Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,790 members, 7,879,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:31 PM

The New Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Lagos (7475 Views)

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / The New Lagos State Ministry Of Justice And Office Of The Public Defender. Pics / Eko Atlantic City - The New Lagos (Cnn Inside Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Lagos by Ikengawo: 11:40pm On Jun 25, 2010
Re: The New Lagos by paddylo1(m): 11:45pm On Jun 25, 2010
Re: The New Lagos by Ikengawo: 11:50pm On Jun 25, 2010
lol thanks
Re: The New Lagos by paddylo1(m): 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2010
lol thanks

No problem. . what happened to u @ Sky scape city?
Re: The New Lagos by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 26, 2010
Ikengawo:

[youtube][/b]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRXIV6QhhrY[b][/youtube]

grin
Re: The New Lagos by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 26, 2010
I'm impressed by the way Fashola presented his project.

A lot of thought has been put into this, I can tell.
Re: The New Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 12:15am On Jun 26, 2010
FL Gators:

I'm impressed by the way Fashola presented his project.

A lot of thought has been put into this, I can tell.

I did a special study/research on this project and I can tell you that for now it is all dreams, dreams and no concrete data and plans. The most shocking information I got was that the entire project would cost about $3 billion. When I got to that stage I knew something was seriously fishy somewhere because there is no way this project (if implemented as being presented) would cost less than $100 billion.

I challenge anyone with concrete financial, statistical, demographic and planning data or sources of data to post them here.
I bet you there are none. lipsrsealed cry
Re: The New Lagos by paddylo1(m): 12:25am On Jun 26, 2010
I did a special study/research on this project and I can tell you that for now it is all dreams, dreams and no concrete data and plans. The most shocking information I got was that the entire project would cost about $3 billion. When I got to that stage I knew something was seriously fishy somewhere because there is no way this project (if implemented as being presented) would cost less than $100 billion.

I challenge anyone with concrete financial, statistical, demographic and planning data or sources of data to post them here.
I bet you there are none.

The Project is proceeding right as we speak,and u are here talking B.S. . .

The $3billion u quote is probably for the reclamation. .
after that plots would be sold.and individuals will build their own highrises(There will be several districts,some highrise,others residential). . .

Maybe u need to go to lagos and see things for yourself. . .
P.S this is not a Lagos state Financed project

PLS SEE APRIL 2010 CONSTRUCTION UPDATE BELOW. . .

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAdz0iKE8K0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8IEIA1RYzY&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: The New Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 12:29am On Jun 26, 2010
^^^

You are still posting Youtube videos. Since when did videos make for detailed planning and development plans?

I challenge you to direct us to a website or a brick and mortar building where to obtain CONCRETE DATA on this project.
Re: The New Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 12:33am On Jun 26, 2010
Believe me I actually did a study on this project with high hopes, was actually bragging about it to friends here in the states only to be thoroughly embarrassed when I came up with nothing. undecided
Nigeria is a very funny country. We don't know how much we embarrass ourselves.
Re: The New Lagos by oyinda3(f): 12:35am On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

I bet you there are none.  lipsrsealed cry

haba come on. what does fashola have to gain from making such stuff up?
and what do the foreign companies have to gain?

yea it will cost more than $3 bill. and paddy lo has already mentioned that that's only a small part of it.
i think lagos will be borrowing money for the project.

only an insider can post all those data ur requesting obviously.  we can only post youtube videos and watch the optimists and pessimists post their replies. and u clearly know which band u belong to  tongue
Re: The New Lagos by paddylo1(m): 12:39am On Jun 26, 2010
^^^

You are still posting Youtube videos. Since when did videos make for detailed planning and development plans?

I challenge you to direct us to a website or a brick and mortar building where to obtain CONCRETE DATA on this project.

Here is the Project office in Lagos

Here is the Project website,where u can call and make enquiries and even put down payments for plots
http://www.ekoatlantic.com/index.htm
Re: The New Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 12:40am On Jun 26, 2010
oyinda.:

haba come on. what does fashola have to gain from making such stuff up?
and what do the foreign companies have to gain?

yea it will cost more than $3 bill. and paddy lo has already mentioned that that's only a small part of it.
i think lagos will be borrowing money for the project.

only an insider can post all those data your requesting obviously.  we can only post youtube videos and watch the optimists and pessimists post their replies. and u clearly know which band u belong to  tongue

Fraud is very easy to spot.  cool

Similar projects around the world have solid information on them posted online so that investors can appraise them and make informed decisions. Why is this one shrouded in secrecy?

I suspect this is a mere breach front reclamation exercise being packaged and sold as something more.

