Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,256 members, 7,887,738 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:04 PM

Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? (995 Views)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / Stock Brokers Sue Oyedepo For Not Paying Them / Is It Possible To Live Without Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 29, 2010
When i was a wof christian, i was made to understand i dont have to work for success, i have to declare it with my mouth and the thing will come to pass.
Now i know for me thats not how its going, so i want to ask, is success something to work at? or just declare it with your mouth and it will come to pass? 
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 30, 2010
Pls reply. thanks
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Acidosis(m): 1:25am On Jun 30, 2010
Even Jesus Christ paid a price with his life on the cross for you and I to live, so who are you not to pay?
Faith or declaration without work is dead!
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:45am On Jun 30, 2010
Everybody pay one price or the other for anything they do, positive or negative, successful or unsuccessful. There is always some price to pay. That is how things are.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by nuclearboy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
IMO, the best example of someone who got something for free is King Solomon. God's Love and covenant with his father David gave solomon a headstart and his simple act of choosing Wisdom gave him finances beyond imagination. However, it is on record that he lost his fathers' kingdom due to the influence of "women" (worldly lusts) that the money he got as a "gift" gave to him.

Todays ministries are building universities their own members cannot afford to attend, buying air-time to spout irrelevancies on satellite tv and generally giving themselves a bad name (having wrong priority) all because they didn't pay the right price i.e. honest work, which brings clarity to purpose. In effect, pay ahead or you will pay in arrears!

I wonder if anyone can become a Rolls-Royce by saying He is (claiming it)!
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by ogajim(m): 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2010
Acidosis:

Even Jesus Christ paid a price with his life on the cross for you and I to live, so who are you not to pay?
Faith or declaration without work is dead!

Those "wofers" are smudges on the windshield of true Christianity, they turn folks into unbelievers when they "claim" and it doesn't come to them. One has to help himself/herself to expect God to help him/her too.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by jaffi: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2010
wof does not say you shouldn't work,as a matter of facts WOF is hardwork.
finding something to do if you don't have a job and if you got a job,putting your best into it and keep talking what the word of God says concerning you.
, whatsoever he DOTH prosper!
he must do something to prosper.
Get up don't be lazy!
work and declare the word over what you do and you shall be successful if you faint not
patience is also required in the walk of faith.
hope i ahve answered your question.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by ukotmi: 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2010
babaearly:

When i was a wof christian, i was made to understand i dont have to work for success, i have to declare it with my mouth and the thing will come to pass.
Now i know for me thats not how its going, so i want to ask, is success something to work at? or just declare it with your mouth and it will come to pass? 

Who told you that? Name the so called word of faith preachers who taught you not to work. And what that of christian are you now? Word of fake tongue tongue tongue or what? What I have been taught all my life even in the Catholic Church is "faith without works is dead". You demonstrate what you have spoken by going to work. I have never attended Winners Chapel. As a fresh graduate searching for employment, I read In Oyedopo's book that if you looking for a job, dress up after declaring that you have a job and leave the house. That you should not be declaring that you have a job while sitting in the house by 8am. Then, pick any job to show that you are not lazy and from there you will be rising. I did exactly what the book says, I have sold on the streets of Lagos grin grin grin grin grin. I carried cartons of the product I was marketing to dealers in Idumota cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. I have taught in a secondary School, worked as a journalist, worked in a bank and now back as an editor. wink wink wink wink
I am still plotting another move.
So, I don't know the type of preachers you have run into but the ones i associate with emphasis hard work as well as depending on God's grace.
I remember a message by Pastor Chris on TV. Cant remember the title or TV station. I stumbled on it. He said if you are of working age, and you not working, you should stop eating. He suggested various age ranges and said those from 27 (hope i am correct. It's years when iheard the message) should stop eating in the house if they are not working. They should go out and work even if it is menial work.This is the same thing Paul said. "he who refuses to work should not eat'
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by ogoamaka99(m): 12:12am On Jul 03, 2010
babaearly:

Sorry, you are still a wof christian and wof christians don't understand anything.If you want to understand be a true christian and GOD will guide you into all truth.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by jaffi: 2:25am On Jul 04, 2010
@ukotmi,
yes he preached it and the title of that series is FIGHT THE GGOD FIGHT.
in that same message he said if you are living with your uncle and you a pass 17yrs you should expect 3 square meal and that if you are given you should take.what he meant by that is get out and work.DON'T LAZY AROUND!
Fight means work-HARD WORK-and cofessing and believing the word of God Thru faith.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by InesQor(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2010
@nuclearboy: Abi o? Thanks! You know, what's interesting is that EVEN Solomon, despite the covenant he had running thanks to his father David, had to activate his own destiny by setting things in motion, and not just by wishing it into existence with his mouth.

It was the 1000 burnt offerings that he gave to God that made God consider his heart of worship (not the gift but the heart) and ask him for what he wanted! Nothing comes by just opening your mouth and letting it leak. There is much more to things than that.

