Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,361 members, 7,910,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:10 PM

Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 (16857 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds to the Semi-Finals?

Argentina: 52% (12 votes)
Germany: 47% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

CAF Champions League: Etoile Du Sahel Vs Enyimba 3(3) - 0(4) On 20th April 2016 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by soloqy: 3:53am On Jul 04, 2010
Maradona went to the world cup with only strikers and inconsistent defenders. Veron who was supposed to be doing the creative part and feeding Messi and the other strikers was woeful in the first two matches so Maradona had to use the water carrier Maxi.

But its a wonderful experience watching Oziel play. Where the hell is Wenger in all this? angry angry
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 4:01am On Jul 04, 2010
All this pro-Messi defence is ALL IN UR MINDS ! Nobody gives a damn if Messi were an Antiguan or Haitian . . .point is: score a gaddem goal to etch ur name on d annals of d WC !

G Weah was a Liberian and was WPOTY '95 yet he was scoring great solo goals, Messi was playing alongside some of the best players in d world and u are making excuses 4 him : TEVEZ, HIGUAIN, DI MARIA, AGUERO, SAMUEL, BURDISSO, DEMICHELIS etc

y'all keep blaming d coaches, yet the best footballers the game has recognized have emerged from individual brilliance not from only how the coaches mould them.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by occam(m): 4:03am On Jul 04, 2010
well the Argentine football Federation rolled the dice on Maradona to bring them the WC and they lost out big time. No defence, no world cup. Maradona simply gambled that his players will score so much goals, opponents will be overwhelmed.

People said he inspired his players and gave them fredoom to play to their strength. Still, a great coach should have tactical plan (Xs and Os) as well. The guy had no clue and came up short against a well organised German team.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by soloqy: 4:26am On Jul 04, 2010
At the beginning of this thread, someone mentioned that she/he hates the German team cause they are racist but I told the person that it was then and not now. Below is my proof:

Sami Khedira: Powerful Midfielder, Father from Tunisia and mother from Germany.

Dennis Aogo: Defender, Father from Nigeria and mother from Germany. (Lahm is awesome and thats why he hasnt played yet at this worldcup).Part of the German side that won the under21 european championship last year.

Cacau: Striker: Totally Brazillian, no mixture.

Mesut Özil: Son of a Turkish Immigrant.(yeah, you heard me right).

Lukas Podolski: attacking midfielder, Parents are from Poland.

Jerome Boateng: Ghanaian Father

Serdar Tasci : Defender , From Turkey

Mario Gomez: Father is from Spain.

Miroslav Klose and Piotr Trochowski : both born in poland to polish parents.

Marko Marin: was born in Bosnia-Herzegovina to Bosnian parents .

So there you have it. The united nations of the German team. The primary reason why I love the team so much. smiley
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 4:39am On Jul 04, 2010
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by tkb417(m): 6:06am On Jul 04, 2010
No one is hating on Messi and u can't dispute the fact that he's a good baller
But why make excuses for him and the same set of people will be quick to curse Rooney and C Ronaldo
Someone even said he's gonna win WPOTY despite his Q-final elimination
So what happens to UcL and world cup winners?
They'll be overlooked just because Messi shd be given the award at all cost
I don't see that happening tho

If Holland wins, then Wesley will take this, if Germany wins, not sure but one of the players there will take it (Bastian), and if Spain wins, its so easy, Xavi, Iniesta or Villa will take it
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by NobiGod: 6:21am On Jul 04, 2010
Louis van Gaal was the best thing to happen to German football this season. He gave Thomas Mueller confidence by using him regularly ahead of more experience players and brought Bastian Schweinsteiger from the wing to midfield, where he can expend his inexhaustible energy . I like the way he plays and think football: to your face!!!

Today both players are key for Germany.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by AjanleKoko: 6:50am On Jul 04, 2010
Messi should have changed his nationality to Spanish when he was a teenager.
Obviously if he no see Xavi and Iniesta nothing dey happen. undecided undecided

As for the Albiceleste . . . time don reach for foreign coach. I recommend they hire Dunga to start with, so they can learn how to frigging defend grin

No use producing genius players and WPOTYs and going out of every world cup since '90 at 2nd round or quarters, any time serious opposition shows up.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by tkb417(m): 7:09am On Jul 04, 2010
@Ajanlekoko
I agree with u. Messi will be better off in Spains colors

Oga how far? I dey Accra since
We need to yarn abeg
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Okijajuju1(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2010
Who cares about messi, I'm glad someone finally put an end to both world cup winners turned coaches dreams (Dunga and Maradonna).

