Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:42 AM

Assistance With Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Assistance With Javascript (1270 Views)

July Bootcamp Training - Full Stack Web Development With Javascript (mern Stack) / Tarot Website I Cooked With JavaScript,HTML / Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assistance With Javascript by beebi5(f): 1:01am On Sep 16, 2018
I just finished learning Html and Css but I'm stuck with JavaScript,I would appreciate any tutorials that can break it down for me. I understand the basics but i don't know how to apply it.

var nairalanders="I really need your help"
alert ("nairalanders"wink;
Re: Assistance With Javascript by jamesunum: 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
beebi5:
I just finished learning Html and Css but I'm stuck with JavaScript,I would appreciate any tutorials that can break it down for me. I understand the basics but i don't know how to apply it.

i was in your shoes once before, i learnt the basic of javascript but didn't know how to apply it, but over the months i've come to understand how powerfull javascript is, it helps with changing content on the website dynamically without refreshing the page, i relied a lot on w3school and over time i picked up a lot of concepts. So start a project, build a website and if you get confused just ask google and most times they direct you to w3school. There are no easy ways in learning these languages you just have to put in the work, just take your time. i have written a simple example to show javascript in action

<html>
<head>
<script>
function sayHello(){
document.getElementById("add"wink.innerHTML += "Hello ";
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<button onclick="sayHello()">Click Me</button>
<div id="add"></div>
</body>
<html>

this code prints out hello everytime you click Click Me with the help of javascript, javascripts keeps adding the hello in the div each time you click.
Re: Assistance With Javascript by beebi5(f): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
jamesunum:

i was in your shoes once before, i learnt the basic of javascript but didn't know how to apply it, but over the months i've come to understand how powerfull javascript is, it helps with changing content on the website dynamically without refreshing the page, i relied a lot on w3school and over time i picked up a lot of concepts. So start a project, build a website and if you get confused just ask google and most times they direct you to w3school. There are no easy ways in learning these languages you just have to put in the work, just take your time. i have written a simple example to show javascript in action

<html>
<head>
<script>
function sayHello(){
document.getElementById("add"wink.innerHTML += "Hello ";
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<button onclick="sayHello()">Click Me</button>
<div id="add"></div>
</body>
<html>

this code prints out hello everytime you click Click Me with the help of javascript, javascripts keeps adding the hello in the div each time you click.
Thank you so much for your help, i will do as you said smiley
Re: Assistance With Javascript by ValentineMary(m): 6:11am On Sep 17, 2018
We have Google for a reason. Use it
Re: Assistance With Javascript by trytillmake(m): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2018
Hello thats why u have google, programmers are resourceful people, try push yrself. ok some links below

https://www.w3schools.com/js/

https://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/javascript/javascript.html
Re: Assistance With Javascript by darexkey(m): 11:22am On Sep 17, 2018
chat me up 07039359066
Re: Assistance With Javascript by Simpath(m): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hello. The first step in learning in programming is the desires you've got. Pummel yourself to learn something new everytime, no matter how little. The concepts of javascript will naturally flow into you without you noticing it, that after a while you'll see yourself improved over time. Truly, javascript is tedious. But the good news is it is open source, and you'll find several works from different contributors online who freely distribute resources for your use.

What more! jQuery (also an Open Source) is a library of javascript that contributors develop to attend to particular purposes, like menu, slideshows and whatever you can think of on a webb page. jQuery is made so easy that you do not need to understand javascript in-depth before you use it--you just customize it with your little javascript knowledge.

Visit jQuery.org. That's the base station of jQuery, where you can find lots of resources. Don't also underestimate the power of Google. It can direct you to other resources.
Re: Assistance With Javascript by amInigerian: 1:26am On Dec 28, 2018
beebi5:

females coders always intrigue me.
I'd better stop getting too intrigued as I get married soon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ideas For Problem With Chat Server Application! / PIC Micro Hardware Programming Methods / The Second Coming Of Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.