Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,883 members, 7,879,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 03:27 AM

Dear Compatriots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Compatriots (284 Views)

The Only Anthem I Know Is "Arise O' Compatriots" -Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Critics / VP Osinbajo: Let’s Focus On Empowering Our Compatriots Living With Albinism / Dear Compatriots, The Time Is Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Compatriots by ezefrank87(m): 7:29am On Sep 01, 2018
Dear Compatriots,

I plead with you to not engage in war of words with each other because of these people. They change camps and loyalty as frequently as you swallow your saliva. Ask those who insulted Jonathan supporters because of Kwankwaso and those who insulted Buhari supporters because of Apkabio how they feel right now. Some were once praising Atiku and Obasanjo because of Buhari. Do not destroy your 40 years of future friendship because of their 4 years in power.

Be partisan. As humans, we all are. But don't let that overpower your conscience and sense of respect for others. Be fair to them. Don't insult each other. Crack jokes about their political interests and laugh over it. They do that about your future when they meet. They laugh and hug each other. Don't take them too serious. They don't take you that serious. To maintain your relationship with friends who are on "the other side", use humour, not rumour, to criticise. It works, trust me.

The history and nature of our kind of politics prove that those who lose friendships and relationships because of politics benefit least from it.

Get your PVC and use it ; that's your insult-proof vest!

And remember what PVC stands for - Please Vote Credibility!

And just remember "NO POLITICIAN IS WORTH YOUR BLOOD OR THE BLOOD OF YOUR FELLOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS
Re: Dear Compatriots by StillX10(m): 8:25am On Sep 01, 2018
That's true
Re: Dear Compatriots by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2018
You are very correct...wait o, are you saying I shouldn't call a zombie a zombie? Or I shouldn't call a lifeless cow by his name?

(1) (Reply)

2019: Afenifere Denies Endorsing Atiku / 7 Times Sahara Reporters, Sowore Have Been Sued / Money Ritual. ��� (lafpluscomedy )episode 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.