Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,847 members, 7,882,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:15 PM

Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max (16340 Views)

The Galaxy A Series! / Samsung’s Foldable Phone Is The Galaxy Fold, Starting At N714,780 / Samsung Will Earn More On The Iphone X Than On The Galaxy S8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Ivegotsolutions(m): 8:08am On Sep 21, 2018
Neatly used Techno Phantom 8 for sale.
08122218470, 08077733373

SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro)

4G LTE: YES, LTE

Screen Size : 5.7 Inches FHD IPS Touchscreen

Screen Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (403 PPI)

Processor Type: Octa-core 2.60 GHz Cortex, Mediatek chipset

RAM: 6GB

Internal Storage: 64GB.

External Storage: microSD, up to 2TB

Back / Rear Camera: 12MP + 13MP camera & LED Flash

Front Camera: 20MP with LED flash

Battery: 3500 mAh (non-removable)

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by ddjay: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2018
tecno people abeg just read and don't spoil this premium thread with tecno comments, infact using a tecno phone to type a comment can spoil this thread,na big guys thread be this.abeg no spoil am 4 us

5 Likes

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by fotadmowmend(m): 8:22am On Sep 21, 2018
These phones are good but definitely not for everybody especially in Nigeria where many earns nothing close to $1000 even in a year. The worse thing about these expensive devices is that they don't worth it in the real sense

3 Likes

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2018
Drjafy:
I will buy an Iphone any day, anytime. Been using my iPhone 6 since 2014. Still runs great with no wahalla. I’m upgrading to another iphone soon. The last Samsung i used was Note 4.... Battery problem after a year of usage, Screen cracked and replacement was 50k. I dumped the useless phone in one drawer like that�
I swear
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 21, 2018
Did you TechCapon hold both phone for comparison or you just using BS online specs for comparison

Guess we should never take you serious cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by DoggieStyle: 8:47am On Sep 21, 2018
It's Obvious Samsung Produces Better Smartphones Than Apple, One on One.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is Bae... But I See No Reason to Upgrade Yet. Samsung Made a Smart Move With The New S-Pen which is The MAIN and ONLY Reason to Upgrade As Far As I'm Concerned.

I Tried The Note 9 S-Pen on My Note 8, It Functions Properly as a S-Pen But The Remote Control Features Didn't Work with The Note 8.

Still, I See No Reason Why a Nigerian With a Note 8 Should Upgrade to The Note 9. They Are ALMOST The Same. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by LadyExcellency: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2018
DoggieStyle:

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is Bae... But I See No Reason to Upgrade Yet. Samsung Made a Smart Move With The New S-Pen which is The MAIN and ONLY Reason to Upgrade As Far As I'm Concerned.

I Tried The Note 9 S-Pen on My Note 8, It Functions Properly as a S-Pen But The Remote Control Features Didn't Work with The Note 8.

Still, I See No Reason Why a Nigerian With a Note 8 Should Upgrade to The Note 9. They Are ALMOST The Same. wink

Why buy S-pen when ordinary pencil does the job. Just sharpen the pencil and open the space on the pencil to grip with your hand. Voilà it works
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by cupid4ig(m): 9:18am On Sep 21, 2018
Drjafy:
I will buy an Iphone any day, anytime. Been using my iPhone 6 since 2014. Still runs great with no wahalla. I’m upgrading to another iphone soon. The last Samsung i used was Note 4.... Battery problem after a year of usage, Screen cracked and replacement was 50k. I dumped the useless phone in one drawer like that�
and u forgot to add no updates from Samsung. While Apple still supports iPhone 5s

2 Likes

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 21, 2018
Bobbyrobby1:
My problem with Samsung is the screen, if this note 9 screen break, my brother forget it, u will spend almost the same amount in buying the phone and fixing the screen
same with the iphone max
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by DoggieStyle: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2018
LadyExcellency:

Why buy S-pen when ordinary pencil does the job. Just sharpen the pencil and open the space on the pencil to grip with your hand. Voilà it works

grin grin grin I Didn't buy the S-Pen actually, tried it from my Cousin's Note 9. I Wouldn't Waste Money on That. BTW, your pencil trick Can Only Work on Paper tongue tongue tongue
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by DoggieStyle: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2018
cupid4ig:
and u forgot to add no updates from Samsung. While Apple still supports iPhone 5s

How Would You Know There's Update From Samsung When The Samsung You Used Was a First Generation Samsung..? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by LadyExcellency: 9:33am On Sep 21, 2018
DoggieStyle:

grin grin grin I Didn't buy the S-Pen actually, tried it from my Cousin's Note 9. I Wouldn't Waste Money on That. BTW, your pencil trick Can Only Work on Paper tongue tongue tongue

Seriously, it works. Pure and applied science.

