Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,740 members, 7,885,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

How To Fight Depression - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Fight Depression (12587 Views)

10 Effective Tips To Fight Depression / Seven Natural Ways To Fight Depression / 4 Ways To Fight Depression And Stress Without Medication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Fight Depression by Vicky10: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
Pls i have been depressed for over 10years now,even though i live like i aint worried,but its obvious i can't take it anymore.anyone who has been here should pls post how he fought through

my guy we are all in it together

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by Angelfrost(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
Clinical depression (Major depression) can't be fought... It can only be treated with medications, counseling and rehabilitation.

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by stevups(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
You need a close friend, don't be alone.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Reffone: 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
I am depressed as him all I need is for someone to support me once in dis life
Re: How To Fight Depression by Olarewaju89: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
By reading your Bible or Quran daily and also pray always to God for quick answers. Plz, don't be far from someone you love. It help me a lot.
Re: How To Fight Depression by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
Pls i have been depressed for over 10years now,even though i live like i aint worried,but its obvious i can't take it anymore.anyone who has been here should pls post how he fought through
smoke some.it worked for me.I'm happy.trust me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Fight Depression by Besko(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
Most times, feeling of depression is largely caused by lack (say: money, love, good health, success or breakthrough), among others. Meanwhile, it's not the end of the road β€” there's a headway in sight.

Read:

1. The Secret Law of Attraction (watch the original video too)
2. Power of Your Subconscious Mind

(you can as well download the free versions online)

How I wish I could get in touch with you to forward some of these resources that are healing thousands across... Well, you can DM ...

God be with you and all of us!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Fight Depression by Olakunleyakub(m): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
My bro many people are living in d hardest of time and depression jst dat he had d courage to splited out.
Osarenoma1993:

My friend calm down, make them handle this guy matter first.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Opeoluwaabel: 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
My Dear Person,

Please i want to say that i understand how you are feeling. i have been through it too, and there are still issues i'm still trying to overcome, so in other words i have been fight depression too for some time now.

Solution: In trust and in Love, i tell you my dear brother or sister, Jesus is the solution. You need to know God and his Almightiness, and continue to trust Him to resolve whatever issues it is. You have to continue to hold on unto Him till He sees to the end of the issues. I have been fight depression alongside with Jesus and yet i'm still holding unto him till i see end to my many issues, Health, Education, Marriage, rejection, etc name it, i've had them all. SUICIDE IS NOT AN OPTION, ITS A SIN. JESUS is the giver of life and He alone is required to take it.

Keep waxing STRONGER, Dear. The WORLD awaits your story of victory!
Re: How To Fight Depression by frozen70(f): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
For every depression, their is an underlying case or causes

Takle it or throw it away

Don't fight it, fighting it, is what is affecting you

Get an alternative to whatever is the cause of the depression
Re: How To Fight Depression by Olakunleyakub(m): 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Senior man also interested.
iLegendd:

Wait!

Send me a message let's talk. Most depression is financial and I can show you how to make money for free. You don't need to pay me and I won't charge you.

Modified: After what I read on the other thread about this whole suicide thing being a scam, I retract all my statements in trying to help.

After all, 50% of Nigerians are probably depressed since Buhari took over. Even Mr. Buhari is probably depressed.

Let us enjoy the next level in peace. All the best to anyone who is depressed β€” God will see us through. Amen!

Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Shelumiel:
Brother , the only advice I can give to you is this : read your bible and hold onto God. Simple

Thanks
Re: How To Fight Depression by Zeinymira(f): 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:

I will advise you to see a professional. Talk to Mentally Aware Nigeria Initiative
Re: How To Fight Depression by AgentNairaland(f): 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
I Know (One Day/3x) Go Better...
Re: How To Fight Depression by Darevofpeace(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
This was how I fought mine.........