The essence of plans is to have a complete vision of the project - a detailed vision. If the vision is incomplete, have can we know when we attain it?
Re: The New Lagos by paddylo1(m): 12:44am On Jun 26, 2010
Believe me I actually did a study on this project with high hopes, was actually bragging about it to friends here in the states only to be thoroughly embarrassed when I came up with nothing.  

This is not about embarassing anybody. . . .This is a multi billion dollar Project,for which if u have the money go and pay a down payment for a plot

This is real money we are talking about,The project is being Financed mostly by Nigerian banks
This has nothing to do with The Lagos state Government,except that it is in charge of monitoring the project

I dont know how u expect to be in the USA and know about what is going on in Nigeria
I already showed u videos where construction is already about to begin

The vide is from CNN by the way,i guess they are also lying to u?
Re: The New Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 12:44am On Jun 26, 2010
And I must add that the most important thing about plans is the finance. You tell me that a project that should cost $100 billion is estimated to cost $3billion, I smell a rat.

What would cost $3 billion anyway? Dredging? Sand filling? Building the 7 meter hide sea wall? What exactly?
Re: The New Lagos by sjeezy8: 12:45am On Jun 26, 2010
This is privately funded - so it shouldnt even be an argument of where the money is coming from because its not Lagos states money. If the PRIVATE INVESTORS DONT WANT TO RELEASE TO MUCH INFO ABOUT THE PRIVATE PROJECT to the public( such as onlytruth)- then so be it.

Private investors-

Afterall theres daily counstruction in the America by Private Investors- and they dont release plans to the public.

Private investors = mind your business, not your money

O yea I think 3 billion is for land reclamation not the whole project- because people are still buying plots of land and will use their own private money to develop it.
Re: The New Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 12:50am On Jun 26, 2010
Anyway, I would say this one last time.

And I must add that the most important thing about plans is the finance. You tell me that a project that should cost $100 billion is estimated to cost $3billion, I smell a rat.

What would cost $3 billion anyway? Dredging? Sand filling? Building the 7 meter hide sea wall? What exactly?

I am an AMERICAN and we don't do things based on someones statements. We must have facts, concrete facts, not dreams. cool
Re: The New Lagos by paddylo1(m): 12:51am On Jun 26, 2010
@onlytruth

why not go to the website i gave u,and stop making a fool of yourself. . .

This project is being financed by First bank,Guaranty trust Bank and First city Monument Bank

see link again. . . .

http://www.ekoatlantic.com/about/aboutus_partners.htm

I guess those Nigerian banks,Listed on The Nigerian stock exchange are also trying to defraud u?

Finally how can someone defraud u,when u have not bought a plot there
or did u pay for a plot and werent allocated one?. . .u are funny
Re: The New Lagos by sjeezy8: 12:52am On Jun 26, 2010
lol
Re: The New Lagos by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Jun 26, 2010
sjeezy8:

[size=13pt]Afterall theres daily counstruction in the America by Private Investors- and they dont release plans to the public.[/size]

I am glad you brought that into this. In America as well, there is also a DEMARCATION between what is PUBLIC and what is PRIVATE. You can't walk up to the buildings in a city and say the US GOVERNMENT is responsible for all the buildings. Someone will think you are NUTS for making such a claim. When you get to a building funded by the government, you say it is government owned and government gets the credit for it. If you get to a building that was built with money from private investors, you say it is a Privately owned building and private investors get the credit for it, not government. You rarely confuse the two.

Also in America, plans of private projects may not be released directly to the public in most cases, however stakeholders have a way of accesing this information. Now, if it is a private project on behalf of the public in America, be sure information will be made available to stakeholders, ie, public in that case.

Is this what we have going on in Lagos ?
Re: The New Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 12:54am On Jun 26, 2010
paddy_lo:

@onlytruth

why not go to the website i gave u,and stop making a fool of yourself. . .

This project is being financed by First bank,Guaranty trust Bank and First city Monument Bank

see link again. . . .

http://www.ekoatlantic.com/about/aboutus_partners.htm

I guess those Nigerian banks,Listed on The Nigerian stock exchange are also trying to defraud u?

Finally how can someone defraud u,when u have not bought a plot there
or did u pay for a plot and werent allocated one?. . .u are funny

Believe me I have been to that website and more.  I have actually made phone calls, sent emails yet nothing came back.
I own a company that is involved in such projects and I was proud that one of such would come to Nigeria, but alas, I came out with nothing.  undecided undecided
Re: The New Lagos by paddylo1(m): 12:56am On Jun 26, 2010
@Kobojunkie

well everyone Knows that the Lagos state GOVT is not spending a dime on this project
sorry if u confused the two,but thats your problem
Re: The New Lagos by Kobojunkie: 12:56am On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

Believe me I have been to that website and more.  I[b] have actually made phone calls, sent emails yet nothing came back.[/b]I own a company that is involved in such projects and I was proud that one of such would come to Nigeria, but alas, I came out with nothing.  undecided undecided

I can relate!  cry

paddy_lo:

@Kobojunkie

well everyone Knows that the Lagos state GOVT is not spending a dime on this project
sorry if u confused the two,but thats your problem

Again with the dispensing of useless information . . . did I ask anywhere for this? Why in the world is it now my problem?
Re: The New Lagos by sjeezy8: 12:59am On Jun 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I can relate!  cry

Again with the useless information dispensing. . . did I ask anywhere for this? Why in the world is it now my problem?

kobo are you a babe and if yes what are you wearing braw and panties abi?

