have d right 2 do is to criticise me 4 expressing myself on a public forum and use demeaning words in interacting with me because I said something which u don't agree with.

Below is a response from d gentleman I was having d conversation with.

Ur analogy of wallet and hole in a bucket are great but don't adequately address d issue of recession except we aren't discussing d same thing. Historically and internationally, I am yet 2 hear about any economy that got into recession cos of looting. Several countries over d years have experienced recession was it because of looting? That's y I still insist that its a theory not a fact cos I don't no if u can point 2 one economy in d world were u can prove ur "fact". U are talking about me being abstract but I am yet 2c anything practical in ur write up. So let's get practical. Provide facts, historical and international
Until then, and since I have time. First, the statement, "looting causes recession", does not in any way imply that looting is the only cause of a recession where a recession occurs, nor is the technical definition of recession narrowly meant. I'll start with a definition of terms.

Looting - steal goods from (a place), typically during a war or riot.

Recession - a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.

I give the above, which iis in no way a response to your question yet, but just so you get an idea of the sort of detail I may go into if I am made to believe that you truly do not know, or even agree, that looting may cause a recession.

Start that thread now.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by 93Miles: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
lexy2014:

Historically and internationally, I am yet 2 hear about any economy that got into recession cos of looting. Several countries over d years have experienced recession was it because of looting?

I said that looting can cause recession which it did cause in Nigeria in 2015.

This your statement made it seems like I i said looting is the only cause of recession.

Bro there are many causes of recession looting inclusive.

Mind the statement u put up here.

If u don't understand what I said point out and I will clearify.

I never said recession is been caused by looting alone.

Those countries u said had recession and wasn't by looting, yes it's true and possible to have recession without looting becos there are many factors that cause recession.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
93Miles:

I said that looting can cause recession which it did cause in Nigeria in 2015.

That is d what. That's y I asked how and we both agreed u will tell me d how on a later date.

This your statement made it seems like I i said looting is the only cause of recession.

Bro there are many causes of recession looting inclusive.

We are both saying d same thing. There are several reasons 4d cause of recession and like I noted, I am yet 2 hear of any economy that has gone into recession because of looting. Its a new theory that's y I asked how is it possible.

Mind the statement u put up here.
What's wrong with d statement I put up there?

If u don't understand what I said point out and I will clearify.
I think we have passed this stage

I never said recession is been caused by looting alone.
Neither did I say u said so. I am interested in how looting causes recession and if there other other reasons am certain we can put them in perspective, hence ur statement below

"I will creat a thread on 'HOW GEJ THROWN THE COUNTRY INTO RECESSION AND HOW LOOTING CAN CAUSE RECESSION' that for now my fingers hurting u should give me time."

Those countries u said had recession and wasn't by looting, yes it's true and possible to have recession without looting becos there are many factors that cause recession.

Now u are talking

Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by 93Miles: 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
lexy2014:

A blade cut on my fingers

If u are using d word "MOST", then u no d exact proportion that went to d youths 4 empowerment. Most is ambiguous and at best a guess work.

75% went to youths empowerment, 20% for feeding of students/pupils while 5% for PMB medical care.

What exactly are all d things buhari is doing?

Check my earlier posts I've listed come. My fingers hurting would've listed up to 20things.

Like I told u earlier, Nigerians are in a social contract and I gave u d analogy of bank/customer relationship.

Because PMB is on a contract with Nigerians doesn't mean PMB should start licking Nigerians asses in the name of serving Nigerians. If Nigerians think it's easy to lead, they should go to Aso Rock and collect the mantle and lead.

Are u under any obligation to b grateful 2 ur bank 4 giving ur money?

when u go to bank to cash out ur money and the bank teller gives u ur money, do u tell him/her thank u? If ur answer is no, then u are ungrateful.

If saving money was that easy why didn't u save it in ur house? Why take it to bank for bank to tell u save it?

I don't think so cos they aren't doing u favour.

If banks aren't doing u a favour by keeping ur money for u, then keep ur moneu in ur house so dat u won't have to be grateful to ur bank

Same way buhari isn't doing any Nigerian a favour.

