Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,792 members, 7,930,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (906192 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by dinho10(m): 6:31am On Oct 13, 2018
Please how much do I have to pay for GCMS note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by whinny: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2018
alftdbts:

Congratulations bro. I tap into your blessing

Congrats bro... So happy for you.
God truly has his ways, your application was darn fast. As you said, your profile might have been termed 'Not so airtight' cus of the small millions and factors but God did it. Also sorry abt your accident may the Lord perfect his healing over you but don't protect that leg you had the surgery on. Work that leg, walk with it very well and you would be happy you did.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 7:25am On Oct 13, 2018
Good morning all. @ those who have admission in Humber college, Kindly advise how long it's likely to take. I applied just about a week ago. Also advise if I can do my medicals and police report now and how to go about It.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by amozag2018: 8:15am On Oct 13, 2018
Good Morning HOUSE,

Please @Damsyangel23, @Kishkosh, @ghabrhiel10, @Kemsure30, @ralfudoh, @kceecool, @Goldenegg, @123abcclown any updates on your applications because my application will be 20 weeks tomorrow and I have been getting only generic emails from CIC. (Eligibility review started September 7th and I applied May 29th)

APRIL APPLICANT

1. Damsyangel23
Online application
April 17
Biometrics April 23
Request for new biometric July 10
New biometric 18 July
Eligibility review started August

JUNE APPLICANTS

2. Kishkosh
Apllication lodged on the 12 of June,
Upfront medical updated on the 7th of August,
review started on the 7th of August till date.

3. ghabrhiel10
Applied June 14 online
Biometrics on 25th june
Still on processing background check

4. Kemsure30
I applied on the 20th of June
Upfront medicals
Biometrics 25th of June

5. ralfudoh
Applied June 21st.
Medicals done and sent on the 27th of August.
Eligibility review started 29th August.
Medical passed 6hrs later.

6.kceecool
Applied June 28th
Biometrics July 3rd
Eligibility review 7th September

7. Goldenegg
Online application date: June 28th 2018
Biometrics Completed on July 6th 2018
Upfront medical submitted

8. 123abcclown
Applied June 29th
Biometrics July 3rd
Eligibility review started August 14th

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 8:18am On Oct 13, 2018
Asapant:
Sup Henricson. You no longer reply me.i need to ask you some questions. Send me ur mail pls.

Bro, I'm sorry. I did reply you to leave your email address so I can reply you using that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 13, 2018
jnyuwa02:

You or someone else made this call sleekysoft? It seems too broad and sweeping to be true. "All" June, July, August applicants? Not all June, July and August applicants can be completed all in one time. There are always going to be people whose background and security checks lies on the outliers (outside of the time frame). How do you account for that?

Is he saying this June, July and August applicants passed the background and security checks......need to be enlightened on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by henricson(m): 8:31am On Oct 13, 2018
Labims:
Good morning all. @ those who have admission in Humber college, Kindly advise how long it's likely to take. I applied just about a week ago. Also advise if I can do my medicals and police report now and how to go about It.

A week is still too early. Depending on the program you applied for, it could take months to get response from the school.
When I applied for mine, I applied for fall program 2018 (September) in January 2018, but I was wait listed, so I quickly applied for winter 2019 (January) and summer 2019 (may) programs in case I don't get September 2018 admission. I got admitted for January 2019 on may 31, 2018. Later on in July, I got a mail for a seat in September 2018 if I was still interested. I had to decline cause there wouldn't be enough time to process visa.

Admission could take months, so be patient. I would advise you apply for other schools or sessions in same school so you don't lose either ways. I wish you all the best.

Forget about medical and police report until you have gotten admission. Police report is valid for 3 months so it might expire before you even get admitted and apply for visa Medicals is valid for a year though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 13, 2018
amozag2018:
Good Morning HOUSE,

Please @Damsyangel23, @Kishkosh, @ghabrhiel10, @Kemsure30, @ralfudoh, @kceecool, @Goldenegg, @123abcclown any updates on your applications because my application will be 20 weeks tomorrow and I have been getting only generic emails from CIC. (Eligibility review started September 7th and I applied May 29th)

JUNE APPLICANT

8. 123abcclown
Applied June 29th
Biometrics July 3rd
Eligibility review started August 14th

Thanks

There is no update on my application. Still waiting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Henkubert: 9:22am On Oct 13, 2018
123abcclown:
Any update on these applications?

No update since I passed my medical

Henkubert
I applied online May 19,
medical request on the 21st of August,
medical done on the 23rd of August medical passed on the 27th August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by emmy4Gold: 10:15am On Oct 13, 2018
Congratulations to you, God has really been good to you. Go & make us proud....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 10:21am On Oct 13, 2018
Thanks much
henricson:

A week is still too early. Depending on the program you applied for, it could take months to get response from the school.
When I applied for mine, I applied for fall program 2018 (September) in January 2018, but I was wait listed, so I quickly applied for winter 2019 (January) and summer 2019 (may) programs in case I don't get September 2018 admission. I got admitted for January 2019 on may 31, 2018. Later on in July, I got a mail for a seat in September 2018 if I was still interested. I had to decline cause there wouldn't be enough time to process visa.

Admission could take months, so be patient. I would advise you apply for other schools or sessions in same school so you don't lose either ways. I wish you all the best.

