Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,770 members, 7,886,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 08:29 PM

How To Fight Depression - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Fight Depression (12591 Views)

10 Effective Tips To Fight Depression / Seven Natural Ways To Fight Depression / 4 Ways To Fight Depression And Stress Without Medication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Fight Depression by spandola: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
It is well with you bro
Re: How To Fight Depression by SamOyovwi: 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
Because you had faith in religion. Have faith in God not religion. God is not in religion. Build a relationship with him. Christianity is not a religion but a person who has a relationship with God
Albinoflash:
i tried that for long but it only got worse,now have lost faith in everything.religion,friends,family,Nigeria and even life itself.can't focus anymore.am at the extreme,just trying to buy time
Re: How To Fight Depression by turischool(m): 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
Pls i have been depressed for over 10years now,even though i live like i aint worried,but its obvious i can't take it anymore.anyone who has been here should pls post how he fought through

volunteer more dont give room for loneliness look for any ngo or church activities and volunteer to serve for free
and finally try learn a new language or skill it will bring life back to you
Re: How To Fight Depression by Caseless: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
i tried that for long but it only got worse,now have lost faith in everything.religion,friends,family,Nigeria and even life itself.can't focus anymore.am at the extreme,just trying to buy time
change your environment. Try new things. Try learn a skill(ICT preferably). Find a primary school to go teach young kids for free.

Most importantly, visit the sick - visit orthopaedic hospital or graveyards- to see why you should be thankful to your creator. Always look at the positive side of everything. Quit blaming yourself or anyone else for whatever it's you're going through.

Those who give up define Weakness . I know you're not weak - don't give up. If you're a christian, quit attending prosperity churches. Stop looking at what people post on social media. They have their own issues too.

Don't give up!
Re: How To Fight Depression by OlawaleBammie: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
healthserve:

Shouldn't be taken as joke o. That's how they all start o
I heard he had bn battling wt it for long, i didn't even knw wat to say all i was praying for is dat he failed to execute his plan yesterday and i hope he's stil alive.

depression is a bitch, av bn der before but God just showed me the way to quench its flame.

hmm, i pray he win dis race, its nt easy tho...
Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
I'm a psychiatrist. Contact me on 07038700406. Whatsapp only
Re: How To Fight Depression by Legendguru: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
Make money
Re: How To Fight Depression by MistadeRegal(m): 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
Pls i have been depressed for over 10years now,even though i live like i aint worried,but its obvious i can't take it anymore.anyone who has been here should pls post how he fought through

1. Pray always.
2. Read the Bible especially Psalm 136, 51 and 91.
3. Find someone to talk to.
4. Don't think about what will bring you sadness.
5. Take a walk when you feel lonely or alone.
6. Try playing at keyboard or guitar if you have one.
7. Find a trusted person as a companion.
8. Never spend much time alone unless at cases of 1 and 2.
Re: How To Fight Depression by abilereggie: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
I don't know how this is going to help but I'm passing through the same thing now, rule number one is don't panic (fear) be calm at all times especially when that feeling of worthlessness comes, you'll over come it, stop thinking too much mostly about thinks that hurt your heart, be calm at all times, I read that you should eat well, go out in the sun ( let the sun scorch you and remind you that you are alive ), those pictures you see in your head though they're very compelling, just forget it, it is what it is just pictures, read your bible and try to focus on things you used to find funny or you used to love, when you make mistakes don't think much on it, when you read a whole article and all you remember is death, just forget it you'll be Alright, God is the healer, everything will be fine in time, distance yourself from things that gives you anxiety and try to do things that you used to fear like confronting people and looking them in the eye, desist from anger and anything that'd pinch the heart....you'll be fine dear, it's happening to me as I write this but don't worry you'll laugh soon, always be in company of friends, old ones or make new ones, just go with the flow of now.

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by Adedayo97(m): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
iLegendd:

Wait!

Send me a message let's talk. Most depression is financial and I can show you how to make money for free. You don't need to pay me and I won't charge you.

Modified: After what I read on the other thread about this whole suicide thing being a scam, I retract all my statements in trying to help.

After all, 50% of Nigerians are probably depressed since Buhari took over. Even Mr. Buhari is probably depressed.