Now I'm rooting for the Netherlands, although my money is still on Germany.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by dayokanu(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2010
Its so obvious the English people are clueless Imagine a BBC commentator calling Charlize Theron a WAG
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 04, 2010
^^^^
Nor be only WAG. cheesy
Saw my boy Di Caprio there too.

What excuse are people giving?
If Messi doesn't get accurate passes to score then he is a mediocre.

Greats like Zidane, Maradona and even Ronaldinho create their own chances.
Why won't any decent striker score when he get's accurate passes?
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 04, 2010
I don't know which team to support now since my Brazil is out.
Maybe i'd support Germany so that me and DK can have a candlelight celebration if they win. tongue
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by denzel2009: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2010
BlueDiva:

^^^^
Nor be only WAG. cheesy
Saw my boy[b] Di Caprio[/b] there too.

What excuse are people giving?
If Messi doesn't get accurate passes to score then he is a mediocre.

Greats like Zidane, Maradona and even Ronaldinho create their own chances.
Why won't any decent striker score when he get's accurate passes?

The BBC guy called him Matt Damon.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by tkb417(m): 8:33am On Jul 04, 2010
Holland all the way abeg
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Ranoscky(m): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2010
Dis is what i call flawless victory!!!
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by medjai(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2010
Contrary to what a lot of people think, I think Messi did well even though he didnt score a goal. Argentina has the most shots on target in this WC, 39 and most of it have come from Messi. I think he was unlucky not to have scored. He forced Enyeama and the Korean keeper to make some of the greatest saves in football history. The players that didnt shine are Rooney and Ronaldo; Ronaldo always flops in big games
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by okooyinbo(m): 9:32am On Jul 04, 2010
DEUTSCHLAND UEBER ALLES, WIR SIND AM GROESSTEN

So stimmt der Satz nicht. Besser wäre: WIR SIND DIE GRÖSSTEN. Du weißt aber, dass es verboten ist, Deutschland über alles zu rezitieren?
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by wale0700(m): 9:37am On Jul 04, 2010
Maradona went to the world cup with only strikers and inconsistent defenders. Veron who was supposed to be doing the creative part and feeding Messi and the other strikers was woeful in the first two matches so Maradona had to use the water carrier Maxi.

But its a wonderful experience watching Oziel play. Where the hell is Wenger in all this? Angry Angry

he is watching.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2010
Once again the bundesliga triumphs. I see Holland vs Germany final. Germany is winning the 2010 W/C
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by ndigbo: 9:42am On Jul 04, 2010
Oya now Holland make una no fall my hand ooh. Let's go there Holland
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by ignis: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2010
Disgrace
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by sweetonyx(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2010
go get holland shocked shocked cheesy tongue
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by chelseabmw(m): 10:37am On Jul 04, 2010
i told u guys that germany is the country for this world cup finals
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by blackmann(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2010
medjai:

Contrary to what a lot of people think, I think Messi did well even though he didnt score a goal. Argentina has the most shots on target in this WC, 39 and most of it have come from Messi. I think he was unlucky not to have scored. He forced Enyeama and the Korean keeper to make some of the greatest saves in football history. The players that didnt shine are Rooney and Ronaldo; Ronaldo always flops in big games

True that bro. true that. Even though the dude didn't score, he at least performed way better that the other two combined, despite their hype that they will take the world by storm this world-cup.
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by DrKitaun(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2010
Holland might lose to Uruguay
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Sauron1: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Holland might lose to Uruguay

Unless you MURDER/KIDNAP Wesley Sneijder(WPOTY-elect).
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by tainot2002(m): 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2010
Go Go Go German
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2010
Na so so gibberish full this thread sha. . .SMH
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by dolu2007(m): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2010
An all time upset! That shows how weak the Argentines are. They have been playing smaller teams before now.

Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by Oskilala: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2010
I thought, Maradona was going to play the second half!! lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Argentina Vs Germany At [0 - 4] On 3rd July @ World Cup 2010 by alldone(m): 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2010
that was disgraceful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon / Nigeria Beats Rwanda, Reaches 4th Straight Afrobasket Women's Final / Exclusive: Super Eagles’ 2021 AFCON Opponents – Pedigrees, Stars To Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.