Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,835 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 (885383 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (546) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by TrustAllah: 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
mikkycoins:
Please I applied for masters in mun for fall.
I applied for transcript(futo) since 4th January and followed it up. Till now,mun has not received the transcript and I submitted my online application on 29th of January.
What do I do?
I received my student copy last week

Send the unofficial student copy to gradapply@mun.ca and tell them that the official one has been sent by your university and is in transit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by walexy06(m): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
mikkycoins:

No tracking details
Since January 4th
When I check their website(futo) all I see is "processin
okay, this I what I feel you should do. mail the School of Graduate Studies and let them know the situation, you can suggest further in your mail if you should send the unofficial transcript (from a company's email) to them. Their reply would be yes. though this is just for the admission consideration pending the official transcript get to them. so you will not see 'Received' against the transcript until the official copy is received. I did same before my official transcript was received. p. s...they can use the unofficial transcript for admission consideration. just mail them you have unofficial transcript. all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Tvickie(f): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
okay thank you
Frankrobbn1:

Read through the pages of this part 15, you will find one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Determinedsoul: 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
Congrats dr. Our testimonies will surely land soonest IJN, AMEN!

teejay2018:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!

To God alone be the Glory!!! Application that was meant to take few weeks ended up taking 8 months plus.....but God who began the good work completed it.

Application submitted - June 18th, 2018

Biometrics - June 25th, 2018
Medical request - November 20th 2018
Medicals done - November 21st 2018
Medical passed - November 28th 2018

And the waiting continued!!!

Passport Request - February 5, 2019

I will surely be back to give details.

I would like to thank Lotusboi, sleekysoft (with whom i share a very similar story about admission, and application), Frankrobben. I'm certain I can't thank you guys enough. These were people i contacted personally, and they took up my case as if 'twas an obligation and their responsibility.

makano, 042viber12 (Las Las, it will end in praise)...... Austacus and all.... Though I'm an "almost everyday" silent reader, your comments have been a huge source of encouragement to me.

And to those who are still waiting on God for a successful story, please don't give up on God. He surely answer prayers.
Thanks.

Brb
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Glowingx: 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
Claraben:

I have already sent the course outline Thursday last week, no response from them yet. Been checking my status and it is reading complete, ready for review. This was before I sent the course outline.
In same boat but for UG, anyway the academic advisor said course outline when submitted to admission is dispatched to department for evaluation and approval. Might take 6-8 weeks or less depends on how fast admission gets result back.
Hope you find this useful. So be calm and hopeful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
Congratulations mate!
I'm still waiting for God, June 21. I tap into the same approval anointing.
teejay2018:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!

To God alone be the Glory!!! Application that was meant to take few weeks ended up taking 8 months plus.....but God who began the good work completed it.

Application submitted - June 18th, 2018

Biometrics - June 25th, 2018
Medical request - November 20th 2018
Medicals done - November 21st 2018
Medical passed - November 28th 2018

And the waiting continued!!!

Passport Request - February 5, 2019

I will surely be back to give details.

I would like to thank Lotusboi, sleekysoft (with whom i share a very similar story about admission, and application), Frankrobben. I'm certain I can't thank you guys enough. These were people i contacted personally, and they took up my case as if 'twas an obligation and their responsibility.

makano, 042viber12 (Las Las, it will end in praise)...... Austacus and all.... Though I'm an "almost everyday" silent reader, your comments have been a huge source of encouragement to me.

And to those who are still waiting on God for a successful story, please don't give up on God. He surely answer prayers.
Thanks.

Brb
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Kendrick213: 11:09pm On Feb 06, 2019
sleekysoft:
Congrats bro.. we did our bio same day ..what program and school!! I am so happy for you and can’t wait for the likes of Austacus, Ralf , Kendrick and every other June and July applicant
Thanks mate, I'm patiently waiting on God to show himself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by bombodon44: 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
mikkycoins:

No tracking details
Since January 4th
When I check their website(futo) all I see is "processin

Website wetin, u need to get to school to get your students copy and your tracking number. That way u would be sure they have sent it...forget futo website o, that one na packaging

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 12:03am On Feb 07, 2019
Greetings to you all.

I am a bit confused about program's credentials.

Is PGD same as Graduate Diploma and PGC, Graduate Certificate?

