Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,614 members, 7,885,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:28 AM

Expert Advice/opinion Needed - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Expert Advice/opinion Needed (517 Views)

Nissan Xterra Transmission Problems - Need Expert Advice / Pls How Reliable Is Vw Touareg? Expert Advice / Are Passats Really Unreliable? Expert Advice Needed ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expert Advice/opinion Needed by tedanne: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
pls i will be greatful if the auto experts and not the CAR DEALERS in the house can tell me if i should go ahead with my plan of getting a 1998 acura 3.5rl just like the one posted by T.Moni on 9th May 2010 at 07.39am.what is the difference in maintenance b/w the 2.5rl and 3.5rl.
thanks to you all that will sincerly assist.
Re: Expert Advice/opinion Needed by femmy2010(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2010
Tedanne,
What made you reached a conclusion that Auto Dealers can not equally be Auto expert?
You seek an advice on a certain issue but restricting who can make an input is what i can not understand.
Your choice though.
Best of Luck.
Re: Expert Advice/opinion Needed by tedanne: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2010
my mistake then.sorry for underestimating/misjudging the inputs/opinion of the auto dealers.though some auto dealer will want to paint a good pix of an item just to make sales.pls ANY useful info will do.thanks for the correction
Re: Expert Advice/opinion Needed by femmy2010(m): 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2010
A suppose Auto expert too could give his own myopic opinion too which might not mean the best.
Lets everyone give theirs then you deduce the best from them all.
Pray a Siena comes on your thread and you would be the best for it
grin
Re: Expert Advice/opinion Needed by tedanne: 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2010
thanks once again.am OPEN to ANY useful opinion
Re: Expert Advice/opinion Needed by chelseabmw(m): 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2010
am an auto expert.i will advise u wait for seina or fhemmmy or kunle or chelseabmw grin
Re: Expert Advice/opinion Needed by KunleA2(m): 5:55am On Jul 02, 2010
tedanne:

pls i will be greatful if the auto experts and not the CAR DEALERS in the house can tell me if i should go ahead with my plan of getting a 1998 acura 3.5rl just like the one posted by T.Moni on 9th May 2010 at 07.39am.what is the difference in maintenance b/w the 2.5rl and 3.5rl.
thanks to you all that will sincerly assist.

The Acura 2.5TL is a little smaller than the big brother 3.5RL. The TL is considered a mid-sized luxury car while the RL is considered a full sized luxury car. The TL has a 5 plug engine while the TL is 6 plugs.

From the maintenance standpoint, you will save a little choosing the TL. Acuras are well known for their reliability. Either one you go with is an excellent choice. The 3.5RL might have few more buttons for you to push. More luxurious.

Be warned though, since the 3.5 is larger in size and engine, you will get less travel on a gallon of petrol. And just make sure that you keep up the car as far as service and oil change is concerned.

Go for the best one your money can afford. And enjoy the ride.

1 Like

Re: Expert Advice/opinion Needed by chelseabmw(m): 6:16am On Jul 02, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^

thats kunle my man
Re: Expert Advice/opinion Needed by Fhemmmy: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2010
Just my own 2 cents . . . . Added to what Chief Kunle already said.

1. They are both great ride and drives like a real machine.
RL replaces the Acura Legend in 1996, and since then, they have never looked back with that ride . . . . . .
With RL, you have 6 plugs to change, while you have less in TL
RL will drink more gas while TL will drink less.
RL has a bigger engine and will take more engine oil during servicing
RL has heavier body to carry and will need more gas.

So with all these, the difference can be much at all, except for the gas part.

But driving luxury comes with a price, so if you can afford the price tag, enjoy the luxury, however, like Kunle said, make sure you do your regular maintenance.

Good luck
Re: Expert Advice/opinion Needed by tedanne: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2010
most grateful for your inputs(Fhemmmy and Kunle).i knew i can rely on ur candid opinions and advice.God bless you all.Amen

(1) (Reply)

Used 1999 Nissan Maxima For Sale - N550,000 / Wanted : 2008 Toyota Tundra / Navigation In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.