Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,678 members, 7,968,983 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:17 PM

Voting Participation Is Your Civic Responsibility - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voting Participation Is Your Civic Responsibility (229 Views)

Voting During Election Is Your Civic Responsibility They Said. / 2023 Elections: Exercise Your Civic Responsibility - Participatenow Charges / Go Out And Exercise Your Civic Duty~says Deputy Speaker, Southwest Youth Parliam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Voting Participation Is Your Civic Responsibility by mmens: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
Voting participation is your civic responsibility, don’t miss the chance of being a caring and contributing member of the society.

People say those online do not vote? Is that true? Please comment below.

The population of those that were eligible to vote in 2015, was 91million. Out of 91million just 29million people voted at Nigeria’s last election in 2015.

That is 15% of the entire population. These 15% are usually the market women, the taxi drivers, the dispatch riders, trade men and women, and those who have been disadvantaged by the system. The elites say the voting process is too stressful and don’t show up. While I agree, voting participation is not a smooth ride In Nigeria, a few hours of stress is certainly better than 4 years of hardship.

Simply put, in 2015, 15% of the population made a decision on what your children are learning in school, their vote is speaking, even as I type. The 15%, determined how your business will be taxed. The 15% determined who makes decisions about the price of fuel, about forex, whether pounds is N250 or N600. Let me bring it closer home, this 15% determine who decides on the music you listen to i.e whether you can listen to “This is Nigeria” by Falz or not.

If you were silent in 2015 because you did not vote, you have another opportunity to be heard, do not lose the chance to choose who makes a decision for us all for another 4 years.

Visit[url] tobuildanation.com[/url] for more information of how you can support and get involved

#Moghalu4president #YPP #ariseandvote #nigeriaelections2019 #nigeriadecides2019

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Obasek: Edo Industrialisation Policy Resets State On Labour Absorptive Growth... / Reasons To Have Governor Dankwambo In Aso Rock / HEDA Asks Court To Compel IGP To Probe Adeosun’s NYSC Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.