MY EXPERIENCE WITH DEPRESSION

It was in the year 2008,I couldn't believe it that I was yet to get admitted to the university after 5yrs.post secondary school. I left the secondary school in the year 2003 and having passed my Jamb and o'level,i kept picking unilorin all through the year and before I realised it I had already picked the school for solid 4yrs.
I choose to write on this article about "depression" because it's a topic most naija youth shy away from,I was an average student while in secondary and I was opportune to attend a Federal Government College so I got all the maximum exposure any unity school attendee's can relate with.Unity school's gives it student's "all round" exposure.
Three of my jamb were withheld courtesy of some student's fighting in the examination hall and things happening in other examination rooms with no fault of mine.It was a terrible experience for me and life seems to be "turningoninown"
Depression is so real, I experienced it and the taste is not good at all,like an average kid's born in the mid 80's,growing up was fun and I was quite intelligent and brilliant as well,the mid 80's kids has a blend of the old naija and the "massive transformation" of the early year 2000,we saw it all the military regime and the beginning of democracy in naija.
After two years of rounding up in the secondary school,I discovered that I was alone among my friends who is yet to be admitted, I began to loose my zeal,energy and vigour about the positivity of the future ahead.
Most of my friends felt my not getting admission was my own fault and i was physically abandon among peers,even most of the so called friend stopped talking to me because the assumption was that maybe i was an "unfortunate child" who is been paid back by the "gods" by not been admitted into the university of his choice when his secondary school colleagues are already doing there nysc.
I was a commercial student and because of the background been given to us at F.G.C going to the polytechnic was never an option,it must be a university.I would be so real with this my article and I am going to list out things I did and how I did win the battle against "depression"

(1)BUYING BOOK'S

Kids whose birthday fall's in the mid 80's would remember that learning a "trade" was not an option for us way back, why ? the assumption we were given way back was that your brain capacity is low for you to go learn any "trade" the in thing was getting into the university, study and graduate and settle for a white collar job.
After I discovered that I was always left alone at home to do the cooking, I was extremely bored,being an introvert I started saving up my cash to buy book's, I started visiting bookstore's and I became a "voracious" reader.
This was the beginning of discovering my "writing gift" every writer is a reader,and if you do not read others, nobody would ever read you" in life "the most amazing thing's could come from a terrible experience" it's not every fire in life that are meant to burn up a man,some were meant to purge a man and show him to his world.
This attitude of reading really changed me and it did make me to have about "103" personally written article all uploaded here on nairaland.If were to be I got admitted in time,i might not discover my "passion" "every negativity is always a blessing in disguise

(2)I BECAME MORE SPIRITUAL

It was my period of waiting for admission that I discovered " God " it wasn't that God was lost,but I was almost loosing my mind and I once attempt a suicide in the 5th year of the no admission experience.
I woke up in the year 2008 and went to pick up a kitchen knife and at the attempt of stabbing myself in a midnight,I heard a voice saying to my ear's "you are a fool for this attempt to kill yourself,why? you would loose the admission by dying and you would face divine judgement for taking the life that was not yours" the voice was clear,audible and fearful,I had goose pimples all over me as God speaks.
This day was the particular day I realised that our life is like a loan and we must return back to the "Creator" to give him the report of our sojourn here on earth.
I dropped the knife on the kitchen floor and went back to my room,for the atheist who argue against the "existence" of God, I am not going to argue with you,"God is alive" and so real.
The most pathetic thing was that my parent's were soundly asleep in there respective rooms and they would have just woke up the next morning and found me in the pool of my own blood, most naija parent's hardly know what is happening to there kids especially "teenager's",thou I was already in my early 20's in the year of the suicide attempt.
I can relate to any " mood swing" teenager's do experience as a result of there rapid growing up and the "battles of the mind" they do face.