Why i asked is because i keep seeing the following on various college's website

OCC: (Ontario College Certificate)
OCD: (Ontario College Diploma)
OCAD: (Ontario College Advanced Diploma)
OCGD: (Ontario College Graduate Diploma)
OCGC: (Ontario College Graduate Certificate)

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mikkycoins(m): 1:47am On Feb 07, 2019
TrustAllah:

Send the unofficial student copy to gradapply@mun.ca and tell them that the official one has been sent by your university and is in transit.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mikkycoins(m): 1:49am On Feb 07, 2019
bombodon44:

Website wetin, u need to get to school to get your students copy and your tracking number. That way u would be sure they have sent it...forget futo website o, that one na packaging
I have students copy which I scanned.
They refused to give me tracking number
I will mail the school the students copy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by mikkycoins(m): 1:50am On Feb 07, 2019
walexy06:

okay, this I what I feel you should do. mail the School of Graduate Studies and let them know the situation, you can suggest further in your mail if you should send the unofficial transcript (from a company's email) to them. Their reply would be yes. though this is just for the admission consideration pending the official transcript get to them. so you will not see 'Received' against the transcript until the official copy is received. I did same before my official transcript was received. p. s...they can use the unofficial transcript for admission consideration. just mail them you have unofficial transcript. all the best
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Emoe7: 3:51am On Feb 07, 2019
Hi, I submitted via paper application on the 24th of December and I've been trying to link to my online account but there keep saying no application found. Please is there anything else i can do to get update on my application?

Frankrobbn1:

Follow this STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE to link your paper application online.

Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by justwise(m): 6:25am On Feb 07, 2019
Austacus:

Your funds is very good and it can give you a visa and your current employment are good also. so now, you will have to work on your family tie and purpose of Visit.
Just to let you know that Dubai and South Africa is not regarded as a travel history (as far as Canada visa is concerned) well, they don't just refuse visa on zero travel history, though they will mention it with other reasons
Tackle the other reasons and travel history will fly away.
Your US denial doesn't have any negative influence on your Canada visa... it does, if you were banned.
If you're not in a rush, order your Gcms to know the exact thoughts of the VO that handled your application.
July is summer so you have time to order for your Gcms

I'm sorry but this is misleading and not really helpful.

Traveling to those two countries especially South Africa counts as travel history and US visa denial could have negative effect not only when you are banned from US

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Maestro001: 7:09am On Feb 07, 2019
I just got admission to NBCC to study Welding technology(diploma),I’m a graduate of physics and my sponsor is a family friend ,I have been working as a sales man for an online store (Jumia)since last year after I served in 2016...Sponsor is a director of his own construction company....Please house what documents should I compile before applying as I already have my
1.Leter of admissioon
2.Bsc cert
3.Neco cert
4.Family birth certs plus mine.
5.Police character
6.SOP.
7.Proof of funds(mine(1.7m)and that of sponsor(6 months bank statements)
8.CAC certs
9.Landed properties.
10.Nysc certs.
11.Transcripts.
12.International passport bio date page and copies
13.Passport photographs.
14.Proof of relationship(by me and sponsor by means of sworn affidavits)
15.Marriage and birth certificates of sponsor
16.Sponsorship letter written by sponsor
17.Sworn affidavits by sponsor.
My intending program of study has no connection with my employment as a sales person and there is no document to prove that except for invoices and ID CARD
Lastly I am in my late late 20’s unmarried without a kid ;is this a red flag??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:15am On Feb 07, 2019
justwise:

Traveling to those two countries especially South Africa counts as travel history and US visa denial could help negative effect not only when you are banned from US

Well... I will do my findings and take correction
:
But I doubt you are correct because travel history for Canada, US visa is mostly from a developed country like US, Canada, Schengen countries, Singapore, Aus, NZ,Europe etc
:
Don't give me an incomplete answer that US visa refusal adversely affects the chances of getting Canada visa
I am pretty sure that Canada & US are members of the five-eye group, mainly to share criminal-immigration related data. So I will agree with you if you'd say ”not directly, it may affect”
And who's to say that the US visa refusal was not "normal"? For all we know, it might have been refused because of some criminal matter. so that could affect the chances of Canadian visa. The two countries have different purpose of visit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Owoch: 7:16am On Feb 07, 2019
Naijaforeigner:
Owoch I hope you can read the testimonies of people who applied since last year June and July? I will advice you don't withdraw your application.