2Ch 1:6 Solomon went up there to the bronze altar before the Lord at the Tent of Meeting and offered 1,000 burnt offerings on it.
2Ch 1:7 That night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, Ask what I shall give you.

2Ch 1:8 And Solomon said to God, You have shown great mercy and loving-kindness to David my father and have made me king in his place.
2Ch 1:9 Now, O Lord God, let Your promise to David my father be fulfilled, for you have made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
2Ch 1:10 Give me now wisdom and knowledge to go out and come in before this people, for who can rule this Your people who are so great?
2Ch 1:11 God replied to Solomon, Because this was in your heart and you have not asked for riches, possessions, honor, and glory, or the life of your foes, or even for long life, but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may rule and judge My people over whom I have made you king,
2Ch 1:12 Wisdom and knowledge are granted you. And I will give you riches, possessions, honor, and glory, such as none of the kings had before you, and none after you shall have their equal.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2010
@InesQor

please can you expalain what ur sig means?
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:17am On Jul 05, 2010
1000 burnt offerings/sacrifices/Ebo! Was that not fetish? Any info on what those 1000 offerings were? Humans bin dey dia, too? Solomon had to perform a gigantic "Ebo Oru" to please his god/orisha. Very soon now you will come and tell us that the judeo-christian religion does not contain fetish acts.
InesQor:
It was the 1000 burnt offerings that he gave to God that made God consider his heart of worship (not the gift but the heart) and ask him for what he wanted! Nothing comes by just opening your mouth and letting it leak. There is much more to things than that.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Joagbaje(m): 6:49am On Jul 05, 2010
There is no price to pay for success. Jesus had paid the price brada!
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2010
Joagbaje:

There is no price to pay for success. Jesus had paid the price brada!
No wonder the Nigerian nation is so damn corrupt. What a mind virus!
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Joagbaje(m): 7:25am On Jul 05, 2010
babaearly:

it's either the wider that taught you didn't teach you right or you didn't hear him well. The truth there is that the only price that has to be paid is the blood of Jesus . You don't have to pay any other price. You work out your salvation and success . That is not To pay a price. And there is a difference between working out your salvation and working for your salvation. God word teaches against sloughtfulness. You guys just don't understand this word of faith thing.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by InesQor(m): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2010
@Jenwitemi: You are free to say anything you want to. You are the architect of your own destiny, and with your words, thoughts and actions you are carving your future. I have nothing else to say to you.

babaearly:

@InesQor

please can you expalain what your sig means?
@babaearly: It's from a Will Smith movie titled "I am Legend" where a terrible disease almost wipes out all of mankind and one man saves all of them by making an antidote and sacrificing himself for the future of mankind. When the vaccine was handed over in the movie at 8:49pm on Sept 9, 2012, the voice-over said "Light up the darkness".
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:12am On Jul 05, 2010
Eya, the typical hurt feelings demonstration of a clueless christian who cannot get his way in the attempts at imposing his own religious views on others. The world on the outside walls of your doctrine is just too hard for you to handle, and now you resort to meaningless threats. If only you could spend more of your energy on how you are being, rather than what your useless beliefs are, you would be a lot more at peace with the outside world and life itself. As it is now, i would advice you to quietly return back into your christian doctrinal cocoon and start hibernating till ya jesus come, because folks like you are of no use to the continual evolution of humanity. Stay in ya cocoon, abegi.  grin
InesQor:

@Jenwitemi: You are free to say anything you want to. You are the architect of your own destiny, and with your words, thoughts and actions you are carving your future. I have nothing else to say to you.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by InesQor(m): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2010
@Jenwitemi: Your post above is off the point. Where have you seen me "imposing my religious views on others"? Was I not speaking to a fellow Christian? It's you who needs to think out of the puny mental box in which you have placed all Christians.

And you call my previous post a threat? Where is the threat? Did you read it while half-asleep? I'm simply telling you that with respect to your NL handle (Jenwitemi, Yoruba for "Let me speak as I will, unrestrainedly"wink, you have the freedom of speech to say whatever you want to. With our own words, we describe our own paths in life and build our own future. Enough said.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2010
me? Place christians in a puny mental box? No, no, no! Your christian doctrine already placed you all in such a box. I am merely pointing it out to you because you are not capable of knowing that you live in such a box, yourselves.

And yes, you do try to impose your views on others. What else do you christians do but that? And once you can't get your way, you resort to cheap threats.
InesQor:

@Jenwitemi: Your post above is off the point. Where have you seen me "imposing my religious views on others"? Was I not speaking to a fellow Christian? It's you who needs to think out of the puny mental box in which you have placed all Christians.
Re: Is it Possible to be Successful without Paying a Price? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2010
InesQor:

"Light up the darkness".

what do you think it means? shocked

(1) (Reply)

THERE IS NO WAR BETWEEN MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS - PROPHET TB JOSHUA / Joel Osteen's Your Best Life Now — A Critical Review / Wars And Rumors Of Wars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.