If it's dat easy to rule I asvice u pick d ticket so dat u too and feel d it.

And if according 2u, some Nigerians are ungrateful, does that give u d license to refer 2 Nigerians as "ungrateful animals"?

I call them ungrateful animals because they don't deserve to be humans.

I didn't ask u to mind d way u talk. I only said keep ur emotions in check cos I notice a belligerent tone in ur post hence ur use of insults like "ungrateful animals".

If u mind d way u talk, I'll keep my emotions in check

Usually source of campaign funds are supposed 2b in public domain.

Then check public domain to see those u sponsored PMB campaign because I can't post names for security reasons.
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
budaatum:
You are right lexy2014. I have not engaged with you "in a meaningful& respectful manner" regarding the question you asked at all. Without intending it as an excuse of my disrespect, I can not believe that you already do not know the answer to the question you asked, and that you only meant it as trollish bait. And when you go on and call it "a theory", I see more evidence to believe you are indeed trolling, which if you are, I can't help but disrespect you since, by asking the question and requesting evidence that it is not a theory but a fact, you are, in my opinion, disrespecting those engaged on this thread and deserve to be served in the same coin.

However, if it is indeed the case that you do not know that looting throws an economy into recession, then might I suggest that you start a thread. Not only would I apologise to you for being disrespectful, I will also take my time to meaningfully show and prove to you how looting does throw an economy into recession as part of my penance.

Until then, and since I have time. First, the statement, "looting causes recession", does not in any way imply that looting is the only cause of a recession where a recession occurs, nor is the technical definition of recession narrowly meant. I'll start with a definition of terms.

Looting - steal goods from (a place), typically during a war or riot.

Recession - a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.

I give the above, which iis in no way a response to your question yet, but just so you get an idea of the sort of detail I may go into if I am made to believe that you truly do not know, or even agree, that looting may cause a recession.

Start that thread now.

I didnt ask u 2 apologise or give penance. I just pointed out an unacceptable behaviour on ur part. I think u aren't willing to take responsibility 4 ur choice of words. If u feel u were disrespectful, then u don't need 2 give me conditions b4 u apologize. If u are looking 4 conditions b4 u apologize 4 actions u acknowledged are wrong, then don't expect me 2 pander to ur demands.

When a person makes a claim, whether u agree with it or not, 4d sake of civility, its important to at least find out y d person said what he said. If d gentleman I was interacting with said something about a relationship between looting & recession, he has a right 2 his opinion. I owe it 2 him 2 hear him out&understand his perspective b4 I rush in with a judgemental opinion of whether he is right or wrong.

Now, u have mentioned d fact that looting isn't d only cause of recession which if I may add, there are d "traditional" reasons. Looting isn't a traditional reason. That's y I said it is a theory which needs 2b validated. We can point 2 economies historically and internationally that have had recession based on d other reasons apart from looting. But can we point 2 any economy historically and internationally that has experienced recession cos of looting? Then how's it a fact when we can't do that? That is where u need 2 prove how looting causes recession in an economy. where has it happened b4?
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by lexy2014: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=93Miles post=70489346][/quote]

A blade cut on my fingers
Sorry about that

75% went to youths empowerment, 20% for feeding of students/pupils while 5% for PMB medical care.
Did u get this from d ministry of finance?

What exactly are all d things buhari is doing?

Check my earlier posts I've listed come. My fingers hurting would've listed up to 20things.

Really? Guess I will check ur earlier posts
Like I told u earlier, Nigerians are in a social contract and I gave u d analogy of bank/customer relationship.

Because PMB is on a contract with Nigerians doesn't mean PMB should start licking Nigerians asses in the name of serving Nigerians. If Nigerians think it's easy to lead, they should go to Aso Rock and collect the mantle and lead.

Did buhari not no that Nigeria won't b easy 2 lead b4 he said he wanted 2b president? Same way buhari shouldn't lick d citizens asses is d same way d citizens shouldn't lick his ass cos he is d president. Nigerians gave him their vote. They pay him and provide him comfort&privileges so he can provide 4 them quality social services. So he owes nigerians a duty

Are u under any obligation to b grateful 2 ur bank 4 giving ur money?

when u go to bank to cash out ur money and the bank teller gives u ur money, do u tell him/her thank u? If ur answer is no, then u are ungrateful.

