Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,632 members, 7,885,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:29 PM

Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 (16781 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds to the Semi-Finals?

Argentina: 52% (12 votes)
Germany: 47% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

CAF Champions League: Etoile Du Sahel Vs Enyimba 3(3) - 0(4) On 20th April 2016 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2010
PurestBoy:

@Dayokanu & all Messi Haters, I always respect you knowledge in football matters, Now I want you to tell me any of these German players that is better than Messi on 1-on-1 basis. Maybe clubwise too if you don't mind, forget what happen today OR

Tell me a single player in the world today that will perform better than what Messi did today.

I'm waiting sir

even Maxi and Mascherano played better than Messi today tongue
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by tkb417(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2010
@Purestboi
U don't have to look too far
Just go ask who the MOTM is today
Whoever gets it played better than Messi today
Its not rocket science

If they do top 10 players of this world cup, Messi won't be there
Don't be biased, what u have done in the past is not a barometer in determining how good u are today
Messi is devastating in Barca colors but not in argentina colors
Its hard to compare him with those who did it in national team and club colors
No hating, Messi remains a superb player buy hey, this world cup is not about him
Simple
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by PurestBoy(m): 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Schweini and Ozil shat on Messi today . . .no ?

What's their Castrol rating??
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by davidif: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

even Maxi and Mascherano played better than Messi today tongue

YEAH, because there was hardly any attention on them, the entire german team was designed to stop Messi. Defending messi is a team effort.

At the end of the day, its the fault of the Argentines for conceding a goal from a set piece (criminal defending) and for getting caught on 3 subsequent counter-attacks.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by PurestBoy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2010
tkb417:

@Purestboi
Its not rocket science

Don't be biased, what u have done in the past is not a barometer in determining how good u are today
No hating, Messi remains a superb player buy hey, this world cup is not about him
Simple

Please be sincere to this question.

If you were asked to pick any player to your team free of charge, who would you prefer?? Please let's not condemn the boy because no player in his shoes will do better than he did
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Zero2(m): 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2010
Messi is the best player in the world anyday anytime because no player in his shoes will do better than what he did today. I love you Messi. If Maradona had employed the service of Riqulme, Cambiasso & Zanneti, the story would have changed.

don't mind all this stupid old men that are kicking against a young boy that has really gone well, let me ask all of you bad bele people, if you have a son like lionel messi will you be were you are today, learn to celebrate the success of others so that success will come your way, Messi has done greater things before, Black men are always like this, they easily forget yesterday, that is why they can't get help, MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSI still the world best.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by davidif: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2010
tkb417:

@Purestboi
Its not rocket science

Simple

Messi was good today, it was not his fault that there was no service to him from the midfield so he had to keep dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball. Messi has been awesome in this tournament. Because he didn't score doesn't not mean that he wasn't incrdedible, the reason was because he was playing behind the two strikers rather than an out and out striker.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by tkb417(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2010
@Purestboi
Ill pick Messi or C Ronaldo cos they'll do well in club colors
But this world cup is not about them
They are not like Zidane and co who are capable of doin the extra ordinary
That's my point

No one has said Messi is not good
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by PurestBoy(m): 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2010
davidif:

YEAH, because there was hardly any attention on them, the entire german team was designed to stop Messi. Defending messi is a team effort.

At the end of the day, its the fault of the Argentines for conceding a goal from a set piece (criminal defending) and for getting caught on 3 subsequent counter-attacks.

Thank you my brother, they scored cheap goals due to defensive flops and were not better than the Argies, But Nairalanders are here crucifying Messi instead of Argentina. Lets wait and see what the Germans will do against Capdevilla, Puyol, Pigue and Sergio Ramos
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Zero2(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2010
Messi was good today, it was not his fault that there was no service to him from the midfield so he had to keep dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball.

You are right, good sense of judgment.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2010
German football lesson made and cultivated in Bavaria for Argies, Schweni player of d tournament so far

BWK

Where have you been. Did you see my boyz Schweinsteiger, Muller, Lahm etc

At the end of the day, its the fault of the Argentines for conceding a goal from a set piece (criminal defending) and
for getting caught on 3 subsequent counter-attacks

Did you watch the game? which counter attack? Only the 4th goal was a counter. The third goal was a build up from a throwing and Schweini dribbled past 4-5 Argentine players, How does that qualify as a counter?
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2010
PurestBoy:

Please be sincere to this question.