Let us enjoy the next level in peace. All then best to anyone who is depressed — God will see us through. Amen!

sir pls u can also teach me how to make money .
without too much stress
Re: How To Fight Depression by abilereggie: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
You're not the only one, many people are broken out there, be determined to live, if you used to masturbate desist from it, that thing is the devil's tool.
Re: How To Fight Depression by usj(m): 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
Sorry bros, please identify the root cause and act against it. I was once in your shoe until I read "Attitude is everything " by Keith Harrell. You have to fight for you happiness. Look for friends that makes you laugh, watch & listen to comedy, exercise regularly, stop taken things personally and try and listen to Joel Osteen, you can find a whole lot of material on YouTube. Should you need someone to talk to you can fine a friend in me. This too shall pass
Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hi,are you still on?if you don't mind me asking y are you depressed in the 1st place,what happened?
Re: How To Fight Depression by chosen29: 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
iLegendd:

Wait!

Send me a message let's talk. Most depression is financial and I can show you how to make money for free. You don't need to pay me and I won't charge you.

Modified: After what I read on the other thread about this whole suicide thing being a scam, I retract all my statements in trying to help.

After all, 50% of Nigerians are probably depressed since Buhari took over. Even Mr. Buhari is probably depressed.

Let us enjoy the next level in peace. All the best to anyone who is depressed — God will see us through. Amen!

God bless you and to the op, pls don't give up on yourself. It's sad to see how Nigerians react to depression though
Re: How To Fight Depression by swetjo(f): 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2019
Try working on that particular need that can make you feel better. The depression will go if you can achieve it.
Thank God I am alive today.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:

What exactly is causing it ? There mist be some thing an issue ..something get to it and you will know how to go about it
Re: How To Fight Depression by Cousin9999: 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2019
Mustsucceed:

What exactly is causing it ? There mist be some thing an issue ..something get to it and you will know how to go about it

It's a troll.
Re: How To Fight Depression by cigaricon(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
lift yourself bro

Re: How To Fight Depression by merits(m): 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
Albinoflash:
Bros try and make fast of odds days, like 3,7,11 days etc.bliff me yu will tnkme later.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Unclesamo(m): 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
spandola:
Brother,Being depressed is not an easy thing..Was depressed some time ago after I signed a shorty of about 8million naira for a lady(family friend).She Got d money from a micro finance bank and absconded to the US.The Micro finance bank sent a letter via a police officer to head of securities in my place of work but the luck I had then was that the guy happens to be a good friend that we hang out regularly.He quickly alerted me and informed me to call the police officer that brought the letter to my office.I had to strike a deal with the micofinace bank and was paying dem 250k every pa day of the month coupled with the fact that I was running a personal bank loan which was engolfing not less tha n 300k from me..When ever pay day was coming close I would be more depressed because I might not have enough money to take care of my family needs..I was so depressed and even sold my cars,but having my wonderful family and friends helped me get by..There was even a time that my mum had to pay my rent of about 1.2m and even paid my kids school fees..I always made sure I hung out with my good friends and share my problems with them.Am done paying the debt and am back on track.Please discuss your issues with close friends and Families..A problem shared is half solved.

