Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,152 members, 7,890,889 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:10 PM

Accommodation In The Washington Dc Area For Newcomer - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accommodation In The Washington Dc Area For Newcomer (634 Views)

Driving To An Area For The First Tme... / Driving In The US For Newcomer(JJC) / Nigeria Embassy Washington Dc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Accommodation In The Washington Dc Area For Newcomer by VAbound: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2010
Hello Peeps,
I am about to go the states. But will like to stay away from my relatives who stay in NJ. I am currently looking for accommodation in the washington DC area. Can any nairalander there be of assistance? I have gone to craigslist and its like you have to apply in person.
Any advice for me?
Any nairalander living in that area?
sad sad sad
Re: Accommodation In The Washington Dc Area For Newcomer by oyewolejos(m): 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2010
Man once step at a time.There is no Manager that will give out accomodation to a faceless individual.
U have to be physically present to sign the paper work.Moreover u will need a credit before u can rent an apartment so here lies your problem.Since u are new here, hardly can u find apartments without having credit.Your best bet is to look for 9jerians around that can help with credit so u can use their name to get an apartment.After credit u still need a security deposit before u can move in which is a month rent of the house.For example if the monthly payment is $500 then u need $1000 before u can move in.It's gonna be hard if u don't know anybody here but if u are bringing in money then u should be fine cos money talks bull$hit walks.
Dont take the risk of coming here without money or any relatives.
There is more to it than meets the eye.
Who no come no go know how far.
Just my 1 cent lol
Re: Accommodation In The Washington Dc Area For Newcomer by VAbound: 11:59pm On Jul 08, 2010
oyewolejos, thanks again,
spot on

(1) (Reply)

Hey, Can Anyone Advice On Hw To Get A Malaycian Visa / Visa Free / Admission Into American Universities (student Visa Guaranteed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.