If you were asked to pick any player to your team free of charge, who would you prefer?? Please let's not condemn the boy because no player in his shoes will do better than he did

u dont have a clue . . .I will pay 100 Million dollars to have Scweini in my team . . .who wants free things like Messi ?

after a little while now, all these young boys like Ozil and Muller will take over and u lot will stop wanking over Messi that cant get his mojo right in a WC . . .rubbish and bunkumery !

Zero2:

don't mind all this silly old men that are kicking against a young boy that has really gone well, let me ask all of you bad bele people, if you have a son like lionel messi will you be were you are today, learn to celebrate the success of others so that success will come your way, Messi has done greater things before, Black men are always like this, they easily forget yesterday, that is why they can't get help, MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSI still the world best.

Messi cant be world best when he has had a shameful outing at the WC . . .are u guys ok at all ?

World footballer of the year in a WC year cant find his mojo, he is no defender, not a DM, and he cant get a goal . . and u guys are freaking talking out of your anuses ?

who cares if he scored 199 for Barca ?

at national team level he is so messed up, great players take games by the scruff of the neck and deliver such to their countries not whine about the quality of their colleagues  grin

Messi is offcially the BIGGEST FLOP OF THE WORLD CUP  . . .simples !  cool

somebody is even asking about the Castrol rankings of Messi ?

NEGATIVE 1 (-100) grin grin
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by davidif: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2010
PurestBoy:

Thank you my brother, they scored cheap goals due to defensive flops and were not better than the Argies, But Nairalanders are here crucifying Messi instead of Argentina. Lets wait and see what the Germans will do against Capdevilla, Puyol, Pigue and Sergio Ramos

THE GERMANS WERE A BETTER TEAM THAN THE ARGENTINEANS BUT ARGENTINA HAD THE BETTER PLAYERS ALSO BEATING A TEAM IS ABOUT GOAL SCORING. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER IT WAS A CHEAP GOAL OR WHATEVER, A GOAL IS STILL A GOAL. MESSI DID HIS BEST WITHIN THE CONSTRAINTS OF THE GAME BUT THE GERMANS WERE JUST INCREDIBLE AT DEFENDING HIM.

For a better analysis of the game go here http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/07/03/germany-4-0-argentina-germany-are-getting-better-and-better-and-better/
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by tkb417(m): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2010
@DK
Learn to discuss footie with those who understand the game
Not all these DSTV pikins

Some of them won't know anybody on the field today apart from d EPL stars and Messi
I thank God den never copy or reply ma post cos I for don curse dem
Lol
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by PurestBoy(m): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2010
davidif:

Messi was good today, it was not his fault that there was no service to him from the midfield so he had to keep dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball. Messi has been awesome in this tournament. Because he didn't score doesn't not mean that he wasn't incrdedible, the reason was because he was playing behind the two strikers rather than an out and out striker.

It seems you're the only one that saw the match, Messi had to go back to get the ball and distribute to the strikers who are most times not sharp to flow with his style of play. Di Maria was selfish in most cases and Higuain is not capable of handling big team.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2010
Messi is still a very good player and deservedly the World footballer of the year.

His failure at this world cup is down to Maradona's choices.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2010
PurestBoy:

It seems you're the only one that saw the match, Messi had to go back to get the ball and distribute to the strikers who are most times not sharp to flow with his style of play. Di Maria was selfish in most cases and Higuain is not capable of handling big team.

Why was Higuain prefered over Diego Milito?

Maradona is a complete mad man. Who made him coach?
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by samdigo(m): 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2010
i guess ballack is no longer needed
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Chongaiman: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2010
There we go again! So much passion about matters that should not ordinarily concern us! Can anyone link me to site where Germans would blow hot and cold on Naija matters?
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by tkb417(m): 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2010
@Mikeansy
The world footballer of the year might come from this world cup
Xavi, Iniesta, Villa,Bastian, Schneider are contenders
Messi is not.
He didn't win UCL nor the world cup
How on earth is he gonna win?
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2010
mikeansy:

Messi is still a very good player and deservedly the World footballer of the year.

