Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:41 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (438977 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 7:10pm On Feb 28, 2011
miju:

@freshp you can be of help too sir.

I know that. . .its just that sometimes its easier to just wait for someone to give a better answer.
as for 66 E and 68 E issue. . .Gadotor is right. that is if its in terms of bigger dish (1.2,1.8 2.4M and above).

when it comes to 90cm dishes and below i think i little tweaking of the dish will be needed.

what kind of dish are deploying for this bird?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2011
@miju that is yes you just follow what l said in the above post and you will be fine.unless you are using dish when the ku is off-set or fixed not at prime focus,you will get the signal above 57e.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2011
@All,some goodies on w7 satellite tp 11428 V 30000.Its an Angolan Bouquet with 15 channels.Enjoy and happy viewing.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by freshp(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
Ilish:

@All,some goodies on w7 satellite tp 11428 V 30000.Its an Angolan Bouquet with 15 channels.Enjoy and happy viewing.

Good work man good work. . . long time.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ikiriye(m): 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2011
@freshp
kindly give me a tp for 68.5E
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by borderline(m): 7:37am On Mar 01, 2011
@all
welldone to all the effective posters for keeping the satellite world buzzing. New channels everyday!, hmmm
@versace
my contact got the box at the other shop @ a reduced price. Thanks for your time
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lexxybb: 9:28am On Mar 01, 2011
Ilish (m)
ZAMBIA

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part)
« #3074 on: Yesterday at 08:33:50 PM »

That tp is red here at Abeokuta South West Nigeria
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lexxybb: 9:31am On Mar 01, 2011
[/quote][quote author=Ilish link=topic=475178.msg7818551#msg7818551 date=1298921630]
the tp is red
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by yamie: 10:04am On Mar 01, 2011
@all I have rescaned my 4663 and I am enjoying BBC AND CNN. VIVA FTA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by yamie: 10:20am On Mar 01, 2011
@ ALL guys could you give me a list of FTA decoders with MPEG 4 apart from 4669X, COZ here in Malawi we do not have them in stock. One time I bought a 4669x, but the data was for 4663x and i returned to that shop owner.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ayibatonye(m): 10:51am On Mar 01, 2011
pls which of the sat did you get the CNN and BBC
yamie:

@all I have rescaned my 4663 and I am enjoying BBC AND CNN. VIVA FTA
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by BasseyJ(m): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2011
hi all, i wanna get a new
dish,was hoping to get a
90cm strong dish but
may get a bigger size if
the price difference isnt
much, pls how much can
i get a new big dish,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by yamie: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2011
@ Ayibatonye, it is on 68.5e . you know it is complecated in my case I do not know if u will understand this. My dish is 1.8m mesh but main point is 64e thats C band, on the same dish there is KU band lnb for 68.5E. so it like on one dish there two lnbs focusing on different satelites.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ayibatonye(m): 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2011
I would have tried it but am not in the house now. but is it that it can not be possible with 90cm
yamie:

@ Ayibatonye, it is on 68.5e . you know it is complecated in my case I do not know if u will understand this. My dish is 1.8m mesh but main point is 64e thats C band, on the same dish there is KU band lnb for 68.5E. so it like on one dish there two lnbs focusing on different satelites.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hisoccer(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2011
BasseyJ:

hi all, i wanna get a new
dish,was hoping to get a
90cm strong dish but
may get a bigger size if
the price difference isnt
much, pls how much can
i get a new big dish,

pending on d dish u're going for 90cm is 4.5k , 1.8m is 11k , 2.4m 28-30k so make ur choice
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by miju(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2011
people, why are the other tps on 66.E showing red except unisa and the second university signal?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by unite4real: 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2011
[size=14pt]HI EVERY GURU,

I have a 2.4m dish

I want to install free to air so i can track all DSTV full bouque and Showtime. some one said i should buy a strong decoder and a MicroBox and all will be fine.