The amorphous material has almost the same capacitive reactance as your hand.
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Jackipapa: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2018
All I see is a good marketer, wham!

1 Like

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by DoggieStyle: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2018
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by LadyExcellency: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2018
DoggieStyle:

Definitely,

You Don't Know Much About The S-Pen And What It Does Then.

It Does Far More Than What You Can Do With Your Finger and Whole Hand. cool

It activates some functions which advertently can still be locally activated hence not much difference to warrant the cost of lost pen
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2018
cupid4ig:
That alone makes me stick to apple..they still support a phone that was launched 5 years ago..I can't say the same for Samsung phones of 3 years ago..apple believes in continuity and longevity..and about the battery life, the OP stated that he doesn't know the battery life of the iPhone Xs max, he hasn't even done a hands on review of it but already gave Samsung the winner in the battery department? grin

3 Likes

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by omicpet(m): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2018
dear son, you'll understand that life and choices are not all about tech sheets and figures .

What's good for the geese isn't always good for the gander

1 Like

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by omicpet(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

That alone makes me stick to apple..they still support a phone that was launched 5 years ago..I can't say the same for Samsung phones of 3 years ago..apple believes in continuity and longevity..and about the battery life, the OP stated that he doesn't know the battery life of the iPhone Xs max, he hasn't even done a hands on review of it but already gave Samsung the winner in the battery department? grin

thank you o my brother. I just shake my head when people come spew about Samsung devices.

What's the difference in a Sammy device and any other Android mobile on the shelf or say a flagship
Same ecosystem different tune. Same feeling .

You can only get the iOS on the iPhone and mind you for most who the UI is leagues ahead .
Security , updates and do I have to state relaibilty.

Any apple user will gladly cough up the bucks for whatever product he's picking cos the longetivity is there and need I speak of support .

2 Likes

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Themandator: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

I want to compare both flagship phones from two of the biggest rivals in the smartphone industry, Samsung and Apple. The Galaxy Note 9 is the best Samsung phone out there for now while the iPhone XS Max is Apple’s best phone as well. These high end devices are almost the same price (around $1000) but the iPhone is still a little more expensive. I will be doing this comparison side by side. Enjoy

iPhone XS Max vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Display

iPhone XS Max: 6.5-inch OLED, 1242 x 2688, 458 ppi
Galaxy Note 9: 6.4-inch OLED, 1440 x 2960, 516ppi
Both screen panels are made with OLED. Obviously the screen on the iPhone XS Max is a little bigger than that on the Galaxy Note 9 with just an inch but the Resolution and pixel density on the Note 9 is more than that on the iPhone XS Max.

WINNER: GALAXY NOTE 9

XS Max vs Galaxy Note 9: Performance and processor.

While we wait for the latest Snapdragon 855 chipset to be released, the Snapdragon 845 which powers the Galaxy Note 9 is the most powerful processor from Qualcomm. The Snapdragon 845 brings first-class speeds and tremendous power efficiency that lets the Note 9 easily last a full day on heavy usage. iPhone XS Max uses the A12 Bionic which is the most powerful chipset from Apple but apart from what Apple told us about the chip, we don’t really know much. Already the A11 Bionic is very powerful, so if they say the A12 is more powerful, then it means the A12 is very powerful indeed.

WINNER: iPhone XS Max

XS Max vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Battery

iPhone XS Max: Lasts 1.5 hours longer than the iPhone X
Galaxy Note 9: 4,000mAh

There’s going to be a little argument here simply because Apple refuse to tell the world the size of their battery. They just give us estimates on paper about how long it is expected to last which in my opinion cannot be trusted. Samsung Note has massive 4000mAH battery capacity which we all know to be an absolute workhorse. Combining this battery with the Snapdragon 845, it’s a real bomb.

WINNER: GALAXY NOTE 9

I don't really care much about anything in a phone but the battery life and from my personal experience, Apple products remains the best.... I have used my iPad,consistently, for over two years and the battery still works fine but a friend that bought these Samsung pads can't use the thing unless he sits by the sides of an electric extension wire.
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Themandator: 10:54am On Sep 21, 2018
Na true. I have an update waiting, currently. It is over one gig... I go do on Saturday weyi go get chance... Apple battery remains the best on the long run...

omicpet:

thank you o my brother. I just shake my head when people come spew about Samsung devices.

What's the difference in a Sammy device and any other Android mobile on the shelf or say a flagship

You can only get the iOS on the iPhone and mind you for most who the UI is leagues ahead .

Any apple user will gladly cough up the bucks for whatever product he's picking cos the longetivity is there and need I speak of support .

2 Likes

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Themandator: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2018
DoggieStyle:

Samsung is not for heavy call guys like me. The thing doesn't last.. I am more interested in battery.
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Themandator: 11:00am On Sep 21, 2018
Clevverjhay:
As long as I am concern... Samsung will remain the best phone on earth.... Are u waiting to see the downfall of apple ios? Well wait till Samsung launch their foldable phone next year that when u will know iPhones are craps.