@ post eko atlantic is good money but im really liking lekki and its emerging city.
Re: The New Lagos by tpiah: 1:01am On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

I am an AMERICAN and we don't do things based on someones statements. We must have facts, concrete facts, not dreams. cool

see awada after somebody don chop cocoyam tire wink

anyway, @onlytruth

what gives you the impression the project is intended for run of the mill ajepako nigerians such as constitute 98% of nairaland?
Re: The New Lagos by Beaf: 1:02am On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

Fraud is very easy to spot.  cool

Similar projects around the world have solid information on them posted online so that investors can appraise them and make informed decisions. Why is this one shrouded in secrecy?

I suspect this is a mere breach front reclamation exercise being packaged and sold as something more.

The essence of plans is to have a complete vision of the project - a detailed vision. If the vision is incomplete, have can we know when we attain it?

Because land is being funneled to Tinubu fraudulently. "Asiwaju" is Fasholas albatross.
Re: The New Lagos by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

I bet you there are none.  lipsrsealed cry
Onlytruth:

Believe me I actually did a study on this project with high hopes, was actually bragging about it to friends here in the states only to be thoroughly embarrassed when I came up with nothing.  undecided
Hmmmmm

Lol since I havent done my own research, I'm going to take your word for it and wait for the budget to be announced publicly. . . If there's any budget.

Kobojunkie:

I am glad you brought that into this. In America as well, there is also a DEMARCATION between what is PUBLIC and what is PRIVATE. You can't walk up to the buildings in a city and say the US GOVERNMENT is responsible for all the buildings. Someone will think you are NUTS for making such a claim. When you get to a building funded by the government, you say it is [b]government owned and government gets the credit for it. If you get to a building that was built with money from private investors, you say it is a Privately owned building and private investors get the credit for it, not government. You rarely confuse the two. [/b]

Also in America, plans of private projects may not be released directly to the public in most cases, however stakeholders have a way of accesing this information. Now, if it is a private project on behalf of the public in America, be sure information will be made available to stakeholders, ie, public in that case.

Is this what we have going on in Lagos ?
That's what some ppl call upgrading and progress.

Just ask davidif.  . . oh boy, wasnt he ecstatic when Fashola tore down Lagos a month ago?
Re: The New Lagos by paddylo1(m): 1:03am On Jun 26, 2010
Believe me I have been to that website and more.  I have actually made phone calls, sent emails yet nothing came back.
I own a company that is involved in such projects and I was proud that one of such would come to Nigeria, but alas, I came out with nothing

U see the Building i showed u above. . Thats the Information centre in Lagos. .

Am sure if u go there u will get all the info u need. . .

The website is also updated regularly,so i dont know what u talking about
It has updates as of April 2010 on it

again this project like i told u is not about bragging rights.  .If u got money to spend
then go to lagos and buy a plot.  .if not stop throwing a tantrum like a baby. . . .
Re: The New Lagos by sjeezy8: 1:05am On Jun 26, 2010
Beaf:

Because land is being funneled to Tinubu fraudulently. "Asiwaju" is Fasholas albatross.

so wetin concern you and tinubu lol you dey mad ni?

lmfao Silvio berlusconi Italys prime minister is the 74th richest person in the world.

so because hes a politician he should no longer do business abi?
Re: The New Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:06am On Jun 26, 2010
sjeezy8:

kobo are you a babe and if yes what are you wearing braw and panties abi?

I believe that question there is best for your mother, so she can have another chance to instill in you respect which you seem to still lack for womenfolk from that. As for my gender, I am not your mate and definitely not gay!
Re: The New Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Jun 26, 2010
The Eko atlantic website is NOT updated regularly. Most of the content on there is still from last year!

http://www.ekoatlantic.com
Re: The New Lagos by sjeezy8: 1:08am On Jun 26, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I believe that question there is best for your mother, so she can have another chance to instill in you respect which you seem to still lack for womenfolk from that. As for my gender, I am not your mate and definitely not gay!

na wa for this your PMS lmfao I was kidding jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Boko Haram Sponsors / Meet Udom Gabriel Emmanuel - Profile of Akwa Ibom State Governor Elect / Osinbajo Declares Legislative Economic Summit Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.