I'm holding on. Hoping for the best. Thnks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by pete26(m): 7:54am On Feb 07, 2019
Hello guys, I just started following this thread and seems its been helpful to a lot of people. Pleas I need directions to go about my student Visa application, and what documents I need. I also want to find out from gurus in the house what you guys think about engaging an agent. Please I need your response. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hasalau: 7:58am On Feb 07, 2019
Morning all, please am having some challenges in submitting the schedule 1 Application for a temporary resident visa made outside Canada (imma 5257) and the client information, message keep showing on my screen file not submitted to IRCC, please kindly help me with the correct form to hasalau@gmail.com or anyone that as similar issue please how did you resolve it, i can proceed to the next step which is client information.
Cc: frankrobbn1, 042vibes12, Nails foreigner and other gurus in the house please help a fellow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 7:59am On Feb 07, 2019
Maestro001:
I just got admission to NBCC to study Welding technology(diploma),I’m a graduate of physics and my sponsor is a family friend ,I have been working as a sales man for an online store (Jumia)since last year after I served in 2016...Sponsor is a director of his own construction company....Please house what documents should I compile before applying as I already have my
1.Leter of admissioon
2.Bsc cert
3.Neco cert
5.Police character
6.SOP.
8.CAC certs
9.Landed properties.
10.Nysc certs.
11.Transcripts.
13.Passport photographs.
My intending program of study has no connection with my employment as a sales person and there is no document to prove that except for invoices and ID CARD
In as much that there's nothing impossible cause I believe some Nigerians must have gotten the visa on diploma basis.
These guys are looking for any god damn crazy reasons to refuse Nigerians
If you'd come from a better country and you go for a diploma then you have nothing to worry but Nigeria graduate going for a diploma. Well, very possible
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by hasalau: 8:12am On Feb 07, 2019
LearnAndObey:
Hello,

Please sir, what are the documents I'm supposed to upload at the Client Information column.

I'm a first time applicant.

@LearnAndObey please how did you upload the client information in your application, mine is saying uploaded not submitted to IRCC, did you fill the schedule 1 application for temporary resident visa made outside Canada (imma 5257) as well because mine is saying you have submitted invalid form please can you help me with the form or direct me to were i can download the form on cic website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Raymondrain: 8:35am On Feb 07, 2019
Good morning house, I have a very big problem, my father is deceased and I don't have his birth certificate or death certificate. And even my mother can't remember his exact date of birth because we relocated and can't even locate any of my father's side relative anymore. What should I put on the family information? Should I write not applicable or write a separate letter of explanation?

Please help!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 07, 2019
pete26:
Hello guys, I just started following this thread and seems its been helpful to a lot of people. Pleas I need directions to go about my student Visa application, and what documents I need. I also want to find out from gurus in the house what you guys think about engaging an agent. Please I need your response. Thanks

U need to actually start from the beginning of the thread to know Wat u need but for the documents, if u can start reading from 225-230, som1 posted all the documents u will need..if u have any issues, kindly come here and ask...Finally, If u have been reading u will find out everybody here is doing all this on their own...no1 here uses an agent, but if u still wanna u can but from my experience with agents I suggest u learn how to do this own your own..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Claraben: 9:43am On Feb 07, 2019
Glowingx:

In same boat but for UG, anyway the academic advisor said course outline when submitted to admission is dispatched to department for evaluation and approval. Might take 6-8 weeks or less depends on how fast admission gets result back.
Hope you find this useful. So be calm and hopeful

Thank you so much for your support. Must confess the waiting is not easy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 07, 2019
Maestro001:
1.Leter of admissioon
2.Bsc cert
3.Neco cert
5.Police character
6.SOP.
8.CAC certs
9.Landed properties.
10.Nysc certs.
11.Transcripts.
13.Passport photographs.