(3) I SHUNNED ALL YOUTHFUL VICE'S

Thou I was a deep introvert as a secondary school student way back, I have issues with "self esteem" and I lack any faith in my own ability, parent's should watch the way they talk to there kids during there formative year's,my parent's prefer to abuse me verbally than flogging, I never knew this attitude kept destroying my "positive mechanism" which took about 15years for me to win.
Till date,I had never smoke a cigarette nor taking a bottle of alcohol before, why ? because of my introverted nature,I assumed that could it be because of many of my unconfessed sin's as a teenager in the years past was the reason God was denying me an "admission"
We can all relate because of our approach to religion in this part of Africa,the first thing we are made to believe is that "there is a sin in you and that is the reason you do have continuous failures in life" this assumption is wrong and may God deliver us and change the messages of the naija "men of God"
I have discovered something in life by studying the life of the "biblical job" he was a righteous man and the God who makes the heaven and the earth was showing him off to the devil
Listen friends, "not everybody who have bout's of negative circumstances in life are living in sin and not all who have present success are living holy" but time would surely heal all wound's someday and the truth of "life mysteries" shall be made known to all and sundry.
To be continued.............

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by OlawaleBammie: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
healthserve:

Wait o

Aren't you the guy considering suicide recently
Just yesterday!!!
Re: How To Fight Depression by OlawaleBammie: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
healthserve:

Wait o

Aren't you the guy considering suicide recently
Just yesterday!!!
Re: How To Fight Depression by healthserve(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Just yesterday!!!

Shouldn't be taken as joke o. That's how they all start o
Re: How To Fight Depression by Rapmoney(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2019
This post was created since 2018 and the poster was seeking for advice but the moderators didn't see it necessary to push it to front page...only to do that in 2019. What a shame!!! Instead of pushing topics like this to front page, they would rather push irrelevant topics to front page!

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by idesylvester(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
What do you do for a living, what are ur financial challenges and what do u desire in life that's not forth coming? maybe we can start from there...
Re: How To Fight Depression by THMT: 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2019
Wrote this before.....

Whats wrong is life is really unfair. I relocated to Nigeria with wife and kids with high hopes but my fruit business worth millions crashed in a month of dealing with a wrong Nigerian.
In my strugle and difficult times I found Mrs. Flirting on facebook with a lover I have caught her with before and banned her from contacting when i suspected their communication.
I just lost my Iphone i planed to sell to raise money and my laptop screen was broken by my kid so selling it wont get anything much.
To you thinking about suiside do you known what it means to be based abroad for years only to be broke with out 500 naira in account or pocket?
Feeding once a day with out even knowing what next to do or start from?
No trust in your matrimonial home?
Relatives i have helped in the past went solo soon as they got to know i am now zero?
My partners abroad accused me falsely saying the marketer is a Nigerian like me so I played a fast one on them but truth is I never got a penny from the loss.
I have written a death letter before and wanted to kill myself but could not help thinking how my innocent kids will become fatherless couple with the sad fact of leaving them 100 percent with their mum.
Now what kills faster than emotional depression and lack of money? The answer is Nothing.
Do you know my pains Watching my daughter not going to school yesterday because i could not pay school fees or even pay for transport to the school?
My only sane brother who has been helpfull by encouraging me is not really feeling the heat like me here in Nigeria and he is not also financially stable at the moment because he supported when he could.
Am dieing slowly and Dont know when death by suicide or health will take place but till then, You thinking about killing yourself due to poverty depression or emotional breakdown which is eating my heart and body at the moment, i repeat JOIN ME AND LOOK AT DEATH IN THE FACE AND SCREAM NOT TODAY AND NOT NOW.
TILL DEATH COMES BY ACCIDENT OR NATURALLY please let us keep hope alive. I am alive but not living, hope is all i have now.

3 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by Fisher400: 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
listen to good songs
Re: How To Fight Depression by fencewireman(m): 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
In addition to precaution people have given.

This is newest prevention globally.

Do your research on it and try it within two weeks.

CBD oil is the solution

Call me privately.
On 08092903328

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Fight Depression by nasbidemi(m): 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
As anybody been able to get in touch with this guy yet
Re: How To Fight Depression by FODA(m): 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
iLegendd:

Wait!

Send me a message let's talk. Most depression is financial and I can show you how to make money for free. You don't need to pay me and I won't charge you.

Modified: After what I read on the other thread about this whole suicide thing being a scam, I retract all my statements in trying to help.

After all, 50% of Nigerians are probably depressed since Buhari took over. Even Mr. Buhari is probably depressed.

