Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,916 members, 7,942,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? (5925 Views)

What Our Young Girls Are Degrading Into? [graphic Pics] / Is It Proper For Nigerian Guys To Toast A Lady On Social Media? / Toast A Girl/boy In 10 Words. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by coschuks(m): 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2010
My candid advice to u, is to face Ur studies and stop eyeing girls on campus. read Ur books boy!!
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by teekay8(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2010
My boy, do you want to date her? If yes, just tell her. It is normal, at least in our country. Remember- we are not indians!!!!
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by omega25red(m): 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2010
poster then i guess you will never respect any woman who comes to you with love on their lips as you say because you think they are degrading themselves.

Truth is you are afriad of rejection and it happens. So stop making excuses and waiting for a woman to toast you because another guy with his eyes on the prize will swoop down and claim her while you sit around waiting for a respectable way of toasting a chick
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by muggle(m): 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2010
Mahmed:

Am not sure its degrading. Its only natural for a guy to ask a girl out and not the other way round. Be bold and pray,

Wetin concern prayer with toasting o
Una too religious die! grin
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by coschuks(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
MY brother, abeg ask am jor. dem dey pray to god, to help them commit sin.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Ranoscky(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2010
@Muggle, how u take see that prayer of a thing? grin grin grin. . .chai! pipu funny die O! grin
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by slap1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
coschuks:

what sin?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by slap1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
coschuks:

which sin?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by onlysose(m): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2010
Try this one

You dont need to toast a lady these days because its a game theory thing. Request for a date, when granted try to cross personal boundaries. Silence means "go ahead we are together" report to us what happen.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by coschuks(m): 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2010
bang bang of course
grin grin shocked angry
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by coschuks(m): 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2010
@onlysose. this is practical no 1, end of practicals will result to triplets. slap 1 should have a nice day boy!!
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by shigoo2000: 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2010
Follow your heart guy,you are a man and you have to follow your heart, i mean if you love the girl you go straight to her and tell her your mind, aint degrading guy,
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by slap1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
Ok evribodi, thank u for ur hospitality and ignorance,lol.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Papii: 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2010
is it that u are not man enough? Just dey there, another guy go soon collect the babe.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by koolpal(m): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2010
u hv already initiated the initial move since u guys are friends its over, spend my tym with her lyk two days u will see that she can't do with u, cheers
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by MeGaStReEt: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2010
instead wey this guy go talk say im no get the liver to toast the girl, e dey here dey put us for high jump

guy try gather liver, na yes or no nothing more
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Abery: 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2010
Simply kiss her!!! if she kisses u back , well. if she slaps u, u kno what that means.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Princelaws: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2010
I believe dat if she likes u,no matter how bad or how gud ur grammatical expressions are,she will surely say yes to you.Take the bold step by telling her and be ready for the consequences,I'm very sure that u'll know if she's Miss Right or not.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by chamotex(m): 7:27pm On Jul 08, 2010
slap1:

I'm in my twenties and I've not 'toasted' a girl before, or even given it a thought. The girls I've had things with are always the ones who come to me with luv on their lips(not blowing any trumpet, the attraction is natural, they tell me). Now I met this girl in school who is slowly getting into me, we call each other now and then (and she kept in touch with me during the holiday to make sure we resumed the same day), but act a bit formal in class(though she'd be sure to stay around me all day). I believe she is waiting for me to take the bold step as the guy, but given my past experience, I think it's degrading to tell her how I feel. Is it?

The fact that you've never even given it a thought worries me more.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by gozee(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2010
I have also experience it, one thing you should know is you are the man, you should make the move, cos mine made me become proud, which i did not like. Making the move first makes you value the Girl,
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by seedord247(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2010
This same scenario happens to me couple of years back before my friend take over from me.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by BORDEAUX(f): 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2010
Am not sure its degrading. Its only natural for a guy to ask a girl out and not the other way round. Be bold and pray,

MUGU what king of advice is this?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by reindeer: 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2010
Its not!
you can make it easier by writing her a letter that starts thus:

dear xxxxx,
how are you and how is your heart,i hope all is well with your rosy heart, if so DOXOLOGY, grin grin grin
I have been admiring your swagga for a while now and would not mind if we go bumper to bumper ,im sure you know the implication,

so guy, just flow like that and walahi!she musto gel! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by vescucci(m): 11:18pm On Jul 08, 2010
In my small experience, if you like a woman, tell her. If she likes you, it won't bother her and she'd be delighted, touched etc and things will kick off. If she goes 'eewwww' you're strike three, out forever. Diamond rings won't win her over. Either way, you know where you stand and you'll sleep better at night.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by obojo(m): 11:22pm On Jul 08, 2010
I kissed a girl and i liked it, grin She on the other hand filed a restraining order
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:11am On Jul 09, 2010
Wetin be toasting? Shey u wan tell her some flowery nonsense about how she's the butter in your bread, sugar in your tea and how you think about her all the time ni?

Abegiii, skip all that 'senrere' and just give her a direct and unambigous one-liner. . .something like this
[center]I want us to be more than friends[/center]
If she nor gree, you move on. . .on to the next one grin grin
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by msb247(m): 1:22am On Jul 09, 2010
shocked undecidedSILLY POST INDEED! embarassedIF U THINK ITS DEGRADING, THEN WHAT'S UPGRADING? FOR HER 2 ASK U OUT OR WHAT? lipsrsealed MTSEWW! SIDDON-THERE DEY LOOK LYK MUMU, cool PERSON GO HELP U GRADE HER! lipsrsealed HOW OLD R U SEF?

DO YOU THINK NAIRALAND IS FOR JOKERS??!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

AM OUTTA HERE!
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by obojo(m): 3:40am On Jul 09, 2010
action speaks louder than words, kiss her, u either get kissed back or get slapped, life goes on.
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Jasper20(m): 4:29am On Jul 09, 2010
it's not degrading only when you present your speach with courtesy
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Jasper20(m): 4:31am On Jul 09, 2010
it's not degrading only when you present your speach with courtesy
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by canabis: 5:10am On Jul 09, 2010
@Slap1, it won't be as more degrading as failing all your courses just because you have failed to do the right thing at the right time. if that is your priority , the go for it. when you come leave that skull with 3rd class, you go no say "Kaki no be Leather" better go read your books.

I tell you my experience about them; when you have money, Nigerian women look for you and can do anything to have you ,so you don't need "toasting" . But if you do not have money for this Naija, I bet you na only deaf and dumb go gree follow you cos they no fit say yes or no.

So why not work harder now and make money so as to rule ya world then? shey you dey feel me?
Re: Is It Degrading To 'toast' A Girl? by Kenyy: 8:09am On Jul 09, 2010
canabis:

@Slap1, it won't be as more degrading as failing all your courses just because you have failed to do the right thing at the right time. if that is your priority , the go for it. when you come leave that skull with 3rd class, you go no say "Kaki no be Leather" better go read your books.

I tell you my experience about them; when you have money, Nigerian women look for you and can do anything to have you ,so you don't need "toasting" . But if you do not have money for this Naija, I bet you na only deaf and dumb go gree follow you cos they no fit say yes or no.

So why not work harder now and make money so as to rule ya world then? shey you dey feel me?

I vehemently agree with your take on this issue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Like To Look Older Or Younger Than Your Actual Age? / See What A Girl Who Needed A Serious Relationship And Got It Is Still Doing / Strange Situation.....what Do U Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.