ALL THIS TALK NA GRAMMAR.

what the whole world will remember after every world cup would be the semis and finals, not[b] MESSI TRIED HIS BEST but his colleagues were wack [/b]  grin

Messi is a good player but he didnt score whereas Yakubu scored  grin
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2010
Chongaiman:

There we go again! So much passion about matters that should not ordinarily concern us! Can anyone link me to site where Germans would blow hot and cold on Naija matters?

If u were truly unconcerned u would not have clicked on the thread let alone type.

The title Argentina v Germany should have put you off since it says Nigeria no where in the title.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2010
tkb417:

@Mikeansy
The world footballer of the year might come from this world cup
Xavi, Iniesta, Villa,Bastian, Schneider are contenders
Messi is not.
He didn't win UCL nor the world cup
How on earth is he gonna win?

do u think these DSTV bois understand this ?
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Zero2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2010
Messi is offcially the BIGGEST FLOP OF THE WORLD CUP  . . .simples !

People like you will surely sentence the innocent men and free the guilty ones, Are you blind or are you joking? If you continue like this, i bet you will do something terrible soonest, your sense of judgement is just too bad, men like you should not get close to the government house, else sani abacha's case will even be better.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by philip0906(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2010
mikeansy:

PurestBoy:

PurestBoy:

JESUS WEPT!!! embarassed embarassed
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by davidif: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2010
mikeansy:

Why was Higuain prefered over Diego Milito?

Maradona is a complete mad man. Who made him coach?

Because Higuain had been fantastic to that point scoring 4 goals. Well, as they say, hindsight is 20/20, when maradona was winning all this easy games nobody was talking now everybody seems to know what to do.

Chongaiman:

Then why are you here. Freaking leave, geez. Must everything "concern us"? ah ah na wa o. Just get out of here and go to the politics section then.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2010
Zero2:

People like you will surely sentence the innocent men and free the guilty ones, Are you blind or are you joking? If you continue like this, i bet you will do something terrible soonest, your sense of judgement is just too bad, men like you should not get close to the government house, else sani abacha's case will even be better.

how old are you ?

u sound 14 . . . my bet is you are 16 ?
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2010
davidif:

Because Higuain had been fantastic to that point scoring 4 goals. Well, as they say, hindsight is 20/20, when maradona was winning all this easy games nobody was talking now everybody seems to know what to do.

Then why are you here. Freaking leave, geez. Must everything "concern us"? ah ah na wa o. Just get out of here and go to the politics section then.

What I am saying is why is Higuain the first choice attacker in the world cup over Milito?

I always said it that Argentina are not good enough. Even when they beat us. I said it here that their team is very weak at the back

Do you honestly believe with the talent in Argentina a better coach will not take them to the finals?
Cambiasso would not have allowed Bastian have a field day

Javier Zanetti would not have given away chaep free kicks in dangerous positions like Ottamedi

Riquelme would have been the playmaker in the midfield allowing messi a free role upfield. Instead Messi was coming deep to pick balls.

Milito is a better 9 anytime anyday than Higuain.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by philip0906(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2010
@mikeansy,purestboy,davidif
pls do me a favour by answering these questions. . . .
How many attempts did Messi have on goal?
How many did he score?
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by PurestBoy(m): 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

ALL THIS TALK NA GRAMMAR.

what the whole world will remember after every world cup would be the semis and finals, not[b] MESSI TRIED HIS BEST but his colleagues were wack [/b]  grin

Messi is a good player but he didnt score whereas Yakubu scored  grin

and does that make Yakubu closer to Messi or better??
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by teric(m): 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2010
PurestBoy:

and does that make Yakubu closer to Messi or better??

no sir !

it shows how pathetic it is to have a WPOTY leave the WC without scoring a single goal  shocked  shocked

if Rooney couldnt score and there was an outcry . , defo Messi's one seems to me unbearable  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Free Sports Betting...booking code...football BET9JA / Pictures From The Final Of Copa Lagos Beach Soccer 2013 / Football Club Signs-up Messi’s 2-Weeks-Old Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.