Impressed how far u have gone, but I have some pointers to make...your SOA whixh is 1.7mil...if u ask me...it's not enough, u might be turned down on grounds of not having enough funds..in CIC standards, your own SOA should have a balance of 5mil while your sponsor should have at least 1 5mil..the idea is they want to see that u have enough money to take care of your self even if the sponsors money isn't available...On your SOP u need to explain how the sponsor relates to you, why is he is sponsoring you...age is not a barrier if u wanna seek education in canada..som1 older than has gotten his visa and already in class...so don't worry..On your SOP, u need to explain why u wanna do that cos, they need to see a career progression cos the VO will be wondering why a sales person is going for this course..u also need to explain the goals and employment possibilities in your home country...that way u handle the issue of the VO thinking u want come back after studies...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by LearnAndObey: 10:08am On Feb 07, 2019
hasalau:

@LearnAndObey please how did you upload the client information in your application, mine is saying uploaded not submitted to IRCC, did you fill the schedule 1 application for temporary resident visa made outside Canada (imma 5257) as well because mine is saying you have submitted invalid form please can you help me with the form or direct me to were i can download the form on cic website.
I'm sorry, I haven't gotten to client information yet.

The 5257 form can be downloaded on your portal. Just click on the blue link under other documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Okattamgbee: 10:09am On Feb 07, 2019
Okattamgbee:
Greetings to you all.

I am a bit confused about program's credentials.

Is PGD same as Graduate Diploma and PGC, Graduate Certificate?

Why i asked is because i keep seeing the following on various college's website

OCC: (Ontario College Certificate)
OCD: (Ontario College Diploma)
OCAD: (Ontario College Advanced Diploma)
OCGD: (Ontario College Graduate Diploma)
OCGC: (Ontario College Graduate Certificate)

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Frankrobbn1: 10:12am On Feb 07, 2019
justwise:

Traveling to those two countries especially South Africa counts as travel history and US visa denial could help negative effect not only when you are banned from US

@Justwise, The information put forward by you is false.

US visa refusal has no direct negative effect to a Canada Study Visa and will not be an automatic reason for a refusal. It is noted that Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and other first-rate European countries collaborate with each other by sharing and making information available on visa matters to every one.

With that said, when filling a Canada Study permit IMM1294E application form, under the background information section 2: A question is thrown to every applicant:
Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada OR any other country?

On the account that the applicant can veraciously and truthfully answer the above question as stated on the form, signifying that he/she has been refused a visa to the US, also indicating the reason for the refusal, and the date of visa rejection. There is no red flag and would not adversely affect the outcome of the Canada Study Permit.

After reviewing this part (background check), the visa officer move on to check the application entirety to know if the applicant ties is sufficient enough to compel their departure after studies and the likelihood of the applicant not to over stay their visit to Canada after the authorized period of stay. The visa officer will also check if the applicant have legitimate and adequate financial resources to support their planned study in Canada and to ascertain that the applicant wouldn't be a burden to the Canadian government or have any recourse to public funds during the course of study in Canada.

Consequently, provided that the applicant can show sufficient ties to their home country, the reasonableness of undertaking the program in Canada and adequate and legitimate source of funds to cater for their stay. The visa officer has no objection but to approve the application based on the information presented by the applicant.

Cc: Emiyrab will tell better about the above information presented by me.

Therefore, to recapitulate, NO a US visa refusal without a ban or criminal record has no negative effect for a Canadian study visa.

As regards to South Africa and Dubai being a good travel history. The answer is NO. A good travel histories for a Canadian study visa are trips to first-rate countries namely.... US, New Zealand, UK, Australia, Ireland, Paris, Turkey etc.

I was reviewing an applicant GCMS note last week, and the visa officer stated:
"The applicant's prior travel history is insufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment." Mind you, the applicant has travelled to Ghana, South Africa and Dubai. This is a clear evidence that these countries do not count as a travel history.

Cc: Austacus is very right with his stand point.

Cheers!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by gatsbym4(m): 10:35am On Feb 07, 2019
Maestro001:
1.Leter of admissioon
2.Bsc cert
3.Neco cert
5.Police character
6.SOP.
8.CAC certs
9.Landed properties.
10.Nysc certs.
11.Transcripts.
13.Passport photographs.