Let us enjoy the next level in peace. All the best to anyone who is depressed β€” God will see us through. Amen!

I need it too sir,zero eight one,three six nine one five five six four
Re: How To Fight Depression by SeniorKing(m): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Just go to the CAFE to buy time. angry angry
Albinoflash:
i tried that for long but it only got worse,now have lost faith in everything.religion,friends,family,Nigeria and even life itself.can't focus anymore.am at the extreme,just trying to buy time
Re: How To Fight Depression by DannyCool1: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash, Get this book and start reading.. you will really enjoy this life afterwards no matter the case. The lord is your strength. It’s one of my old books.

Life is so so beautiful!

Thank me later.

Re: How To Fight Depression by spandola: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
Brother,Being depressed is not an easy thing..Was depressed some time ago after I signed a shorty of about 8million naira for a lady(family friend).She Got d money from a micro finance bank and absconded to the US.The Micro finance bank sent a letter via a police officer to head of securities in my place of work but the luck I had then was that the guy happens to be a good friend that we hang out regularly.He quickly alerted me and informed me to call the police officer that brought the letter to my office.I had to strike a deal with the micofinace bank and was paying dem 250k every pa day of the month coupled with the fact that I was running a personal bank loan which was engolfing not less tha n 300k from me..When ever pay day was coming close I would be more depressed because I might not have enough money to take care of my family needs..I was so depressed and even sold my cars,but having my wonderful family and friends helped me get by..There was even a time that my mum had to pay my rent of about 1.2m and even paid my kids school fees..I always made sure I hung out with my good friends and share my problems with them.Am done paying the debt and am back on track.Please discuss your issues with close friends and Families..A problem shared is half solved.

2 Likes

Re: How To Fight Depression by getby: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
I work in one of the best companies in the US and, I'm okay with my salary but I had a health issue with depression that almost destroyed. It started as uncontrollable bitterness and sadness. Gradually, suicidal thoughts became very strong. The urge was beyond me. I tried everything but no positive result. Then, I started to always set aside time to be alone just for prayers. I drive to lonely parks and engage in serious prayer using the prayer rain book. I also pray all manners of prayers-generate prayers points from evil events in my dreams, I turned the book of Psalms into a prayer booklet, I listen to men of God (Charles Spurgeon, Derek Prince, Pastor D.K. Olukoya) and generate prayers points from their sermons e.t.c
One day, I looked towards the kitchen while standing in the sitting room and I saw a being dressed like a masquerade. As it was about to enter the sitting room, it disappeared. God just delivered me from an ancestral spirit! The evil urge left me and I became light.
This might not be the case for everybody but I believe strongly that these spirits are responsible for most of the evil incidents like suicide, depression. It is a battle. A continuous one that we must not neither retreat nor surrender.
You must try to meditate on the word of God. New verses every day. Hold on to the verses as if your life depends on it. Don't compare yourself with other persons. Don't be worried about events/situations around you (Philippians 4: 4-6). Speak up when seeing things you don't want. Guard your mind always with the word of God. Talk to God as if he is a friend and close to you literally.
I always remind myself that the number of days that I have on this earth is limited(less than one million) then, I need to stay glued to God and enjoy my life.

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
depression is usually caused by an underlying inquisitive nature to the meaning of life .. my friend never dwell on that question cause its useless.. there's no meaning u are gonna find except for the fact that u're here, now till u're gone. instead seek for more positve experience in living. Belief in things that are greater and bigger than your own self. try to put yourself out there, don't try to take on the world alone remember 1 is too insignificant to achieve anything significant. and remember if you think pessimistically try to flip the thought on it's head read learned optimism. argue against ur own inner voice in a mirror.. limit ur screen tym there's a real world out there just waiting to burst out to you. and lastly try a bit of weed or just plain alcohol if your primary temperament isn't melancholy..
Re: How To Fight Depression by horlarwereleh(m): 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
iLegendd:

We thank God for life.

Sent you a DM sir.
Kindly reply
Thanks
Re: How To Fight Depression by mewi: 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nafdac Says Foreign Eva Soap Is Fake. / Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.