D English I used was simple. U aren't under any obligation 2 tell d teller thank u. If u want 2, its ur choice. But u don't owe him thank u. Do u tell d bus conductor or bus driver thank u 4 their service?

If saving money was that easy why didn't u save it in ur house? Why take it to bank for bank to tell u save it?

I don't think so cos they aren't doing u favour.

If banks aren't doing u a favour by keeping ur money for u, then keep ur moneu in ur house so dat u won't have to be grateful to ur bank

Its called service. Banks provide a service which customers pay 4 so it isn't a favour. Nigerians pay buhari 4 his service

Same way buhari isn't doing any Nigerian a favour.

If it's dat easy to rule I asvice u pick d ticket so dat u too and feel d it.

And if according 2u, some Nigerians are ungrateful, does that give u d license to refer 2 Nigerians as "ungrateful animals"?

I call them ungrateful animals because they don't deserve to be humans.

So because people are "ungrateful" to.buhari, they don't deserve 2b human beings? U are a Bible student. Is that what ur Bible says? Did God create all of mankind cos of buhari?

If u mind d way u talk, I'll keep my emotions in check
What wrong with d way I talk? Have I insulted u or talked 2u disrespectfully?

Usually source of campaign funds are supposed 2b in public domain.

Then check public domain to see those u sponsored PMB campaign because I can't post names for security reasons.

I didn't say they are in public domain. I said they are supposed 2b. Am sure u read d link I sent 2u. So its not a breach of security or intrusive
Re: Osinbajo Signs Three Bills Into Law As Acting President by 93Miles: 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
lexy2014:

Sorry about that

Thanks bro.

Did u get this from d ministry of finance?

Dept of budget and planning

Really? Guess I will check ur earlier posts.

Please do

Did buhari not no that Nigeria won't b easy 2 lead b4 he said he wanted 2b president?

He knew Nigeria won't be easy but he never knew Nigerians would be this dumb and ungrateful. Instead of Nigerians to help in building the nation they are being dumb and ungrateful. These acts only can kill the leader's morale to lead.

Same way buhari shouldn't lick d citizens asses is d same way d citizens shouldn't lick his ass cos he is d president.

I never said d citizens should lick his ass. But u make it seems like he should lick d citizens asses because he's in a social contract with them.

Nigerians gave him their vote.

And he is serving them day in day out.

They pay him and provide him comfort&privileges so he can provide 4 them quality social services. So he owes nigerians a duty

same way Nigerians owe him their gratitude

U aren't under any obligation 2 tell d teller thank u. If u want 2, its ur choice.

my conscience won't let me walk out of the bank without telling them thank u. It's not easy to keep money for someone. And I see those who don't tell as an ungrateful brats

Do u tell d bus conductor or bus driver thank u 4 their service?

Yes I do. Without their bus I won't get to my destination on time. Regardless that I paid them.

Even the market women, I tell them thank u after buying goods.
Without them I won't get those goods and I can't eat my naira note

So because people are "ungrateful" to.buhari, they don't deserve 2b human beings?

so I think

U are a Bible student. Is that what ur Bible says? Did God create all of mankind cos of buhari?

God hates ungrateful people that's why he made one ungrateful king to live in the forest like an animals.

What wrong with d way I talk?

U said tins I never said. If u don't understand my post tell me I will explain rather than say what I didn't say

Have I insulted u or talked 2u disrespectfully?

No bro! Not yet.

I didn't say they are in public domain. I said they are supposed 2b.

I'm not goin to post those names for my own safety. If public domain like punch and vanguard can't post it, is it me that will then post it?

Am sure u read d link I sent 2u. So its not a breach of security or intrusive.

Let news cables post it first. If they do and nothing happens then I will post it too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 / Sanwo-Olu Completes, Commissions 492-flat Housing Estate In Igando / FG Appoints Ladan, Director Of DPR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.