Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,167 members, 7,884,072 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

How Much Do You Currently Pay Per Unit For Shipping Of Goods To Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Do You Currently Pay Per Unit For Shipping Of Goods To Nigeria? (1797 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid / What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Currently Pay Per Unit For Shipping Of Goods To Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2010
Shipping goods to Nigeria. I know there are some Nigerians out there who currently have to deal with shipping goods down to Nigeria on a regular basis. I am here seeking advice from such Nigerians on how to go about solving my own problem here. I need to ship an average of 250kg in goods to each customer and would like some information on how to best save on cost. I know I can pass the cost down to customers, which is what I am currently doing but that even with that, I believe it is in my best interest to find cheaper ways of shipping so my service becomes even more affordable to more people out there.

Using aircargo shippings costs about $4.75 per kg from the US. Shipping by sea is cheaper but still would love to know what people currently pay out there. How much do you currently pay per unit for shipping of goods to Nigeria from whatever location you do? What services do you use and how can one contact them?

Please do not bother trying to use this to make quick some quick bucks for yourself and don't bother posting your phone number or email if the information is secret.
Re: How Much Do You Currently Pay Per Unit For Shipping Of Goods To Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2010
I use two agents in the UK. One charges £3.50 per kilo to Lagos and they have shipments going almost every weekday. The other charges £3.00 per kilo, and they have shipments going only on Fridays, so it depends on how urgently I need to send goods across.
Re: How Much Do You Currently Pay Per Unit For Shipping Of Goods To Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Jul 12, 2010
What is the average weight of goods you ship with this company?
Re: How Much Do You Currently Pay Per Unit For Shipping Of Goods To Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2010
Anyone else able to help with info?
Re: How Much Do You Currently Pay Per Unit For Shipping Of Goods To Nigeria? by adexfem(m): 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2010
@poster, cost of shipping by sea depends on the item and the quantity of the item you are shipping.
If your shipment does not exceed 1000kg i will advise you stick to air freight.

When you are shipping by sea, you are expected to use a container or you share the container with some other people.
Depending on the item, you will also pay the following charges;

CUSTOM DUTY,
SHIPPING COMPANY CHARGES,
TERMINAL HANDLING CHARGES,
as well as AGENCY CHARGES.

All these excludes shipping charges.

If your product or item is regulated by any agency like NAFDAC,SON, PLANT QUARANTINE etc, you will be expected to pay their charges too.
Re: How Much Do You Currently Pay Per Unit For Shipping Of Goods To Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What is the average weight of goods you ship with this company?

Not much - Anything between 10 and 50kg.

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala's Dollar Salary Generates Debate In U.s / Domain Flipping Share Your Ideas / Concrete Mixers Business In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.