u wr lucky to have friends..
dos friends we eventually speak up to, makes mockery & distance themselves.
one is forced to think, "of wat use is life?"
U wr lucky to have friends.
it's not easy holding on....definitely not easy still holding on.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
forget about the future take off the fear of death and enjoy ur life
Re: How To Fight Depression by EmpressT(f): 12:17am On Sep 27, 2019
I sincerely concur with Shelumiel. I was also a victim of depression since childhood until Febuary this year. Why? Because of low self-esteem and my inability to realize how great, brave, smart, wonderful and appealing I am. I used to be someone who sees my happiness in others forgetting I could be happy all by myself without faking it. It was so hard for me to get back on my feet. My dear, depression is real and it spreads wide like diabetes and the end of it is suicide. It took me deep counsel from my siblings, and taking my time and effort to meditate on God's word. I later noticed gradual improvement while reading the Bible and listening to tapes that feed your mind with good messages about who you are. I love listening to soul gospel and jazz music from my best ''Yanni''. These tools have motivate and re-mould me to become an exceptional being. I could care less about what people say or think of me because I will never again stoop myself low for someone who doesn't deserve me. I have mastered emotional challenges and fear of not loving myself and now I am an overcomer. I have known to love God with all my heart, I have known to love myself and see how valuable I am.
My friend, you got to let go of anything that will cause you hurt and pain. Learn to let go gradually. You should discuss your problems with someone you can trust and confide in. Learn to explore..... Go out for social gatherings that are of benefits. Avoid being alone all the time. Watch comic movies just to make you laugh. And there's nothing bad crying out your eyes when pouring your mind out with a trusted soul. Read intellectual books. Take charge of your emotions. When I feel down on occassions, I go to have fun with kids. I am always excited being around them. Learn to smile alot. And above all, read the Bible from the first to the end. There are alot of things to catch up from it if you are willing to free yourself from depression. Depression has no regard for anybody. You are the one to put a stop to it before it draws you to an early grave. Your life is too precious to be thinking about this deadly illness. Jesus Christ, the Judge of the ends of the earth loves you infinitely and He cares for you my dear friend. Give Him a chance to take permanent charge and control of the source of your thoughts. Please, visit a true man/woman of God or a therapist to assist you to be healed from within. I pray this helps.
Albinoflash:
Re: How To Fight Depression by P0c0p0c0: 12:30am On Sep 27, 2019
Duggedised12:
this forum alone can kill your good vibes, there are some days all through front page is nothing but bad news .On those days i head to Pinterest to watch happy pictures just to dillute the bad vibes i got from front page.

Lol cheesy You come off as a bubbly person sha.
Re: How To Fight Depression by ABOVEDELAW: 3:31am On Sep 27, 2019
JUST WISH IT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU OR ONE OF YOURS, ALL THOSE YOUR PREACHINGS WILL BE STORIES. I'M NOT SURE YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO BE DEPRESSED.
Shelumiel:
You tried but gave up because you wanted to . Life is all about never giving up ; especially on things worth holding unto . So go back and pray to God in all sincerity to help you.
Re: How To Fight Depression by Duggedised12(f): 5:11am On Sep 27, 2019
P0c0p0c0:

Lol cheesy You come off as a bubbly person sha.
no time o,nothing wey person wan see wey never happen before. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Fight Depression by lenghtinny(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2019
The truth is everyone is depressed both far and wide.... Na the willpower to stay alive and stand tall in the face of adversity that differs angry

Inside life, happiness can't be 100%. There will always be happy moments and sad moments. All we can do is hope and try as much as possible to ensure that the happy moment supercedes the sad moments.

Life's not so easy even for Mr. Eazi. You got to keep your head up and fight....
Re: How To Fight Depression by mokane28: 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
Chaii, it's well with you bro, people dey pass through a lot inside life
spandola:
Brother,Being depressed is not an easy thing..Was depressed some time ago after I signed a shorty of about 8million naira for a lady(family friend).She Got d money from a micro finance bank and absconded to the US.The Micro finance bank sent a letter via a police officer to head of securities in my place of work but the luck I had then was that the guy happens to be a good friend that we hang out regularly.He quickly alerted me and informed me to call the police officer that brought the letter to my office.I had to strike a deal with the micofinace bank and was paying dem 250k every pa day of the month coupled with the fact that I was running a personal bank loan which was engolfing not less tha n 300k from me..When ever pay day was coming close I would be more depressed because I might not have enough money to take care of my family needs..I was so depressed and even sold my cars,but having my wonderful family and friends helped me get by..There was even a time that my mum had to pay my rent of about 1.2m and even paid my kids school fees..I always made sure I hung out with my good friends and share my problems with them.Am done paying the debt and am back on track.Please discuss your issues with close friends and Families..A problem shared is half solved.
Re: How To Fight Depression by jimmynauty: 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2019
Albinoflash:

Start by Thanking Yahweh... for those little insignificant like still been alive for 10yrs with depression..Phew!
Re: How To Fight Depression by toygod2: 4:59am On Sep 28, 2019
Mmmm
Re: How To Fight Depression by Ajibade123(m): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2019
why depressed....see simple lifestyle tips that can make you really happy https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-be-happy-with-your-life/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nafdac Says Foreign Eva Soap Is Fake. / Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / COVID-19: Doctors Threaten Indefinite Strike Over Working Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.