Pls I also applied, for what session fall semester? When did u apply, when did u get your admission letter...
pls a reply would be appreciated...thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by makano: 11:14am On Feb 07, 2019
Very True Frank. When also reviewing one GCMS note from a moniker here some months back, I also noticed Canada VOs dont give regards to countries like Ghana, Dubai, Malaysia, South Africa for travel history cos the moniker has actually traveled to these countries and still got refused for travel history and purpose of Visit. Was surprised Justwise could make such false claims tho, a whole moderator.. But I still respect Justwise tho.. Na still Boss las las.
Frankrobbn1:

@Justwise, The information put forward by you is false.

US visa refusal has no direct negative effect to a Canada Study Visa and will not be an automatic reason for a refusal. It is noted that Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and other first-rate European countries collaborate with each other by sharing and making information available on visa matters to every one.

With that said, when filling a Canada Study permit IMM1294E application form, under the background information section 2: A question is thrown to every applicant:
Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada OR any other country?

On the account that the applicant can veraciously and truthfully answer the above question as stated on the form, signifying that he/she has been refused a visa to the US, also indicating the reason for the refusal, and the date of visa rejection. There is no red flag and would not adversely affect the outcome of the Canada Study Permit.

After reviewing this part (background check), the visa officer move on to check the application entirety to know if the applicant ties is sufficient enough to compel their departure after studies and the likelihood of the applicant not to over stay their visit to Canada after the authorized period of stay. The visa officer will also check if the applicant have legitimate and adequate financial resources to support their planned study in Canada and to ascertain that the applicant wouldn't be a burden to the Canadian government or have any recourse to public funds during the course of study in Canada.

Consequently, provided that the applicant can show sufficient ties to their home country, the reasonableness of undertaking the program in Canada and adequate and legitimate source of funds to cater for their stay. The visa officer has no objection but to approve the application based on the information presented by the applicant.

Cc: Emiyrab will tell better about the above information presented by me.

Therefore, to recapitulate, NO a US visa refusal without a ban or criminal record has no negative effect for a Canadian study visa.

As regards to South Africa and Dubai being a good travel history. The answer is NO. A good travel histories for a Canadian study visa are trips to first-rate countries namely.... US, New Zealand, UK, Australia, Ireland, Paris, Turkey etc.

I was reviewing an applicant GCMS note last week, and the visa officer stated:
"The applicant's prior travel history is insufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment." Mind you, the applicant has travelled to Ghana, South Africa and Dubai. This is a clear evidence that these countries do not count as a travel history.

Cc: Austacus is very right with his stand point.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Austacus: 11:23am On Feb 07, 2019
Thanks, Emeritus for standing by me
This guy just wanna make me look like a fool. (I don't say want am not sure of)
I would also want to point out some issues
In as much as zero travel history don't necessarily affect the chances of visa. Please don't travel to Dubai, South Africa, Ghana, etc to disvirgin your passport in the name of US, Canada visa. You can use the money for better things unless you're going for tourism, visiting, business purpose etc
I would also highlight some very good point
Travel history increases your chances of getting a visa in Canada compared to someone with no travel history
Because the VO will see it this way
”if this guy could go to this country and obeyed the immigration law and he/she came back to his home country in the appropriate time then he/she will likely obey the immigration law in Canada and would return to his country.
Travel history is mostly regarded in developed countries that have been highlighted earlier.
:
if you've been refused Visa before especially in Five-eye group ( Aus, US, NZ, UK, and CA)
Please answer that yes or no question very well cause its one of the problem of being ban in Canada

If your answer is yes
Give the full details of your refusal and date.
Don't hide anything from them
I've seen a case in Gcms where the person didn't give out the full details and it almost put her is a big mess.
Thank God she ordered Gcms. had it been she didn't order the note, the story would have been in another dimension by now.
If your application has crossed 3 months, order Gcms to know what is actually wrong with the application.
:
I was very shock of what justwise said.
I didn't see that coming from justwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 by Favoured30: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2019
Good day house, I just got admission to Conestoga college to study Business- Finance ( Ontario College Diploma) for fall 2019, I am a physics graduate ( 2.1) and i have been working in a bank for about three years now. i want to know if it is ok to apply for a student visa with this admission. From what i have been reading on this platform i see that they hardly give Visa for pgd courses, i have been given one month by the school to pay a tuition deposit of 1500 Cad unless i will lose the admission, pls i will appreciate your opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (546)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / German Embassy And Visa / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.