Questions:
1. the location of my house is far from the dish, like 50 metres. what is my distance limit from dish to decoder
2. what type of strong decoder is recommended
3. is the microbox reliable?
4. if the microbox fails, what are the likely channels i am able to track FTA
?[/size]
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by BasseyJ(m): 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2011
thanks a lot @hisoccer
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by ohikhena(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2011
miju:

people, why are the other tps on 66.E showing red except unisa and the second university signal?

@ all

Lets assume the poster above is new to the forum.So we should apply the ignore key.

@unite4real

microbox is a taboo on this thread.Here we shoot down birds.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 6:49pm On Mar 01, 2011
rescan your decoder and you will be fine.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2011
broken jack,bad c-band lnb,left with a 2.5m mesh,ku lnb and a old 4651 strong receiver, guess i have less to say than wait while u guyz post something good.at d mean time i'm while stuck to astra 4a 'til everything's fixed!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by swordswifter: 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2011
@ all

Lets assume the poster above is new to the forum.So we should apply the ignore key.

@unite4real

microbox is a taboo on this thread.Here we shoot down birds.

@Ohikhena,
Beautiful man,just beautiful.That is the way to go.

@unite4real,
You heard the man(Ohikhena).Right question,wrong place.If you need help go to the satellite market and ask.Or better still,let the one who gave you the info lead you on your way.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by miju(m): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2011
thank you for the reply.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Olsojay(m): 7:21am On Mar 02, 2011
get urMicrobox 2 today to enjoy all football matches and entertainment. It is also available 4 swaping in normal price
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:25am On Mar 02, 2011
unite4real:

HI EVERY GURU,

I have a 2.4m dish

I want to install free to air so i can track all DSTV full bouque and Showtime. some one said i should buy a strong decoder and a MicroBox and all will be fine.

Questions:
1. the location of my house is far from the dish, like 50 metres. what is my distance limit from dish to decoder
2. what type of strong decoder is recommended
3. is the microbox reliable?
4. if the microbox fails, what are the likely channels i am able to track FTA?

@unite4real,
1) DSTV and showtime are not FTA so you don't necessarily get them free by installing a big dish. The only legal way to receive them is to pay a subscription.
There is no distance limit for your installation, rather you can always boost your signals depending on your distance. At 50m I think you're still ok.
2) You can buy the new STRONG 4669X if you really want to go into FTA (legally).
3) Microbox is an off-topic in this thread.
4) If you motorize your 2.4m dish, your strong 4669x decoder can give you enough free channels that you won't finish watching let alone think of illegal breaking of signals.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by unite4real: 10:31am On Mar 02, 2011
@George_D

What do you mean when you said i should motorise my 2.4m dish. with that, can i watch epl and champions league?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Lov4sat(m): 11:38am On Mar 02, 2011
IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT THEN GET A DSTV PACKAGE SO THAT YOU CAN WATCH ALL EPL AND WHAT EVER
THIS IS STRICTLY FTA THREAD AND A HACKING THREAD
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by unite4real: 11:55am On Mar 02, 2011
@lovesat

what is the essence of FTA if i cant watch epl and champions league. you say the tread is for fta and hacking. then tell me how i can hack football. i need to watch matches.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2011
@blues4real sorry united4real

we dont do hacking here, motorise your dish and get enuf fta some even show selected premiership match and cl good luck
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by unite4real: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
can i get a nairaland motorised dish installer in abuja?

kindly give me contacts.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
@unite4real,
Motorising your dish means installing a jack and positioner to move the dish from one position to the next (as opposed to a fixed dish on one spot).

When you motorise your dish you will have an option of watching numerous stations in different positions free. Some do show matches though with late start but you still get to watch same match same day.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
unite4real:

can i get a nairaland motorised dish installer in abuja?

kindly give me contacts.

i dont know u might need to contact twinstaiye he may direct you to someone

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.