Forget about medical and police report until you have gotten admission. Police report is valid for 3 months so it might expire before you even get admitted and apply for visa Medicals is valid for a year though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Labims: 10:23am On Oct 13, 2018
Also how long do I need to leave funds in my account for as a self sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 10:25am On Oct 13, 2018
042viber12:
How's possible that the processing time changed to 14weeks...those this apply to old peeps waiting since June/july or new applicants...cos mehn..this people are MAD! angry

Bro, I've applied since July 12, and I've not heard a word from them. The processing time was previously 11weeks, then it changed to 12weeks and recently it has been shifted to 14weeks. My patience is growing thin. Even the school I got admitted into has been sending mails to know when I'm coming.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 10:32am On Oct 13, 2018
galala123:
Please help me pour pour pour champagne!

I just collected my passport with visa till a day to my passport expiry in 2022!

Battery about to run down.

Congrats Brother.
Please when did you apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by fadasss: 10:36am On Oct 13, 2018
Can i send my too??
Cos dat was d reason dey gave me
Linzo:

So sorry for the delay, but I suggest you address the point raised and quickly reapply instead of waiting for GCMS. Why do I say so? Your GCMS will always cometwith the same normal generic reasons they have already given. I suspect your refusal is base of visit and not ties bla bla! Could you send me the SOP you use for scrutiny? I guess that's were the refusal came from
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by fadasss: 10:37am On Oct 13, 2018
I just received my gcms note now...i still don't understand..please can any1 shed more light
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 10:44am On Oct 13, 2018
sleekysoft:
Hello to May , June, July applicatants
It’s with great pleasure to inform y’all that your application has based the background/ Security Check... as of now what most applications is pending on is Eligibility review.. now the prayer now is God should order a good hearted officer to review and endorse it.. it shall end in praise

So, till how long do we continue to wait?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kemsure30: 10:46am On Oct 13, 2018
canadabyfire:

Madam,...how far ur application?...any further updates?

Have not heard anything from them
By Wednesday it will be 17 weeks
Since June 20
No eligibility review
Just upfront medicals passed on the 3rd of October
It’s all good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Ezriela: 10:56am On Oct 13, 2018
Good , kindly post it so the gurus can assist
fadasss:
I just received my gcms note now...i still don't understand..please can any1 shed more light
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by sleekysoft(m): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2018
Till when a VO picks up the file for eligibility check

Rodeoz:

So, till how long do we continue to wait?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by vibrant99(m): 11:21am On Oct 13, 2018
Apply for school, Apply for schoool,!!!!

Make una dey tell them say na money ooo, some school takes 100-140 canadian dollars.

Expensive school charge low application fee,
Cheap schools High application fee.
be ready.

henricson:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2018
sleekysoft:

Trying to believe you cos wen u said your source was CIC Ottawa, and my friend that applied for visa for me is based in Ottawa...so let's just keep praying and hoping....monday will be my 12week since I did biometrics at vfs ikate lagos

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 13, 2018
vibrant99:
Apply for school, Apply for schoool,!!!!

Make una dey tell them say na money ooo, some school takes 100-140 canadian dollars.

Expensive school charge low application fee,
Cheap schools High application fee.
be ready.

I paid $95 shaa...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 11:33am On Oct 13, 2018
sleekysoft:

Thanks for your response.
Waiting can be tiring and annoying.
I check my mail every now and then.

It's been over 3months now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 13, 2018
Ezriela:
Good , kindly post it so the gurus can assist

Pls screen grab or snap and post so the gurus could help u out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 11:36am On Oct 13, 2018
042viber12:

Trying to believe you cos wen u said your source was CIC Ottawa, and my friend that applied for visa for me is based in Ottawa...so let's just keep praying and hoping....monday will be my 12week since I did biometrics at vfs ikate lagos

I did mine are Ikate too.
12th July.

My Brother, I'm tired of waiting.
Whenever I track it online it shows "your application is under processing"

Wtf are you processing since July 12....Damn.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 13, 2018
Rodeoz:

Thanks for your response.
Waiting can be tiring and annoying.
I check my mail every now and then.

It's been over 3months now.
I applied on the 18th, did biometrics on the 23rd....so we are somewhat only the same ship..since dy extended the processing time to 14weeks..just wait till maybe the 13th, 14th or 15th week..den u could start sending mails to them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 13, 2018
Rodeoz:

I did mine are Ikate too.
12th July.

My Brother, I'm tired of waiting.
Whenever I track it online it shows "your application is under processing"

Wtf are you processing since July 12....Damn.

Lol...sorry bro...it's annoying but u just have to wait and pray u dont get denied totally...some people here are still waiting since May, June..so just wait till its 14weeks, meanwhile, have u differed the admission?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 11:41am On Oct 13, 2018
042viber12:

I applied on the 18th, did biometrics on the 23rd....so we are somewhat only the same ship..since dy extended the processing time to 14weeks..just wait till maybe the 13th, 14th or 15th week..den u could start sending mails to them

Okay Bro, thanks so much.

I just needed someone to talk to.
This is the hardest part of any application.
"Waiting" "Waiting" "Waiting"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 11:43am On Oct 13, 2018
042viber12:

Lol...sorry bro...it's annoying but u just have to wait and pray u dont get denied totally...some people here are still waiting since May, June..so just wait till its 14weeks, meanwhile, have u differed the admission?

Yeah, I'm not left with much of a choice than to wait.

Yeah, I've deferred my admission to next year.
"New Brunswick Community College"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Rodeoz(m): 11:44am On Oct 13, 2018
042viber12:

What about you?
Which school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 13, 2018
Rodeoz:

What about you?
Which school?

Algonquin College...
Differed till next year but still waiting on the new admission letter tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (546)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.