Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,354 members, 7,920,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:28 AM

'shaibu Amodu Was Better Than Lars Lagerback' - Bora Milutinovic - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'shaibu Amodu Was Better Than Lars Lagerback' - Bora Milutinovic (664 Views)

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? / Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'shaibu Amodu Was Better Than Lars Lagerback' - Bora Milutinovic by smile4kenn(m): 3:00am On Jul 09, 2010
Bora Milutinovic, Super Eagles coach from 1997 to 1998, including at the 1998 FIFA World Cup France

I’m not really surprised to have seen this team fail as I know the problems they tend to encounter well. Nigeria is a country that’s overflowing with talent, but there’s an impatience there. They had a good African Cup of Nations campaign in Angola, where they finished third, but in spite of that they decided to change coach. Personally, I thought Shaibu Amodu had done a very good job. I have a lot of respect for Lars Lagerback, but he didn’t have enough time to get his message over to the players. It’s very difficult to build a competitive team in such a short space of time, as the players have to quickly take on board a new philosophy and new working methods. On an individual level, Vincent Enyeama proved that he’s a great goalkeeper and the generation of players who contested the 2008 Olympics also impressed: namely Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi, Victor Obinna, Peter Odemwingie and Sani Kaita. They showed that Nigeria is brimming with talent.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1270404/index.html#experts+review+africas+ambassadors
Re: 'shaibu Amodu Was Better Than Lars Lagerback' - Bora Milutinovic by 12large: 3:16am On Jul 09, 2010
well for me i think lagerback is just a white version of amodu
Re: 'shaibu Amodu Was Better Than Lars Lagerback' - Bora Milutinovic by Acidosis(m): 3:45am On Jul 09, 2010
Lots of Contradiction. He didn't have enough time is not enough reason to downgrade his potential
Re: 'shaibu Amodu Was Better Than Lars Lagerback' - Bora Milutinovic by denitro(m): 9:03am On Jul 09, 2010
"Quote: shaibu Amodu Was Better Than Lars Lagerback' - Bora Milutinovic "

Was that your own biased opinion or was there any other source stating that Bora said that besides yours, becos
Bora didn't say that Amodu was better than Lagerback based on what you quoted, you implied it.
Men get a life,
Please don't take us backwards - Amodu is a for gone issue.
Re: 'shaibu Amodu Was Better Than Lars Lagerback' - Bora Milutinovic by omar22(m): 1:07pm On Jul 09, 2010
had a good African Cup of Nations campaign in Angola, where they finished third

Bora need's an upgrade on his glasses! they need thicker lens

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Rank 27th, Ghana 7th In South Africa 2010 / Hello Nigerias If U Need Free Browsing Code On Mobile Phone And Laptop Then Vis / Is This The Strangest Goalline Clearance In History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.