Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,498 members, 7,885,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:31 PM

Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics (1212 Views)

UK Minister Meets With Peter Obi & His Team In London (Pictures) / Governor Wike Fulfils His Promise To Peter Obi & His Campaign (Pictures) / 8 Things Babangida Said In His Interview With Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by ariesbull: 8:20am On Aug 30, 2018
Mr Peter Obi is currently trending on Nigerian media space after he appeared on Channels Television Breakfast Show.

He debated with a professor of economics in University of Abuja and laid out solid points which earned him admiration and praises all over Nigerian media space.

Here are 10 quotes from his debate on Channels:

1. “If a man has not created wealth. He cannot manage wealth."

2. “Unemployment is worsening. Our unemployment ratio moved from 14.8% in 2017 to 18.8% this year. This means that more people have lost their jobs. We can’t survive like this.“

3. “You are borrowing money and the issue it was supposed to affect is not coming down. Poverty is increasing. Children out of school increased from 10 million to 12 million."

4. “I remember Ngozi Okonjo Iweala crying everyday, begging us to save this monies for the rainy day. All the governors disagreed. They said let us share it. Now we are borrowing to feed.”

https://etimes.com.ng/mr-peter-obi-his-interview-on-channels-and-his-position-on-economy-politics/

5. “All I know is that governance has nothing to do with age. Today the youngest governor in Nigeria is an unmitigated disaster.”

6. “In a state in the North the number of children who sat for WAEC is 128. This state has about 5 million people. This is not acceptable.“

7. “I don’t have any single property in this country outside Onitsha. If you see any property outside Onitsha and they say it belongs to Mr. Peter Obi, burn it!“

8. “When you are borrowing for consumption, it gets to a stage when you cannot control it.” https://etimes.com.ng/mr-peter-obi-his-interview-on-channels-and-his-position-on-economy-politics/

9. “Nigerians cannot aim for skyscrapers when we cannot maintain simple toilets.“

10. “I cannot pay N250,000 for one night in a hotel. I wouldn’t sleep that night. I will feel like I have been robbed.“

https://etimes.com.ng/mr-peter-obi-his-interview-on-channels-and-his-position-on-economy-politics/

Mr Peter Obi, His Interview on Channels and His Position on Economy & Politics

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by sweetyme001(f): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2018
alright
Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by Udo8(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2018
This man has what it takes to put things right.
I think he'll make a good PRESIDENT.

1 Like

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by tuniski: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2018
Incoming Vice president able,competent and ready!

1 Like

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by SolutionMee: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2018
Wow! So vibrant and full of sense

1 Like

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by xtravanganza: 8:35am On Aug 30, 2018
My leader.
My love for this man knows no bounds

3 Likes

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by gidgiddy: 8:55am On Aug 30, 2018
I'm not a big fan of the man but I have to admit that he was a good Governor of Anambra

3 Likes

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by aolawale025: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2018
Very wise man

1 Like

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by Cornerstone2020(m): 9:11am On Aug 30, 2018
When you listen to this calibre of people you realize Nigerians are sick in the head hence the prefer people like Buhari, Tinibu to lead.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by gaby(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2018
Drop it like it's hot my namesake. Some people will think we talk just for the sake of it simply because they can't see beyond their noses.

Dem no dey buy wisdom for market.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by IBBG(m): 9:46am On Aug 30, 2018
This man is an epitome of the kind of leader this country needs. He has the track record. How i wish PDP can pick him as vice president.

2 Likes

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by ifychris77(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2018
This is the man nigeria need to be her president. Look out what he did in Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by blujoi(m): 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
This is someone Nigeria needs to become president or vice-president, but you and I know that someone like this will never smell those positions. Instead they will attack him with tribal sentiments and other sentimental bs. He has track record of performance both in government and as a business man. He has ideas, he knows where the fundamental issues lie and is ready to take radical action. If wishes were horses..........

1 Like

Re: Mr Peter Obi, His Interview On Channels And His Position On Economy & Politics by Jgovt(m): 10:29am On Oct 13, 2018
Where's the Video?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Expose Akpabio If He Dares Me —ekpenyong​/sahara Reporters / PMB Does It Again! Abuja International Airport Rated Africas Best In Safety. / BREAKING NEWS: PDP Lawmaker Shot By Gunmen Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.