Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,311 members, 7,900,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:46 PM

The 30's Syndrome - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 30's Syndrome (1797 Views)

The 30 Alpha Male Characteristics You Need, To Become A Real Guy/man / A Lady's Response To The Thread On Come To My House Syndrome / My Doings Or The Calabar Girls' Syndrome? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 30's Syndrome by babycakes2(f): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2010
At a wedding the other day, i was seated in the midst of some lovely ladies, and i realised that all they talked about was how they wanted to get married b4 their thirtieth birthday, and am thinking why do people dread 30 in naija, when in other parts of the world 40 is the new 30 .

People, is attaining the age of thirty really as bad as the Nigerian society makes it out to be?

I mean for a lady if you aren't married at thirty, does i t mean all your accomplishments =o?
Guys, whatever happened to the older the sweeter it gets?
please i would like to know what your views are.
professional opinions most welcomed.
Re: The 30's Syndrome by Demdem(m): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2010
30? it doesnt matter.
But i am of the opinion that the earlier one gets married (if one wants to and if one has seen whom to get married to) the better jare.
Re: The 30's Syndrome by gowaga68: 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2010
Demdem:

30? it doesnt matter.
But i am of the opinion that the earlier one gets married (if one wants to and if one has seen whom to get married to) the better jare.
i second.
Re: The 30's Syndrome by iice(f): 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2010
In nigeria yes.

Wait for it. . .the buckloads of tripe about to be unloaded
Re: The 30's Syndrome by queeneve: 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2010
It is not Nigeria, IT THE MEN IN NIGERIA, that is making women feel that if she is not married or reproducing at a certain age then she is no good. However, in America women are getting married at a much older age and are well off. I am not suggesting that you get married when you are older, but if you are in school or working on your career then you need to focus on that but if opportunity present itself and you are with someone that loves you and you loves them then you will have to make a decision which one is more important money or love?

Remember this, MONEY CANT TAKE YOU TO BED, BUT A LOVER WHO LOVES YOU CAN,
Re: The 30's Syndrome by luap: 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
I semi recently married my wife, she is 44; I am 42.  She has never been married before; she was married to her career.  I was married once before to a younger woman 10 yrs younger. 

Personally I like older women.  Many of my older friends who have had experience with young women prefer older women.  Seems that people at our age have been conditioned on how to behave.  We have more experience and people skills.

My wife is a very beautiful woman.  She is very health conscious.  She also made sure she did not get emotionally used up waiting for her ONE, so she preserved her heart and protected it from many heart breaks; I am thankful.  She told me she believes if she slept around a lot, been in love with to many different guys, she would have become spiritually and mentally used up(numb), and when that one guy came along, she might not have anything left to give.

I am a very lucky man.  She reminds me that I am a very blessed man, lol.  I tell her she is very lucky to have me also.  It goes both ways.

I guess what I am saying is that what ever you do, make sure you do it for LOVE. not so much for age.
Re: The 30's Syndrome by Faher(m): 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2010
Well, men tend to like 'em young, I don't agree that it's peculiar to Nigeria.
It's simple really: If I want to get married at 28, I'd prefer someone <26
If I want to get married at 38, then I'd be open to those in their 30s

I don't see anything wrong in that, what's the big deal?
If the ladies get to their thirties before marrying, they should marry old guys.
Re: The 30's Syndrome by candylips(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
catch them young is the word
Re: The 30's Syndrome by queeneve: 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2010
Is that why you old dried up men chasing me? I smell like similac?
Re: The 30's Syndrome by Faher(m): 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2010
^^ Are you as old as they are? tongue
Re: The 30's Syndrome by queeneve: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2010
Faher,

I am not even in my 30's OLD MAN,
Re: The 30's Syndrome by Faher(m): 11:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
Okay, but what makes you think I'm old? cheesy
Re: The 30's Syndrome by queeneve: 12:08am On Jun 27, 2010
Cos you older than me, DUH
Re: The 30's Syndrome by Faher(m): 12:12am On Jun 27, 2010
Haha, I hope so.
But you may be wrong tongue
Re: The 30's Syndrome by queeneve: 12:17am On Jun 27, 2010
Whether I am year or two older than you, I am too much woman for you,
Re: The 30's Syndrome by Faher(m): 12:19am On Jun 27, 2010
why do you think so? i need just one reason.
Your forming is becoming too much tongue
Re: The 30's Syndrome by Carolece(f): 12:22am On Jun 27, 2010
That is why alot of marriages dont work. Marriage should only happen when you love someone, not when you are getting to old and time is running out on you. If it takes me to the time when I am 500, if I live that long  grin  thats the time I  will marry someone. For now, I am very happy with me and my the age that I'm at, cant even remember when I was 30  lipsrsealed
Re: The 30's Syndrome by queeneve: 12:25am On Jun 27, 2010
One word: irresistible
Re: The 30's Syndrome by topup: 12:29am On Jun 27, 2010
luap:

I semi recently married my wife, she is 44; I am 42.  She has never been married before; she was married to her career.  I was married once before to a younger woman 10 yrs younger. 

Personally I like older women.  Many of my older friends who have had experience with young women prefer older women.  Seems that people at our age have been conditioned on how to behave.  We have more experience and people skills.

My wife is a very beautiful woman.  She is very health conscious.  She also made sure she did not get emotionally used up waiting for her ONE, so she preserved her heart and protected it from many heart breaks; I am thankful.  She told me she believes if she slept around a lot, been in love with to many different guys, she would have become spiritually and mentally used up(numb), and when that one guy came along, she might not have anything left to give.

I am a very lucky man.  She reminds me that I am a very blessed man, lol.  I tell her she is very lucky to have me also.  It goes both ways.

I guess what I am saying is that what ever you do, make sure you do it for LOVE. not so much for age.

This is such a beautiful example, and what most would dream for.

All the best for your marriage.

1 Like

Re: The 30's Syndrome by Faher(m): 12:31am On Jun 27, 2010
queeneve:

One word: irresistible

Hmm, now I see. I hope you know that fades over time.
There are other better reasons you can give, try again. cheesy
Re: The 30's Syndrome by queeneve: 12:35am On Jun 27, 2010
That what you gon get for right now brother!
Re: The 30's Syndrome by Girl846(f): 10:47pm On Jun 28, 2010
For me, its the earlier the better. But I have religious reasons for my view, I am still young, but I hope to get married early because I want my relationship to be blessed by God and I dont want to live immorally.

In Nigeria though, society put pressure on women to get married before 30 and its not good. After all, its not something that is to be rushed into.
Re: The 30's Syndrome by chiozor: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2010
fertility decreases with age
Re: The 30's Syndrome by Druss(m): 9:29am On Jun 29, 2010
For fertility reasons.
Re: The 30's Syndrome by LadyLocs(f): 9:34am On Jun 29, 2010
I never knew turning 30 was a problem until I came to Nairaland. But then again, age has never been a bother to me.

(1) (Reply)

The Hardest Thing T0 D0 Is T0 Watch The One You Love, Love Somebody Else Omg! / What Will You Do? (both Sexes Come In) / Do You Want Your Boyfriend/girlfriend To Be Kinkier Than You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.