Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,222 members, 7,943,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

Today In The Book Of Exodus Chapter 32 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today In The Book Of Exodus Chapter 32 (256 Views)

I Need More Explaination Of Exodus 20:4-5 / Book Of Exodus — NLT (story Of Moses and Isreal journey out of Egypt) / Interpretation Of Exodus 20:5-6, 'thou Shall Not Bow Down Unto Any Othe God' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Today In The Book Of Exodus Chapter 32 by kppo(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2018
In the book of Exodus, Moses had gone up to the mountain of God to receive the commandments. While he (Moses) tarried there, the people at the camp got Aaron (Moses' brother) to make a golden calf for them to worship. To them (i.e. the people), they were showing their appreciation to the God who brought them out of Egypt. However, they didn't realise that they had slipped into idolatry (idol worship). They were no longer worshipping the true God, but were now worshipping a god of gold. It was until the return of Moses before they realized their error. At that point, Aaron said the people made him do it. Unfortunately, there were devastating consequences that led to the people being separated into those who were with Moses or not.

The above situation is true of our current state as the people of God. Just as Moses tarried on the mountain of God, so also does the return of Jesus Christ tarry. And while Jesus tarries, the people of God have unknowingly slipped into idolatry. Nowadays, the people of God are worshipping a god of gold just as the Israelites started worshipping the golden calf. The primary motive of 'worshipping God' nowadays is for what God can give me: money, cars, houses, job, promotion, fruit of the womb, spouse, admission, visa, etc. These are all 'golden calves'. Jesus said you cannot worship God and Mammon. Mammon in this case being the golden calf.

The truth is, one day Jesus Christ will return from heaven just as Moses returned from the mountain of God. On that day, the pastors and priests will say the people made me do it just as Aaron said. Aaron represents the priesthood. The people were the ones who 'demanded' for a god of gold. After all, the pews would be empty if the pastors and priests didn't 'supply' a god of gold. But then, Jesus Christ will cause there to be a separation between those who are for Him and those who are not.
Re: Today In The Book Of Exodus Chapter 32 by suqexconcepts(m): 10:47am On Sep 20, 2018
Oh Lord my GOD, Please help me not to get distracted.

Amen.

(1) (Reply)

The Success Of A Man Of God / Reasons Why You Should Stop Praying / Elysium World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.