#smile

Nobody builds battery beterthan those apple guys not even Nokia

2 Likes

Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by ponti93(m): 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
@op, thank you... As for me and my men, we are patiently waiting for Samsung galaxy s10 plus.... And if it doesn't come with a major upgrade, we will wait for the next... Man cant be buying the same specs with little upgrade every year... The gods wont be happy with us
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by Analysiscorner: 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
Drjafy:
Sell it. IPhone can also have problems of screen damage. Use carefully.
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by yungchap(m): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
ddjay:
tecno people abeg just read and don't spoil this premium thread with tecno comments, infact using a tecno phone to type a comment can spoil this thread,na big guys thread be this.abeg no spoil am 4 us

grin grin grin
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by ollah2: 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
omicpet:

Support system on IOS is overhyped. First and foremost, it's been proven that iOS updates breaks iPhones and Apple was even sued for this.

Secondly, iOS updates adds little to nothing to the phones. Ohh well, it changes the OS version names. Android P which Pixel users were dying to have is Android Oreo to Samsung users because most of Pie features are already present in Samsung Oreo.

Finally, Appele users buying iPhone is not because of longetivity because study has proved times without number that people don't use their phones beyond two years.
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by omicpet(m): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2018
ollah2:

Support system on IOS is overhyped. First and foremost, it's been proven that iOS updates breaks iPhones and Apple was even sued for this.

Secondly, iOS updates adds little to nothing to the phones. Ohh well, it changes the OS version names. Android P which Pixel users were dying to have is Android Oreo to Samsung users because most of Pie features are already present in Samsung Oreo.

Finally, Appele users buying iPhone is not because of longetivity because study has proved times without number that people don't use their phones beyond two years.

really , I've got a mini 2 iPad 4yrs counting and I rock it .
Aunty Madam rocks a 5s 5years and counting

Agreed in the iOS 11 update with which rolled out to phase out the iPhone 5 and 5s via battery kill and drain issue but I'll bet my onions people still rock this mobile

And oh on a lighter note did the study take into factor thousands of pre owned phones shipped out of the US to the west of Africa or does it mean the phone died off.

Truly even the whites that have access to great repayment plan on credit facilities and mobile plans maintain their iOS device over a longer time frame

Only the sheeple change devices at the end of a plan or at a release of a new product .

You wanna know why ? It's cos there's access to trade-off and monthly pay
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by ollah2: 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
omicpet:

really , I've got a mini 2 iPad 4yrs counting and I rock it .
Aunty Madam rocks a 5s 5years and counting

Agreed in the iOS 11 update with which rolled out to phase out the iPhone 5 and 5s via battery kill and drain issue but I'll bet my onions people still rock this mobile

And oh on a lighter note did the study take into factor thousands of pre owned phones shipped out of the US to the west of Africa or does it mean the phone died off.

Truly even the whites that have access to great repayment plan on credit facilities and mobile plans maintain their iOS device over a longer time frame

Only the sheeple change devices at the end of a plan or at a release of a new product .

You wanna know why ? It's cos there's access to trade-off and monthly pay

Like I said earlier, iOS updates are overhyped. Some features on S4 which was debutted some 6 years can newly be found in newer android phones and iPhones. The 5s literally has nothing new the OS brings besides crippling and changing the OS name in settings. Same with your iPad mini , Apple won't give your split screen or other nice features it will give newer iPads. It's all gimmicks

Nobody gives a fvck about third world countries. Your purchasing power is weak and no the whites don't hold out devices longer anymore since like 3 years ago. The devices are literally the same, just some few changes.

Some features on Note 9 can't be found on any device despite running Oreo while Pie is already out there. Though updates are a plus but not the way some people make it look. Heck, some of the guys hyping Apple's update system still have windows 7 because they find it better and refused to update or buy a newer PC running win 10.
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by darkhorizon: 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
toluxa1:
These two phones are not comparable. Note 9 is Uncle to XS Max and still much cheaper. Note 9 is currently the Top phone in the market.

Top phone ke, Huawei have surpassed them spec wise.
Re: Flagship Battle: How The Galaxy Note 9 Trumps The Iphone XS Max by taiwosamwell(m): 1:13am On Feb 11, 2020
johncreek:
you didn't talk about how strong the screen is. I still recall how samsung's screen cracks at a drop on the floor unlike the Iphone. I think Samsung has a long way to go when it comes to how strong its screen is.
The Note 9 has stronger screen than iPhone XSMax
Check it on YouTube

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TECNO Releases Video Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus / How To Get Airtel 1.5gb With #50 And 500mb With #25 July 2016 / My Samsung Android Phone Is Not Browsing-HELP ME PLEASE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.